Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3302

post #49516 of 149773
Wow, not much to quote....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Aww. I was excited for ep 2 tomorrow
Glad you liked that a lot as well smily_headphones1.gif
Wont ths speakers get damaged from cold?
Yeah, I was sad as well...
No...? They're car speakers, And much like most other car speakers, they're made to withstand temperature extremes... It's -7C overnight right now (approximately) and my car speakers are fine wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

mass produced ones, if you want to batch produce them then cutting is the way to go.

Really...? I saw it...... and the BG isn't white.

I thought 3d printers' resolution is not enough for the groves.....
DO IT BORISU!!!!! Make some vinyl!
post #49517 of 149773
Hmm, did some measurements for Nami-chan and my beyer gel-pad'd CAL, and it's kind of interesting. Measurement kit based on this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/618659/fostex-t50rp-incremental-mods-and-measurements#post_8535326 (just scroll upwards a bit to see what I mean, the measurement kit is at the tail end of post #1. The first post is hellishly long, so I did the next sensible thing and link post #2.)
post #49518 of 149773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Hmm, did some measurements for Nami-chan and my beyer gel-pad'd CAL, and it's kind of interesting. Measurement kit based on this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/618659/fostex-t50rp-incremental-mods-and-measurements#post_8535326 (just scroll upwards a bit to see what I mean, the measurement kit is at the tail end of post #1. The first post is hellishly long, so I did the next sensible thing and link post #2.)
so how did they measure?
post #49519 of 149773
Interesting. I'm trying to make sense of it still and am looking at BMF's own measurements. Not that I have anything in common with him.
post #49520 of 149773
Just added my phone number to both of my Google accounts. I feel kinda like I'd sold my soul to the devil, but lately I've been seeing the "suspicious activity" warnings a bit. And better safe than sorry... ;_;
post #49521 of 149773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Maintaining and playing records is definitely a pain in the ass compared to digital, but it's more fun to me. Not necessarily from a sound perspective, but from the thrill of finding and playing a really hard to find record you've been looking for that was made when your parents were still in school... It's fun to me!
That, and I "grew up" listening to vinyl. Not that I listened to music often, but when I did, it was through vinyl or an 8 track player! Haha, fond memories of those as well...
I found my first classic rock album on 8 track actually when I was ~5...
Ah, the simple times...
Well, it seems I have a condition similar to Jgray's where I ramble on when I'm tired....
Oyasumi.

It's probably easier to find those kinda stuff (rare/old records) in the states, don't think nearly as many people in my town share the same hobby due to availability.

*searches 8 track*

OH THIS. I've seen this before but never used one. Same for vinyl :<

My dad was really into audio as well, but mainly in the form of CDs and cassettes. For audio, I think the most 'exotic' thing we own is the gigantic laser disc. And then there's that one size down, size right between LD and CD.

 

Don't we all? ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


This what is called samefacing. (arigatou deadly-sama)

Totally understand what you meant by the flower shop dude now after checking out the first episode lol.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

/skip

I'll take this opportunity to showcase my new wallet.
My old one was tattered and full of holes for over 2 years now, and I finally decided to buy a new one.

The build and print quality are decent. Only bad thing about it is that the coin compartment is both rather small and not sealed off properly, making it too easy for coins to roll out when you don't want it, and too difficult to get the coins out when you do want it.

Tadaah!



omg nice >_<

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Interesting. I'm trying to make sense of it still and am looking at BMF's own measurements. Not that I have anything in common with him.

Do your waterfall/decay graphs make sense? I never see any significant ringing in mines and find it weird. Thus never posting them.

Except for the low bass due to background noise and all in my room.

post #49522 of 149773
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

For a second I thought you meant that you actually had one. tongue.gif

 

I don't interact with people much to get close to them, thus I have never yet in any relationship except for friends

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post


good lighting... you mean pitch black? lol

 

Otaku life FTW! :D

 

Yeah, first solo in a week or two. :D

 

lol that was two years ago... I have a whole different house now. Much better and even bigger :D

Dark doesn't hurt my eyes. In fact, I like the dark with a screen better than light with a screen. lol

 

Well, it works that way. And different from TVs, Projectors doesn't hurt as much when watched in darkness

 

YES!!!

 

Ooooooh.... So jelly....

 

I see. Probably because my eyes have a higher ISO (means higher light sensitivity, in camera lingo). That's why I can see much better than a normal person in the dark. The downside is my eyes hurt from any flare or bright light

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ah... projectors are nice.... wish I could afford a decent one.

which model do you have?

 

That was really the best part of the entire anime IMO.....

 

Hmm... It doesn't justify just yet. I have to watch it if it's good or not, using a lower quality *GASP!*

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

/skip

I'll take this opportunity to showcase my new wallet.
My old one was tattered and full of holes for over 2 years now, and I finally decided to buy a new one.

The build and print quality are decent. Only bad thing about it is that the coin compartment is both rather small and not sealed off properly, making it too easy for coins to roll out when you don't want it, and too difficult to get the coins out when you do want it.

Tadaah!



 

Is it leather?

post #49523 of 149773
@kalbee, I think I have severe background noise problem since my waterfall graphs doesn't make any sense. It doesn't stop ringing even past 600ms. BTW are you using the same measurement setup as BMF? I'm using the same thing, but I think it's kind of better without his tea tin phantom power, since supposedly most laptops nowadays have its own.
post #49524 of 149773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@kalbee, I think I have severe background noise problem since my waterfall graphs doesn't make any sense. It doesn't stop ringing even past 600ms. BTW are you using the same measurement setup as BMF? I'm using the same thing, but I think it's kind of better without his tea tin phantom power, since supposedly most laptops nowadays have its own.


You mean like this, on the right?

On the left was part of my first series of measurements. On the right is more recent.

I don't know what changed here. Slight changes in mic/headphone placement will make variance (like in the FR itself as seen above) but the noise floor seems to have just climbed up like crazy. The low freq is normal, it's background noise.

 

Hm... if anything, I changed cables (to longer but supposedly better quality ones). Don't remember if the graph on the left was done with MIC IN or LINE IN, but the new one is LINE IN without a doubt. Probably need to recalibrate sound card.

 

I don't think my laptop has phantom power, so I need the tin box.

post #49525 of 149773
Just for fun, and more like not knowing what I'm doing, this is a measurement. I just stuck my mics in my ear without any headphones on.



Hmm.

@kalbee, yeah smth like that.
post #49526 of 149773
Oh and I calibrated my soundcard using mic in. Dunno if that's the right procedure or not.
post #49527 of 149773
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

mass produced ones, if you want to batch produce them then cutting is the way to go.

 

Really...? I saw it...... and the BG isn't white.

 

I thought 3d printers' resolution is not enough for the groves.....

Pics please. I want to see this supposed not-white-BG

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

I don't interact with people much to get close to them, thus I have never yet in any relationship except for friends

 

Well, it works that way. And different from TVs, Projectors doesn't hurt as much when watched in darkness

 

YES!!!

 

Ooooooh.... So jelly....

 

I see. Probably because my eyes have a higher ISO (means higher light sensitivity, in camera lingo). That's why I can see much better than a normal person in the dark. The downside is my eyes hurt from any flare or bright light

lol same here. I find it's too much work. -__-

 

Not really? lol

 

jelly of what? lol

 

lol I got the ISO w/o  the explaination.
My eyes work great in the dark... and when my eyes are adjusted, even a small dim light hurts. lol

post #49528 of 149773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

/skip

I'll take this opportunity to showcase my new wallet.
My old one was tattered and full of holes for over 2 years now, and I finally decided to buy a new one.

The build and print quality are decent. Only bad thing about it is that the coin compartment is both rather small and not sealed off properly, making it too easy for coins to roll out when you don't want it, and too difficult to get the coins out when you do want it.

Tadaah!



That is nice. I would want an anime wallet but whatever. My current one was a gift and its from BOSS. Yess. Asian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Is anyone watching GJ-bu this season?

I'm liking it quite a bit, check it out if you like seitokai no ichizon or that kinda show biggrin.gif
What is GJ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Wow, not much to quote....
Yeah, I was sad as well...
No...? They're car speakers, And much like most other car speakers, they're made to withstand temperature extremes... It's -7C overnight right now (approximately) and my car speakers are fine wink.gif
DO IT BORISU!!!!! Make some vinyl!
9oh i see
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

I don't interact with people much to get close to them, thus I have never yet in any relationship except for friends




Well, it works that way. And different from TVs, Projectors doesn't hurt as much when watched in darkness

YES!!!

Ooooooh.... So jelly....

I see. Probably because my eyes have a higher ISO (means higher light sensitivity, in camera lingo). That's why I can see much better than a normal person in the dark. The downside is my eyes hurt from any flare or bright light





Hmm... It doesn't justify just yet. I have to watch it if it's good or not, using a lower quality *GASP!*





Is it leather?
Have confidence
post #49529 of 149773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post

lol same here. I find it's too much work. -__-

 

Not really? lol

 

jelly of what? lol

 

lol I got the ISO w/o  the explaination.
My eyes work great in the dark... and when my eyes are adjusted, even a small dim light hurts. lol

 

Seriously. And I thought I was pretty anti-social in here LOL

 

That's what I think since with projectors, you are seeing "reflected" light *not sure what to say really) instead of lights pointing directly to your eyes. So I guess it lowers a bit

 

Jelly of you getting a flying licence of course...

 

Well, some don't though. That happens. Though not the latter part.

 

This seems interesting.

http://www.decibullz.com/accessories/

 

It's a cheap earmold. Not sure if it's good or not though. Or if it even fits. But a slight modification should do justice. And hey, for $10, what do you have to lose right?

post #49530 of 149773
Not sure how many of you guys care but I will be receiving the E12 tonight. Ill put pics up.

It is launching in a few weeks. But with limited availability. Full availability will be in March.

Ill keep you guys updated.

New toy syndrome here i come
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge