Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3568

post #53506 of 125430

I know Mech would know this....

 

Just sharing some gems I found on konachan.com when perusing for something P-H worthy.

post #53507 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

I call dibs on the first one to the right.

 

Did the thread break?

We break it quite often :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

I know Mech would know this....

 

Just sharing some gems I found on konachan.com when perusing for something P-H worthy.

Her face looks very Saya-y

 


http://www.head-fi.org/t/649200/rha-ma-350-review-and-unboxing

 

Review is up.

 

Over 1.27K words. Phew.

 

I actually spent time on English this time. Hope it is noticeable.

 

There is a bad spin on many audiophile reviewers for being really bad. I try not to be all pro company and etc. I hope that shows through in my reviews.

post #53508 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post



I know Mech would know this....

Just sharing some gems I found on konachan.com when perusing for something P-H worthy.
Oh god, why...
post #53509 of 125430

Playing around with imovie is fun.
post #53510 of 125430

iMovie is indeed fun. I made a fricking awesome movie trailer 2 years ago.

post #53511 of 125430

Aiiiiiii. Reshipping my impressions out tomorrow.

'

Final image: (i think), asking for a mock up to see what it'd look like. $15 is w/e yo.

 

 

post #53512 of 125430
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

There is a bad spin on many audiophile reviewers for being really bad. I try not to be all pro company and etc. I hope that shows through in my reviews.

 

Why didn't you compare it to anything?

 

Also, if you're talking about the highs, you really should be identifying any noticeable treble peaks, giving the location and magnitude of them to the best of your ability. This will instill confidence in the reader, as it'll prove that the reviewer actually knows a thing or two about sound.

 

If I was reading a review, I'd love to see a small summary near the conclusion saying everything negative about the product.

post #53513 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Well if we get shown the process, we may not need to keep asking for help right?

I guess we all like to keep some cards close to our chest to make ourselves look like the pro cool.gif Chase's render of the madoka scene looks just like the stock photoshop find edges filter for example tongue.gif

Basically you resample to 1200dpi using the image->image size options then use image->adjustments->threshold option to convert to hard black and white. But the result may not look good right off the bat. The common improvements are to adjust the threshold level and to run a large radius high amount unsharp mask before the threshold... got it? wink.gif

But don't be afraid to bug me to do it for you, I enjoy playing with images wink.gif
post #53514 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

Why didn't you compare it to anything?

 

Also, if you're talking about the highs, you really should be identifying any noticeable treble peaks, giving the location and magnitude of them to the best of your ability. This will instill confidence in the reader, as it'll prove that the reviewer actually knows a thing or two about sound.

 

If I was reading a review, I'd love to see a small summary near the conclusion saying everything negative about the product.

I noticed a trend.

 

Good IEM reviews are all done without telling the audience what you compare it to and what your test equipment is. At that level, you imply that you are at a point where you can just do the review and tell them to listen. It has worked well on many reviews.

 

There is a barrier point that most IEM's have. The MA-350's have a stopage at that high freq barrier as it tries to pass but can't. The actual problem is with a point below that one where the highs flucuate a bit. This creates a bit of a spike and fatigue.

 

Pro's and Con's section?

 

Yeah, that will add to objectivity then. Ok

post #53515 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Well if we get shown the process, we may not need to keep asking for help right?

 

 

Code Geass Akito PV 2 released gs1000.gif

akito ain't got nothin' on lelouch :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

i like it, don't cook it.

What!??

 

Ignoring!??

 

No.

 

I was out on volutneer today

 

Played Video games

 

Edited videos

 

Editing more videos

 

listening to music for review.

 

I only skimmed posts today.

 

 

-____-

 

Seriously

 

please bring it to my attention if anyone feels that way. 

:D yay panda wasn't angry

post #53516 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


I guess we all like to keep some cards close to our chest to make ourselves look like the pro cool.gif

It's not very hard to give a professinal attitutde.

 

 


@Deadly

Added the pro's and con's section.

post #53517 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

I guess we all like to keep some cards close to our chest to make ourselves look like the pro cool.gif Chase's render of the madoka scene looks just like the stock photoshop find edges filter for example tongue.gif

Basically you resample to 1200dpi using the image->image size options then use image->adjustments->threshold option to convert to hard black and white. But the result may not look good right off the bat. The common improvements are to adjust the threshold level and to run a large radius high amount unsharp mask before the threshold... got it? wink.gif

But don't be afraid to bug me to do it for you, I enjoy playing with images wink.gif

Hmm, guess I know who i can bother when I run into troubles...that and i'm a lazy person tongue.gif

I need to learn more advanced photoshop techniques...when i get the time to
post #53518 of 125430

need to exorcise again rolleyes.gif I didn't gain any wait over the past 8-12 months b/c of muscle to fat conversion. Wooooooooooo~ time to start working out again. 

post #53519 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

We break it quite often :)

Her face looks very Saya-y

 


http://www.head-fi.org/t/649200/rha-ma-350-review-and-unboxing

 

Review is up.

 

Over 1.27K words. Phew.

 

I actually spent time on English this time. Hope it is noticeable.

 

There is a bad spin on many audiophile reviewers for being really bad. I try not to be all pro company and etc. I hope that shows through in my reviews.

Review was pretty informative. Alu shells are indeed very tough. My old Denon C751 and 551 didn't even blink at being run over by a car. A heavy footed family member would do nothing to them. That said the RHA design isn't as robust looking. Might pick one up, they're pretty cheap.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

iMovie is indeed fun. I made a fricking awesome movie trailer 2 years ago.

I hate video editing. 

post #53520 of 125430
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

need to exorcise again rolleyes.gif I didn't gain any wait over the past 8-12 months b/c of muscle to fat conversion. Wooooooooooo~ time to start working out again. 

 

I haven't gained weight in the past 4-5 years.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge