Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3135

post #47011 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Why is it so inactive around here?
Just got back, went to a friends house for the day. His family is strongly Catholic, and it was quite an experience to see how they prayed for a whole minute before eating. It wasn't weird or anything, I just never saw people actually do it.
I was raised in a strong catholic family. We used to do this all the time before meals. It is very interesting, and a bit awkward at restaurants and such.
But I've changed my ways now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I found quite a few ridiculous scholarship prompts. Three as of right now.
  1. The first one was open to "Germans from Russia, historical society essay"
  2. How Americans can learn from the recent revolution in Egypt
  3. Why Nuclear weapons are bad. The truth that schools didn't teach and how media has ignored the topic of nuclear weapons.

The first one I found a bit funny just. Obviously this prompt is in America because, obviously Germans in Russia wouldn't be a fun thing.

The second one isn't that bad from the initial prompt questions themselves. They just ask you to analyze the Egypt rebellion and insurrection lately and how it could apply to America. quite a good topic. But going to their website, makes matters go downhill. They are anti regime with their main focus on humanitarian aid. My essay would have been on the effects of American imperialism in the 70's and 80's in Egypt and how they were the ones to put the dictator up. They would have shot down my essay.

The third one was the worst. Becuase it claimed that the media in history to present has largely ignored nuclear weapons. I wonder what they think the dropping of nukes on Japan, Iran, Cold war, North Korea, China, Israel confclicts and many conflicts currently are heavily talking about. Their top winner last year was also quite bad.


This was the video. She largely was ignorant to the fact that you CAN'T, just reduce the stockpile of nukes and THEN get all the money ever invested into that pile that was reduced back into usable currency. It leaves to interpretation if she meant the 54 billion annually or the total. But the scenes after it imply that she means the approx 3.5 trillion that the U.S would have gotten back. 54 billion can barely do anything. Humanitiarian aid to other countries given by the U.S is about 20-30 billion set each year. It can help but not too too much. 
Heh, our "broken" education system, huh? This is why the extremely far left (and far right) individuals in American politics piss me off...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

My parents bought me that bike because a car was too dangerous....yep.
Logic... Who needs it? tongue.gif
Finished code geass R2 today... 11/10
post #47012 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


I was raised in a strong catholic family. We used to do this all the time before meals. It is very interesting, and a bit awkward at restaurants and such.
But I've changed my ways now...
Heh, our "broken" education system, huh? This is why the extremely far left (and far right) individuals in American politics piss me off...
Logic... Who needs it? tongue.gif
Finished code geass R2 today... 11/10

Changed your ways? Edumacation?

 

I saw that as interesting too. I wouldn't call it broken. Just non-competetive. Non-interactive, non thought provoking system.

 

YESSS!!

post #47013 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Changed your ways? Edumacation?

I saw that as interesting too. I wouldn't call it broken. Just non-competetive. Non-interactive, non thought provoking system.

YESSS!!
Haha, that blasted science contradicting god, making more sense and stuff!!!
I also heard that the majority of other first world countries don't provide an education of 13 years to everyone. That is one of the reasons why our standards are "lower" because it's required...
post #47014 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Haha, that blasted science contradicting god, making more sense and stuff!!!
I also heard that the majority of other first world countries don't provide an education of 13 years to everyone. That is one of the reasons why our standards are "lower" because it's required...

God.

 

He is a noun. Do not talk against the good lord or he will strike you down.

 

Meh.

 

Otasumi miina.

post #47015 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

God.

He is a noun. Do not talk against the good lord or he will strike you down.

Meh.

Otasumi miina.
That kind of idiocy is what put me off about religion. Oyasumi.
post #47016 of 153943
Chapter 75! I'm gonna get to 100 before 12... I must... 100 chapters in a day! xD
post #47017 of 153943
lunch today biggrin.gif
post #47018 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

lunch today biggrin.gif
Yum!
post #47019 of 153943

Couldn't go to sleep... as for Heroic Age, I thought it'd be the classic love/hate triangle

 

wait... it feels like they reused tracks from Gundam Seed/Destiny. Feels like Seed + Star Wars + random stuff idk 


Edited by MrViolin - 1/1/13 at 9:32pm
post #47020 of 153943
Woot! 100 Chapters in 23 hours!!! Including my 4 hours of sleep! biggrin.gif
post #47021 of 153943
This took me a whole second to before I burst out laughing like a maniac. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. Slightly NSFW (Click to show)
post #47022 of 153943
post #47023 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Yum!
Oh yeah! It was good, but also cost a lot... Guess that's what I get for being in a small town with very few Asians... *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

This took me a whole second to before I burst out laughing like a maniac. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. Slightly NSFW (Click to show)
Hmm, the image preview on the top right corner of the page pretty much destroys the point of putting it in a spoiler and saying its NSFW... Also, that would just be creepy... When you open your fridge, you'd be left with the head and neck of mami staring at you while you get out last night's takeout. I also think the other pic was more NSFW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

See previous comments...
I also went to your blog tonight and read through some of your posts, including the head-fi in review post you made, and I must say I really like your posts. I have to agree with everything you said. Especially about the T50RP. I dont have any plans to make a direct upgrade from the T50RP until probably after college, since I'm sure I will be utterly broke every moment of my college existence... Didn't know the GR08 was going to use a planar driver, but I'm interested now! I can't really say I'm totally flattered with the GR07, and I'll probably be doing more portable listening when I'm in college...
And on topic, I've been rewatching steins;gate with a friend. Got to episode 22 tonight. Awesome anime overload FTw! Also watched kore wa zombie desu ka.... Not sure what to think of that....
Hopefully I can finish toradora by tomorrow and then start on something else, though I'm not sure what yet... Suggestions?
post #47024 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Hmm, the image preview on the top right corner of the page pretty much destroys the point of putting it in a spoiler and saying its NSFW... Also, that would just be creepy... When you open your fridge, you'd be left with the head and neck of mami staring at you while you get out last night's takeout. I also think the other pic was more NSFW.

I also went to your blog tonight and read through some of your posts, including the head-fi in review post you made, and I must say I really like your posts. I have to agree with everything you said. Especially about the T50RP. I dont have any plans to make a direct upgrade from the T50RP until probably after college, since I'm sure I will be utterly broke every moment of my college existence... Didn't know the GR08 was going to use a planar driver, but I'm interested now! I can't really say I'm totally flattered with the GR07, and I'll probably be doing more portable listening when I'm in college...
And on topic, I've been rewatching steins;gate with a friend. Got to episode 22 tonight. Awesome anime overload FTw! Also watched kore wa zombie desu ka.... Not sure what to think of that....
Hopefully I can finish toradora by tomorrow and then start on something else, though I'm not sure what yet... Suggestions?

That's the joke....
Why thank you beerchug.gif

(Re)Start NGE? I still haven't watched any of it at all, and honestly I really don't want to watch the TV series at all. At all. Is there some recap movies I can watch?

I'm thinking of starting steins;gates myself. Also broke down and got commie's nekomonogatari ep. 1 and 2.
post #47025 of 153943
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

That's the joke....
Why thank you beerchug.gif
(Re)Start NGE? I still haven't watched any of it at all, and honestly I really don't want to watch the TV series at all. At all. Is there some recap movies I can watch?
I'm thinking of starting steins;gates myself. Also broke down and got commie's nekomonogatari ep. 1 and 2.
Can't help you with NGE, never saw it...
I'd recommend watching steins gate though, horrible subs just released a 720p BD version not too long ago... That way you can get the whole divergence ratio thing that they talk about in the description for robotics notes...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge