- 4,455 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3613
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to the club! I have a migraine too from listening to the wooduos...
Eh? But he's pretty cute. as long as you don't develop an attachment to the main characters
yeah that is always the problem. Company ones being better for price generally. You can flash them, and basically have full control anyway. We can try but having 5+ internal omni directional attenna's (good ones) for the same price of building one isn't really financially sane.
stuff like that is mainly better for research and project. Which is what it generally is. Unless you are a hipster.
sorry no. 0o0o0o should know more
Bdawk has one.
SPDIF has problems
I ordered the Hisound Popular from their UK distributor, as they were on sale for $16 from $80. They were broken, and Hisound said I could either ship them back to China with tracking and insurance, or they could send me their new wooduos for about $35 more, even though they "retail" for $130.
Ah. I never really liked Hisound. not even their daps. Hated their Rocoo P (hissed even with full sized) and had problems with loading music (although that might be a personal issue). So I'm not surprised if their IEMs aren't pleasant either.
So this is where asian parents buy alot of the same stuff just because it's on sale? Either way, I know mine do.
I don't dare turn my speakers up to max, even 35% is 85dB in the sweet spot.
Not sure if serious....
Basically an RCA that carries stereo audio or a optical toslink.
Same! My dad bought 5 pairs of the same trainers once.
Nice! looks delicious
Yeah, I could see why. I guess they're one of the "misses" with "hit and miss" Chinese audio companies...
That is actually a bit incorrect.
S/PDIF is a format of audio transmission.
Sony Phillips Digital interconnect format
The two most commonly if not the only kinds used are
Digital Coaxil and Optical Toslink
Both transmit digital data. Not analog. Coaxil can transmit analog but in the case of it being a standard of S/PDIF. The digital coaxil format won't.
The formats use PCM. Pulse Code Modification to transmit their digital data. For us audiophiles. Stereo LPCM is what is generally used. But for home theatre fanatics. 5.1 and above multi speaker PCM standards are also transmited. The cables do not differentiate between these standards. They can carry any of the forms. But the signal that is sent from one side must be able to be deciphered on the other. It wouldn't work(correctly) if your movie or DVD player was sending 5.1 PCM data to a FiiO E17 which is only capable of stereo.
I was just surpised you didn't know. It is literally one of the most common used types of inputs here. It's very often talked about.
my video on it.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 42 seconds ago
- › CEntrance M8 57 seconds ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › New ALO Rx - IEM only - Portable Amplifier Impressions and... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Audio SR71-B black + accesores 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 3 minutes ago
- › Okay, tired of making threads, let's end this already. Fight for... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2