Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3547

post #53191 of 139772

fake panda-sama knows panda?! amazing. 

 

@0o0o0o0o0o0o

Does the USB version have any other differences besides having a built-in DAC? If that's the case I'll probably get a stand-alone down the line :3

post #53192 of 139772

FUUUUUUUUUUU how will something at a gain of 10 do with something that has 70ohms impedance n 102dB sensitivity? I wonder what they'd use the 20 gain for.  I don't know why they'd have it at 0 gain though...

 

Edit: Mute :s


Edited by MrViolin - 1/31/13 at 2:06pm
post #53193 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

\got a dbq monday :3

Those are easy

 

I ace my U.S and Euro DBQ's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

fake panda-sama knows panda?! amazing. 

 

@0o0o0o0o0o0o

Does the USB version have any other differences besides having a built-in DAC? If that's the case I'll probably get a stand-alone down the line :3

yeah I know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

FUUUUUUUUUUU how will something at a gain of 10 do with something that has 70ohms impedance n 102dB sensitivity? I wonder what they'd use the 20 gain for.  I don't know why they'd have it at 0 gain though...

 

Edit: Mute :s

what?

post #53194 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

yeah I know him.

what?

panda fake?!
Would 10x gain be a bit loud for 102 dB and 70 ohms? As for the cross out, it was because I thought it came pre-built with 1 out of 4 gains. One of them was 0 :p but it turns out that I misinterpreted it. Actually has 4 gains to choose from.

post #53195 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

panda fake?!
Would 10x gain be a bit loud for 102 dB and 70 ohms? As for the cross out, it was because I thought it came pre-built with 1 out of 4 gains. One of them was 0 :p but it turns out that I misinterpreted it. Actually has 4 gains to choose from.

maybe

 

Please. It is very hard to know how that headphone will drive by just giving a number. 160 Ohm headphones have been known to be driven easily and vice versa.

post #53196 of 139772

'Sup everyone?
Can anyone else give me suggestions for albums to get on What? I wanna get as much as I can before my tokens run out...

post #53197 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

maybe

 

Please. It is very hard to know how that headphone will drive by just giving a number. 160 Ohm headphones have been known to be driven easily and vice versa.

then surely sensitivity can tell you? :p

post #53198 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

'Sup everyone?
Can anyone else give me suggestions for albums to get on What? I wanna get as much as I can before my tokens run out...

i am asking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

then surely sensitivity can tell you? :p

surely? No.

 

X number of mW brings you to 98dB of volume(considered loud enough)

 

But the question is how that headphone will react to those X number of milli watts at its pre set ohm

 

Most headphones it is easy to calculate.

 

Headphone amp's output power at the impedence of the headphone and thus the sensitivity. But there are cases where that just doesn't apply too well. Very easy driven V6's and harder to drive less than 100 ohm headphones.

post #53199 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

panda fake?!
Would 10x gain be a bit loud for 102 dB and 70 ohms? As for the cross out, it was because I thought it came pre-built with 1 out of 4 gains. One of them was 0 :p but it turns out that I misinterpreted it. Actually has 4 gains to choose from.

 

I'm not exactly sure what you guys are talking about here, but you could drive 102dB/70ohms from an iPod, so I imagine 10x might be a bit much?

post #53200 of 139772

mindblown.gif

 

post #53201 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

surely? No.

 

X number of mW brings you to 98dB of volume(considered loud enough)

 

But the question is how that headphone will react to those X number of milli watts at its pre set ohm

 

Most headphones it is easy to calculate.

 

Headphone amp's output power at the impedence of the headphone and thus the sensitivity. But there are cases where that just doesn't apply too well. Very easy driven V6's and harder to drive less than 100 ohm headphones.

kk panda , but I thought they all used 1mW or vrm for the sensitivity. But the less than 100 ohms would probably have a lower sensitivity, thus not being able to be driven easily. PANDA FJOIEWGJWJEWOFGJEOIFWGEHOFJEWOGFJIFOJWHEOFEW. Are you mistake the 100 ohm for 100dB? Less dB is less sound produced for a certain amount of voltage, thus how efficient it is. 

post #53202 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

I'm not exactly sure what you guys are talking about here, but you could drive 102dB/70ohms from an iPod, so I imagine 10x might be a bit much?

And then there are those 60 ohm's that are hard to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

mindblown.gif

 

That was nice, But I have seen some better ones. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

kk panda , but I thought they all used 1mW or vrm for the sensitivity. But the less than 100 ohms would probably have a lower sensitivity, thus not being able to be driven easily. PANDA FJOIEWGJWJEWOFGJEOIFWGEHOFJEWOGFJIFOJWHEOFEW. Are you mistake the 100 ohm for 100dB? Less dB is less sound produced for a certain amount of voltage, thus how efficient it is. 

What?

 

1mW @ said impedence for 98+dB?

 

I made up the numbers for impedence.

 

Ok here:

 

Specs of a headphone can only give you a general idea of how well a headphone will react to amping. 

post #53203 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

mindblown.gif

 

:3 great~ lol, probably can play some Rach

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

I'm not exactly sure what you guys are talking about here, but you could drive 102dB/70ohms from an iPod, so I imagine 10x might be a bit much?

kk, thx manveru :D

post #53204 of 139772
Quote:

Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


And then there are those 60 ohm's that are hard to drive.

 

Specs of a headphone can only give you a general idea of how well a headphone will react to amping. 

Panda, we don't care about ohms -_- we know that ohms is the resistance and that it's how much current/power it can take up. We get the point that things at a _____ ohm can be driven easily.

 

ye, I was just asking for the general idea of how well it'd pair. But you go on to saying how things at a ____ ohm can be easily driven.

post #53205 of 139772
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

And then there are those 60 ohm's that are hard to drive.

 

If they have low sensitivity I guess.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge