well done borisu :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3574
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What are you going to use for a case?
@Borisu: why does the B22 need a preamp again?
yeah man :D
so that it can amp the signal silly~
Enables both SE and Balanced input modes.
Enables the use of 1x overall gain.
Allows constant input impedance.
You're a madman I say!
The preamp actually has a gain of 0.5x (-6dB) so... no.
Edited by akiroz - 2/2/13 at 10:43am
Work it kitsune-kun.
Wouldn't it be more efficient to set gain at the preamp stage and use 8x on all the B22s? Or will that negatively affect performance.
PCB? nah, screw that. I'm going pref-board! (the min-order for PCBs is 10!)
The relays will be controlled by an ATTINY26 MCU via 2N7000 MOSFETs,
Volume control signal is controlled by a linear pot which feed a DC voltage to the ATTINY26's on-chip ADC.
The ATTINY 26 will also control power going to the sigma22 (supplying 4 beta22s and a preamp) and the output muting relay which stops any on/off clicks and pops being audible.
this made me laugh so hard my CIEMs popped out..
Haha. I kind of want to try that, laughing so hard that CIEMs can pop out
Man you guys are good! I'll probably take the first pic, and erase some lines to make it less crowded/little cleaner. And then I'll stop worrying about P-H designs
Would you be able to ship two P-H's out before finishing up the B22? I would like some members to at least get them before a new adventure starts.
Thanks for the invite!!
Animebytes here I come!
hmmm... wait the costs of all the parts would be around 1-200 excluding chassis >:0 must go into DIY
Edit: hm. . . it would seem that there are a lot of chibi tsundere heroines
Edited by MrViolin - 2/2/13 at 10:58am
LOL is that my "official" nickname now?
The preamp stage would clip if I do that.
and it wouldn't make it more simple....
infact it will cause either input impedance problems or make the gain very high when switching levels.
lol thats called a stepped volume control. (a crappy one )
what do you mean? I'm working on 3 projects in parallel!
(used to be 4... until I got too lazy to design a high voltage amp for my ionophones...)
By that, I mean the seal is broken, they don't actually fall out
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 5 seconds ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 1 minute ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi "Made for Apple" Portable DAC/amp... 3 minutes ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 6 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2