Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3097

post #46441 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Nice! I wish we had snow here... frown.gif

How could you not? You are right next to Canada.

post #46442 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

You're leaving me in despair, Bowei... ;_;
Also, watch it. Both this and "Wayne's World".

Your video isn't showing up

post #46443 of 140191
So how can you say it's not your type?
post #46444 of 140191
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Many people I know don't have problems at all.

 

Sadly that you or your street is affected. If it's just you. You may be able to submit a claim to them that you are not getting the speed or even near it most of the time. 

 

My friend was able to get a full Metrocast crew down because his service sucked.

Going to give that a shot then. Hopefully I can get full speeds. I've also checked my hardware and it's all perfectly fine (direct wired testing through router and modem, separate and together). I can easily tell it's not my router since I'm only a few meters away and I get a strong signal. The router is still broadcasting a signal/eating up 2.4GHz channels even when there's no internet. The router used to fail all the time before though before I switched to DD-WRT firmware. So much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Hybrid Fiber Optic to Coaxil network.

 

Same one ATT Uverse uses.

 

They use Fiber Optics and boosters from their HQ all the way to every post and every box they have. However from there it stops. Before it reaches the house, it goes to coaxil again. This saves a lot lot lot of money. One of these central boxes are located on nearly every street and are generally green. Mine is located RIGHT OUTSIDE my front door. So yeah, I only have a very short coaxil line. :)

This. It's fairly effective as the ping goes down drastically which is one thing I do like. The closest station is a few miles from my street and I still get under 40ms ping on most days. The best was around 17ms ping. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

You get WAYYYYY better speeds than me! Stop complaining!

I'm going to keep on doing it because it's a free country here. tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@Borisu

 

I made a gif of snow for you

33433d109d9a47d089f883cbc695a5e3@2x

 

Yes this is my own gif and neighborhood.

The red house gave it away.

post #46445 of 140191
Thread Starter 

Portal 2 is done! Time to finish playing piano (actually, it was done about 50 minutes ago). Later I will complain to Metrocast and hope for a crew to come down here and fix the entire god damn street that still uses metrocast (we have 50:50 I believe between AT&T and Metrocast).

post #46446 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Going to give that a shot then. Hopefully I can get full speeds. I've also checked my hardware and it's all perfectly fine (direct wired testing through router and modem, separate and together). I can easily tell it's not my router since I'm only a few meters away and I get a strong signal. The router is still broadcasting a signal/eating up 2.4GHz channels even when there's no internet. The router used to fail all the time before though before I switched to DD-WRT firmware. So much better now.

This. It's fairly effective as the ping goes down drastically which is one thing I do like. The closest station is a few miles from my street and I still get under 40ms ping on most days. The best was around 17ms ping. :D

I'm going to keep on doing it because it's a free country here. tongue.gif

The red house gave it away.

Direct wire and everything gave you same results right? I think that's what you said.

 

I liked DD WRT. Pretty fun to play with. I didn't need my router anymore so I boosted the signal power to see how much I could go. It was a stock Linksys router WRT 54. I had the plastics all stripped off and had parabolic foil behind them to "direct" the signal more. I was obviously bored.

 

Needless to say. It worked until I upped it too high and it melted.

 

Miles, that sucks. Mine is a street down. The local fiber distributer and booster that is. The actual box that changes it to coaxil and distributes it is right in front of my house.

 

Free..but with conditions

The first page of said conditoins are here:

 

I can send you the next 5,345 pages if you wish to read up on the terms and conditions of the freedoms allowed in the U.S if you would like?

 

Nuh uh.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Portal 2 is done! Time to finish playing piano (actually, it was done about 50 minutes ago). Later I will complain to Metrocast and hope for a crew to come down here and fix the entire god damn street that still uses metrocast (we have 50:50 I believe between AT&T and Metrocast).

Holy crap. Your speeds were that slow.

 

I pray for the Metrocast Technician.

post #46447 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


This is why I prefer Subs to dubs

like this:
Yeah, okarin sounds like some stuck up prick in that dub, and the part time warrior just sounds... Wrong!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

How could you not? You are right next to Canada.
Because my climate is very random, and is actually pretty close to being a desert... Despite being "close" to Canada...
post #46448 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Yeah, okarin sounds like some stuck up prick in that dub, and the part time warrior just sounds... Wrong!
Because my climate is very random, and is actually pretty close to being a desert... Despite being "close" to Canada...

part time warrior. I loved her arc...truly stupendous.

 

Her arc was the only one that left a big impression on me.

 

No....NO!! The ads lied to me!!!

post #46449 of 140191
Ads always lie.
post #46450 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Portal 2 is done! Time to finish playing piano (actually, it was done about 50 minutes ago). Later I will complain to Metrocast and hope for a crew to come down here and fix the entire god damn street that still uses metrocast (we have 50:50 I believe between AT&T and Metrocast).
You should say that if they don't fix it, you'll turn that 50:50 tide towards the other company. biggrin.gif
post #46451 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Ads always lie.

You mean to say that plastic surgery won't make me look like Brittney Spears?

post #46452 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

part time warrior. I loved her arc...truly stupendous.

Her arc was the only one that left a big impression on me.

No....NO!! The ads lied to me!!!

I personally liked shining finger's arc the best, but the part time warrior's back story was the best of all of them...
Well, I guess it wasn't technically a back story, but still...
post #46453 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


You should say that if they don't fix it, you'll turn that 50:50 tide towards the other company. biggrin.gif

Yeah that works VERY well.

 

You should have seen all the offers ATT was going to give me before switching.

 

Metrocast however has NO contract. And after you cancel, they don't send you all those "are you sure" pamphlets like ATT does. But that only applies for 1-2 months. They start comming again later but they come as general ads for the entire public and not because we canceled. Just one of those general ads that everyone gets so I like that.

post #46454 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


I personally liked shining finger's arc the best, but the part time warrior's back story was the best of all of them...
Well, I guess it wasn't technically a back story, but still...

Another great part

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

was how kurisu keeps mentioning that she will never hear him call her that ever again because she won't remember. That stuck.

post #46455 of 140191
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yeah that works VERY well.

You should have seen all the offers ATT was going to give me before switching.

Metrocast however has NO contract. And after you cancel, they don't send you all those "are you sure" pamphlets like ATT does. But that only applies for 1-2 months. They start comming again later but they come as general ads for the entire public and not because we canceled. Just one of those general ads that everyone gets so I like that.
Hmm, problem is when there's no competition... frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Another great part
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
was how kurisu keeps mentioning that she will never hear him call her that ever again because she won't remember. That stuck.
That does suck... But I like how Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They finally kiss in the OVA.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge