Is that IPS?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3458
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Pics of new schiit! First, the mark on the display... I'm going to see if this is removable tomorrow.
With the display on...
HOLE CRAP THIS THING IS BRIGHT!
And another comparison... Too bad my camera didn't focus...
And finally, some angel beats
I'd say the blacks are on par with my Panasonic plasma, which is impressive!
Watching anime on this for college might not be so bad after all...
How would you say the experience is? With 2-3 monitors as opposed to one.
It's one of LG's fairly new IPS panels...
The difference is night and day for productivity. Not so much because you can really do 2 same things at the same time, but if for example you're writing a research paper and you're looking for stuff online, having the second monitor to keep the web browser open and full screen in is incredibly useful.
I'll never go back to one monitor. In fact, that's why I got this new monitor, so I could have 2 in college and still leave one for my mom
Nah, Ive asked a few times.
Now where on earth did the rest of the posts I quoted go????
Oooh, nice Dell. Yeah that looks amazing. I've been using the same 800x600 B-stock IPS for 8 years now. Still looks sharp, but the detail is nowhere near yours.
Rev1s are all over the place in sound. There was an old rosewood pair I found at Bic's, basically lost all of 12kHz and upwards. Good news is that every other new LCD2 sounds pretty close enough that I don't care to tell the difference.
In lieu of the upcoming Super Bowl, Eyeshield 21 marathon (crappy genericrap, but it's good to dnjoy bad things now and then). Inspired by recent obsession with Onepunch Man (reread the 20 chapters 4 times). It's some funny schiit.
I haven't really been able to figure out what display tech the ol' dell is using, though I heard online that it's IPS, I can't be sure... I think the CCFL vs LED backlighting is what's making it so much brighter and better to me though.
I just fixed the crazy brightness.... Turned the brightness down a lot and down the contrast too. I also calibrated the Dell so it looks a lot closer to the LG...
nothing to quote again.
should really watch the past 3 episodes of robonote lol.
I literally left the LG as is from a calibration standpoint... I don't have a professional calibration machine, nor do I plan to buy one....
Here's the one I bought:
Not sure if I can recommend it refurbished when the new one is on sale for $20 more, and this one came with writing on the display... :/
The new one should have some pretty good chara development. I enjoyed it.
That gradient in the tree will be a problem, I can almost guarantee it...
Hmm, well now I have the display for anime, now to get the PC that can handle it... Yep, my computer can't handle 10 bit 1080p files... Even with madVR and all that jazz configured properly..
On a positive note... I found a good quality MP3 of this song:
My life is now complete...
Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/26/13 at 1:50am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 17 seconds ago
- › Shanling M3 49 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Should I buy a portable amp for my FiiO X1 or just buy a better DAP ? 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3