Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3942
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No more quotes, need to focus so just lurking on phone.
@minimal - was sarcasm. Can't stand solid color backgrounds.
@eve - lol why am I on that list? haven't kept up with those new shows since '10. I'm still rewatching old stuff as we speak.
Should probably put kalbee and 0o0o0o on the list, they really know their stuff.
The fact that you know old shows....definitely makes you the sempai.
Be nice to your Kouhai(s)~
LOL. I'll probably try to give it a read...
Huh... Koreans must have it tough out there
LOL. Just use the default wallpaper then
Which reminds me. I skipped reading GGO. Lost my interest already
Wow real hard to type on the desktop site with an iPod, don't know how I managed without mobile (but it can't multi-quote so)
Nah, failing Chem already. All my labs are total fails. Need to study for this.
Coldpla- I am disappoint.
Saturday's always best since my work shift's Sunday afternoon and Saturday's my only "no study, no work" day. We could meet in Van if you wanted, but still a drive away from Portland, and I have to be there by evening (8-9) because I promised. A local library should be fine, it's not NYC or anything.
Of course we'd get mad. How dare you criticize our wifey relations.
I should, but didn't I mention how I made one in Gr 9 for a history project (founding father's facebook page) and then got viagra spam a day later? Never again...
Though if you really want I could make one. None of my friends use it (we all use QQ or just text) so I'd just end up adding head-fiers.
If you have QQ, that's a way. Had skype but took it off for weird reasons (decided I didn't want lib32 libraries on my install anymore
). Google talk?
Alright, Welp if 2 of you are in Portland, and it's 2 vs 1, I'll just drive to Portland. Saturday it is then.
Lol, you should make a facebrick!
Hmm, I don't use that Asian QQ shiz. Saw it when I hacked into the Japanese google play store, but was of no interest to me
You can add me on gtalk then I guess. Should get phone notifications for that... It's just my username @ gmail.com...
Anyway, I'm off to sleeps. Oyasumi Mina!
Internals of PH should be fine, I don't plan on running PH with that stacked on top very often...
I was born and raised in 'murica and even I had a WTF moment there. XD
I'm too used to international units; mid 100's is ~70˚C, which is kind of warm. My computer typically runs at 50˚C (~100˚F).
It's always pretty easy to convert: (degrees + 40) * (9/5 for C-F, 5/9 for F-C) - 40Math (Click to show)
(150 ˚F + 40) * (5/9) - 40 = [190*5/9] - 40 = [950/9] - 40 ≅  - 40 ≅ 65 ˚C
(50 ˚C + 40) * (9/5) - 40 = [18*9] - 40 = 162 - 40 = 102 ˚F
Edited by miceblue - 2/22/13 at 1:00am
Gah enthalpy, Gibb's free energy, entropy.
Entropy is always increasing! Oh, and when you die you're in thermal equilibrium. :p
Using a torsion balance with lead balls. The gravitational attraction between the balls is something in the range of 10^-12 N, but measurable because of the crazy sensitivity of the device.
Attached to the torsion balance is a mirror which reflects a laser on a photodetector that outputs a voltage proportional to the distance to the center of the point the laser is hitting. This way you can accurately measure angles of a fraction of a degree.
You keep measuring a small oscillation for about an hour. And then you apply a non-linear fit to the data to extract values for the dampening constant, the period of oscillation, and the equilibrium position. Along with a lot of other measurements of masses and lengths, you then put it in a big scary formula you can easily derive using first year mechanics, and out comes a value for G.
Unfortunately I can't skip it.
I have to hand some stuff in on Tuesday, and I still have got quite a bit to do for calculus. (I have to derive the three dimensional Laplacian in polar coordinates)
Speaking of entropy, I went to a lecture the other day where they explained something about the entropy of black holes. It has been calculated that on the surface of black holes there is an information density of 4 bits per planck area, that's 10^70 bits per square meter. Pretty crazy stuff.
Edited by Tilpo - 2/22/13 at 2:17am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... just now
- › Audio Technica ATH AD2000 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Which Shure in ears? 2 minutes ago
- › LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: June 28th, 2013) 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)