Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3942
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No more quotes, need to focus so just lurking on phone.
@minimal - was sarcasm. Can't stand solid color backgrounds.
@eve - lol why am I on that list? haven't kept up with those new shows since '10. I'm still rewatching old stuff as we speak.
Should probably put kalbee and 0o0o0o on the list, they really know their stuff.
The fact that you know old shows....definitely makes you the sempai.
Be nice to your Kouhai(s)~
LOL. I'll probably try to give it a read...
Huh... Koreans must have it tough out there
LOL. Just use the default wallpaper then
Which reminds me. I skipped reading GGO. Lost my interest already
Wow real hard to type on the desktop site with an iPod, don't know how I managed without mobile (but it can't multi-quote so)
Nah, failing Chem already. All my labs are total fails. Need to study for this.
Coldpla- I am disappoint.
Saturday's always best since my work shift's Sunday afternoon and Saturday's my only "no study, no work" day. We could meet in Van if you wanted, but still a drive away from Portland, and I have to be there by evening (8-9) because I promised. A local library should be fine, it's not NYC or anything.
Of course we'd get mad. How dare you criticize our wifey relations.
I should, but didn't I mention how I made one in Gr 9 for a history project (founding father's facebook page) and then got viagra spam a day later? Never again...
Though if you really want I could make one. None of my friends use it (we all use QQ or just text) so I'd just end up adding head-fiers.
If you have QQ, that's a way. Had skype but took it off for weird reasons (decided I didn't want lib32 libraries on my install anymore
). Google talk?
Alright, Welp if 2 of you are in Portland, and it's 2 vs 1, I'll just drive to Portland. Saturday it is then.
Lol, you should make a facebrick!
Hmm, I don't use that Asian QQ shiz. Saw it when I hacked into the Japanese google play store, but was of no interest to me
You can add me on gtalk then I guess. Should get phone notifications for that... It's just my username @ gmail.com...
Anyway, I'm off to sleeps. Oyasumi Mina!
Internals of PH should be fine, I don't plan on running PH with that stacked on top very often...
I was born and raised in 'murica and even I had a WTF moment there. XD
I'm too used to international units; mid 100's is ~70˚C, which is kind of warm. My computer typically runs at 50˚C (~100˚F).
It's always pretty easy to convert: (degrees + 40) * (9/5 for C-F, 5/9 for F-C) - 40Math (Click to show)
(150 ˚F + 40) * (5/9) - 40 = [190*5/9] - 40 = [950/9] - 40 ≅  - 40 ≅ 65 ˚C
(50 ˚C + 40) * (9/5) - 40 = [18*9] - 40 = 162 - 40 = 102 ˚F
Edited by miceblue - 2/22/13 at 1:00am
Gah enthalpy, Gibb's free energy, entropy.
Entropy is always increasing! Oh, and when you die you're in thermal equilibrium. :p
Using a torsion balance with lead balls. The gravitational attraction between the balls is something in the range of 10^-12 N, but measurable because of the crazy sensitivity of the device.
Attached to the torsion balance is a mirror which reflects a laser on a photodetector that outputs a voltage proportional to the distance to the center of the point the laser is hitting. This way you can accurately measure angles of a fraction of a degree.
You keep measuring a small oscillation for about an hour. And then you apply a non-linear fit to the data to extract values for the dampening constant, the period of oscillation, and the equilibrium position. Along with a lot of other measurements of masses and lengths, you then put it in a big scary formula you can easily derive using first year mechanics, and out comes a value for G.
Unfortunately I can't skip it.
I have to hand some stuff in on Tuesday, and I still have got quite a bit to do for calculus. (I have to derive the three dimensional Laplacian in polar coordinates)
Speaking of entropy, I went to a lecture the other day where they explained something about the entropy of black holes. It has been calculated that on the surface of black holes there is an information density of 4 bits per planck area, that's 10^70 bits per square meter. Pretty crazy stuff.
Edited by Tilpo - 2/22/13 at 2:17am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 35 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 58 seconds ago
- › USB DAC Troubles in Windows 8 and 8.1, Solution Inside 1 minute ago
- › DIY OTG Micro USB B cable to USB B Tutorial 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 5 minutes ago
- › High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)