Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3459

post #51871 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

Still don't get where people find ruler flat from LCD2. I have hear different revs of LCD2 ranging from boomy mess to warm and lush.
Theoretically, they're supposed to be ruler flat. In production... Not so much...
post #51872 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

Is that IPS?
Yup smily_headphones1.gif
It's one of LG's fairly new IPS panels...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

How would you say the experience is? With 2-3 monitors as opposed to one.
Ah how I wish I could do 3 monitors, my video card can only swing two though...
The difference is night and day for productivity. Not so much because you can really do 2 same things at the same time, but if for example you're writing a research paper and you're looking for stuff online, having the second monitor to keep the web browser open and full screen in is incredibly useful.
I'll never go back to one monitor. In fact, that's why I got this new monitor, so I could have 2 in college and still leave one for my mom smily_headphones1.gif
post #51873 of 130951
Oooh, nice Dell. Yeah that looks amazing. I've been using the same 800x600 B-stock IPS for 8 years now. Still looks sharp, but the detail is nowhere near yours.

Rev1s are all over the place in sound. There was an old rosewood pair I found at Bic's, basically lost all of 12kHz and upwards. Good news is that every other new LCD2 sounds pretty close enough that I don't care to tell the difference. To me It's the thickness that really makes it sound warmer, and not as flat. 20-80Hz is pretty flat though, easy to hear that. Graph-wise, FR is flat on both HE500/LCD2 and HE6 to the mids, but you only really hear the lack of emphasis on the latter (just so happens that the notes are audibly leaner)

In lieu of the upcoming Super Bowl, Eyeshield 21 marathon (crappy genericrap, but it's good to dnjoy bad things now and then). Inspired by recent obsession with Onepunch Man (reread the 20 chapters 4 times). It's some funny schiit.
Edited by TwinQY - 1/26/13 at 12:57am
post #51874 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

1964 lost my impressions but they're being super cool about it~

 

 

 

LOL nice~

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post


Wow that is pretty cool. In fact, you might even get your V3s before I get my C4s. Hey, is it rude to ask for updates on a custom order?

Nah, Ive asked a few times.

 


Now where on earth did the rest of the posts I quoted go????

post #51875 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Oooh, nice Dell. Yeah that looks amazing. I've been using the same 800x600 B-stock IPS for 8 years now. Still looks sharp, but the detail is nowhere near yours.

Rev1s are all over the place in sound. There was an old rosewood pair I found at Bic's, basically lost all of 12kHz and upwards. Good news is that every other new LCD2 sounds pretty close enough that I don't care to tell the difference.

In lieu of the upcoming Super Bowl, Eyeshield 21 marathon (crappy genericrap, but it's good to dnjoy bad things now and then). Inspired by recent obsession with Onepunch Man (reread the 20 chapters 4 times). It's some funny schiit.
The new IP'S one is an LG, the old one is a dell...
I haven't really been able to figure out what display tech the ol' dell is using, though I heard online that it's IPS, I can't be sure... I think the CCFL vs LED backlighting is what's making it so much brighter and better to me though.
post #51876 of 130951
Yeah I like the Dell better tongue.gif Me and my poor old eyes can't take all that brightness.
post #51877 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Yeah I like the Dell better tongue.gif Me and my poor old eyes can't take all that brightness.

I just fixed the crazy brightness.... Turned the brightness down a lot and down the contrast too. I also calibrated the Dell so it looks a lot closer to the LG...

post #51878 of 130951
boris i posted an example of the image i'm planning to use for the laser engrave on facebook.

nothing to quote again.

should really watch the past 3 episodes of robonote lol.
post #51879 of 130951
Would love to see how you calibrated it this time. Price?

Was thinking about a new 1600x1200 IPS on sale for the first new rig in years, but didn't know too much about the current market, or prices. I miss my triple salvaged laptop display setup frown.gif
post #51880 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Would love to see how you calibrated it this time. Price?

Was thinking about a new 1600x1200 IPS on sale for the first new rig in years, but didn't know too much about the current market, or prices. I miss my triple salvaged laptop display setup frown.gif

I literally left the LG as is from a calibration standpoint... I don't have a professional calibration machine, nor do I plan to buy one....

Here's the one I bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005382

Not sure if I can recommend it refurbished when the new one is on sale for $20 more, and this one came with writing on the display... :/

post #51881 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

boris i posted an example of the image i'm planning to use for the laser engrave on facebook.

nothing to quote again.

should really watch the past 3 episodes of robonote lol.

The new one should have some pretty good chara development. I enjoyed it.
post #51882 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

boris i posted an example of the image i'm planning to use for the laser engrave on facebook.

nothing to quote again.

should really watch the past 3 episodes of robonote lol.

That gradient in the tree will be a problem, I can almost guarantee it...


Hmm, well now I have the display for anime, now to get the PC that can handle it... Yep, my computer can't handle 10 bit 1080p files... Even with madVR and all that jazz configured properly..


On a positive note... I found a good quality MP3 of this song:

 

My life is now complete...


Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/26/13 at 1:50am
post #51883 of 130951
@mechy, you might want to check your youtube link again, it's broken from what I'm seeing. And yes I know it's going to be a problem. But I do have a backup plan of sorts. And I have someone that I can ask a favor of, but I rather not do that.
post #51884 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@mechy, you might want to check your youtube link again, it's broken from what I'm seeing. And yes I know it's going to be a problem. But I do have a backup plan of sorts. And I have someone that I can ask a favor of, but I rather not do that.

I fixed it :)

If you need some help with photoshop, I have decent skills :)


Just quickly went through all of Itou Kanako's songs, nothing quite catches my eye like her work in Saya and Steins;gate though... :(


Welp, as much as I am enjoying Dixie Flatline's remixes of Supercell, I'm getting tired. Oyasumi miina!


Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/26/13 at 2:07am
post #51885 of 130951
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@mechy, you might want to check your youtube link again, it's broken from what I'm seeing. And yes I know it's going to be a problem. But I do have a backup plan of sorts. And I have someone that I can ask a favor of, but I rather not do that.
I fixed it smily_headphones1.gif
If you need some help with photoshop, I have decent skills smily_headphones1.gif
Just quickly went through all of Itou Kanako's songs, nothing quite catches my eye like her work in Saya and Steins;gate though... frown.gif
Welp, as much as I am enjoying Dixie Flatline's remixes of Supercell, I'm getting tired. Oyasumi miina!

I'll keep that in mind when I hit a snag (very likely).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge