Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3326

post #49876 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

:s it happens in life. WHAT? YOU WERE STUDYING IN NIHON?

 

Nope. Didn't make it. The course was an intensive Japanese preparation program that was held locally. Students have to study Japanese + Science subjects (Phys, Maths, Chem in Japanese) for 2 years. Then they have to take EJU (not sure what it stands for). If they pass the EJU and the course, then they can continue to study in Japan under government scholarship. I couldn't take it because it was very tiring and I got sick of it. So I failed the course. Good thing I don't owe the government much money

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

It kind of looks like I'm not going to get a spot for the P-H, so maybe I'll sell my GTX 480 and get a GTX 670 or 680! biggrin.gif

 

I'm planning to get HD7950. AMD FTW! LOL

 

 

On another note, I finally went and unfriended those who I don't know or don't want to. Now my FB has become much more meaningful

post #49877 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

Nope. Didn't make it. The course was an intensive Japanese preparation program that was held locally. Students have to study Japanese + Science subjects (Phys, Maths, Chem in Japanese) for 2 years. Then they have to take EJU (not sure what it stands for). If they pass the EJU and the course, then they can continue to study in Japan under government scholarship. I couldn't take it because it was very tiring and I got sick of it. So I failed the course. Good thing I don't owe the government much money

 


 

I'm planning to get HD7950. AMD FTW! LOL

 

 

On another note, I finally went and unfriended those who I don't know or don't want to. Now my FB has become much more meaningful

OR get 2 facebooks. 1 for the meaningless crap and asking others what the hw is and what is going on.

post #49878 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

Nope. Didn't make it. The course was an intensive Japanese preparation program that was held locally. Students have to study Japanese + Science subjects (Phys, Maths, Chem in Japanese) for 2 years. Then they have to take EJU (not sure what it stands for). If they pass the EJU and the course, then they can continue to study in Japan under government scholarship. I couldn't take it because it was very tiring and I got sick of it. So I failed the course. Good thing I don't owe the government much money

 

I'm planning to get HD7950. AMD FTW! LOL

 

On another note, I finally went and unfriended those who I don't know or don't want to. Now my FB has become much more meaningful

:s oh... I see.

ye... fb... the more interconnected/globalized the world has become, the less value in words/friendships is something I've found lol. So they just didn't invite you or something? I wouldn't take that to heart <- I'm not invited to any parties/hangouts... rather I never have been as long as I can remember.

OMFG. TOMODACHI NEXT IS LOL. ONEE-SA-BABA LOLOL. Even though baba means old lady/hag translating team changed it to b i t c h LOL

 

As for customs... omfg. Wait, so I have to go all the way to the place that they have customs? I don't know anywhere near that has to do w/ customs :/
 

post #49879 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

OR get 2 facebooks. 1 for the meaningless crap and asking others what the hw is and what is going on.

lol it's tiring to log on and off

post #49880 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post

Lol this I must see!
Same here. Pics or GTFO at the least...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Seriously? An ibm 5100?
Yeah, then again I'm starting to lose faith in what he says, he's getting to be like the legendary BS'er...
Welp, I priced out the computer I WANT...
$750...
Time to sell the HD600s? :P
post #49881 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

lol it's tiring to log on and off

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

:s oh... I see.

ye... fb... the more interconnected/globalized the world has become, the less value in words/friendships is something I've found lol. So they just didn't invite you or something? I wouldn't take that to heart <- I'm not invited to any parties/hangouts... rather I never have been as long as I can remember.

OMFG. TOMODACHI NEXT IS LOL. ONEE-SA-BABA LOLOL. Even though baba means old lady/hag translating team changed it to b i t c h LOL

 

As for customs... omfg. Wait, so I have to go all the way to the place that they have customs? I don't know anywhere near that has to do w/ customs :/
 

What are you worrying about? Customs generally isn't that big of a deal in the U.S for us normal peeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Same here. Pics or GTFO at the least...
Yeah, then again I'm starting to lose faith in what he says, he's getting to be like the legendary BS'er...
Welp, I priced out the computer I WANT...
$750...
Time to sell the HD600s? :P

That seems cheap?

 

Lol, legendary BS'er

post #49882 of 149703

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post


That is country dependent. In Malaysia, from what I heard, anything you import are sent to the customs. Not sure if letters etc, but anything you bought will be sent there. Then when you collect your stuff, you will have to announce what your item is and it'll be charged accordingly (or so I thought). What items are taxed upon depends on your law. If you are found to not honestlycorrectly announce your item, you may be sent to the court. We can also let an agent to deal with it for an extra fee


Oh great news! My friends who went to a preparation course to study in Japan passed their test and they will continue their study in Japan! However, these mofo really have forgotten that I was also with them. I know I flunk that course, but that doesn't mean I wasn't there AT ALL. Then they had their graduation dinner and they didn't invite me! I don't care if I don't get to eat anything, but I do want to see them one more time before their takeoff. Ah well, I knew this thing would happen, so the disappointment that I feel right now is lessened. But it still hurts anyway. Let's do it like this. They forget about me, I forget about them. It's a win win situation so yeah
And that folks, another episode of how "friendships to betrayals" happen in my life. Too many I couldn't count anymore.

For what it's worth, when I received my MS-1i, Sony MDR-7550, Koss KDE250, and some other stuff, all as different packages, and all are more than the price that's supposed to have customs charge, got to me for free (of customs charge). Maybe it's because all of them, except the MS1, are used. But even then the MS-1 is new, so it should have been hit.
post #49883 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Really? They're going to wait a year? I thought they released new GPUs every 6 months or so...
Edit: what are the power requirements and how much are you selling it for?
Yeah, they are going to release the 7000 series sometime after March, but it will only draw less power and give a small performance boost (15%). Any power is okay (I have a 750 W Corsair), and I'll hopefully sell it for $200.

Oh, and Bowei, numbers hasen't said anything yet, so, I might still get a spot. biggrin.gif
post #49884 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

What are you worrying about? Customs generally isn't that big of a deal in the U.S for us normal peeps.
That seems cheap?

Lol, legendary BS'er
That's a 1155 mobo, 3570k, coolmaster cooler, ASUS monitor, Rosewill backlit mechanicalkeyboard, and 500GB WD blue hard drive...
Lol, only chase will get that reference...
post #49885 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

OR get 2 facebooks. 1 for the meaningless crap and asking others what the hw is and what is going on.

 

LL

I'm really liking it using this pix LAWL

 

Anyway, I don't want to. If I have to put another mask of myself, I'm just fooling myself. No hard feelings though

I'm open to you guys so no worries there

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

:s oh... I see.

ye... fb... the more interconnected/globalized the world has become, the less value in words/friendships is something I've found lol. So they just didn't invite you or something? I wouldn't take that to heart <- I'm not invited to any parties/hangouts... rather I never have been as long as I can remember.

OMFG. TOMODACHI NEXT IS LOL. ONEE-SA-BABA LOLOL. Even though baba means old lady/hag translating team changed it to b i t c h LOL

 

As for customs... omfg. Wait, so I have to go all the way to the place that they have customs? I don't know anywhere near that has to do w/ customs :/
 

 

As an introvert who doesn't have many friends, I take friendships seriously. Very seriously. If that person screws me over, I don't care for that person anymore. Simple as that. And because of this, I only have a few friends. 

And since you like Haganai, here's something good quoted :

 


When you’re in first grade, it doesn’t matter if you can’t make 100 friends. Instead make real friends who are as important to you as 100 to them. It doesn’t matter if you have one, as long as it’s a friend that you care about.

- Yozora Mikazuki, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai/ Haganai
post #49886 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Yeah, they are going to release the 7000 series sometime after March, but it will only draw less power and give a small performance boost (15%). Any power is okay (I have a 750 W Corsair), and I'll hopefully sell it for $200.

Oh, and Bowei, numbers hasen't said anything yet, so, I might still get a spot. biggrin.gif
An, I only have ~600W, and am already $250 over budget... Though it does seem like I may be able to get said budget extended biggrin.gif
post #49887 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Yeah, they are going to release the 7000 series sometime after March, but it will only draw less power and give a small performance boost (15%). Any power is okay (I have a 750 W Corsair), and I'll hopefully sell it for $200.

Oh, and Bowei, numbers hasen't said anything yet, so, I might still get a spot. biggrin.gif
An, I only have ~600W, and am already $250 over budget... Though it does seem like I may be able to get said budget extended biggrin.gif
What's you build?
post #49888 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


For what it's worth, when I received my MS-1i, Sony MDR-7550, Koss KDE250, and some other stuff, all as different packages, and all are more than the price that's supposed to have customs charge, got to me for free (of customs charge). Maybe it's because all of them, except the MS1, are used. But even then the MS-1 is new, so it should have been hit.

 

LAWL THAT MANGA!!!

What did you say though? Does it take a long time? I'm just too lazy to go to KLIA to claim it. And I don't want POSLAJU to deal with it either. When I have to claim my P-H later... probably gonna have to cash out 10% or something since it's above the min value

post #49889 of 149703
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Yeah, they are going to release the 7000 series sometime after March, but it will only draw less power and give a small performance boost (15%). Any power is okay (I have a 750 W Corsair), and I'll hopefully sell it for $200.

Oh, and Bowei, numbers hasen't said anything yet, so, I might still get a spot. biggrin.gif

kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


That's a 1155 mobo, 3570k, coolmaster cooler, ASUS monitor, Rosewill backlit mechanicalkeyboard, and 500GB WD blue hard drive...
Lol, only chase will get that reference...

His pron drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

LL

I'm really liking it using this pix LAWL

 

Anyway, I don't want to. If I have to put another mask of myself, I'm just fooling myself. No hard feelings though

I'm open to you guys so no worries there

 


 

As an introvert who doesn't have many friends, I take friendships seriously. Very seriously. If that person screws me over, I don't care for that person anymore. Simple as that. And because of this, I only have a few friends. 

And since you like Haganai, here's something good quoted :

 

I like that pic too :)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


An, I only have ~600W, and am already $250 over budget... Though it does seem like I may be able to get said budget extended biggrin.gif

Depending on the efficency of that PSU, the rails and power each rail can "actually" deliver, it may just be enough for a 7900X card with Ivy Bridge.  Ivy Bridge will pull about 100W, that card will pull about 200W.

 

So yeah, it looks like you are fine. All that is left is to see if your rails has enough power. Sometimes its not that the W isn't enough but that the power on the rails needed for PCIE or something are just not enough.

post #49890 of 149703

redface.gif man I can understand being an introvert since I've been alone through most of my school life having only a few good friends. But I won't go into it anymore since I don't know the full story. The people who have tons of "friends" are usually bad people.

 

Only true friends I have in my case are my mom n dad for sure. A true friend is a person who'd put down his/her life for you, and in that case, my parents are the only who fit it that I know for sure. Good friends are people that don't gossip, steal, do drugs, don't lie, try to help, don't talk bad about others (they do this, they'll talk about you if you slip even a little) etc. Those are also rare. But as for parties- I don't really care much for them. You usually find trash there, and it's a gossip fest anyway.

 

For the true ones, you may only find 1 in this lifetime since they're so rare to come by. For good friends, maybe 2-3 at most. Those good friends are my seniors, though, and they'll be moving on to college next year. However, I can have a long connection to them.

 

Based on these standards, I wouldn't really take a "friendship" seriously. The other "friends" that're there are just there. They'll disappear through the course of time like a bunch I've seen. It just happens sometimes

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge