Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3305

post #49561 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

That's pretty cool.

Darn my high quality IPS display, I don't get any colour shifting when changing angles. tongue.gif

I have an IPS monitor too (though not high quality), and at extreme angles the screen becomes a bit more blue, but that's all. :P
post #49562 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Today I did a Christian thing.

I have a Christian friend and he invited me together with another (atheist) friend to go to a church evening.
It started with mass, then dinner, then some workshop, then prayer, and then drinking. It was really quite an incredible and interesting experience. Of course I just kinda sat there during mass, and during prayer I was meditating instead of praying, but it still really left an impression. I've never been to mass before, and I've never seen people pray either.

It also completely changed my views on Christianity. At first I thought that religion was pointless because of all the culture behind it, as well as the fact it's so centered around humanity. And that while the existence of God is definitely not impossible (not in the Christian sense, in a philosophical sense), I did not see any reason to worship it. Now I feel like I can understand their whole motive behind it all, and I feel like I have some idea of what God is to Christians, and why they have all the humongous amount of tradition and rituals.
The people at the church were also really nice, and weren't pushing their religion on us either.

In terms of life experience I would definitely recommend doing this.

I've done it before. That's why I don't advocate for the Christian vs Atheist thing. 

 

It gets a bit awkward when some ask you what your religious beliefs are or when they are praying but otherwise it is fine.

 

You can poke all the holes you want in their fancy book or ideals. But I have met and seen more giving and warm hearted people from Churches than I have from atheists. Just a personal observation here without stats. God or no God. Magical book or answers or none. That book of magic and answers has saved humanity in it's darkest times.

 

Like the song goes in Le Temps De Cathedrales

 

 

Quote:

Il est venu le temps des cathédrales
Le monde est entré
Dans un nouveau millénaire
L'homme a voulu monter vers les étoiles
Ecrire son histoire
Dans le verre ou dans la pierre

Pierre après pierre, jour après jour
De siècle en siècle avec amour
Il a ve s'élever les tours
Qu'il avait bâties de ses mains


Translation:

 


The age of cathedrals has come
The world has entered
A new millennium
Man wanted to reach the stars
To write his story
In glass and in stone

Stone after stone, day after day
From century to century with love
He saw the towers rise
That he had built with his hands

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

That's pretty cool.

 

Darn my high quality IPS display, I don't get any colour shifting when changing angles. tongue.gif

-___________________________________-

 

yeah.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I know, I was kidding... lol

My speed before (With DOCSIS 2.0)

 

My speed that I just ran with DOCSIS 3.0:

-________-

post #49563 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Ugh I hate charter Cable... Got a new docsis 3 modem from them... Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with them, because I had problems activating it.... Stupid worthless company told me the 2 computers I tried it with are broken...

Obviously the companies are pieces of schiit. I remember OCZ did the same thing to people a while back with their SSD's. Just spread the word, and people won't buy.

 

@Chase

I see... 6 miles. I don't think it's much lol. I was an athlete about half a year ago. When I go biking occasionally, I usually bike for quite a while (about 5 miles... I never really keep track cause I have fun). Sedentary lifestyle of Americans. Sit in school for 7 hours. Good stuff. Don't even need 2-4/12 grades. So many problems with current day society and so on. I was about to type a page, but I decided against it.

post #49564 of 156214
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Today I did a Christian thing.

 

I'm non-religious myself, but I truly find religion fascinating, as history is pretty much rooted in it.

 

Around here, I always get the same door to door knocker that preaches about Christianity, he swings by every few months telling me a little bit more about the bible each time.

 

Next time, he'll tell me why there are so many different languages despite Adam and Eve (not you, Eve) being the start of humankind. I promised myself not to google the answer, as I'm kind of looking forward to it. tongue.gif

post #49565 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I know, I was kidding... lol

My speed before (With DOCSIS 2.0)

 

My speed that I just ran with DOCSIS 3.0:

you jumped 2 percentiles :0

post #49566 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

I'm non-religious myself, but I truly find religion fascinating, as history is pretty much rooted in it.

 

Around here, I always get the same door to door knocker that preaches about Christianity, he swings by every few months telling me a little bit more about the bible each time.

 

Next time, he'll tell me why there are so many different languages despite Adam and Eve (not you, Eve) being the start of humankind. I promised myself not to google the answer, as I'm kind of looking forward to it. tongue.gif

As a student of European History. I have to agree. Early history of it from Medieval to modern 1800 periods of its history were VERY bad. The Catholic church was one of the worst there was. This is a problem that new atheists have at info.

 

Catholic Church bad=Christian bad.

 

The logic here is that....THERE IS A REASON, protestantism grew and came over to America and spread throughout the world. They knew it was bad. 

 

I don't get them :) Day 1034, I am still undetectedph34r.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

you jumped 2 percentiles :0

Lol.

 


E12 has arrived

post #49567 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Today I did a Christian thing.

I have a Christian friend and he invited me together with another (atheist) friend to go to a church evening.
It started with mass, then dinner, then some workshop, then prayer, and then drinking. It was really quite an incredible and interesting experience. Of course I just kinda sat there during mass, and during prayer I was meditating instead of praying, but it still really left an impression. I've never been to mass before, and I've never seen people pray either.

It also completely changed my views on Christianity. At first I thought that religion was pointless because of all the culture behind it, as well as the fact it's so centered around humanity. And that while the existence of God is definitely not impossible (not in the Christian sense, in a philosophical sense), I did not see any reason to worship it. Now I feel like I can understand their whole motive behind it all, and I feel like I have some idea of what God is to Christians, and why they have all the humongous amount of tradition and rituals.
The people at the church were also really nice, and weren't pushing their religion on us either.

In terms of life experience I would definitely recommend doing this.

If you're quite curious enough, maybe you might want to take up theology at some point? To me, learning about other religion is still very valuable, even if I'm already believe in one. In any case, it's an interesting thing, and I'm quite a curious person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post


I'm non-religious myself, but I truly find religion fascinating, as history is pretty much rooted in it.

Around here, I always get the same door to door knocker that preaches about Christianity, he swings by every few months telling me a little bit more about the bible each time.

Next time, he'll tell me why there are so many different languages despite Adam and Eve (not you, Eve) being the start of humankind. I promised myself not to google the answer, as I'm kind of looking forward to it. tongue.gif

I already know actually, but I won't spoil it for you. I think it's what he's going to say. Maybe you'll remember to bring this up again and I can confirm which tale it is.

bowei, while you do say that you don't advocate the Christian vs atheism thing, or even theism vs atheism, the way you address their sacred books and their ideals borders on disrespect, if not outright.Sure, I guess I can assume you meant good with that, but maybe not others, and I worry that this 'others' might be some mod or something.
post #49568 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

you jumped 2 percentiles :0

Yay, I totally care -_-

post #49569 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Ugh I hate charter Cable... Got a new docsis 3 modem from them... Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with them, because I had problems activating it.... Stupid worthless company told me the 2 computers I tried it with are broken...

lol sounds like what I'm used to with them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Okay, so after 35 minutes, I disabled Windows firewall, connected the modem directly to my netbook and got it working. W.T.F. After they reset it N times and everything...

Anyway, re-enabled firewall and surprisingly, it kept working! Huzzah!
New speeds :D

Damn! I thought we has the same speed internet?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
It is possible to print a shipping label with paypal by the way. That is what I am going to do.

Yes it is. I had to do that 300 times a day, every day almost a year ago. I don't remember how to now though. >_<

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


Here:

Warning: Darker than Black Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why the hell would you be looking at your monitor from that angle? It works perfectly fine for looking straight on!

post #49570 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why the hell would you be looking at your monitor from that angle? It works perfectly fine for looking straight on!

I'm laying down.... under a laptop....

That's how I use my computer everyday.

post #49571 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post




bowei, while you do say that you don't advocate the Christian vs atheism thing, or even theism vs atheism, the way you address their sacred books and their ideals borders on disrespect, if not outright.Sure, I guess I can assume you meant good with that, but maybe not others, and I worry that this 'others' might be some mod or something.

It was a light hearted comment. 

 

rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post

lol sounds like what I'm used to with them.

 

Damn! I thought we has the same speed internet?

 

Yes it is. I had to do that 300 times a day, every day almost a year ago. I don't remember how to now though. >_<

 

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Why the hell would you be looking at your monitor from that angle? It works perfectly fine for looking straight on!

I know right. I can't remember how to do it either but I have many times

 


 

 

E12 is pretty

 

But I'm wondering if FiiO is comming up with a new iPod standard or something?

 

One of the best parts of the FiiO line was how well it worked together with each other. With the E11, E7, E17, E07K. The L9 LOD will very easily and efficently fit so that it has a nice design. The cable didn't need to be forced. Everything was good

 

But with the E12, the L9 barely works with it. You can strap your iPod either on the front face(with FiiO logo) or the back face (with Mont Blanc).

 

I tried both. Both barely work. Strapping it on the FiiO logo side makes it so that the L9 blocks the headphone out port. Strapping it on Mont Blanc side makes it so I have to bend the cable a lot.

 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tbjirm3g7oc5axh/jLMFe3UZcG

post #49572 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

E12 is pretty

 

But I'm wondering if FiiO is comming up with a new iPod standard or something?

 

One of the best parts of the FiiO line was how well it worked together with each other. With the E11, E7, E17, E07K. The L9 LOD will very easily and efficently fit so that it has a nice design. The cable didn't need to be forced. Everything was good

 

But with the E12, the L9 barely works with it. You can strap your iPod either on the front face(with FiiO logo) or the back face (with Mont Blanc).

 

I tried both. Both barely work. Strapping it on the FiiO logo side makes it so that the L9 blocks the headphone out port. Strapping it on Mont Blanc side makes it so I have to bend the cable a lot.

 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tbjirm3g7oc5axh/jLMFe3UZcG

Nice~

 

is that a 1st gen iPod touch?

post #49573 of 156214

Well, I'm back from eating a bag of popcorn with chopsticks. Didn't want my hands to get oily. rolleyes.gif

 

lol It's weird. Whenever I'm done reading/watching a masterpiece, I watch it ~20 times over right after. After that, I don't touch it :p well it's been some time since I've touched gundam wing/GW: Endless Waltz, so I'll probably see that soon :p

post #49574 of 156214
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Nice~

 

is that a 1st gen iPod touch?

2nd Generation.

 

tongue.gif

 

Time to get some karma

post #49575 of 156214

Kotoura-san ep 2 wasn't bad, I think I'll like this series. tongue.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge