- 10,037 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Selected Ambient Hype 85 - 92
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3123
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I shall go and search, after I finish my homework.
What kinda homework is that...?
like which subject?
Decided I'm done effing around with my MAL... I've already worked on this for over 10 hours....
Feel kinda bad for using part of other people's codes too, but I really don't feel like spending more time on this.....
This one will be spoiler-bound so just skip the whole post IMO if you care about the storyline.
The Serenity arc is chock full of sci-fi trope, especially when they finally found and went into the generation ship of the Serenity royal family lineage. A generation ship is itself a concept of space travel, aimed at sustaining generations of population inside its small nation-like interior when travelling from star system to star system in the absence of a faster-than-light travel method. Basically it's kind of like a space-travelling, one-way Noah's arc. Of course, directly connecting to the generation ship trope would be the gene banks of various organism such as livestock and humans. In this arc, they also show a few plausible ways of mobility in zero gravity condition in a near-vacuum atmosphere: using similar concept, I assume, to how the Dyson bladeless fans work.
Story-wise, this arc focuses on the political struggle of the Serenity royal lineage between two sisters: Gruier and Grunhilde. Without going too deep into it up to the point of telling it wholly here, I'll say that it's somewhat interesting for me, just because that it expands more about the in-show universe. I like lore like this and the narration of the lore at the start of each episode is something that I like since the beginning of the show's airing. In this arc, it's also shown how Marika develops from and aloof and air-headed high-school freshman into a capable captain. There's still some rough edges here and there, but with the help of her crew, she managed to overcome most problems. The progression feel a bit swift IMO, but it doesn't felt like it was rushed just to cram this whole arc in a 12-episode season.
The highlight of the arc is of course what they find in the generation ship itself: an artificial womb designed for the continuation of the Serenity lineage. That is to say that the Serenity lineage is custom-built, genetically, to be the perfect ruling family. But, I guess I'll just stop here for now.
Progress: Episode 12
Edited by jgray91 - 12/31/12 at 9:16am
Now I want to make some myself....
You said 'it's ok if you do your best!', or 'do your best well', and I wouldn't understand what you'd mean with either.
Shouldn't it be "it's ok to do your best" ?
The fritters, I don't see any mochi in the pic??
The mochi is the white stuff on the left. I made it in little balls and sprinkled it with coconut.
Hmmm, no. Because that would in any case be 'ganbatte koto ga ii yo'. 'ganbatte ii yo' doesn't really mean anything I think.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Dark Voice 339 2 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal CIEM Demo Tour - TENTATIVE 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 4 minutes ago
- › Youtube's Highest Streaming Quality? 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica ATH-RE700 advice needed! 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2