- 4,444 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3613
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to the club! I have a migraine too from listening to the wooduos...
Eh? But he's pretty cute. as long as you don't develop an attachment to the main characters
yeah that is always the problem. Company ones being better for price generally. You can flash them, and basically have full control anyway. We can try but having 5+ internal omni directional attenna's (good ones) for the same price of building one isn't really financially sane.
stuff like that is mainly better for research and project. Which is what it generally is. Unless you are a hipster.
sorry no. 0o0o0o should know more
Bdawk has one.
SPDIF has problems
I ordered the Hisound Popular from their UK distributor, as they were on sale for $16 from $80. They were broken, and Hisound said I could either ship them back to China with tracking and insurance, or they could send me their new wooduos for about $35 more, even though they "retail" for $130.
Ah. I never really liked Hisound. not even their daps. Hated their Rocoo P (hissed even with full sized) and had problems with loading music (although that might be a personal issue). So I'm not surprised if their IEMs aren't pleasant either.
So this is where asian parents buy alot of the same stuff just because it's on sale? Either way, I know mine do.
I don't dare turn my speakers up to max, even 35% is 85dB in the sweet spot.
Not sure if serious....
Basically an RCA that carries stereo audio or a optical toslink.
Same! My dad bought 5 pairs of the same trainers once.
Nice! looks delicious
Yeah, I could see why. I guess they're one of the "misses" with "hit and miss" Chinese audio companies...
That is actually a bit incorrect.
S/PDIF is a format of audio transmission.
Sony Phillips Digital interconnect format
The two most commonly if not the only kinds used are
Digital Coaxil and Optical Toslink
Both transmit digital data. Not analog. Coaxil can transmit analog but in the case of it being a standard of S/PDIF. The digital coaxil format won't.
The formats use PCM. Pulse Code Modification to transmit their digital data. For us audiophiles. Stereo LPCM is what is generally used. But for home theatre fanatics. 5.1 and above multi speaker PCM standards are also transmited. The cables do not differentiate between these standards. They can carry any of the forms. But the signal that is sent from one side must be able to be deciphered on the other. It wouldn't work(correctly) if your movie or DVD player was sending 5.1 PCM data to a FiiO E17 which is only capable of stereo.
I was just surpised you didn't know. It is literally one of the most common used types of inputs here. It's very often talked about.
my video on it.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Boston Meet? 6 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 21 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Rev 2 Bamboo / Lambskin 2 minutes ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2