- 4,432 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3613
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Welcome to the club! I have a migraine too from listening to the wooduos...
Eh? But he's pretty cute. as long as you don't develop an attachment to the main characters
yeah that is always the problem. Company ones being better for price generally. You can flash them, and basically have full control anyway. We can try but having 5+ internal omni directional attenna's (good ones) for the same price of building one isn't really financially sane.
stuff like that is mainly better for research and project. Which is what it generally is. Unless you are a hipster.
sorry no. 0o0o0o should know more
Bdawk has one.
SPDIF has problems
I ordered the Hisound Popular from their UK distributor, as they were on sale for $16 from $80. They were broken, and Hisound said I could either ship them back to China with tracking and insurance, or they could send me their new wooduos for about $35 more, even though they "retail" for $130.
Ah. I never really liked Hisound. not even their daps. Hated their Rocoo P (hissed even with full sized) and had problems with loading music (although that might be a personal issue). So I'm not surprised if their IEMs aren't pleasant either.
So this is where asian parents buy alot of the same stuff just because it's on sale? Either way, I know mine do.
I don't dare turn my speakers up to max, even 35% is 85dB in the sweet spot.
Not sure if serious....
Basically an RCA that carries stereo audio or a optical toslink.
Same! My dad bought 5 pairs of the same trainers once.
Nice! looks delicious
Yeah, I could see why. I guess they're one of the "misses" with "hit and miss" Chinese audio companies...
That is actually a bit incorrect.
S/PDIF is a format of audio transmission.
Sony Phillips Digital interconnect format
The two most commonly if not the only kinds used are
Digital Coaxil and Optical Toslink
Both transmit digital data. Not analog. Coaxil can transmit analog but in the case of it being a standard of S/PDIF. The digital coaxil format won't.
The formats use PCM. Pulse Code Modification to transmit their digital data. For us audiophiles. Stereo LPCM is what is generally used. But for home theatre fanatics. 5.1 and above multi speaker PCM standards are also transmited. The cables do not differentiate between these standards. They can carry any of the forms. But the signal that is sent from one side must be able to be deciphered on the other. It wouldn't work(correctly) if your movie or DVD player was sending 5.1 PCM data to a FiiO E17 which is only capable of stereo.
I was just surpised you didn't know. It is literally one of the most common used types of inputs here. It's very often talked about.
my video on it.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Goth/Symphonic metal listener searching for good affordable headphones 29 seconds ago
- › Different impedance. Benefits? 33 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE 80 Bassy..?? 1 minute ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 -- One of the pleasant surprises of CanJam 3 minutes ago
- › Mr Speakers Ether 3 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 4 minutes ago
- › Tube amp for metal? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 uber vs Vali for Sennheiser HD700 8 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3