Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3300

post #49486 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by
EveTan
 
go_quote.gif


Deadly----> DIO 0:51
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19471102 :3

I'm glad I didn't watch that last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

@turntables
I'd definitely get one after I figured out how to cut my own gramophone records with a laser cutter in uni biggrin.gif
Should be pretty easy in theory....

I don't think they'll sound very good, the heat of the laser will just deform all the delicate ridges you're trying to make. tongue.gif


Strange dream, I was shooting street in Japan where suddenly, Jgray appeared out of nowhere and asked me to help him with helping Eve move into her new apartment. I remember carrying lots of heavy audio gear, and thinkging " what the hell, doesn't she only use CIEMs?".

I don't know how you two look like IRL, so it's funny how my brain flashed your avatars and head-fi usernames (I could only see your silhouettes the whole time), that's how I knew it was you two.

No, there was nothing naughty unfortunately. Besides, I'm not thaaat perverted. wink.gif


Time for breakfast, at 6PM, ciao.
weird dream...
post #49487 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Good luck getting any sort of quality! If you do, cut me a vinyl version of the saya soundtrack, will ya? :P


Technically... it's better than cutting with a needle.
we have zero mechanical distortion.

power of the laser can be easily moderated with an electronic signal.

post #49488 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Good luck getting any sort of quality! If you do, cut me a vinyl version of the saya soundtrack, will ya? :P


Technically... it's better than cutting with a needle.

we have zero mechanical distortion.
power of the laser can be easily moderated with an electronic signal.
Then how does it melt the vinyl to begin with???
post #49489 of 156115
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Technically... it's better than cutting with a needle.
we have zero mechanical distortion.

power of the laser can be easily moderated with an electronic signal.

 

Vinyls are pressed to form all its ridges, I don't think its possible to use a laser to achieve the same effect.

post #49490 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

I'm glad I didn't watch that last night.

I don't think they'll sound very good, the heat of the laser will just deform all the delicate ridges you're trying to make. tongue.gif


Strange dream, I was shooting street in Japan where suddenly, Jgray appeared out of nowhere and asked me to help him with helping Eve move into her new apartment. I remember carrying lots of heavy audio gear, and thinkging " what the hell, doesn't she only use CIEMs?".

I don't know how you two look like IRL, so it's funny how my brain flashed your avatars and head-fi usernames (I could only see your silhouettes the whole time), that's how I knew it was you two.

No, there was nothing naughty unfortunately. Besides, I'm not thaaat perverted. wink.gif


Time for breakfast, at 6PM, ciao.
Damn, sounds like an epic dream...
I had some sort of pre-dream involving some people on here.. I don't remember who or what it was, but nothing bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


Technically... it's better than cutting with a needle.

we have zero mechanical distortion.
power of the laser can be easily moderated with an electronic signal.
Hmm, like I said, gambatte!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Then how does it melt the vinyl to begin with???
Heat from 2 plates that have a master copy of the record pressing against a hockey puck sized vinyl piece with X0,000 lbs of force (forgot how much exactly though)
post #49491 of 156115
post #49492 of 156115

Don't the studios record digitally anyway? So it's going Digital --> Analog in the first place.

I guess it does remove any software caused differences in sound but then again the record players must also play different from each other as well.

post #49493 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

LOL your spoiler kinda failed...

use this:

<span style="background-color:#fff; color:#fff;"><p> [Spoiler text] </p></span>

to get:

[Spoiler text]

 

Yes! Saya!!

How did my spoiler fail? It looks fine to me... Can't see it since it's on a white BG and I can't read the text from any angle....

 

Yes, Saya is the only person I'd need in a zombie apocalypse! But I think I'd get bored and long for a more action filled life like most people think zombie hordes should be, AKA my other list.

It'd be better than only having Saya to talk to for the rest of my life. (Granted only having Saya to talk to wouldn't be bad in any way. lol)

post #49494 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post

How did my spoiler fail? It looks fine to me... Can't see it since it's on a white BG and I can't read the text from any angle....

Yes, Saya is the only person I'd need in a zombie apocalypse! But I think I'd get bored and long for a more action filled life like most people think zombie hordes should be, AKA my other list.
It'd be better than only having Saya to talk to for the rest of my life. (Granted only having Saya to talk to wouldn't be bad in any way. lol)
Ugh, so many flaws in your logic I could point out right now (about saya), luckily I'm tired and not feeling like doing so. So oyasumi miina!
post #49495 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Don't the studios record digitally anyway? So it's going Digital --> Analog in the first place.
I guess it does remove any software caused differences in sound but then again the record players must also play different from each other as well.
Maintaining and playing records is definitely a pain in the ass compared to digital, but it's more fun to me. Not necessarily from a sound perspective, but from the thrill of finding and playing a really hard to find record you've been looking for that was made when your parents were still in school... It's fun to me!
That, and I "grew up" listening to vinyl. Not that I listened to music often, but when I did, it was through vinyl or an 8 track player! Haha, fond memories of those as well...
I found my first classic rock album on 8 track actually when I was ~5...
Ah, the simple times...
Well, it seems I have a condition similar to Jgray's where I ramble on when I'm tired....
Oyasumi.
post #49496 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Ugh, so many flaws in your logic I could point out right now (about saya), luckily I'm tired and not feeling like doing so. So oyasumi miina!


Like what?

 

I'm following Mech's lead. Oyasumi mina!

post #49497 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

I'm glad I didn't watch that last night.

I don't think they'll sound very good, the heat of the laser will just deform all the delicate ridges you're trying to make. tongue.gif


Strange dream, I was shooting street in Japan where suddenly, Jgray appeared out of nowhere and asked me to help him with helping Eve move into her new apartment. I remember carrying lots of heavy audio gear, and thinkging " what the hell, doesn't she only use CIEMs?".

I don't know how you two look like IRL, so it's funny how my brain flashed your avatars and head-fi usernames (I could only see your silhouettes the whole time), that's how I knew it was you two.

No, there was nothing naughty unfortunately. Besides, I'm not thaaat perverted. wink.gif


Time for breakfast, at 6PM, ciao.
Breakfast at 6? PM? You nocturnal deadly?!
post #49498 of 156115
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Breakfast at 6? PM? You nocturnal deadly?!

 

Yup.

post #49499 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Pretty sure Shinbo isn't directing though. So chances are a bit lower. 

Also the official site is sex: http://www.prism-nana.com/

The green mahou shoujo is from a rich, and maybe religious family, has a dark past and hsa a crazy grinning shadow in the promo site. Couple that with the usual visual flare from SHAFT, the monster arena that looks like the witch mazes in Madoka Magica and Eri Kitamura, I'm in. Just hoping that it's not too bland-mahou shoujo to shun me out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinghui0711 View Post

The character of tamato market looks extremely similar/almost the same to the K-ON!  ROFL

This what is called samefacing. (arigatou deadly-sama)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Finished Pretty Face a couple hours ago, it had a nice, yet unexpected ending. (Maybe I'm just really gullible. tongue.gif )

And now go watch usagi Drop, and then read the manga. Do not listen to bowei (or anybody else for that matter) when he (they) say don't do as I said, because it's amazing, if you follow my instructions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post


Strange dream, I was shooting street in Japan where suddenly, Jgray appeared out of nowhere and asked me to help him with helping Eve move into her new apartment. I remember carrying lots of heavy audio gear, and thinkging " what the hell, doesn't she only use CIEMs?".

I don't know how you two look like IRL, so it's funny how my brain flashed your avatars and head-fi usernames (I could only see your silhouettes the whole time), that's how I knew it was you two.

No, there was nothing naughty unfortunately. Besides, I'm not thaaat perverted. wink.gif


Time for breakfast, at 6PM, ciao.

Wish I can have dreams again, nightmares even. Too long since I had one that I can remember. ;_;
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

http://youtu.be/8rEmHkumWXI
I was kind of sad that there aren't many puns in this one, since that's the best thing in the How It's Made show. The hilarious facepalm-inducing puns.
post #49500 of 156115
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

@turntables
I'd definitely get one after I figured out how to cut my own gramophone records with a laser cutter in uni biggrin.gif
Should be pretty easy in theory....

Laser cutter, eh? I know it's been done with 3d printers, but with current technology, its density allows only the quality that Edison had during his experiments with recording sounds...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge