Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3120post #46786 of 9801512/30/12 at 8:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #46787 of 9801512/30/12 at 9:03pmpost #46788 of 9801512/30/12 at 9:05pmpost #46789 of 9801512/30/12 at 9:15pmpost #46791 of 9801512/30/12 at 9:32pm
Well, this year I was introduced to crap endings from a multitude of shows. RahXephon was one (of the few if there were others) with an exceptionally great ending :Dpost #46792 of 9801512/30/12 at 9:44pmQuote:
I saw it twice but a long time ago. I don't remember too much. I saw it as a kodomo.
I need a rewatch of it.
I've finished some rewatches of anime I saw a while back?
Neon Genesis Evangellion is my current rewatch.
My next one is Rahxephon, Ghost in the Shell, Gungrave, Hellsing or etc.
I've already recently rewatched
- Blood +
- Eureka Seven
- Gundam Seed
- Gundam Seed Destiny
I've also done rewatches of non child hood anime.These are a bit later on in my life.
- Clannad After Story (Rewatching the first one is hard to do)
- Phantom Requiem for Phantom
- True Tears
- Code Geass
- Code Geass R2
- Gundam 00 S2
- Gundam 00 S1 rewatch in progress
My current schedule is that I am halting Gundam 00 S1 rewatch for a real rewatch of Evangellion. I am about to start a new series. It is called Haibane Renmei. IT scored very very high. It is a more unknown series like Infinite Ryvius but said to be very good.
Do I watch Chihayafuru first or Sakamichi no Apollon. Your choice of those two.post #46793 of 9801512/30/12 at 9:55pmpost #46794 of 9801512/30/12 at 9:57pmQuote:
Yeah I can imagine. I saw the series 3-4 times in a year back when I was around 9 or 10. I remember everything being fine until the ending. I was so confused back then.post #46795 of 9801512/30/12 at 10:10pm
What are some artists you expressely remember from you childhood and adolescense that originated from an anime. We have all seen anime and liked some songs back when we were small. And found a band whose song was the shizz.
So what are the artists that have left that impression with you and where are they today?
FLOW because they were one of the first few Naruto OP artists but most importantly because their song DAYS was the OP for Eureka 7.
See-Saw because I loved Hack Sign and Gundam Seed of which they worked on some key songs in those.
Today FLOW is one of the most anime recognized artists. Having their songs featured in OP and ED of a plethora of anime. They are also popular in Japan. Outside of anime, they aren't too big in terms of American recognization. Over here, their name is generally tied to an anime.
See-Saw disbanded in 2005. The last key projects they worked with were Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Their participation in those two shows have netted Sea-Saw's signers spots on anime con's often. The first singer Chiaki, after the breakup had a song in Gundam 00 S2, Sengoku Basara, Gundam 00 Movie, Kamisama Dolls, and Bokurano. Her former co singer Yuki has had an even more impressive solo carrer after See-saw. She as a soloist went on to sign and get featured in My Otome, Tsubassa, My Otome Zwei, Fist of the north star, Pandora Hearts, Puella Magica, Fate/Zero, and Sword Art Online. She also provided some songs for Blood and Xenosaga.post #46796 of 9801512/30/12 at 11:00pmQuote:We have all seen anime and liked some songs back when we were small.
Not really. I've only seen ghibli films before 2008...
They were dubbed too....
I guess "Kimi wo Nosete" by Joe Hisaishi ft. Azumi Inoue left me an impression...
(wtf all the original versions on youtube got muted......)
Edited by b1o2r3i4s5 - 12/30/12 at 11:09pmpost #46798 of 9801512/30/12 at 11:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
Entire OST for Vision of Escaflowne. First anime I ever watched. They had reruns on back when I was in 1st grade. So I guess Yoko Kanno and Maaya Sakamoto would be the ones that left a lasting impression.
And we all know where they ended up (Bebop, Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, etc, etc).
Not too fond of the art as of right now, prefer the movie art better.
I've seen the movie, not the TV series
What do you recommend? I forgot the movie.post #46800 of 9801512/31/12 at 12:00amQuote:Originally Posted by TwinQY
The movie is quite a bit different from the TV series. In fact some pretty drastic re-characterizing. Art is VASTLY improved. And I mean night and day. Personally I like the movie better, but still a sentimental soft spot for the TV series, since it did take my anime virginity. Also like the OST a bit better.
Would suggest both. Different enough to warrant both a watch. I would start out with the series first, then realize how the movie polished up character design, themes, plot (original is a bit over the place), pretty much everything. Or just rewatch the movie if time's limiting and you just want the whole Escaflowne experience. Haven't watched it in a year, might do so again.
.......weird usage of word right there.
I'll just rewatch the movie :/
I'm watching Gundam Wing Endless Waltz BD Remaster right now.
I may watch the series again. Who knows :)
So many Nazi's in this movie *sigh*.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 second ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 40 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › What is the best music player (software)? 1 minute ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Brief Impressions: Beyerdynamic T51p, T90, T1 and A20 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe