Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3143

post #47131 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Hmmmm.
That's bigger than average, but I see apples of around that size all the time.

its slightly bigger than the camera made it look. But then again, you are in the land of the fresh while I am in the land of the shipped goods.

post #47132 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

They never admited that their logic failed. I admited it. Which I have always done.

No joke when you said you were marathoning that!

But then again, I marathoned Infinite Ryvius(26 eps) in 2 business days.

In 2 days? Lol. That's not impressive at all. That's a regular marathon for 1 day. I plan to watch 38 episodes today.
post #47133 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


In 2 days? Lol. That's not impressive at all. That's a regular marathon for 1 day. I plan to watch 38 episodes today.

I wasn't going for impressive. I was going for me even able to do another marathon after all the ones I have done in my life. 

post #47134 of 111304

>_> more relaxed after a bottle of bear. lol. 

post #47135 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

65 freeleech tokens on what.. dafuq am I supposed to get......


Disclaimer: I most likely don't share some of my taste in music with most people around here and I'm not responsible for any tokens you feel you've wasted to get any of those albums.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

;-P

 

 

 

Earth - Hex; Or Printing In The Infernal Method

 

Drone Doom/Stoner/Post-Rock/Country

One of my favourite bands. On their previous album, Pentastar: In the Style Of Demons (also worth listening to, also because it has the only studio tracks with vocals), they started moving from noisy Drone Doom to cleaner, psychodelic Stoner. This one is even cleaner, moving the music even to the fields of Post-Rock and has kind of a Country vibe to it. However it still has its heavy, dark Doom/Stoner Metal foundation. It's just climatic.

As a friend of mine said about one of the tracks: "If Satan starred in a Western movie, this could be his theme song". ;-)

 

 

 

 

Nasum - Human 2.0

 

Grindcore

What to say? Considered one of the masterpieces of the genre, this may be a good starting point. However, Grind is Grind - certainly, such brutal and chaotic music just isn't for everyone.

Sadly, the band won't be releasing anything anymore since thir frontman, Mieszko Talarczyk, died in 2004 during vacation in Thailand. :-(

 

 

 

 

Abney Park - Lost Horizons


Darkwave/Synthpop/Goth/Steampunk

A rather interesting record. Steampunk is a small scene and none of the bands is really known, so there are some heally hidden gems in there. This band is one of them, if you ask me. Also, there is no "Steampunk" music as a genre - it's more of a scene with bands that are more or less similar with their image, lyrics and overall "climate". Not that far from let's say Visual kei, where we have from Pop Rock to Speed Metal grouped together.
But what is the album itself? It's based on Gothic Rock and Synthpop. However. the "steampunkishness" makes the band mix it - mostly with folk elements, but also soundtrack'y music ("Airship Pirates") or Dark Cabaret ("Herr Drossmeyer's Doll"). It actually makes an interesting combination and is not the end of their creativity...




Cattle Decapitation - Monolith Of Inhumanity


Deathgrind

One of my most recent findings. This album is supposedly their best and while I don't know the rest, this one surely makes it to my top of the year.
The album itself it's a fusion of Death Metal of the more technical side and Grindcore. I'm not really a fan of that, but while it has its worse moments, it doesn't bore me like many of the band's not-so-good peers. Vocals can be a turn-off for some, though.

Also, watch out if you decide to check it on YouTube. As most of you could tell from the title, "Forced Gender Reassignment" video is basically a gore flick and if I'm not mistaken, it should be banned from there. However, such things sometimes don't stop people from uploading it anyway...





Ephel Duath - The Painter's Palette


Jazz Metal/Fusion/Heavy Prog

Again, one of my favourite albums. It's a great mixture of the heavier flavour of Progressive Metal and Jazz, but not only: The harsh (there are clean ones, too) vocals are more core'ish and the drums often play things usually associated with IDM and other kinds of "crazy" electronics.
Frankly, this is one of the few albums I'd actually call flawless.




Sick Of It All - Nonstop (or XXV Nonstop, depending on the source)


NYC Hardcore

OK, I know some of you may not like listening to compilations, and this is one of them. And not only that - all songs are re-recordings. While it can be considered almost a blasphemy by a few people, I actually like it.
The band plays New York Hardcore and is one of the most classic ones from the scene. Nothing less, nothing more.




Devin Townsend - Ziltoid The Omnicient


Progressive Metal/Rock Opera

OK, this one is REALLY interesting. What would you say about a sci-fi Rock (or Metal) Opera about... Ziltoid The Omnicient, an alien overlord coming to Earth requesting an "Ultimate Cup Of Coffee". After tasting it, he calls it "fetid" and declares a war on Earth. Already interested? What if I tell you it's a great showcase of superb musicianship, songwiting, humour and eclecticness?
GET IT!

 

 

 

 

Dr. Steel - The Dr. Steel Collection


Rap/Industrial/Ragtime/Steampunk

Yet another steampunk artist (and another compilation), but this time one that bases his works on Rap/Hip-Hop instead of Gothic Rock. However he combines it with a bit of Industrial, some Ragtime and Dark Cabaret. Also, his musical persona is VERY interesting: somewhere between a dictator and mad genius like ones being the villians in James Bond movies.
One upon a time, he worked in a toy factory and was very proud of his creations. However, his designs weren't to the liking of stupid factory bosses and they fired the Good Doctor. As he took his revange, bombing the place, he had a vision. A vision of conquering the world with his toy army, uniting it and building an Utopian Playground. Will you help him? 

 

 

 

 

Kvelertak - Kvelertak


Black'n'Roll/Hardcore

Some time ago, Tilpo asked me for some "distorted Rock". Honestly, this would kinda fit and I regret I haven't tried it back then.
What is it? Black Metal mixed with Punk/Hardcore with a hint of Rock'n'Roll. And the black metal part is mostly in harsh vocals and some viking-like melodies. This album is pure fun, energy, ass-kicking and moshpit. TRY IT!

 

 

 

 

 


Om - Advaitic Songs


Psychodelic/Stoner Doom Metal

This one was quite a surprise. The band had its own style, based on a trance'y combination of bass, drums and voice. With their slow, floydish, oriental and even meditational songs they became one of my most loved bands and suddenly... they expanded. Often it's a good thing, and here?
Well... I have mixed feelings - they don't sound the same. If you ask me, they were build around this minimalism and trance-inducing low end... And while they aren't that far from that, it just sounds like a drastic change for me and some other fans.
But does it make the music bad? No way, it's probably my AOTY...

 

Oh, and if you want some more classic Om, listen to At Giza from Conference Of The Birds or the album Variations On A Theme...

 

 

 

 

 

What We Feel - Our 14 Words


Hardcore

Some of my other recent finds. A Russian antifa (the title itself is kind of an answer for the nazi slogan of 14 words) Hardcore band. Looks like it's some side-project of some musicians from their anti-nazi scene. Tried it out of curiosity and quickly started to like it. One of the reasons is that the album has lots of guests and some covers, so while it's mostly a HC album, it features some different subgenres (some classical HC, some more melodic one, some Oi/Street Punk etc.) and not only - it even has full-fledeged Rap tracks because they feature Moscow Death Squad and some other underground rappers I don't remember now. Worth checking if there are any fans of Hardcore...

 

 

 

 

And I could go on and on... But maybe not at the moment... ;-)


Edited by Accoun - 1/2/13 at 1:46pm
post #47136 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post


Disclaimer: I most likely don't share some of my taste in music with most people around here and I'm not responsible for any tokens you feel you've wasted to get any of those albums.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

;-P

 

 

 

Earth - Hex; Or Printing In The Infernal Method

 

Drone Doom/Stoner/Post-Rock/Country

One of my favourite bands. On their previous album, Pentastar: In the Style Of Demons (also worth listening to, also because it has the only studio tracks with vocals), they started moving from noisy Drone Doom to cleaner, psychodelic Stoner. This one is even cleaner, moving the music even to the fields of Post-Rock and has kind of a Country vibe to it. However it still has its heavy, dark Doom/Stoner Metal foundation. It's just climatic.

As a friend of mine said about one of the tracks: "If Satan starred in a Western movie, this could be his theme song". ;-)

 

 

 

 

Nasum - Human 2.0

 

Grindcore

What to say? Considered one of the masterpieces of the genre, this may be a good starting point. However, Grind is Grind - certainly, such brutal and chaotic music just isn't for everyone.

Sadly, the band won't be releasing anything anymore since thir frontman, Mieszko Talarczyk, died in 2004 during vacation in Thailand. :-(

 

 

 

 

Abney Park - Lost Horizons


Darkwave/Synthpop/Goth/Steampunk

A rather interesting record. Steampunk is a small scene and none of the bands is really known, so there are some heally hidden gems in there. This band is one of them, if you ask me. Also, there is no "Steampunk" music as a genre - it's more of a scene with bands that are more or less similar with their image, lyrics and overall "climate". Not that far from let's say Visual kei, where we have from Pop Rock to Speed Metal grouped together.
But what is the album itself? It's based on Gothic Rock and Synthpop. However. the "steampunkishness" makes the band mix it - mostly with folk elements, but also soundtrack'y music ("Airship Pirates") or Dark Cabaret ("Herr Drossmeyer's Doll"). It actually makes an interesting combination and is not the end of their creativity...




Cattle Decapitation - Monolith Of Inhumanity


Deathgrind

One of my most recent findings. This album is supposedly their best and while I don't know the rest, this one surely makes it to my top of the year.
The album itself it's a fusion of Death Metal of the more technical side and Grindcore. I'm not really a fan of that, but while it has its worse moments, it doesn't bore me like many of the band's not-so-good peers. Vocals can be a turn-off for some, though.

Also, watch out if you decide to check it on YouTube. As most of you could tell from the title, "Forced Gender Reassignment" video is basically a gore flick and if I'm not mistaken, it should be banned from there. However, such things sometimes don't stop people from uploading it anyway...





Ephel Duath - The Painter's Palette


Jazz Metal/Fusion/Heavy Prog

Again, one of my favourite albums. It's a great mixture of the heavier flavour of Progressive Metal and Jazz, but not only: The harsh (there are clean ones, too) vocals are more core'ish and the drums often play things usually associated with IDM and other kinds of "crazy" electronics.
Frankly, this is one of the few albums I'd actually call flawless.




Sick Of It All - Nonstop (or XXV Nonstop, depending on the source)


NYC Hardcore

OK, I know some of you may not like listening to compilations, and this is one of them. And not only that - all songs are re-recordings. While it can be considered almost a blasphemy by a few people, I actually like it.
The band plays New York Hardcore and is one of the most classic ones from the scene. Nothing less, nothing more.




Devin Townsend - Ziltoid The Omnicient


Progressive Metal/Rock Opera

OK, this one is REALLY interesting. What would you say about a sci-fi Rock (or Metal) Opera about... Ziltoid The Omnicient, an alien overlord coming to Earth requesting an "Ultimate Cup Of Coffee". After tasting it, he calls it "fetid" and declares a war on Earth. Already interested? What if I tell you it's a great showcase of superb musicianship, songwiting, humour and eclecticness?
GET IT!

 

 

 

 

Dr. Steel - The Dr. Steel Collection


Rap/Industrial/Ragtime/Steampunk

Yet another steampunk artist (and another compilation), but this time one that bases his works on Rap/Hip-Hop instead of Gothic Rock. However he combines it with a bit of Industrial, some Ragtime and Dark Cabaret. Also, his musical persona is VERY interesting: somewhere between a dictator and mad genius like ones being the villians in James Bond movies.
One upon a time, he worked in a toy factory and was very proud of his creations. However, his designs weren't to the liking of stupid factory bosses and they fired the Good Doctor. As he took his revange, bombing the place, he had a vision. A vision of conquering the world with his toy army, uniting it and building an Utopian Playground. Will you help him? 

 

 

 

 

Kvelertak - Kvelertak


Black'n'Roll/Hardcore

Some time ago, Tilpo asked me for some "distorted Rock". Honestly, this would kinda fit and I regret I haven't tried it back then.
What is it? Black Metal mixed with Punk/Hardcore with a hint of Rock'n'Roll. And the black metal part is mostly in harsh vocals and some viking-like melodies. This album is pure fun, energy, ass-kicking and moshpit. TRY IT!

 

 

 

 

 


Om - Advaitic Songs


Psychodelic/Stoner Doom Metal

This one was quite a surprise. The band had its own style, based on a trance'y combination of bass, drums and voice. With their slow, floydish, oriental and even meditational songs they became one of my most loved bands and suddenly... they expanded. Often it's a good thing, and here?
Well... I have mixed feelings - they don't sound the same. If you ask me, they were build around this minimalism and trance-inducing low end... And while they aren't that far from that, it just sounds like a drastic change for me and some other fans.
But does it make the music bad? No way, it's probably my AOTY...

 

Oh, and if you want some more classic Om, listen to At Giza from Conference Of The Birds or the album Variations On A Theme...

 

 

 

 

 

What We Feel - Our 14 Words


Hardcore

Some of my other recent finds. A Russian antifa (the title itself is kind of an answer for the nazi slogan of 14 words) Hardcore band. Looks like it's some side-project of some musicians from their anti-nazi scene. Tried it out of curiosity and quickly started to like it. One of the reasons is that the album has lots of guests and some covers, so while it's mostly a HC album, it features some different subgenres (some classical HC, some more melodic one, some Oi/Street Punk etc.) and not only - it even has full-fledeged Rap tracks because they feature Moscow Death Squad and some other underground rappers I don't remember now. Worth checking if there are any fans of Hardcore...

 

 

 

 

And I could go on and on... But maybe not at the moment... ;-)

what did you just list ?

 

Edit: oh, a music list. lol.

post #47137 of 111304
Fuwaaah.

Finished Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

Hmmm. 10/10. Let's leave it at that.
post #47138 of 111304
Now for Fumoffu.


And the OVA of the Second Raid.
post #47139 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post


Disclaimer: I most likely don't share some of my taste in music with most people around here and I'm not responsible for any tokens you feel you've wasted to get any of those albums. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
;-P

Yay! Doctor Steel.

Get's boring after a time though.
post #47140 of 111304
Quad posting like a boss.
post #47141 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Now for Fumoffu.
And the OVA of the Second Raid.

I think Fumoffu was just a side story/messing around >_> not much action

 

As for Heroic Age, I find it interesting that the silvers say they don't have emotions even though the do...


Edited by MrViolin - 1/2/13 at 1:59pm
post #47142 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

I think Fumoffu was just a side story/messing around >_> not much action


I know what it is. Not that I care.

It's KyoAni, and that's all that counts at this point.
post #47143 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I know :)

 

It is not JUST 1.1. It is the even more updated Blu Ray release which is 1.11 with even more revamps.(tiny bit more)

At least you were honest with yourself unlike any of us here on what we wished to do and what we actually did

 

 

 

 

WARNING, DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN PUELLA MADOKA MAGICA ...SOMETHING.

http://imgur.com/a/6P3m2

 

It is of a very nice and cool Ultimate Madoka figurine unboxing and pictures. I found this to be a very nice looking one.

I like how they title it: Ultimate Madoka

post #47144 of 111304

I've just thought about it >_> is it hard to read a sino tibetan language?  It'd seem so...

post #47145 of 111304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Hmmm.
Does this one have actual new songs, or is it just recycling again?

 

new songs

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

YESS!!! BUT..free leach is over

 

 

FL tokens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Yup. Sort of couldn't find anything that caught my attention after that.

 

One thing that's neat about most of the singers though is that they're fluent in a few languages.

 

and theyre super pretty

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge