Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3625

post #54361 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post
Yep, connectors are expensive, this is a fact. Could be worse if you got all of them gold plated.

Well, the most stupid thing may still be RCA. It's just such a crappy connection, yet it's still the industry standard for all consumer audio.

Rhodium plated and carbon fibre shelled, even if it's just looks.  Mmmmmmm....

Expensive though. A pair of male or female XLRs in Rhodium/Carbon fibre runs to £16. Damn but they look fine...

 

I don't see what's so bad about RCA. XLR is an improvement, but not really a justifiable one until you get to a full balanced setup.

post #54362 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I remember we did that in our class too....we were so scared of failing

Are you sure?

It requires a setup with a lot of differential equations before you understand what to do, you need to measure 4 different masses and 3 different lengths to high precision, as well as the torsion constant of the torsion spring used. Furthermore, one measurement takes over half an hour, and even talking in the same room will be enough to give a false measurement. You'd need a lot of hours of measuring to get good data, and once you do, it will take a lot of data processing to get the uncertainties out.
Not exactly high school material, if you ask me.

If you meant you measured the gravitational acceleration, then I believe you. That's done very often at high school.
post #54363 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Rhodium plated and carbon fibre shelled, even if it's just looks.  Mmmmmmm....


Expensive though. A pair of male or female XLRs in Rhodium/Carbon fibre runs to £16. Damn but they look fine...

I don't see what's so bad about RCA. XLR is an improvement, but not really a justifiable one until you get to a full balanced setup.

RCA doesn't connect the ground and channel at the same time, and it wears quickly. People should use BNC connectors for two channel interfaces.
post #54364 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Are you sure?

It requires a setup with a lot of differential equations before you understand what to do, you need to measure 4 different masses and 3 different lengths to high precision, as well as the torsion constant of the torsion spring used. Furthermore, one measurement takes over half an hour, and even talking in the same room will be enough to give a false measurement. You'd need a lot of hours of measuring to get good data, and once you do, it will take a lot of data processing to get the uncertainties out.
Not exactly high school material, if you ask me.

If you meant you measured the gravitational acceleration, then I believe you. That's done very often at high school.

No, we didn't do anything that specific. We used torque force and balances for a project though. None of us knew what the hell we were doing though.

post #54365 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


RCA doesn't connect the ground and channel at the same time, and it wears quickly. People should use BNC connectors for two channel interfaces.

I don't think most people change RCA cables very often. BNC is rare because it's more expensive to make, which is a shame. I'm a fan of the old DIN connectors which carried everything in one cable.

post #54366 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

No, we didn't do anything that specific. We used torque force and balances for a project though. None of us knew what the hell we were doing though.

Lol, that's completely different.

A torque is not that complicated. It's behavior is almost like any harmonic oscillator, except that instead of force being proportional to extension, torque is proportional to angular extension. In both cases it's behavior can be modeled by solving a third-order homogeneous differential equation.
post #54367 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Lol, that's completely different.

A torque is not that complicated. It's behavior is almost like any harmonic oscillator, except that instead of force being proportional to extension, torque is proportional to angular extension. In both cases it's behavior can be modeled by solving a third-order homogeneous differential equation.

And that is why I didn't take college Psychics this year.

 

 

I just couldn't take the class anymore

post #54368 of 130117

So... 

 

Here I am again. 

 

Indecisive about what art I want on my CIEMs. I decided today I don't want anime ones because they wouldn't be timeless.

 

2 new options I came up with..:

 

 

 

This one with trans white faceplate, + trans amber shell.

 

 

 

This one with trans. white faceplate and trans red (or red wine) shell.

post #54369 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

So... 

 

Here I am again. 

 

Indecisive about what art I want on my CIEMs. I decided today I don't want anime ones because they wouldn't be timeless.

 

2 new options I came up with..:

 

 

 

This one with trans white faceplate, + trans amber shell.

 

 

 

This one with trans. white faceplate and trans red (or red wine) shell.

the face of the top one looks weird.

post #54370 of 130117

I mean, its kind of abstract art. So does that mean you prefer #2?

post #54371 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

I mean, its kind of abstract art. So does that mean you prefer #2?

more than the first then..yeah.

post #54372 of 130117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


That came out wrong lol

epic fail... and you caught me -_-

post #54373 of 130117

looks like no line in to the cd player :p but then again, I guess not many of them have line-in's b/c it'd be useless. It's already got a DAC though idk what kind... and I'll take a pic and post later :p

post #54374 of 130117

DATE A LIVE CHAPTER 6 OMFOJGEWOIGJEOIFEG

post #54375 of 130117

when I post, I quadruple post. That, is how you become a HS my fellow head-fiers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge