Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3942post #59116 of 1075072/22/13 at 12:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #59117 of 1075072/22/13 at 12:09amQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
No more quotes, need to focus so just lurking on phone.
@minimal - was sarcasm. Can't stand solid color backgrounds.
@eve - lol why am I on that list? haven't kept up with those new shows since '10. I'm still rewatching old stuff as we speak.
Should probably put kalbee and 0o0o0o on the list, they really know their stuff.
The fact that you know old shows....definitely makes you the sempai.
Be nice to your Kouhai(s)~post #59118 of 1075072/22/13 at 12:10amQuote:
LOL. I'll probably try to give it a read...Quote:
Huh... Koreans must have it tough out there
LOL. Just use the default wallpaper thenQuote:
Which reminds me. I skipped reading GGO. Lost my interest alreadypost #59121 of 1075072/22/13 at 12:28amQuote:Lol! I've had it on my iPod for a while, mmkay? Modern rock isn't one of my daily listening choices anyways. Also remembered I have all of the black keys stuff too.Originally Posted by TwinQY
Wow real hard to type on the desktop site with an iPod, don't know how I managed without mobile (but it can't multi-quote so)
Nah, failing Chem already. All my labs are total fails. Need to study for this.
Coldpla- I am disappoint.
Saturday's always best since my work shift's Sunday afternoon and Saturday's my only "no study, no work" day. We could meet in Van if you wanted, but still a drive away from Portland, and I have to be there by evening (8-9) because I promised. A local library should be fine, it's not NYC or anything.
Of course we'd get mad. How dare you criticize our wifey relations.
I should, but didn't I mention how I made one in Gr 9 for a history project (founding father's facebook page) and then got viagra spam a day later? Never again...
Though if you really want I could make one. None of my friends use it (we all use QQ or just text) so I'd just end up adding head-fiers.
If you have QQ, that's a way. Had skype but took it off for weird reasons (decided I didn't want lib32 libraries on my install anymore
). Google talk?
Alright, Welp if 2 of you are in Portland, and it's 2 vs 1, I'll just drive to Portland. Saturday it is then.
Lol, you should make a facebrick!
Hmm, I don't use that Asian QQ shiz. Saw it when I hacked into the Japanese google play store, but was of no interest to me
You can add me on gtalk then I guess. Should get phone notifications for that... It's just my username @ gmail.com...
Anyway, I'm off to sleeps. Oyasumi Mina!post #59123 of 1075072/22/13 at 12:46ampost #59124 of 1075072/22/13 at 12:47ampost #59125 of 1075072/22/13 at 12:59amQuote:Originally Posted by mechgamer123Quote:Eh, it isn't too hot. Probably mid 100s (Fahrenheit you international fools)
Internals of PH should be fine, I don't plan on running PH with that stacked on top very often...
I was born and raised in 'murica and even I had a WTF moment there. XD
I'm too used to international units; mid 100's is ~70˚C, which is kind of warm. My computer typically runs at 50˚C (~100˚F).
It's always pretty easy to convert: (degrees + 40) * (9/5 for C-F, 5/9 for F-C) - 40Math (Click to show)
(150 ˚F + 40) * (5/9) - 40 = [190*5/9] - 40 = [950/9] - 40 ≅  - 40 ≅ 65 ˚C
(50 ˚C + 40) * (9/5) - 40 = [18*9] - 40 = 162 - 40 = 102 ˚F
Edited by miceblue - 2/22/13 at 1:00ampost #59127 of 1075072/22/13 at 1:13amQuote:
Gah enthalpy, Gibb's free energy, entropy.
Entropy is always increasing! Oh, and when you die you're in thermal equilibrium. :ppost #59128 of 1075072/22/13 at 2:10amQuote:
Using a torsion balance with lead balls. The gravitational attraction between the balls is something in the range of 10^-12 N, but measurable because of the crazy sensitivity of the device.
Attached to the torsion balance is a mirror which reflects a laser on a photodetector that outputs a voltage proportional to the distance to the center of the point the laser is hitting. This way you can accurately measure angles of a fraction of a degree.
You keep measuring a small oscillation for about an hour. And then you apply a non-linear fit to the data to extract values for the dampening constant, the period of oscillation, and the equilibrium position. Along with a lot of other measurements of masses and lengths, you then put it in a big scary formula you can easily derive using first year mechanics, and out comes a value for G.post #59129 of 1075072/22/13 at 2:12amQuote:
Unfortunately I can't skip it.
I have to hand some stuff in on Tuesday, and I still have got quite a bit to do for calculus. (I have to derive the three dimensional Laplacian in polar coordinates)post #59130 of 1075072/22/13 at 2:14amQuote:
Speaking of entropy, I went to a lecture the other day where they explained something about the entropy of black holes. It has been calculated that on the surface of black holes there is an information density of 4 bits per planck area, that's 10^70 bits per square meter. Pretty crazy stuff.
Edited by Tilpo - 2/22/13 at 2:17am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Laptop or Desktop? 29 seconds ago
- › Do I need a DAC? 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Soundcard without background noise - (Does a higher signal to noise... 3 minutes ago
- › BeyerDynamic owners unite... 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 9 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 9 minutes ago
- › Should I get an eternal DAC/amp for my 5th gen iPod? 10 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 10 minutes ago
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude