Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3458

post #51856 of 120250
Bass to mids, ruler flat, than descends from the upper mids and onward. Notes are a bit thick, so you can get this sense of overly lushness. Some say it's an ortho thing, but I certainly haven't heard it on the HE400, HE4, or HE6. Sounstage is more focused on depth than width. Otherwise pretty clean, details are top notch. Timbre is where it really hits home. These are the only pair, headphones, speakers or otherwise, than I can comfortably monitor keyboard and violin without worries.

My pair is an older rev2, while they were still slightly inconsistent in sound. So it has a bit more treble than the newer rev2s with the carrying case instead of the wood one. One of a kind? Certainly hope so. Not any defects from what I can hear.

Have Imention how the extension goes crazy deep? biggrin.gif although impact and tightness might go to the HE400, HE6 for sure.

Yeah a lot of 8.Ai to LCD2 comparisons being made. If these 3.Ais indicate a house sig of any kind, I might be a bit skeptical, but that'd still be worth a look into.
Edited by TwinQY - 1/25/13 at 11:22pm
post #51857 of 120250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

LCD-2 in IEM form? Look no further than the TG334. The similarities are uncanny. Lol at the 1300 price tag though. Seattle friend had a pair to trade with the DAC1 for a month, so why not? Shouldn't have done it - best month of my life.

Haven't read much about pseudo-LCD-2 CIEMs, maybe the Aurisonics or the ACS?

Is it sad I watched all 3 seasons of the Boondocks right after a django viewing...
Uh, yeah... $1300 and universal? Nothx...
My mom basically asked me what I wanted as a graduation present, I don't really want to mess with cell phones even though I don't like mine, and can't think of anything else to get other than customs, which I'll probably use when using the public transport system in Seattle biggrin.gif
I'm looking for a cheaper custom than that lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Heir 8a maybe? What is the sig of the LCD2s anyways?
Flat with slightly lowered bass and very slightly lowered treble.
I would like it to EQ well too, so I can ramp the bass up when there's background noise...
Also, @deadly and @tang: got my new monitor today... Looks like someone wrote someting on it with a Dremel...
Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/25/13 at 11:19pm
post #51858 of 120250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Bass to mids, ruler flat, than descends from the upper mids and onward. Notes are a bit thick, so you can get this sense of overly lushness. Some say it's an ortho thing, but I certainly haven't heard it on the HE400, HE4, or HE6. Sounstage is more focused on depth than width. Otherwise pretty clean, details are top notch. Timbre is where it really hits home. These are the only pair, headphones, speakers or otherwise, than I can comfortably monitor keyboard and violin without worries.

My pair is an older rev2, while they were still inconsistent. So it has a bit more treble than the newer rev2s with the carrying case instead of the wood one.
I'm jelly of all yo orthos... =_=
Just got done hanging out with a friend, we watched 5 episodes of Sayonara zetsobu sensei, finished Halo 4 campaign, and watched 1 episode of the horror anime Eve recommended me whose name escapes me right now...
post #51859 of 120250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Uh, yeah... $1300 and universal? Nothx...
My mom basically asked me what I wanted as a graduation present, I don't really want to mess with cell phones even though I don't like mine, and can't think of anything else to get other than customs, which I'll probably use when using the public transport system in Seattle biggrin.gif
I'm looking for a cheaper custom than that lol
Flat with slightly lowered bass and very slightly lowered treble.
I would like it to EQ well too, so I can ramp the bass up when there's background noise...
Also, @deadly and @tang: got my new monitor today... Looks like someone wrote someting on it with a Dremel...

That's ok, just get the Mh335s @1900 

post #51860 of 120250
HE6 aren't mine...yet tongue.gif Know how hard is was to find a HE4 to borrow? The things I do for orthos....

UIEM performance's getting closer and closer to customs. PFE232 > JH5 anyday.
post #51861 of 120250
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

That's ok, just get the Mh335s @1900 
Heh. Heh. Heh. I'm going to be a starving college student pretty soon... $1900 could probably pay for at least 8 months of food.....
Shush twinqy, you and your first world ortho problems...
Apparently our town's Japanese exchange program is low on American hosts... Trying to convince my mom ATM...
Would I intimidate the small Japanese people though, being all 200cm (6'6") and all?
Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/25/13 at 11:31pm
post #51862 of 120250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Heh. Heh. Heh. I'm going to be a starving college student pretty soon... $1900 could probably pay for at least 8 months of food.....
Shush twinqy, you and your first world ortho problems...
Apparently our town's Japanese exchange program is low on American hosts... Trying to convince my mom ATM...
Would I intimidate the small Japanese people though, being all 200cm (6'6") and all?

Perhaps your computer full of eroge would be more intimidating biggrin.gif

But, okay, your height does seem a little intimidating but means nothing when/if people see you have a big heart.

Like a giant cuddly bear (do not hug bears IRL, you've been warned!)

 

===================================

So I was looking through 3500+ Miku fanarts to try and find something to use as etching for P-H. My criteria were to somewhat follow the same route as deadly's choice of design: full character (w/o clipping in picture), beauty and elegance, w/o nudity. Mostly were higher res pictures so many of the well known album art and all that were not part of the list. And, well. Nothing really that fits all those criteria that I liked.

In the end might either choose the same as deadly, or something from keeno's music clips:

 

List of pictures (Click to show)

 

 

 

These will require A LOT of reworking though. No large size/high res picture.

 

And, just for the heck of it, perhaps someone would be interested in either of these:

 

Other pics that have clipping (Click to show)

 

 

 

Aaaand off to bed I go.

post #51863 of 120250
At least I'm not preaching about stats...yet. Geez it's a good thing I haven't much expensive things to buy other than audio related stuff. 4 years of parttime dishwashing...down the drain(puns)

6'6....holy....

The 5'9 me basks in your basketball-worthy greatness
post #51864 of 120250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

At least I'm not preaching about stats...yet. Geez it's a good thing I haven't much expensive things to buy other than audio related stuff. 4 years of parttime dishwashing...down the drain(puns)

6'6....holy....

The 5'9 me basks in your basketball-worthy greatness

The 5'4 me despairs over the fact I will never grow to be 5'7. Doctors say my growth spurt is already over.

post #51865 of 120250
They've said I might have a bit left to go, if I exercised more - though I doubt it, probably a ploy to get me exercising again, that wacky guy. Apparently it's still possible until your early 20s. Not much hope, since parents are 5'2.(it was a shorter generation...)
Edited by TwinQY - 1/26/13 at 12:33am
post #51866 of 120250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Perhaps your computer full of eroge would be more intimidating biggrin.gif

But, okay, your height does seem a little intimidating but means nothing when/if people see you have a big heart.
Like a giant cuddly bear (do not hug bears IRL, you've been warned!)

===================================
So I was looking through 3500+ Miku fanarts to try and find something to use as etching for P-H. My criteria were to somewhat follow the same route as deadly's choice of design: full character (w/o clipping in picture), beauty and elegance, w/o nudity. Mostly were higher res pictures so many of the well known album art and all that were not part of the list. And, well. Nothing really that fits all those criteria that I liked.
In the end might either choose the same as deadly, or something from keeno's music clips:
List of pictures (Click to show)









These will require A LOT of reworking though. No large size/high res picture.

And, just for the heck of it, perhaps someone would be interested in either of these:
Other pics that have clipping (Click to show)






Aaaand off to bed I go.
Lol yeah, I'd have to ask for an otaku type probably... Do they even come to America? Lol
Yeah, but even the teacher commented on it, saying I should host them because of my height...
Most of those pics look difficult to make into grayscale...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

At least I'm not preaching about stats...yet. Geez it's a good thing I haven't much expensive things to buy other than audio related stuff. 4 years of parttime dishwashing...down the drain(puns)

6'6....holy....

The 5'9 me basks in your basketball-worthy greatness
Lol, I have other expensive things other than audio, like the home theater in my room and my computers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

The 5'4 me despairs over the fact I will never grow to be 5'7. Doctors say my growth spurt is already over.
5'4 is still a respectable height though smily_headphones1.gif
Pics of new monitor incoming...
Damn you guys! Now my dell 2007wfp looks like poop next to this new display...
post #51867 of 120250

Still don't get where people find ruler flat from LCD2. I have hear different revs of LCD2 ranging from boomy mess to warm and lush.

post #51868 of 120250
Pics of new schiit! First, the mark on the display... I'm going to see if this is removable tomorrow.

With the display on...

HOLE CRAP THIS THING IS BRIGHT!

And another comparison... Too bad my camera didn't focus...

And finally, some angel beats smily_headphones1.gif

I'd say the blacks are on par with my Panasonic plasma, which is impressive!
Watching anime on this for college might not be so bad after all...
Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/26/13 at 12:41am
post #51869 of 120250

Is that IPS?

post #51870 of 120250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Pics of new schiit! First, the mark on the display... I'm going to see if this is removable tomorrow.

With the display on...

HOLE CRAP THIS THING IS BRIGHT!

And another comparison... Too bad my camera didn't focus...

And finally, some angel beats smily_headphones1.gif

I'd say the blacks are on par with my Panasonic plasma, which is impressive!
Watching anime on this for college might not be so bad after all...

How would you say the experience is? With 2-3 monitors as opposed to one.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge