Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, this year I was introduced to crap endings from a multitude of shows. RahXephon was one (of the few if there were others) with an exceptionally great ending :D
I saw it twice but a long time ago. I don't remember too much. I saw it as a kodomo.
I need a rewatch of it.
I've finished some rewatches of anime I saw a while back?
Neon Genesis Evangellion is my current rewatch.
My next one is Rahxephon, Ghost in the Shell, Gungrave, Hellsing or etc.
I've already recently rewatched
- Blood +
- Eureka Seven
- Gundam Seed
- Gundam Seed Destiny
I've also done rewatches of non child hood anime.These are a bit later on in my life.
- Clannad After Story (Rewatching the first one is hard to do)
- Phantom Requiem for Phantom
- True Tears
- Code Geass
- Code Geass R2
- Gundam 00 S2
- Gundam 00 S1 rewatch in progress
My current schedule is that I am halting Gundam 00 S1 rewatch for a real rewatch of Evangellion. I am about to start a new series. It is called Haibane Renmei. IT scored very very high. It is a more unknown series like Infinite Ryvius but said to be very good.
Do I watch Chihayafuru first or Sakamichi no Apollon. Your choice of those two.
Yeah I can imagine. I saw the series 3-4 times in a year back when I was around 9 or 10. I remember everything being fine until the ending. I was so confused back then.
What are some artists you expressely remember from you childhood and adolescense that originated from an anime. We have all seen anime and liked some songs back when we were small. And found a band whose song was the shizz.
So what are the artists that have left that impression with you and where are they today?
FLOW because they were one of the first few Naruto OP artists but most importantly because their song DAYS was the OP for Eureka 7.
See-Saw because I loved Hack Sign and Gundam Seed of which they worked on some key songs in those.
Today FLOW is one of the most anime recognized artists. Having their songs featured in OP and ED of a plethora of anime. They are also popular in Japan. Outside of anime, they aren't too big in terms of American recognization. Over here, their name is generally tied to an anime.
See-Saw disbanded in 2005. The last key projects they worked with were Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Their participation in those two shows have netted Sea-Saw's signers spots on anime con's often. The first singer Chiaki, after the breakup had a song in Gundam 00 S2, Sengoku Basara, Gundam 00 Movie, Kamisama Dolls, and Bokurano. Her former co singer Yuki has had an even more impressive solo carrer after See-saw. She as a soloist went on to sign and get featured in My Otome, Tsubassa, My Otome Zwei, Fist of the north star, Pandora Hearts, Puella Magica, Fate/Zero, and Sword Art Online. She also provided some songs for Blood and Xenosaga.
Not really. I've only seen ghibli films before 2008...
They were dubbed too....
I guess "Kimi wo Nosete" by Joe Hisaishi ft. Azumi Inoue left me an impression...
(wtf all the original versions on youtube got muted......)
Edited by b1o2r3i4s5 - 12/30/12 at 11:09pm
Entire OST for Vision of Escaflowne. First anime I ever watched. They had reruns on back when I was in 1st grade. So I guess Yoko Kanno and Maaya Sakamoto would be the ones that left a lasting impression.
And we all know where they ended up (Bebop, Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, etc, etc).
Not too fond of the art as of right now, prefer the movie art better.
I've seen the movie, not the TV series
What do you recommend? I forgot the movie.
The movie is quite a bit different from the TV series. In fact some pretty drastic re-characterizing. Art is VASTLY improved. And I mean night and day. Personally I like the movie better, but still a sentimental soft spot for the TV series, since it did take my anime virginity. Also like the OST a bit better.
Would suggest both. Different enough to warrant both a watch. I would start out with the series first, then realize how the movie polished up character design, themes, plot (original is a bit over the place), pretty much everything. Or just rewatch the movie if time's limiting and you just want the whole Escaflowne experience. Haven't watched it in a year, might do so again.
.......weird usage of word right there.
I'll just rewatch the movie :/
I'm watching Gundam Wing Endless Waltz BD Remaster right now.
I may watch the series again. Who knows :)
So many Nazi's in this movie *sigh*.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Is the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 really the best headphone all over... 33 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)