Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3858

post #57856 of 126808
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Hmm that's odd. Usually amazon prices are better or at least match street prices. I don't even know where to shop for fountain pens offline though.

 

Hmm, you might be looking at one with a gold nib or some special body colour/material, that's probably why it's priced higher than my basic one.

post #57857 of 126808
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

Hmm, you might be looking at one with a gold nib or some special body colour/material, that's probably why it's priced higher than my basic one.

 

Oh. Your basic one is like $50 in the US atleast LOL.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Lamy-Black-Fine-Point-Fountain/dp/B001HT8500/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361206642&sr=8-1&keywords=lamy+cp1

 

The medium nib one is actually cheaper. Hmm, how big is the difference between fine and medium? If I like the feel and use of fountain pens I may look into getting one of these eventually.


Edited by 28980 - 2/18/13 at 9:01am
post #57858 of 126808
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

Oh. Your basic one is like $50 in the US atleast LOL.

 

Yeah, we get shafted here in Australia. tongue.gif

 

Medium looks better for writing IMO, but I prefer Fine because of the shorter drying times.

post #57859 of 126808
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

Yeah, we get shafted here in Australia. tongue.gif

 

Medium looks better for writing IMO, but I prefer Fine because of the shorter drying times.

 

Hmm, I think I'll pick up a cheap (sub $20) fine and try it out for myself before buying the CP1. I'm going to give mediamonkey a try. Its so easy to get the premium versions for these kinds of programs with a youtube key...

post #57860 of 126808

200 pages?

 

 

 

SKIP

post #57861 of 126808
missed 8 pages, did I miss anything?
post #57862 of 126808

They were talking about pens I think.

 

I use Pilot Hi-Tec-C 0.4 point on writing and usual MONO rubbers and Uni Kuru Toga pencils.

 

post #57863 of 126808
I use yellow pencils with pink erasers, and a G2 pen... rolleyes.gif
post #57864 of 126808
Looks like unfinished Resident Evil 1.5 (modders are still working on making it playable) got out lately. There was a leak from the modders and someone tried to sell it, so they released it in the current state but are still working.
post #57865 of 126808
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Sorry, I really don't mean to sound bitchy this morning. Just imagine I'm laughing the whole time I'm saying all that above. 

Actually don't... that would be kind of psychotic.

The T50RPs don't need much power. There's sort of this myth that orthos require a ton of juice, but that's only a few specific orthos. I don't have much experience with cheap DIY tube builds, mostly DIY solid state (the O2 is a fine choice for them). Not sure if the Bottlehead stuff is considered cheap, but there's that? Some Cavalli and Pete Millett stuff is worth looking into too.
Yeah, I've come to realize that the myth of headphones in general needing a lot more power than what the manufacturer recommends is BS. And these T50RPs are supposed to be about as hard to drive as the LCD2s.
Hmm, if that's the case I'll probably stick with my O2 then. The crack has something like 40 ohms of output impedance, otherwise I'd get that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Ahh dammit I just remembered that mechy just went to bed. :\

Was about to ask him to include the pictures of completed P-H in all of it's complete glory in his post linked in his sig. (3x "in"s ftw)

Also for ****s and giggles, one of us P-H owners in USA should contact Tyll and have it measured and compared to the Obj2. I mean the thing isn't that hard to make in terms of components from what I can read, so anyone can do it if they wanted to.
Wait, what do you want me to do? Include some of Boris' pics in my post about PH where I edited Bowei's post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

I suggest you don't, the DAC module is horrible.
The DAC is that bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Oh cool. I just found an engraving shop that's pretty close to my house. Now I wonder what's his price...
Haha, I stil need to get ahold of one of my relatives that's in the silk screening business to see if he knows anyone who could engrave/silkscreen my unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


LOL.

This. but what I do mind is pseudo-science.
(Then again.... a good chunk of the people in the world is into religion.......)
Religion isn't really pseudo-science, more of an absence of science...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

Objectivism vs Subjectivism, a never ending war between two different ideology. There are no winner or loser here, just a lot of time wasted. frown.gif


Anyway, just bought myself an overkill kind of USB drive.
Corsair Survivor Stealth 32GB 3.0 USB Drive. Oh yeah.






This will replace my Lacie Xtreme Key which is actually more extreme than the Survivor (it's heavier, it's actually made from a blend of copper and aluminium, it's sturdier and the shell is a lot thicker). The problem with the Lacie Xtreme key is that it has 2 critical flaws. First of all, like the Corsair, it has a similar design but it's much heavier on the end of the USB drive which when plugged in puts a lot of stress on the USB connector, eventually it will develop a fault which did happen to mine. The second flaw is that if a dent ever shows up where the shell screws on with the flash drive, it's pretty much over because you will never be able to open it again.
The Corsair though is as strong as the Lacie but being lighter and overall... sexier, it's just a win flash drive.
Nice! I've been using that drive since November of 2012. Haven't tried running it over with a car yet, but it's held up well. How fast are transfers on yours?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

Morning all.

Feels great to be able to listen to the O2's again, so easy to listen to, they're the steak sandwich of headphones.

Gonna catch up on Top Gear, yay.
Yay, I'm not the only one to watch it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

Top Gear Season 19 did start a bit disappointingly. Episode 1 was ok-ish that made it acceptable to watch because of TG withdrawal but if I watched it again, the P45 segment did seem a bit cringeworthy. Episode 2 had brilliant cars and a great road trip but it really lacks that Top Gear magic and sparkle, it was a bit dull. Episode 3 was just excellent and Episode 4 is as well, excellent. Car Rugby should be an international sport! biggrin.gif
I thought all the new episodes were pretty good. Looks like they're going balls to the wall this season with all the awesome trips across the world they're doing!
post #57866 of 126808
post #57867 of 126808
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Wait, what do you want me to do? Include some of Boris' pics in my post about PH where I edited Bowei's post?

Yes.
post #57868 of 126808
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

Objectivism vs Subjectivism, a never ending war between two different ideology. There are no winner or loser here, just a lot of time wasted. frown.gif

 

Anyway, just bought myself an overkill kind of USB drive.

Corsair Survivor Stealth 32GB 3.0 USB Drive. Oh yeah.

 

 

 

This will replace my Lacie Xtreme Key which is actually more extreme than the Survivor (it's heavier, it's actually made from a blend of copper and aluminium, it's sturdier and the shell is a lot thicker). The problem with the Lacie Xtreme key is that it has 2 critical flaws. First of all, like the Corsair, it has a similar design but it's much heavier on the end of the USB drive which when plugged in puts a lot of stress on the USB connector, eventually it will develop a fault which did happen to mine. The second flaw is that if a dent ever shows up where the shell screws on with the flash drive, it's pretty much over because you will never be able to open it again.

The Corsair though is as strong as the Lacie but being lighter and overall... sexier, it's just a win flash drive.

I don't even have a USB key anymore. Cloud storage ftw. If I need to transfer files between my own PCs I use wireless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

Hmm that's odd. Usually amazon prices are better or at least match street prices. I don't even know where to shop for fountain pens offline though.

I'm quite lucky, I have a very nice pen store not far from where I live (when not at uni).

post #57869 of 126808
I might add that $15 pen to my amazon order... How different is it from a regular pen?
post #57870 of 126808
It's the same one that numbers got...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge