well done borisu :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3575post #53611 of 968192/2/13 at 9:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #53612 of 968192/2/13 at 10:09am
What are you going to use for a case?Quote:Heh, good thing I'm getting the first unitpost #53613 of 968192/2/13 at 10:15ampost #53614 of 968192/2/13 at 10:16ampost #53615 of 968192/2/13 at 10:34am
@Borisu: why does the B22 need a preamp again?post #53616 of 968192/2/13 at 10:38amQuote:
yeah man :D
so that it can amp the signal silly~post #53617 of 968192/2/13 at 10:40ampost #53618 of 968192/2/13 at 10:41amQuote:
Enables both SE and Balanced input modes.
Enables the use of 1x overall gain.
Allows constant input impedance.post #53619 of 968192/2/13 at 10:42am
You're a madman I say!
The preamp actually has a gain of 0.5x (-6dB) so... no.
Edited by b1o2r3i4s5 - 2/2/13 at 10:43ampost #53620 of 968192/2/13 at 10:46ampost #53621 of 968192/2/13 at 10:46am
Work it kitsune-kun.
Wouldn't it be more efficient to set gain at the preamp stage and use 8x on all the B22s? Or will that negatively affect performance.Quote:
*badum tss*post #53622 of 968192/2/13 at 10:47amQuote:Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5
PCB? nah, screw that. I'm going pref-board! (the min-order for PCBs is 10!)
The relays will be controlled by an ATTINY26 MCU via 2N7000 MOSFETs,
Volume control signal is controlled by a linear pot which feed a DC voltage to the ATTINY26's on-chip ADC.
The ATTINY 26 will also control power going to the sigma22 (supplying 4 beta22s and a preamp) and the output muting relay which stops any on/off clicks and pops being audible.
this made me laugh so hard my CIEMs popped out..
Haha. I kind of want to try that, laughing so hard that CIEMs can pop out
Man you guys are good! I'll probably take the first pic, and erase some lines to make it less crowded/little cleaner. And then I'll stop worrying about P-H designspost #53623 of 968192/2/13 at 10:50am
Would you be able to ship two P-H's out before finishing up the B22? I would like some members to at least get them before a new adventure starts.
Thanks for the invite!!
Animebytes here I come!post #53624 of 968192/2/13 at 10:53am
hmmm... wait the costs of all the parts would be around 1-200 excluding chassis >:0 must go into DIY
Edit: hm. . . it would seem that there are a lot of chibi tsundere heroines
Edited by MrViolin - 2/2/13 at 10:58ampost #53625 of 968192/2/13 at 11:00amQuote:
LOL is that my "official" nickname now?
The preamp stage would clip if I do that.
and it wouldn't make it more simple....
infact it will cause either input impedance problems or make the gain very high when switching levels.
lol thats called a stepped volume control. (a crappy one )Quote:
what do you mean? I'm working on 3 projects in parallel!
(used to be 4... until I got too lazy to design a high voltage amp for my ionophones...)Quote:
By that, I mean the seal is broken, they don't actually fall out
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Beats User wants to upgrade to Best quality possible for $400 or... 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The $999 vs $99 Challenge Tour! 4 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude