Is that IPS?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3458
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Pics of new schiit! First, the mark on the display... I'm going to see if this is removable tomorrow.
With the display on...
HOLE CRAP THIS THING IS BRIGHT!
And another comparison... Too bad my camera didn't focus...
And finally, some angel beats
I'd say the blacks are on par with my Panasonic plasma, which is impressive!
Watching anime on this for college might not be so bad after all...
How would you say the experience is? With 2-3 monitors as opposed to one.
It's one of LG's fairly new IPS panels...
The difference is night and day for productivity. Not so much because you can really do 2 same things at the same time, but if for example you're writing a research paper and you're looking for stuff online, having the second monitor to keep the web browser open and full screen in is incredibly useful.
I'll never go back to one monitor. In fact, that's why I got this new monitor, so I could have 2 in college and still leave one for my mom
Nah, Ive asked a few times.
Now where on earth did the rest of the posts I quoted go????
Oooh, nice Dell. Yeah that looks amazing. I've been using the same 800x600 B-stock IPS for 8 years now. Still looks sharp, but the detail is nowhere near yours.
Rev1s are all over the place in sound. There was an old rosewood pair I found at Bic's, basically lost all of 12kHz and upwards. Good news is that every other new LCD2 sounds pretty close enough that I don't care to tell the difference.
In lieu of the upcoming Super Bowl, Eyeshield 21 marathon (crappy genericrap, but it's good to dnjoy bad things now and then). Inspired by recent obsession with Onepunch Man (reread the 20 chapters 4 times). It's some funny schiit.
I haven't really been able to figure out what display tech the ol' dell is using, though I heard online that it's IPS, I can't be sure... I think the CCFL vs LED backlighting is what's making it so much brighter and better to me though.
I just fixed the crazy brightness.... Turned the brightness down a lot and down the contrast too. I also calibrated the Dell so it looks a lot closer to the LG...
nothing to quote again.
should really watch the past 3 episodes of robonote lol.
I literally left the LG as is from a calibration standpoint... I don't have a professional calibration machine, nor do I plan to buy one....
Here's the one I bought:
Not sure if I can recommend it refurbished when the new one is on sale for $20 more, and this one came with writing on the display... :/
The new one should have some pretty good chara development. I enjoyed it.
That gradient in the tree will be a problem, I can almost guarantee it...
Hmm, well now I have the display for anime, now to get the PC that can handle it... Yep, my computer can't handle 10 bit 1080p files... Even with madVR and all that jazz configured properly..
On a positive note... I found a good quality MP3 of this song:
My life is now complete...
Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/26/13 at 1:50am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE (Maple) 21 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 2 minutes ago
- › HD 600 amp? 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ1000 Bass Cannons 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed headphones for music and gaming. 3 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 5 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for DAC with 5HZ - 40KHZ Response Rate? 6 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)