Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3566

post #53476 of 134838
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

It sure does, because I remember I was a dumb-dumb back in primary school, and then I really started to get into computers when I was about 9, and my grades shot up ever since.

This...well, I've always sort of done well, although doing music and figuring stuff out on my own has really begun to show over time. Eventually it makes you a bit precocious. I think I'm a somewhat decent example of that considering what happened earlier in the thread where basically everybody thought I was 20+ years old when I was 12-13 at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

  • Glassy panel
  • ****ty stand
  • Horrible warranty
  • No OSD
  • No Displayport
  • Lower grade backlighting
  • No hardware colour calibration

The thing though is that either people debezel it (basically strip it down to the bare panel and DVI connector and PCB), use the money they save to buy a decent stand, or they just love it due to the fact that it's inexpensive or doesn't have a horribly done AG coating on the surface. Dell had a problem with that with the 2011 Ultrasharp monitors IIRC.

 

I do prefer you more well known monitors over Korean ones though. You can find them for a good price on the Dell Outlet for Ultrasharps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Haha, my uncle eventually showed up with a professional lock picking kit he "borrowed" from the hospital he works at... Just another perk of knowing someone who works at a hospital biggrin.gif

I want to learn how to pick locks. Adafruit does have a wallet kit. The kit itself is basically this metal punch-out card with tools and the card itself is the size of a credit card.

 

Good video on a channel I just discovered today.

 

http://youtu.be/04n6qrBwFBE

post #53477 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Lol, he works as in maintenence, so I guess that's a special case... He always had a funny story to tell if some psycho at least...
Yup, my mom's car does that... I wonder what people do when the battery dies in the key fob and you try to lock your car though...
And they didn't have that feature in 1991 when my car was made biggrin.gif

I don't drive a car. Insurance premiums are huge, cost of fuel(unleaded petrol) is ~£6($9.43) and cars are expensive as well. Cost of a bicycle = £400. Rest of the money saved can go on food, audio gear and other cool schiit(literally, I got an email from my dealer that the magni./modi stack has arrived in the UK).

 

EDIT: "email from my dealer"...sound like I buy drugs doesn't it?

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

The thing though is that either people debezel it (basically strip it down to the bare panel and DVI connector and PCB), use the money they save to buy a decent stand, or they just love it due to the fact that it's inexpensive or doesn't have a horribly done AG coating on the surface. Dell had a problem with that with the 2011 Ultrasharp monitors IIRC.

 

I do prefer you more well known monitors over Korean ones though. You can find them for a good price on the Dell Outlet for Ultrasharps.

 

I know, but I live too far from Korea to deal with any problems if they ever arise. Dell will send out a spare while yours is being serviced. I didn't mind the U2711 AG coating, the U2713H is practically unoticable. I can get either the U2711 or U2713H for under £350 from Dell small business.


Edited by Tangster - 2/1/13 at 5:22pm
post #53478 of 134838
Thread Starter 

The coating on the Ultrasharp monitors are a lot better now. You'll probably notice the difference if the two are placed right next to each other (juxtaposition) but in general use, you won't be able to tell.

post #53479 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


I think that usability/readability is just as important

I completely agree with that, but what you said didn't provide any information at all on how it was hard to read (text size/font/color/alignment) nor any suggestions on how to improve it. -__-

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post


Wow..... chase's work, is always spectacular. ^^

I always aim to please. :)

I am getting a render for the background scribbles, and when it's done I'll fix it up a bit more and post the result.

post #53480 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post

I completely agree with that, but what you said didn't provide any information at all on how it was hard to read (text size/font/color/alignment) nor any suggestions on how to improve it. -__-

 

I always aim to please. :)

I am getting a render for the background scribbles, and when it's done I'll fix it up a bit more and post the result.

Sorry, may I get a link again. I saw it on mobile

 

 

Sorry,

 

Gomenasai!! >_<

post #53481 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Any songs I would recognize off their albums?

I don't know what songs you know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

EXIT TUNES Supernova 8, best EXIT TUNES loli cover.

 

Naisu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I just dont remember most op and ed

You have high standards

WHAT?

 

don't you mean low?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Y-....yo~

yo! wassup?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Skipped most posts.
Had an exam yesterday and I made a painful mistake. I skipped an entire question, meaning I lost a 10% of the marks of the entire test. I think I'll get an 8/10, but otherwise it would have definitely been a 9/10, possibly a 10/10.

It arrived faster than I expected.

The book was not meant as packing material, I just wanted to share a piece of my childhood with you; a gesture transcending even language.

No, I was not kidding. With my equipment I confirmed the impossibility of the act.

How did you skip the question? missed it?

 

It sure did :)

 

Ah.. I see.. too bad I can't read it...

 

Hmm. ok. I used a desoldering pump to do it.

btw, the beta22 PCB was pretty well made, can't believe it took the abuse from my inpatient heatsink removal. tongue.gif

(that is, removing most of the solder then rip it out)

post #53482 of 134838
Thread Starter 

@R;N 15:

 

I don't really know what to say to be honest. This is leaving me a bit confused on where this story is going.

post #53483 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

I don't know what songs you know....

Naisu~

WHAT?

 

don't you mean low?

 

yo! wassup?

 

How did you skip the question? missed it?

 

It sure did :)

 

Ah.. I see.. too bad I can't read it...

 

Hmm. ok. I used a desoldering pump to do it.

btw, the beta22 PCB was pretty well made, can't believe it took the abuse from my inpatient heatsink removal. tongue.gif

(that is, removing most of the solder then rip it out)

Low standards? Nah!!

 

High onesa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

@R;N 15:

 

I don't really know what to say to be honest. This is leaving me a bit confused on where this story is going.

I can't believe people are still watching.

post #53484 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I don't drive a car. Insurance premiums are huge, cost of fuel(unleaded petrol) is ~£6($9.43) and cars are expensive as well. Cost of a bicycle = £400. Rest of the money saved can go on food, audio gear and other cool schiit(literally, I got an email from my dealer that the magni./modi stack has arrived in the UK).

EDIT: "email from my dealer"...sound like I buy drugs doesn't it?



I know, but I live too far from Korea to deal with any problems if they ever arise. Dell will send out a spare while yours is being serviced. I didn't mind the U2711 AG coating, the U2713H is practically unoticable. I can get either the U2711 or U2713H for under £350 from Dell small business.
Owning cars in America is a lot cheaper then... Gas is only ~$3 per gallon, and I personally got my car for free.
Haha, it does make you sound like a druggie...
Wait, I thought the M/M only ran on 120v power? Or do you have a transformer?
@Bowei: have you watched psycho pass 15 yet?
post #53485 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Owning cars in America is a lot cheaper then... Gas is only ~$3 per gallon, and I personally got my car for free.
Haha, it does make you sound like a druggie...
Wait, I thought the M/M only ran on 120v power? Or do you have a transformer?
@Bowei: have you watched psycho pass 15 yet?

Nope,

 

I've been watching Sakamichi all day.

 

How is it?

post #53486 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Owning cars in America is a lot cheaper then... Gas is only ~$3 per gallon, and I personally got my car for free.
Haha, it does make you sound like a druggie...
Wait, I thought the M/M only ran on 120v power? Or do you have a transformer?
@Bowei: have you watched psycho pass 15 yet?

I can get a transformer quite easily. Thinking about getting them just to compare to what I currently have, I expect the resale value will be decent.

 

Also I nearly deafened myself. Plugged my A900X into my amp...left the volume at the 12 o clock position I use for my T50RP. OWWW!!!

post #53487 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Nope,

I've been watching Sakamichi all day.

How is it?
Yes.
Just watch it, it's excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I can get a transformer quite easily. Thinking about getting them just to compare to what I currently have, I expect the resale value will be decent.

Also I nearly deafened myself. Plugged my A900X into my amp...left the volume at the 12 o clock position I use for my T50RP. OWWW!!!
True, since they're not technically available outside the US, resale value should be good indeed.
Haha, there's that much of a power difference between the two?!?!?
post #53488 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Yes.
Just watch it, it's excellent.
True, since they're not technically available outside the US, resale value should be good indeed.
Haha, there's that much of a power difference between the two?!?!?

Fudge. Ok, after this episode of Sakamichi

 

 

I like how Sakamichi ep 6 completetly gave a PG version of the scene of greek mythology they were doing. The truth of the actual scripture was that Apollon was planning to and was about to ravagely rape Daphne. And thus she turned herself into a tree to spare herself from the fate.

 

yeah..pg.

post #53489 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Yes.
Just watch it, it's excellent.
True, since they're not technically available outside the US, resale value should be good indeed.
Haha, there's that much of a power difference between the two?!?!?

Between the stock T50RP and the A900X, probably not. My T50RP has a lot of the BMF mods applied though so the heavier damping has reduced it's sensitivity significantly. The A900X is comfortable for listening at 9. The D5Ks at 10. The modded T50RPs like power more than anything else I currently own.

post #53490 of 134838
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Fudge. Ok, after this episode of Sakamichi


I like how Sakamichi ep 6 completetly gave a PG version of the scene of greek mythology they were doing. The truth of the actual scripture was that Apollon was planning to and was about to ravagely rape Daphne. And thus she turned herself into a tree to spare herself from the fate.

yeah..pg.
Haha, sounds very PG... ph34r.gif
Anyone here have ios jailbreaking experience?
Are there jailbreak apps that can backup and restore my iPad without having it synced to a computer?
I wanna prepare for the potential Sunday iOS 6.1 jailbreak by backing up everything to my desky, since I'm pretty sure I'll have to restore to stock and unjailbreak before updating to 6.1... Right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge