Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3355

post #50311 of 127497

Was it someone here who said Midori was in love with Tamako in Tamako Market? Because damn I must have been high while watching that second episode, signs are everywhere. 

post #50312 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

IDK. I found it rather more palatable than most vocaloid-focused ones. There's that eurobeat one deadly posted a while baaaaaaaack that I like much better since the vocaloid is the less prominent feature of the song. I like those kinds of vocaloids. I dunno. I found that some genre and type of music doesn't mesh well at all when vocaloid is used to replace real singers, but the two Mayu ones is the exception, at least recently. More like these is good.
Hrmm well I've found a lot of Mayu songs tend to tune her a bit lower on the vocal range compared to other vocaloids. She tends to sound a bit more laid back and doesn't peak as hard as Miku and friends. Or maybe you don't mind Vocarock?

Give these a listen:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19302098 - Mayu.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19473241 - Mayu again, but tuned higher, more typical of other vocaloids. 
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19856564 - Gumi, Vocarock, getting a bit hardcore here tongue.gif


Annnd completely out of left field and mainly because I think it's awesome:

All of this is good ****, especially the Gumi one. Definitely, absolutely awesome.

More plz. tongue.gif
post #50313 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


All of this is good ****, especially the Gumi one. Definitely, absolutely awesome.

More plz. tongue.gif

biggrin.gif Well since I need to sleep I'll just link some producer's lists of work. 

 

First Mayu song I linked: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/19099704 - MikitoP. Honestly not sure whether you'll like his other songs. Give Setagaya Night Safari a listen though. (世田谷ナイトサファリ)

Second Mayu song: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/3304983 - 164. The quality of his work varies a lot IMO. I like Inori, NO STARS, and 天ノ弱. 

Gumi song: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/12177097 - DevilishP. Basically all his stuff is great. There are some Miku songs in there that are tuned pretty high. 

 

 

Some wildcards.

 

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/6330215 - Yuyoyuppe. Vocarock, similar to DevilishP but with a different style. Recommend: Story of Hope, Palette, Leia, Reon, and Hope. Has a lot of other good songs too though. 

 

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/14483709 - MuryokuP. Vocarock with some electronic backing/full on dubstep style tracks. Some great songs, a lot of OK ones. Recommend: Aspirin, Graviton and his Sweet Sweet Cendrillon Drug remix

 

 

Couple of producers there who have some very early works that you probably want to stay away from. Stuff they made before becoming somewhat popular etc. Try to stick with original songs (オリジナル in the title), probably avoid remixes and covers. Yuyoyuppe has some vocal covers he's done himself of his own songs. 

 

Hopefully I haven't completely underestimated/overestimated your ability to read moon runes here biggrin.gif. Apologies if I've done either though. 

 

 

 

post #50314 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

It was very difficult fapping to this. 

Listening to Supercell's first album... Damn the first few songs have terrible terrible mastering. 
I found it quite easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Oh good lord...
Especially when I saw this for the first time at chase's house after going to the local media store to see if they had any PS2 supplies, or any good anime...
Damn, that's a smexy shelf! Ikea?

Don't even get me started about the studs in my walls... Chase knows... Tl;dr: We spent 5 days trying to wall mount my tv...
That is in fact not a classic, it looks like a nano 3rd gen because of the headphone jack on the bottom wink.gif
Lol
Haha, you didn't know what brazzers was huh?
Dang... Well, at least you got a lot of awesome Schiit in your room!
This. Speakers just have a really awesome soundstage that will never be matched by HPs, even though my pioneers now supposedly aren't strong in soundstage...
Ninja please! If you have an iPad, you should use the full site... Mobile looks too stretched out. And about 70% of my posts are made from my iPad...
CURSE YOU AND YOUR AWESOME CAMERA THAT CAN ADJUST THE FOCUS TO BLUR OUT PANTSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. Mounting isnt as easy as best buy 10 second commercials make it seem

Yeah. Ikea galant setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Just watched 2 episodes of Code Geass R2, I'm watching one more, then crashing, last night I put my Clip on repeat to a live Adele album and fell asleep to those tracks with the REAL slow hitting piano, and that with Adeles voice made me pass out faster than a lullaby! biggrin.gif
You cant JUST watch one more ep of code geass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

> wakes up
> 375 new posts

LOL NOPE
We all called it smily_headphones1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post



A mistake!

This astronauts name is 'Nanba Hibito', Hibito being his first name. As such, the nameplate should read: 'H. Nanba'
Normally I'd do it, but now I'm too busy. Gomen.
Ehh, im sure the assistant dude was tired as hell after drawing stuff for hours
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Hey Bowei, how are you liking the Fiio e12?
I havent compared it yet but I am liking it. Its sound is much different from what Fiio has given before. Usually fiio sound is very warm and sweet. There was also a boomier bass. However with the E12. While they are still walking the fiio universal sound signature path. The sound is much more flat. This amp is a flagship. And considering its $120. Its nice smily_headphones1.gif
post #50315 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

biggrin.gif  Well since I need to sleep I'll just link some producer's lists of work. 

First Mayu song I linked: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/19099704 - MikitoP. Honestly not sure whether you'll like his other songs. Give Setagaya Night Safari a listen though. (世田谷ナイトサファリ)
Second Mayu song: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/3304983 - 164. The quality of his work varies a lot IMO. I like Inori, NO STARS, and 天ノ弱. 
Gumi song: http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/12177097 - DevilishP. Basically all his stuff is great. There are some Miku songs in there that are tuned pretty high. 


Some wildcards.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/6330215 - Yuyoyuppe. Vocarock, similar to DevilishP but with a different style. Recommend: Story of Hope, Palette, Leia, Reon, and Hope. Has a lot of other good songs too though. 

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/14483709 - MuryokuP. Vocarock with some electronic backing/full on dubstep style tracks. Some great songs, a lot of OK ones. Recommend: Aspirin, Graviton and his Sweet Sweet Cendrillon Drug remix


Couple of producers there who have some very early works that you probably want to stay away from. Stuff they made before becoming somewhat popular etc. Try to stick with original songs (オリジナル in the title), probably avoid remixes and covers. Yuyoyuppe has some vocal covers he's done himself of his own songs. 

Hopefully I haven't completely underestimated/overestimated your ability to read moon runes here biggrin.gif
. Apologies if I've done either though. 

 



 



Wow, this is more than enough for now. Thanks. I'll be sure to ask for more after I finished processed all of this.
Holy ****, I've been trying to ignore it, but since scamp is tweeting, while not a lot, about space bros being ******* awesome the past few episodes. And considering I take his opinion very seriously.... after the 23rd, if I pass my final exam, I'll be sure to start marathoning it.
post #50316 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Don't even get me started about the studs in my walls... Chase knows... Tl;dr: We spent 5 days trying to wall mount my tv...

CURSE YOU AND YOUR AWESOME CAMERA THAT CAN ADJUST THE FOCUS TO BLUR OUT PANTSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God that was terrible... I think by the end, your grandpa said 4 different sizes for the spaces between the studs... None of which where right. >_<<br />
Uhm... That would be any camera...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

> wakes up
> 375 new posts

LOL NOPE

Edited by Chasenuva1 - 1/20/13 at 8:49am
post #50317 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


I found it quite easy
Yeah. Mounting isnt as easy as best buy 10 second commercials make it seem

Yeah. Ikea galant setup
You cant JUST watch one more ep of code geass
We all called it smily_headphones1.gif
Ehh, im sure the assistant dude was tired as hell after drawing stuff for hours
I havent compared it yet but I am liking it. Its sound is much different from what Fiio has given before. Usually fiio sound is very warm and sweet. There was also a boomier bass. However with the E12. While they are still walking the fiio universal sound signature path. The sound is much more flat. This amp is a flagship. And considering its $120. Its nice smily_headphones1.gif

I'm glad I don't watch enough TV to warrant buying one. All the TV's at my parents are CRTs as well, the last time I got to sit down with my mum and dad and just watch TV was when we did a LOTR marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
I havent compared it yet but I am liking it. Its sound is much different from what Fiio has given before. Usually fiio sound is very warm and sweet. There was also a boomier bass. However with the E12. While they are still walking the fiio universal sound signature path. The sound is much more flat. This amp is a flagship. And considering its $120. Its nice smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds like you tend to expect from as flagship, aimed at a more audiophile sound. Still at $120, that's a steal(no doubt it'll end up being £120 instead of £76+tax). Can it drive heftier headphones like the HD600?

post #50318 of 127497
Quote:
Your Inner Animal is an
Emperor Penguin Chick
Quote:
Your soft and cuddly personality make you hard to resist! You prefer to spend much of your day near those you love, especially during the cold winter months.

Well, here you go guys: http://worldwildlife.org/pages/find-your-inner-animal

I kind of liked it though, since emperor penguin chick appeared in SZS fairly frequently.
post #50319 of 127497
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Well, here you go guys: http://worldwildlife.org/pages/find-your-inner-animal

I kind of liked it though, since emperor penguin chick appeared in SZS fairly frequently.

 

 

Your Inner Animal is a
Barn Owl
 
You love the nightlife but not necessarily the company of others. Rather, you enjoy being alone in the crisp night air, listening and watching, keen observer that you are. Your careful, measured movements provide a big payoff.
 
I'm happy with that. tongue.gif
 
Morning all, it's almost 5am here, I think my sleeping pattern is fixed.
post #50320 of 127497
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


For what it's worth, when I received my MS-1i, Sony MDR-7550, Koss KDE250, and some other stuff, all as different packages, and all are more than the price that's supposed to have customs charge, got to me for free (of customs charge). Maybe it's because all of them, except the MS1, are used. But even then the MS-1 is new, so it should have been hit.

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The E12 is nice but I kinda wanted a bit of color to the sound.

 

So I arrived at this point:

 

 

 

Cirrus Logic DAC-->AD8920-->Burr Brown OPA2134-->LME 49710-->49600 ->headphones

 

The OPA2xxx and LME 49xx are some of the most coveted op amps besides the opa627. 

 

Now let's see how it sounds.

I should have asked you to borrow something like the E12 since I'm in New York right now in Manhattan. My mother isn't being nice though since she won't drive me to B&H, J&R, or Audiocubes. B&H is around 30 blocks from here, which isn't too bad. I wouldn't mind walking 1.5 miles or so. Worth it for the headphones. But yeah, she won't let me go anywhere except for the Apple store that's literally across the street from me from the apartment I'm sitting in right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Pic of poster and other shelves

 

 

 

How you know it's time to maybe start clearing some headphones out:

 

I'll take something! Well, you already made an offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 


LOL. I hear my classmates talking about it all the time so I didn't need to use Google to find out. Makes me wonder if it's common among your average American boy to go talking about porn in public, because that's very, very foreign to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


I havent compared it yet but I am liking it. Its sound is much different from what Fiio has given before. Usually fiio sound is very warm and sweet. There was also a boomier bass. However with the E12. While they are still walking the fiio universal sound signature path. The sound is much more flat. This amp is a flagship. And considering its $120. Its nice smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds nice. Do want.

post #50321 of 127497
My internal animal is Runtime Error. :-/
post #50322 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

I'm glad I don't watch enough TV to warrant buying one. All the TV's at my parents are CRTs as well, the last time I got to sit down with my mum and dad and just watch TV was when we did a LOTR marathon.

Sounds like you tend to expect from as flagship, aimed at a more audiophile sound. Still at $120, that's a steal(no doubt it'll end up being £120 instead of £76+tax). Can it drive heftier headphones like the HD600?

880mW @ 32 ohms

 

FiiO and others stated that yes it can. LCD2 and HD800 shouldn't be an issue as well. But that is just from others.

 

This is the biggest problem I have with reviewing FiiO devices. Their fricking price. The E07K, E02i and E12 all have some nit picks.

 

The E02i is very very warm and colored. However it has a huge problem with power on and power off and headphone plug in and plug out pop. But it's $29 and has a good microphone, and smartphone control while adding an amplifier to the mix. IT was HARD not to give it a good overall rating! Why..it was too dam cheap.

 

Same with th E07K. IT was a bit warm. Ok, let's say quite warm. Some may not like it. It had a slight drop off in the highs and the bass was present and boomier than baseline(iphone). However, it had a WM8740, 24/96, dual headphone out, ~215mW @ 32 ohms, and a graphical screen and EQ. At $90. It was really quite hard not to give it a good overall score too because it was too cheap.

 

Then we have the E12. It has a few usability problems. But it's $120. IT is fairly thin. It is very nice looking and well built. And it sounds like a flagship amp. 

http://fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000038732625&MenuID=105026001

 

Packed with LME49710 and LME49600, a relay to help protect IEM's, WIMA capacitator, 850-880mW @ 32 ohms, Smart recharge capabilities to help battery and at 14.5mm thick

 

IT is very hard to give it a bad spin. 

post #50323 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Your Inner Animal is an
Emperor Penguin Chick
Quote:
Your soft and cuddly personality make you hard to resist! You prefer to spend much of your day near those you love, especially during the cold winter months.

Well, here you go guys: http://worldwildlife.org/pages/find-your-inner-animal

I kind of liked it though, since emperor penguin chick appeared in SZS fairly frequently.
I don't know about the soft and cuddly part, but tbh the 'spend time with loved ones' is 100% true. I may not show it much to them though, but i really value it. Much like you guys, even though some of you are grating lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

Your Inner Animal is a
Barn Owl
 
You love the nightlife but not necessarily the company of others. Rather, you enjoy being alone in the crisp night air, listening and watching, keen observer that you are. Your careful, measured movements provide a big payoff.
 
I'm happy with that. tongue.gif

 
Morning all, it's almost 5am here, I think my sleeping pattern is fixed.

That's kind of cool.
Summer-2013-Anime-Chart.jpg
post #50324 of 127497
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

My internal animal is Runtime Error. :-/

 

D:


Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

And it sounds like a flagship amp. 

 

What other flagship amps have you heard?

 

Or did you mean that it was Fiio's best amp?

post #50325 of 127497
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

LOL

I should have asked you to borrow something like the E12 since I'm in New York right now in Manhattan. My mother isn't being nice though since she won't drive me to B&H, J&R, or Audiocubes. B&H is around 30 blocks from here, which isn't too bad. I wouldn't mind walking 1.5 miles or so. Worth it for the headphones. But yeah, she won't let me go anywhere except for the Apple store that's literally across the street from me from the apartment I'm sitting in right now.

I'll take something! Well, you already made an offer.

LOL. I hear my classmates talking about it all the time so I didn't need to use Google to find out. Makes me wonder if it's common among your average American boy to go talking about porn in public, because that's very, very foreign to me.

Sounds nice. Do want.

What headphones you using? I know it's modded but still. It shouldn't need an amp if kalbee sent it? The only amps I have right now availble are MRB,E5, E02i, E12. That function is dedicated portable ones. You could have borrowed the E5 or E02i if you want. The MRB is way too big and heavy. IT's that silver thing in the picture. 

 

You can borrow it. But don't destroy it. HD215? fully closed. K422. Semi open. Monoprice MP8320 (probably not as its too big). 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge