- 4,362 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3613
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to the club! I have a migraine too from listening to the wooduos...
Eh? But he's pretty cute. as long as you don't develop an attachment to the main characters
yeah that is always the problem. Company ones being better for price generally. You can flash them, and basically have full control anyway. We can try but having 5+ internal omni directional attenna's (good ones) for the same price of building one isn't really financially sane.
stuff like that is mainly better for research and project. Which is what it generally is. Unless you are a hipster.
sorry no. 0o0o0o should know more
Bdawk has one.
SPDIF has problems
I ordered the Hisound Popular from their UK distributor, as they were on sale for $16 from $80. They were broken, and Hisound said I could either ship them back to China with tracking and insurance, or they could send me their new wooduos for about $35 more, even though they "retail" for $130.
Ah. I never really liked Hisound. not even their daps. Hated their Rocoo P (hissed even with full sized) and had problems with loading music (although that might be a personal issue). So I'm not surprised if their IEMs aren't pleasant either.
I don't dare turn my speakers up to max, even 35% is 85dB in the sweet spot.
Not sure if serious....
Basically an RCA that carries stereo audio or a optical toslink.
Same! My dad bought 5 pairs of the same trainers once.
Nice! looks delicious
Yeah, I could see why. I guess they're one of the "misses" with "hit and miss" Chinese audio companies...
That is actually a bit incorrect.
S/PDIF is a format of audio transmission.
Sony Phillips Digital interconnect format
The two most commonly if not the only kinds used are
Digital Coaxil and Optical Toslink
Both transmit digital data. Not analog. Coaxil can transmit analog but in the case of it being a standard of S/PDIF. The digital coaxil format won't.
The formats use PCM. Pulse Code Modification to transmit their digital data. For us audiophiles. Stereo LPCM is what is generally used. But for home theatre fanatics. 5.1 and above multi speaker PCM standards are also transmited. The cables do not differentiate between these standards. They can carry any of the forms. But the signal that is sent from one side must be able to be deciphered on the other. It wouldn't work(correctly) if your movie or DVD player was sending 5.1 PCM data to a FiiO E17 which is only capable of stereo.
I was just surpised you didn't know. It is literally one of the most common used types of inputs here. It's very often talked about.
my video on it.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 31 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2