Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 7:39 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 5/8/13 at 1:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- How many hours straight can you wear a "comfortable" set of headphones? Last post on Today at 2:50 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Iphone to Matrix M-stage not sounding good: Amp, headphone or DAC? Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
Related Head Gear
This review is reposted from my blog: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/soundmagic-hp200-review.html Disclaimer: The HP200 was given to me by SoundMAGIC for this review. This...
Firstly let's get some things squared away: I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not...
The 90s have taken a while to grow on me. I found a deal for the L2s (champagne accents and cable) on AMZ Warehouse and pulled the trigger after becoming interested in JVC's dual-driver...
The DAC market is clearly exploding. Seems like every week or so we hear of a new model being launched. Many of them look quite nice, with good specs and plenty of features. Some...
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3263
Gear mentioned in this thread:
ah, thanks defqon!
Well, I guess it's decided folks... looks like I'm returning my z1000's :s not sure whether I'm happy or sad, but it'd seem that their response graph was all over the place.
^ah, nothing to do with cd900st, just looking for another phone
Edited by MrViolin - 1/13/13 at 9:46pm
Just finished a 9 episode marathon of Ghost stories, my head and chest hurt from laughing so hard. The BEST dub of all time!
If you consider Chase a member, then he's caucasian as well. So panthers is 3rd...
Haha, in that case, all of my friends have as well. Chase said the animation looked like something out of Yaoi and didn't seem interested in it..
Skipped 6xx pages... yikes. So much activity.
I've only seen one O2 and it might have been a custom case too. But that seems pretty big. Hope I can stack things over it.
I know. But as I've mentioned it in the T50RP thread before (I don't expect you to have read this, btw, don't worry): modifying headphones is not much different from modifying speakers. Headphones are just smaller and have the ear-side cavity to consider. The rest is identical. People putting fiberglass in speakers ----> people putting fiberglass in headphone cups. No difference aside from scale, yes?
Just that orthos/planars are more sensitive to modifications on the rear side of the driver/speaker unit so some things may or may not apply. Give you a general idea.
Ah, I understand what you mean, although I was thinking that possibly stuffing the "cabinet" would help with potential resonance and reduce the effin ringing. I'll check it out though.
600 pages?!!? Seriously?!?!
@Everyone who wants to read my main college essay
OBVIOUSLY it has been spiced up.
Dang, very nice essay! But that's your long essay? Holy crap, mine was about 3 pages...
Basically /b/ without the pr0nz
Dang, you're tall for your age, but you've still got a long way to go to catch up with me! :D
never heard of it? NANDATOOOOOOOOO?!?!??!?! Well, I don't think it's known outside of the Sony fan community... But really, they're supposed to be one of the flattest phones from what I've read. Made by Sony Music, but not Sony Entertainment, so I'd guess so. Standard in Japan recordings/broadcasting, but is exclusive to japan... well not really since there's amazon. Otherwise it's not in the US or anywhere. (amazon has them for ~200 atm although I think it's 150 in japan).
Flattest? Orly? Please show me some FR graphs, CSDs, and THD graphs...
Now you're looking for another headphone?
Would you like my totally unbiased recommendation?
Heh, doesn't look very flat to me...
Flatness is justice! Well, there should be a little bump up top and down below, but not too large
Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/13/13 at 9:58pm
Haven't seen you around in a while. :D:D
I've heard them briefly in Japan, the cd900st.
Forgettable at best.
I looked at the graph :s not so flat, I take that back. Should've said one of the more neutral? Iono >_<
No, you should have said it's a sony headphone. Then we could have all agreed with you :D
Probably, dem stax are pretty flat... http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/StaxSR507SE11049.pdf
But if I like flat sigs, does that mean I like lolis?
Holy crap... I just compared the SR007 graph to that of my mad dogs according to Inner Fidelity... http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersMadDogA.pdf
THD is slightly higher, but the square wave and impulse look better (unless I'm reading them wrong...)
Some form of T50RP.
Edited by mechgamer123 - 1/13/13 at 10:25pm
So which one have you chosen?
Chosen? Well all I'm doing now is waiting for my Frogbeats C4 to be made. That will probably mark the end of my purchases for a while. I really need to stop spending that much on audio. My budget used to be $100-200 a year ago. This summer it rose to $300 with the M100s and now I've reached the $1000 mark with my CIEM purchase.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 28 seconds ago
- › AKG K701 32 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › New Abyss planar magnetic headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 – 600ohm 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › New High End Custom-to-Universal IEM: StageDiver 3 4 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe