dat neon evangelion ending was... but then again budget cuts + depression w/ director = that
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah I can imagine. I saw the series 3-4 times in a year back when I was around 9 or 10. I remember everything being fine until the ending. I was so confused back then.
What are some artists you expressely remember from you childhood and adolescense that originated from an anime. We have all seen anime and liked some songs back when we were small. And found a band whose song was the shizz.
So what are the artists that have left that impression with you and where are they today?
FLOW because they were one of the first few Naruto OP artists but most importantly because their song DAYS was the OP for Eureka 7.
See-Saw because I loved Hack Sign and Gundam Seed of which they worked on some key songs in those.
Today FLOW is one of the most anime recognized artists. Having their songs featured in OP and ED of a plethora of anime. They are also popular in Japan. Outside of anime, they aren't too big in terms of American recognization. Over here, their name is generally tied to an anime.
See-Saw disbanded in 2005. The last key projects they worked with were Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Their participation in those two shows have netted Sea-Saw's signers spots on anime con's often. The first singer Chiaki, after the breakup had a song in Gundam 00 S2, Sengoku Basara, Gundam 00 Movie, Kamisama Dolls, and Bokurano. Her former co singer Yuki has had an even more impressive solo carrer after See-saw. She as a soloist went on to sign and get featured in My Otome, Tsubassa, My Otome Zwei, Fist of the north star, Pandora Hearts, Puella Magica, Fate/Zero, and Sword Art Online. She also provided some songs for Blood and Xenosaga.
Not really. I've only seen ghibli films before 2008...
They were dubbed too....
I guess "Kimi wo Nosete" by Joe Hisaishi ft. Azumi Inoue left me an impression...
(wtf all the original versions on youtube got muted......)
Edited by akiroz - 12/30/12 at 11:09pm
Entire OST for Vision of Escaflowne. First anime I ever watched. They had reruns on back when I was in 1st grade. So I guess Yoko Kanno and Maaya Sakamoto would be the ones that left a lasting impression.
And we all know where they ended up (Bebop, Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, etc, etc).
Not too fond of the art as of right now, prefer the movie art better.
I've seen the movie, not the TV series
What do you recommend? I forgot the movie.
The movie is quite a bit different from the TV series. In fact some pretty drastic re-characterizing. Art is VASTLY improved. And I mean night and day. Personally I like the movie better, but still a sentimental soft spot for the TV series, since it did take my anime virginity. Also like the OST a bit better.
Would suggest both. Different enough to warrant both a watch. I would start out with the series first, then realize how the movie polished up character design, themes, plot (original is a bit over the place), pretty much everything. Or just rewatch the movie if time's limiting and you just want the whole Escaflowne experience. Haven't watched it in a year, might do so again.
.......weird usage of word right there.
I'll just rewatch the movie :/
I'm watching Gundam Wing Endless Waltz BD Remaster right now.
I may watch the series again. Who knows :)
So many Nazi's in this movie *sigh*.
Can't stop laughing at this:
NOT SAFE FOR NON-OTAKU LIFE LOL (Click to show)
See you all in the New Year.
i don't get it?
As you are a Redditor, you must have seen THAT bag today.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 3 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 seconds ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Gustard U12 usb interface (AUS 230v) 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 3 minutes ago
- › Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? 4 minutes ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 5 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 5 minutes ago
- › What portable amp for DX90 and HD600? 8 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2