Okay.... the Rooth LS8+ is really attractive right now... performance wise, as well as price.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 4:34 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 5/8/13 at 1:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? Last post on Yesterday at 2:50 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Iphone to Matrix M-stage not sounding good: Amp, headphone or DAC? Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
Related Head Gear
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the RE-400. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The RE-400...
Along with the summary below, I have a review thread comparing the Sony EX1000, 7550, XBA-4 and XBA-40...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4041
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The treble is a little metallic and occasionally painful. Never, ever, ever use it with an amp with high output impedence. The mids and lows are nice though. I want to get my hands on an XBA-30, apparently the treble is much better.
Head-Fi's server time counts days differently. A day is generally between the time I finish school and enter it again in there time it seems.
NSFW (Click to show)
mechy found it at barnes and nobes
Meh, pillow pets...
I can't even access the MikuDB website. I keep on getting 403 Forbidden.
Yay. Good to know my Chinese isn't a complete failure.
I have no idea how they come up with these terms.
Just got myself Stax.........Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'll see your Stax and raise you my SR-202Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
America sucks sometimes...
I'm pretty satisfied with the Sony XBA-3s for my IEM habit. Sure they aren't as resolving as my main gear, but when I need to use them they seem to be just right for most of what I listen to. I am weird though and tend to feverishly dislike most IEMs for various reasons.
I need to find a good pair of IEMs for on the go. I'm trying Bowei's AKG K422's and every on-ear headphone I've tried, including this, hurts my ears after a short period of time.
That and the K422's leak a bit too much.
Didn't know you were on Bit-Tech. That was a surprise.
Edit: You're on bit-tech. You shouldn't be complaining about what's affordable and what isn't after seeing all of those ridiculous mods.
Edited by HybridCore - 2/27/13 at 7:50am
This thread derails rather often. Lots of stuff goes on here.
Great, my friend found toradora, manga, which is his favorite anime, but they didn't have volumes 1+2...
To amazon it is I guess...
Just got myself Stax......... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
FitEar is one of the top CIEM manufacturers in the world in my opinion, both in terms of QC and sound. They even make a CIEM specifically for anime OSTs called the Monet, as the company president is purportedly a big anime fan. It's tuned to sound bright and airy, emphasizing female vocals. Unfortunately sales of the Monet are restricted to Japan, and FitEar's other CIEMs are only available in Japan or countries with a Jaben outlet. You'll need a lot of dosh too.
Heir's CIEMs have very fine craftsmanship, but they end up costing quite a lot once you start going crazy with options like wood faceplates and gold glitter dust. The 4.A has more of a reference-type signature, while the 8.A is very warm and euphonic. I really like the 8.A, but personally it wouldn't be my first choice for the genres you describe. I'd go for something with a bit brighter tonal balance and better sense of air.
I don't have experience with Unique Melody, but they're pretty popular, so that's always something to consider. I'd also recommend looking into a company called Rooth.
Maybe when I have infinite monies someday and can go to Japan, I can buy it?
Personally though, I'm not sure an airier sig would be something I like, even for anisong. It seems like its already mastered pretty poorly with the highs being out of control on occasion. I also like my bass in music.
You should find out which drivers fitear uses for either its Monet or 334... Or just use what frogbeats C4/heir 4A use, I believe that's already known...
I'm already breaking my wallet :D. I am already poisoned by the TG334 and SR-009 but there is a good side, after hearing those two marvels it serves me as a reminder that the majority of people cannot attain to that level and we should be all grateful that we can enjoy the qualities of a fine headphone like no average joe can.
Average Joe -> Points to self
Headphones, and especially IEMs have reached a level of maturity where the only audible difference between most >$20 sets is the frequency response, which can be equalized with parametric EQ.
Ditto for most DACs and amps, unless the noise floor is audible and / or they don't drive the headphones loud enough.
Cables don't do squat.
The secret to the superiority of vinyl albums lies in the fact that they're not compressed to death like most digital recordings.
Tube warmth is 2nd order harmonic distortion that can now be completely done in software.
A healthy dose of digital signal processing (parametric EQ, de-essing "poor quality" recordings, HRTF processing to improve spatialization) can do more for the sound quality than $10000 on equipment.
I get up to use the restroom and by the time I get back there are 200 new pages to read. More of a chat room than a forum thread.
Hm...I think we had a discussion awhile ago about whether this is a thread or just a chat room secretly masked as a thread.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 40 seconds ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 47 seconds ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Yulong D100 MKII DAC - an update to an already excellent... 1 minute ago
- › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!) 1 minute ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links... 2 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review 2 minutes ago
- › Singapore Meet - Interest Check. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDRMA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by a_recording
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe