Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 4039

post #60571 of 151547

Don't think I can take pictures there lol, its mosh pit setting and bag check at entrance... sigh....

Omg TG334... was considering Heir too lol...

post #60572 of 151547

FitEar is one of the top CIEM manufacturers in the world in my opinion, both in terms of QC and sound. They even make a CIEM specifically for anime OSTs called the Monet, as the company president is purportedly a big anime fan. It's tuned to sound bright and airy, emphasizing female vocals. Unfortunately sales of the Monet are restricted to Japan, and FitEar's other CIEMs are only available in Japan or countries with a Jaben outlet. You'll need a lot of dosh too.

 

Heir's CIEMs have very fine craftsmanship, but they end up costing quite a lot once you start going crazy with options like wood faceplates and gold glitter dust. The 4.A has more of a reference-type signature, while the 8.A is very warm and euphonic. I really like the 8.A, but personally it wouldn't be my first choice for the genres you describe. I'd go for something with a bit brighter tonal balance and better sense of air.

 

I don't have experience with Unique Melody, but they're pretty popular, so that's always something to consider. I'd also recommend looking into a company called Rooth.


Edited by MuppetFace - 2/27/13 at 6:32am
post #60573 of 151547

I'm pretty satisfied with the Sony XBA-3s for my IEM habit. Sure they aren't as resolving as my main gear, but when I need to use them they seem to be just right for most of what I listen to. I am weird though and tend to feverishly dislike most IEMs for various reasons.

post #60574 of 151547
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

FitEar is one of the top CIEM manufacturers in the world in my opinion, both in terms of QC and sound. They even make a CIEM specifically for anime OSTs called the Monet, as the company president is purportedly a big anime fan. It's tuned to sound bright and airy, emphasizing female vocals. Unfortunately sales of the Monet are restricted to Japan, and FitEar's other CIEMs are only available in Japan or countries with a Jaben outlet. You'll need a lot of dosh too.

 

Heir's CIEMs have very fine craftsmanship, but they end up costing quite a lot once you start going crazy with options like wood faceplates and gold glitter dust. The 4.A has more of a reference-type signature, while the 8.A is very warm and euphonic. I really like the 8.A, but personally it wouldn't be my first choice for the genres you describe. I'd go for something with a bit brighter tonal balance and better sense of air.

 

I don't have experience with Unique Melody, but they're pretty popular, so that's always something to consider. I'd also recommend looking into a company called Rooth.

I was recommended the Rooth LS8 by average_joe. Anyone heard it before ?

post #60575 of 151547
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

FitEar MH334 :D. All you ever going to need in your life.

I'd like to recommend the 335 instead.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryTwoC View Post

I was recommended the Rooth LS8 by average_joe. Anyone heard it before ?

nope.

post #60576 of 151547
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

I'm already breaking my wallet biggrin.gif. I am already poisoned by the TG334 and SR-009 but there is a good side, after hearing those two marvels it serves me as a reminder that the majority of people cannot attain to that level and we should be all grateful that we can enjoy the qualities of a fine headphone like no average joe can.
Upgrade itis thankfully isnt hitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryTwoC View Post

Don't think I can take pictures there lol, its mosh pit setting and bag check at entrance... sigh....


Omg TG334... was considering Heir too lol...
Yeah. They are all expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

FitEar is one of the top CIEM manufacturers in the world in my opinion, both in terms of QC and sound. They even make a CIEM specifically for anime OSTs called the Monet, as the company president is purportedly a big anime fan. It's tuned to sound bright and airy, emphasizing female vocals. Unfortunately sales of the Monet are restricted to Japan, and FitEar's other CIEMs are only available in Japan or countries with a Jaben outlet. You'll need a lot of dosh too.

Heir's CIEMs have very fine craftsmanship, but they end up costing quite a lot once you start going crazy with options like wood faceplates and gold glitter dust. The 4.A has more of a reference-type signature, while the 8.A is very warm and euphonic. I really like the 8.A, but personally it wouldn't be my first choice for the genres you describe. I'd go for something with a bit brighter tonal balance and better sense of air.

I don't have experience with Unique Melody, but they're pretty popular, so that's always something to consider. I'd also recommend looking into a company called Rooth.

We need a conversation with that guy.

Sad to see sales restricted though. Wonder how different the Monet is from the regulars.

Also makes me wonder if one of us audiophile anime
Lovers could be like him one day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

I'm pretty satisfied with the Sony XBA-3s for my IEM habit. Sure they aren't as resolving as my main gear, but when I need to use them they seem to be just right for most of what I listen to. I am weird though and tend to feverishly dislike most IEMs for various reasons.
Ive looked into the XBA3. I hope to demo it at an upcomming meet if it is even there.

Yeah, i have some problems too. Its a love hate relationship.
post #60577 of 151547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Also makes me wonder if one of us audiophile anime
Lovers could be like him one day

I have plans to make a third attempt at DIY CIEMs after my IB exams. tongue.gif

UV resins shouldn't be too hard to get my hands on.....

post #60578 of 151547

Okay.... the Rooth LS8+ is really attractive right now... performance wise, as well as price.

post #60579 of 151547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I've looked into the XBA3. I hope to demo it at an upcoming meet if it is even there.

Yeah, i have some problems too. Its a love hate relationship.

The treble is a little metallic and occasionally painful. Never, ever, ever use it with an amp with high output impedence. The mids and lows are nice though. I want to get my hands on an XBA-30, apparently the treble is much better.

post #60580 of 151547
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryTwoC View Post

Okay.... the Rooth LS8+ is really attractive right now... performance wise, as well as price.

£900 and it's affordable?

post #60581 of 151547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron717 View Post

greetings everyone

Greetings!

 

*cue graphidz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

sure

Head-Fi's server time counts days differently. A day is generally between the time I finish school and enter it again in there time it seems.

 


 

NSFW (Click to show)

 

 

mechy found it at barnes and nobes

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00MusicLover00 View Post

Btw greetings everyone!!

Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Panda! :3

Meh, pillow pets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

My brother has one of those things, not panda though.....the last pic looks l;ike an abomination of a penguin with its head snapped backwards.

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

That Vocalossless project is taking too long to download... mad.gif

I can't even access the MikuDB website. I keep on getting 403 Forbidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Those are the right characters... Dem Chinese medical terms... rolleyes.gif

Yay. Good to know my Chinese isn't a complete failure.

 

I have no idea how they come up with these terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Just got myself Stax.........

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lay's Stax biggrin.gif

 

 

 

EDIT:


Damn you "recent images", ruining my joke....

Eat this:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

I'll see your Stax and raise you my SR-202 biggrin.gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


You and your fast Internet... mad.gif

America sucks sometimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

GENIUSES MOTHERFUC.KING GENIUSES

 

On one of the forums I'm frequenting, it leaked out E-mails and passwords of people logged in.

 

Where?

 

IN AN ERROR MESSAGE!!!

O.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

I'm pretty satisfied with the Sony XBA-3s for my IEM habit. Sure they aren't as resolving as my main gear, but when I need to use them they seem to be just right for most of what I listen to. I am weird though and tend to feverishly dislike most IEMs for various reasons.

I need to find a good pair of IEMs for on the go. I'm trying Bowei's AKG K422's and every on-ear headphone I've tried, including this, hurts my ears after a short period of time.

 

That and the K422's leak a bit too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

£900 and it's affordable?

Didn't know you were on Bit-Tech. That was a surprise.

 

Edit: You're on bit-tech. You shouldn't be complaining about what's affordable and what isn't after seeing all of those ridiculous mods. tongue.gif


Edited by HybridCore - 2/27/13 at 7:50am
post #60582 of 151547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

£900 and it's affordable?

 

*rubs eyes*

WHA?!?!?! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

post #60583 of 151547

i just stumbled upon this thread (cuz i luhz me sum annimay).. and only read pg 4,041.

 

it's way too entertaining. wth. is. going. on. ?? popcorn.gif

post #60584 of 151547
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post

i just stumbled upon this thread (cuz i luhz me sum annimay).. and only read pg 4,041.

 

it's way too entertaining. wth. is. going. on. ?? popcorn.gif

This thread derails rather often. Lots of stuff goes on here. tongue.gif

 

Welcome!

post #60585 of 151547
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

This thread derails rather often. Lots of stuff goes on here. tongue.gif

Don't you mean rarely stay on topic? biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge