Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4148

post #62206 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

This is a completely random question, but a lot of you seem to know a lot about computer stuff. If I'm looking for a portable < $100 USD CD/DVD player, preferably Mac and Windows compatible, which one(s) would you guys recommend? I was originally going to get a Apple Super Drive since it matches my hardware and it's covered with the Apple Warranty I have, but I'm open for other suggestions. Blu-Ray isn't a requirement but it would be a bonus for future's sake (I don't have any Blu-Ray material); likewise for SACD playback, but upon a quick Google search, there doesn't seem to be any portable SACD players.

You're correct. No portable SACD drives exist. Otherwise, just get the cheapest one you can find.

post #62207 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0SLobos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

This is a completely random question, but a lot of you seem to know a lot about computer stuff. If I'm looking for a portable < $100 USD CD/DVD player, preferably Mac and Windows compatible, which one(s) would you guys recommend? I was originally going to get a Apple Super Drive since it matches my hardware and it's covered with the Apple Warranty I have, but I'm open for other suggestions. Blu-Ray isn't a requirement but it would be a bonus for future's sake (I don't have any Blu-Ray material); likewise for SACD playback, but upon a quick Google search, there doesn't seem to be any portable SACD players.
Lol apple superdrive is way over priced at 80$. Go to newegg or ncix and you can get portable blu-ray writers for less than $100

Indeed it is, that's why I'm so hesitant to get one.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

This is a completely random question, but a lot of you seem to know a lot about computer stuff. If I'm looking for a portable < $100 USD CD/DVD player, preferably Mac and Windows compatible, which one(s) would you guys recommend? I was originally going to get a Apple Super Drive since it matches my hardware and it's covered with the Apple Warranty I have, but I'm open for other suggestions. Blu-Ray isn't a requirement but it would be a bonus for future's sake (I don't have any Blu-Ray material); likewise for SACD playback, but upon a quick Google search, there doesn't seem to be any portable SACD players.

Wait do you want an "audiophile" player or an actual normalpeople player? Or just a disk drive?

Audiophile player, as in the dedicated transports such as the ones from Woo Audio? It would be nice to have one eventually if it actually makes an audible difference, but I'm just talking about a normal disk drive for now.


Edited by miceblue - 3/3/13 at 10:51pm
post #62208 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Tangster guy ignored my bang make sica into a muppetface request. ToT.

I'll also need a decent image.

post #62209 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Indeed it is, that's why I'm so hesitant to get one.

 

Audiophile player, as in the dedicated transports such as the ones from Woo Audio? It would be nice to have one eventually if it actually makes an audible difference, but I'm just talking about a normal disk drive for now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151251

Boom. Can vouch for it. Got it cheaper on Black Friday. It's really just about reliability to a point.

post #62210 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151251
Boom. Can vouch for it. Got it cheaper on Black Friday. It's really just about reliability to a point.
That product be out of stock meng. Look before ya post, sheesh.
post #62211 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0SLobos View Post


That product be out of stock meng. Look before ya post, sheesh.

Don't go on newegg then, just Amazon.

Sheesh young people are so temperamental. 

post #62212 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Don't go on newegg then, just Amazon.
Sheesh young people are so temperamental. 
Don't you be worrying about me youngin. My blood pressure is well under control.
post #62213 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Don't go on newegg then, just Amazon.
Sheesh young people are so temperamental. 
Oops
post #62214 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0SLobos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151251
Boom. Can vouch for it. Got it cheaper on Black Friday. It's really just about reliability to a point.
That product be out of stock meng. Look before ya post, sheesh.

I'm not in a rush to get one, so it's all right if I have to wait a bit. It's about 40% more expensive on Amazon.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Indeed it is, that's why I'm so hesitant to get one.

 

Audiophile player, as in the dedicated transports such as the ones from Woo Audio? It would be nice to have one eventually if it actually makes an audible difference, but I'm just talking about a normal disk drive for now.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151251

Boom. Can vouch for it. Got it cheaper on Black Friday. It's really just about reliability to a point.

Thanks for the suggestion! I was reading about a slim Blu-Ray player from somewhere, I guess this might be it.

post #62215 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I'll also need a decent image.

 

Was the one I PM'd you not good enough?

post #62216 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I'm not in a rush to get one, so it's all right if I have to wait a bit. It's about 40% more expensive on Amazon.

 

Thanks for the suggestion! I was reading about a slim Blu-Ray player from somewhere, I guess this might be it.

No prob.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Was the one I PM'd you not good enough?

Holy schiit wifey you PM people other than me.

Goddang it counselor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0SLobos View Post

Don't you be worrying about me youngin. My blood pressure is well under control.

Which is why you're so trigger-happy *coughdoublepostcough* right? wink.gif

post #62217 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

No prob.

Holy schiit wifey you PM people other than me.
Goddang it counselor.
Which is why you're so trigger-happy *coughdoublepostcough* right? wink.gif
Shhh.The children are sleeping.
post #62218 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

Was the one I PM'd you not good enough?

A PM title that was rather more explanatory than domedomedome would've been helpful. I saw that PM and just went...

post #62219 of 156173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

A PM title that was rather more explanatory than domedomedome would've been helpful. I saw that PM and just went...

 

Oh gawd wifey did the exact same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0SLobos View Post

Shhh.The children are sleeping.

Nope I can see them on the active list on the sidebar.

post #62220 of 156173
Yay, my internets are back up after being out for an hour or so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I have lods (4 are broke, but just hold the connectors and they still make sound) if you need them.
Lame get more songs.
What CDs? wink.gif

Take them apart, fold the parts in a blanket, sneak away. No prob.
Yep better bring him along.
Lol I don't need any more LODs, I have 3 different fiios for different applications.
I don't need that many more songs, Just whatever sounds good. If my library gets too big, I will forget about one awesome works and never listen to them for a while, much like what's happened with the Beatles, as well as my small prog rock collection...
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Indeed it is, that's why I'm so hesitant to get one.

Audiophile player, as in the dedicated transports such as the ones from Woo Audio? It would be nice to have one eventually if it actually makes an audible difference, but I'm just talking about a normal disk drive for now.
Lol just get a DAC instead if you want something audiophile approved under $100. Unless you have one of those stupid macs without a cd drive... -_-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge