or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3134

post #46996 of 158465

I found quite a few ridiculous scholarship prompts. Three as of right now.

 

  1. The first one was open to "Germans from Russia, historical society essay"
  2. How Americans can learn from the recent revolution in Egypt
  3. Why Nuclear weapons are bad. The truth that schools didn't teach and how media has ignored the topic of nuclear weapons.

 

The first one I found a bit funny just. Obviously this prompt is in America because, obviously Germans in Russia wouldn't be a fun thing.

 

The second one isn't that bad from the initial prompt questions themselves. They just ask you to analyze the Egypt rebellion and insurrection lately and how it could apply to America. quite a good topic. But going to their website, makes matters go downhill. They are anti regime with their main focus on humanitarian aid. My essay would have been on the effects of American imperialism in the 70's and 80's in Egypt and how they were the ones to put the dictator up. They would have shot down my essay.

 

The third one was the worst. Becuase it claimed that the media in history to present has largely ignored nuclear weapons. I wonder what they think the dropping of nukes on Japan, Iran, Cold war, North Korea, China, Israel confclicts and many conflicts currently are heavily talking about. Their top winner last year was also quite bad.

 

This was the video. She largely was ignorant to the fact that you CAN'T, just reduce the stockpile of nukes and THEN get all the money ever invested into that pile that was reduced back into usable currency. It leaves to interpretation if she meant the 54 billion annually or the total. But the scenes after it imply that she means the approx 3.5 trillion that the U.S would have gotten back. 54 billion can barely do anything. Humanitiarian aid to other countries given by the U.S is about 20-30 billion set each year. It can help but not too too much. 

post #46997 of 158465
You know what I should've done for my marathon and will be utterly hilarious (read mindf***): NGE.
post #46998 of 158465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

You know what I should've done for my marathon and will be utterly hilarious (read mindf***): NGE.

I marathoned that.
post #46999 of 158465
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

You know what I should've done for my marathon and will be utterly hilarious (read mindf***): NGE.

I'm currently doing one. 

 

Blu Ray Evangellion 1.11 You are Not Alone is currently heading to my house. This is revision 2. Will have it tomorrow by mail

 

I'm currently doing a marathon and movie watch. I watch the anime remaster episodes that match each movie. For example, movie 1 covers ep 1-7. So I first watch ep 1-7 in the anime remaster then watch the movie Blu Ray.

post #47000 of 158465

Best sci-fi guilty crown?

 

Need to check out evangelion, ghost in the shell, blue gender, ergo proxy, wolf's rain, outlaw star. . . 

post #47001 of 158465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post

Best sci-fi guilty crown?

 

Need to check out evangelion, ghost in the shell, blue gender, ergo proxy, wolf's rain, outlaw star. . . 

2012. It failed pretty dam hard. But none the less was one of the most impressive when it was impressive. 

 

I have seen all the ones you have listed. 

 

the one I liked best out of those was Ghost in the shell and Blue Gender. Blue gender was pretty dam good.

post #47002 of 158465

Blue Gender is the ****. Everyone watch it. :P

 

Oh the censorz. rolleyes.gif

post #47003 of 158465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post

Blue Gender is the ****. Everyone watch it. :P

 

Oh the censorz. rolleyes.gif

We get around that. Using the word Schiit. The only problem is that we will thus mess things up. We are the largest and most agregated thread on head-fi by bots. And schiit is a company that does headphone audio. And thus our prevelant use of that word will probably mess some stuff up.

 

Thankfully it isn't too bad. We only show up as recent mentions of Schiit. And not as some big thing.


Edited by bowei006 - 1/1/13 at 2:52pm
post #47004 of 158465

Lol.

5388_d81e.jpeg

post #47005 of 158465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Lol.

5388_d81e.jpeg

Is that really true?

post #47006 of 158465
I stayed up till dawn reading Ichigo 100%, and slept till dusk! eek.gif
post #47007 of 158465

Done with 8 hours of volunteering. 8 hours of stand. Wait no... 8 hrs 30 minutes of standing and 10 hours outa the house. Bloody hell.

 

Tripeace chapter 39. amazing. Must be adapted into anime !_! First day of the new year was ok. Odd year again. Feels weird. I'll get used to it. Chinatwon food in chicago. Delicious. At least the last time I was there. 

 

I'm exhausted. 7:30 though... think I'll just skip the rest of today or play violin then sleep. Saying you're active n doing almost nothing at Baka-Tsuki for a week. Ugh. So lazy. 

post #47008 of 158465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

I stayed up till dawn reading Ichigo 100%, and slept till dusk! eek.gif

Ain't no party like a seinein party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Done with 8 hours of volunteering. 8 hours of stand. Wait no... 8 hrs 30 minutes of standing and 10 hours outa the house. Bloody hell.

 

Tripeace chapter 39. amazing. Must be adapted into anime !_! First day of the new year was ok. Odd year again. Feels weird. I'll get used to it. Chinatwon food in chicago. Delicious. At least the last time I was there. 

 

I'm exhausted. 7:30 though... think I'll just skip the rest of today or play violin then sleep. Saying you're active n doing almost nothing at Baka-Tsuki for a week. Ugh. So lazy. 

 

what were you doing? Playing the Violin for fun?

post #47009 of 158465
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Ain't no party like a seinein party!

 

what were you doing? Playing the Violin for fun?

I was volunteering at a lego exhibit for a club. Was helping people find things and doing other things. Making copies, deconstructing buildings (which took forever, because the people that came by built a lot... flat piece + flat piece= pain), cleaning. Yes, play the violin for fun! It's fun man! Violin, and piano are the most versatile instruments and sound beautiful:3 Well, that's an opinion of course. Dang pandaman :/ wana get a bike like you, but parents are like naw, you fall and it's hasta la vista. But I'm fine w/ being safe. 

 

MMMMMMMMM. Ubel Blatt. So much naked women. They should change it to Woman Meister. 

 

Edit: minamoto-kun monogatari. Why does he blow it ): o wait. it's cause author is a genius. Plus it's 9 pages a week. GENIUS. 

 

When is mah trinity seven update ?! Hope the scan team doesn't have RL problems T_T

Feels like I've seen those marks in ch 109 of ubel blatt...
Edited by MrViolin - 1/1/13 at 5:46pm
post #47010 of 158465
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

I was volunteering at a lego exhibit for a club. Was helping people find things and doing other things. Making copies, deconstructing buildings (which took forever, because the people that came by built a lot... flat piece + flat piece= pain), cleaning. Yes, play the violin for fun! It's fun man! Violin, and piano are the most versatile instruments and sound beautiful:3 Well, that's an opinion of course. Dang pandaman :/ wana get a bike like you, but parents are like naw, you fall and it's hasta la vista. But I'm fine w/ being safe. 

 

MMMMMMMMM. Ubel Blatt. So much naked women. They should change it to Woman Meister. 

 

Edit: minamoto-kun monogatari. Why does he blow it ): o wait. it's cause author is a genius. Plus it's 9 pages a week. GENIUS. 

 

When is mah trinity seven update ?! Hope the scan team doesn't have RL problems T_T

Feels like I've seen those marks in ch 109 of ubel blatt...

My parents bought me that bike because a car was too dangerous....yep.

 

I love that manga.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge