Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3877

post #58141 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Ah, the universal gravitational constant. Having a unitless constant means nothing though. wink.gif

You know physicists only pretend to care about that. Besides, why would I put in units in a Mathematica document that is just for me and my partner to look at anyway? That's like 30-40 characters of code more that could be avoided.

Ah, Mathematica. UW students get it for free as part of the "academic software services", and I have it downloaded, but I never really got the chance to learn how to use it.

MATLAB, LabVIEW, Java, Arduino, LaTeX, Python, Mathematica....so many programming languages to learn. That and I still want to learn basic Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese eventually. >.>

post #58142 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Ah, Mathematica. UW students get it for free as part of the "academic software services", and I have it downloaded, but I never really got the chance to learn how to use it.
MATLAB, LabVIEW, Java, Arduino, LaTeX, Python, Mathematica....so many programming languages to learn. That and I still want to learn basic Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese eventually. >.>

What is UW, and what are you studying?

Depending on your answers I may get very disappointed at you for not knowing LaTeX
post #58143 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Ah, Mathematica. UW students get it for free as part of the "academic software services", and I have it downloaded, but I never really got the chance to learn how to use it.

MATLAB, LabVIEW, Java, Arduino, LaTeX, Python, Mathematica....so many programming languages to learn. That and I still want to learn basic Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese eventually. >.>

By the time you know matlab and LaTeX, you don't need mathmatica. LabView is quite fun though. I liked labview.

post #58144 of 135341

Got into Virginia Tech :)

post #58145 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

By the time you know matlab and LaTeX, you don't need mathmatica. LabView is quite fun though. I liked labview.

And by the time you know Mathematica and LaTeX you don't need matlab. Of course that's not completely true, but my point is that for all purposes I'm going to use mathematica for it works perfectly well, in fact, it works in a very efficient and user friendly manner.

If you're processing large data sets with statistics, then Mathematica is pretty much ideal.
Edited by Tilpo - 2/19/13 at 1:26pm
post #58146 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Got into Virginia Tech smily_headphones1.gif

Congrats.

Was that your fist choice?
post #58147 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Congrats.

Was that your fist choice?

I don't really have one right now, it all depends on what schools want me first before I decide. 

 

 

Georgia Tech is nice but very far and expensive. It is 1,670km away from my home with no family nearby. And it costs 36,000 Euro per year in total.

post #58148 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I don't really have one right now, it all depends on what schools want me first before I decide. 


Georgia Tech is nice but very far and expensive. It is 1,670km away from my home with no family nearby. And it costs 36,000 Euro per year in total.

LOL, euros.
You don't have to convert the amount into euros.

But yeah, that's pretty expensive. Tuition fees at my uni are €1750 / year.
post #58149 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


LOL, euros.
You don't have to convert the amount into euros.

But yeah, that's pretty expensive. Tuition fees at my uni are €1750 / year.

I converted everything to European standard so you would be able to personally tell easier :)

 

Yeah....its crazy over here. And these are STATE universities too :(

post #58150 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Ah, Mathematica. UW students get it for free as part of the "academic software services", and I have it downloaded, but I never really got the chance to learn how to use it.
MATLAB, LabVIEW, Java, Arduino, LaTeX, Python, Mathematica....so many programming languages to learn. That and I still want to learn basic Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese eventually. >.>

What is UW, and what are you studying?

Depending on your answers I may get very disappointed at you for not knowing LaTeX

University of Washington

Bioengineering

 

We use MATLAB almost exclusively for most programming applications, Java is considered engineering credit, Mathematica can be useful but oftentimes MATLAB is recommended, LaTeX is very rarely found here from what I know about other engineering departments (it's mostly known amongst professors for their textbook writing), LabVIEW was briefly taught for live data collection.

post #58151 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

University of Washington

Bioengineering

 

We use MATLAB almost exclusively for most programming applications, Java is considered engineering credit, Mathematica can be useful but oftentimes MATLAB is recommended, LaTeX is very rarely found here from what I know about other engineering departments (it's mostly known amongst professors for their textbook writing), LabVIEW was briefly taught for live data collection.

The one in Seattle? Main one?

post #58152 of 135341

NOO!

 

My unit is still stuck in Customs at NEW YORK

post #58153 of 135341
Panda or anybody in the US, where/how can I scout out universities to continue my studies there?
post #58154 of 135341
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

University of Washington

Bioengineering

 

We use MATLAB almost exclusively for most programming applications, Java is considered engineering credit, Mathematica can be useful but oftentimes MATLAB is recommended, LaTeX is very rarely found here from what I know about other engineering departments (it's mostly known amongst professors for their textbook writing), LabVIEW was briefly taught for live data collection.

The one in Seattle? Main one?

Yeah that's the one. UW Seattle is one of the top schools for bioengineering. I applied to California Polytechnic Institute but I like the weather in Seattle. :p

John Hopkins was also in my list but it's too far away from home.

post #58155 of 135341

Orchestra- where one is slave to the rest of the orchestra. Thus there being soloist doing w/e the hell they want.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge