Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3069

post #46021 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

Obviously they are not same priced Bowei. Oh you

 

Yeah. That is cheap with a lot of customer feedbacks, so I'm not gonna change it

 

I don't mind flashy or not since my budget is really tight

 

 

LOL!

Well you still have a choice.

 

Check out some Rosewill cases.

 

Rosewill Challenger

Rosewill future

 

and also the 

 

Zalman Hyper 11

 

I got the Hyper 11 on sale for the US price of the Source 212.It is quite good for the price I got it at.

post #46022 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


True story. My friend wanted to get a computer mouse, so after we did that, we went to the area with all the car stereos and turned on the Mexican radio station to full volume, then ran away just as the managers were walking towards that section... You could hear it halfway across the store before they finally turned it down...
I thought we would get kicked out for sure...

lol I can see it

 

 

post #46023 of 117731

@bowei
thanks, that was an interesting read~

 

Damn you guys are getting me interested in computer-fi......

 

Now I want a Momentus XT instead of my Scorpio Blue =_="


Edited by b1o2r3i4s5 - 12/26/12 at 11:22pm
post #46024 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

@bowei
thanks, that was an interesting read~

 

Damn you guys are getting me interested in computer-fi......

 

Now I want a Momentus XT instead of my Scorpio Blue =_="

Thanks Borisu-tan

 

 

 

I didn't think anyone would read those long links..but aha!! One did!!

 

Faith in humanity!! RESTORED!

post #46025 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

 

 

Now I want a Momentus XT instead of my Scorpio Blue =_="

It depends on the price of course. but then again it may not matter. Us desktop users can just drop in whatever drives we want but you can only fit two in.

 

n the U.S. The momentus and other hybrid drives are getting quite good prices. they have about the same failure rate(roulette basically) so its not a big problem.

 

 

Personally I would go with an SSD and a huge HDD but you probably cant and don't have the money for that.

post #46026 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

lol I can see it





Haha, that's funny!
Btw, anyone have any experience with laptop drives? My friend's brother's laptop looks like it has a bad drive after only a year *ghasp* that I'm going to replace as soon as he gets a new one.
post #46027 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


True story. My friend wanted to get a computer mouse, so after we did that, we went to the area with all the car stereos and turned on the Mexican radio station to full volume, then ran away just as the managers were walking towards that section... You could hear it halfway across the store before they finally turned it down...
I thought we would get kicked out for sure...

 

W.H.A.T.T.H.E.F.U.C.K!!!

post #46028 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

W.H.A.T.T.H.E.F.U.C.K!!!
What???
post #46029 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

It depends on the price of course. but then again it may not matter. Us desktop users can just drop in whatever drives we want but you can only fit two in.

 

n the U.S. The momentus and other hybrid drives are getting quite good prices. they have about the same failure rate(roulette basically) so its not a big problem.

 

 

Personally I would go with an SSD and a huge HDD but you probably cant and don't have the money for that.


If I go for that config I'd need a 256GB SSD (T_T)

 

Now I'm using 2x scorpio blue 500GB in Span config to make a 1TB.

Should get much better boot times with one hybrid.....

 

Really annoys me how my friend is always showing off his 256GB SSD in his 15" MBP =_=

post #46030 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Haha, that's funny!
Btw, anyone have any experience with laptop drives? My friend's brother's laptop looks like it has a bad drive after only a year *ghasp* that I'm going to replace as soon as he gets a new one.

Is it under warranty?

 

Taking apart the laptop or NOT having too is important. Depending on company you may be able to remove a few slots and have access to installing and removing the 2.5" HDD but other companies require much more disassembly. Look carefully at the back panel access slows(if there are any).

 

IF there are some. Good. Take off the HDD cover slot(it may require removing an adjacent slot). And then remove the small SATA(or IDE, but probably SATA for this day and age) power cord and data cord. Look around. Are screws holding the HDD in place or is it being held in place by a slip in apparatus? 

 

Take it out. 

 

Put new one in.

 

That is basically it. The steps are obviously much harder for if the laptop needs near full disassembly

 

Some OEM's have special CD's that make Windows installation a breeze where you insert a company disk and the hole thing breezes through installtion(no crapware usually) and the disk will auto find the windows key serial for the mass comapny windows lisence it had(forgot the name of what windows called it). And bam, easy and done.

 

Keep in mind that usually, just getting the same Windows version and what not and trying to use the key on the COA on the laptop won't work. Most of the time, not all. The colors of the COA coincide with OEM established crap on crap on crap of what special installation crap are needed for it to work.

post #46031 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


If I go for that config I'd need a 256GB SSD (T_T)

 

Now I'm using 2x scorpio blue 500GB in Span config to make a 1TB.

Should get much better boot times with one hybrid.....

 

Really annoys me how my friend is always showing off his 256GB SSD in his 15" MBP =_=

Raid 0?

 

Yeah, SSD's do wonders with Mac's.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


What???

Mexican music must have pissed him off once.

post #46032 of 117731

@Bowei

 

What do I need the PCI slots for again? I'm ow looking at a cheaper alternative to the extreme4. Now looking at Pro3

post #46033 of 117731

Anyway,

 

Otasumi Miina!!

 

 

 

post #46034 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


What???

 

Now that's a real noise pollution LOL

post #46035 of 117731
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

@Bowei

 

What do I need the PCI slots for again? I'm ow looking at a cheaper alternative to the extreme4. Now looking at Pro3

Which PCI?

 

PCI and PCIE?

 

PCI x2and x4, x-whatever for if you want other stuff. Maybe a soundcard that only supports PCI or an internal wireless adapter.

 

PCIE....because you want to game.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge