Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 3048

post #45706 of 151702
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

FINALLY!! A Lossless copy of Shigofumi ED "Chain" by Snow*
BUT THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT IT CLIPS AT 3:48 mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Which one did you get? I'm guessing it's the [LonE] one.
post #45707 of 151702

@Haiby

Not sure if I should get a Xeon really. It is really consumer-safe? Though I may be using the 3550 in the end...

 

It is listed as 4xSATA 3Gb/s and 4xSATA 6Gb/s...

 

I'm not sure if I can get this locally though...

 

Really? Uggh... Now I want Seagate even more...

 

Better in terms of price/performance ratio? Lemme see...

 

Flashy... I think. Depends though on the price really

 

I don't think anybody is even selling anything from HIS, not to mention that seller...

 

I'll see to that

 

It's either a fan or liquid (I know it's pretty overkill for a non-oc pc)

 

I'll see to that too

 

Same as above

post #45708 of 151702
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Not really worth it. Just get an SSD.

At capacities of 500GB ? you're kidding!

a 500GB SSHD is $90 btw.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

If you're really afraid of disk failure, get RAID 6 (or RAID 5).

I don't see the advantage of 5 or 6 over 10.

(and mac doesn't support 5 or 6, unless I get a hardware controller.)

post #45709 of 151702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Meme View Post


Which one did you get? I'm guessing it's the [LonE] one.


Yep.

post #45710 of 151702
Thread Starter 

Everybody see what's on the cover of Asus's international website?

 

http://www.asus.com/

 

For those of you in the future viewing, this, you won't see it when the promo/event ends. Anyways, Bruce Lee. wtf

post #45711 of 151702
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Yeah different cards from different companies can be different mostly with parts and cooling and such sapphire has the vaporx option for some of their cards which is pretty popular and before has the windforce I think?

VaporX is nice but other cooling solutions are more cost effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post


More like get 4 caviar blacks and raid them as a waste of money
@bowei lol I prefer not to shop with my mom or have her pick out my clothes

She pays.

 

I can't wear T-Shirts. I have a neck issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

@Haiby

Not sure if I should get a Xeon really. It is really consumer-safe? Though I may be using the 3550 in the end...

 

It is listed as 4xSATA 3Gb/s and 4xSATA 6Gb/s...

 

I'm not sure if I can get this locally though...

 

Really? Uggh... Now I want Seagate even more...

 

Better in terms of price/performance ratio? Lemme see...

 

Flashy... I think. Depends though on the price really

 

I don't think anybody is even selling anything from HIS, not to mention that seller...

 

I'll see to that

 

It's either a fan or liquid (I know it's pretty overkill for a non-oc pc)

 

I'll see to that too

 

Same as above

Yes it is. For Gaming, it performs like the i5 you have there but for everything else it behaves like an i7. 

 

VaporX is nice but reviews have shown that it isn't the best feature cooling solution.

post #45712 of 151702
Thread Starter 

Seems most 7 series chipset boards from MSi, Asus, Asrock, and Gigabyte support the E3-1230V2. Unfortunately, Biostar's flagship Z77 board (which is also ridiculously inexpensive for the performance it gives you) doesn't support the E3-1230V2.

post #45713 of 151702
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Everybody see what's on the cover of Asus's international website?

 

http://www.asus.com/

 

For those of you in the future viewing, this, you won't see it when the promo/event ends. Anyways, Bruce Lee. wtf

LOL! They finally are doing something about how to correctly(or incorrectly) say the name.

 

LIke it says, they want you to pronounce it ey-soos. But that in itself is also incorrect.

 

The foundation of the name ASUS is from the word "Pegasus". The founders wanted to be listed near the top of the phone book so they took the last four letters of the word "Pegasus" and got ASUS out of it. If we just chop off the Peg. You would pronounce it A(like letter A) sis(Asis). But because they were Asians. They pronounced it the Asian way.

 

So yeah. Ey-soos is the official pronunciation but ...whaever.

post #45714 of 151702
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Seems most 7 series chipset boards from MSi, Asus, Asrock, and Gigabyte support the E3-1230V2. Unfortunately, Biostar's flagship Z77 board (which is also ridiculously inexpensive for the performance it gives you) doesn't support the E3-1230V2.

Petition for a bios update.

post #45715 of 151702
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

@Haiby

Not sure if I should get a Xeon really. It is really consumer-safe? Though I may be using the 3550 in the end...

 

It is listed as 4xSATA 3Gb/s and 4xSATA 6Gb/s...

 

I'm not sure if I can get this locally though...

 

Really? Uggh... Now I want Seagate even more...

 

Better in terms of price/performance ratio? Lemme see...

 

Flashy... I think. Depends though on the price really

 

I don't think anybody is even selling anything from HIS, not to mention that seller...

 

I'll see to that

 

It's either a fan or liquid (I know it's pretty overkill for a non-oc pc)

 

I'll see to that too

 

Same as above

Xeon is safe. Just no overclocking. Intel has great support (same with AMD). It's consumer safe. Maybe a few features might not work with your motherboard that you choose like overclocking features being a server oriented CPU but other than that, they're identical. It's based off of the same Ivy Bridge architecture. It's not any different just because it's a server processor. The E3-1230V2 is nothing more than the desktop Ivy Bridge i7, just without an integrated GPU.

 

Two of the SATA 6.0GB/s (SATA III/SATA 3) ports aren't native. They use a separate controller which won't perform as well. Will cripple the performance. 7 series chipsets (Z77 at least) is two SATA 3 ports native and four SATA 2 ports native. Any extra is not native and runs off of another controller which will give weaker performance.

 

Order online.

 

I'd just get an SSD. In general use, you won't notice a difference. My games still boot up pretty fast from my 500GB HDD (not much stored on it though).

 

Don't worry, there are plenty of good computer cases.

 

GET IT FROM NEWEGG. You can get free shipping on most items. The other choice is Amazon which is free 5-8 day shipping for orders $25 or above.

 

Air cooling. A Hyper 212 EVO will even do fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

At capacities of 500GB ? you're kidding!

a 500GB SSHD is $90 btw.

 

I don't see the advantage of 5 or 6 over 10.

(and mac doesn't support 5 or 6, unless I get a hardware controller.)

1TB HDD is $80 btw. The WD10EZEX which is a 1TB/platter drive. Performs better than their Caviar black drives right now due to the fact that WD hasn't released any 1TB/Platter WD Black drives yet.

post #45716 of 151702
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Everybody see what's on the cover of Asus's international website?

 

http://www.asus.com/

 

For those of you in the future viewing, this, you won't see it when the promo/event ends. Anyways, Bruce Lee. wtf

 

LOL!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yes it is. For Gaming, it performs like the i5 you have there but for everything else it behaves like an i7. 

 

VaporX is nice but reviews have shown that it isn't the best feature cooling solution.

 

Interesting...

 

So just get as stock as possible 7870 and get an alternative cooling system? Or ditch the cooling system and get vaporx?

post #45717 of 151702
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

LOL! They finally are doing something about how to correctly(or incorrectly) say the name.

 

LIke it says, they want you to pronounce it ey-soos. But that in itself is also incorrect.

 

The foundation of the name ASUS is from the word "Pegasus". The founders wanted to be listed near the top of the phone book so they took the last four letters of the word "Pegasus" and got ASUS out of it. If we just chop off the Peg. You would pronounce it A(like letter A) sis(Asis). But because they were Asians. They pronounced it the Asian way.

 

So yeah. Ey-soos is the official pronunciation but ...whaever.

Asus representative said it was pronounced Asus like ey-soos.

 

Pegasus, which turned into Pegatron which is basically Asus.

post #45718 of 151702
Oh bowei. It's a miracle that you managed to write reviews and yet still can't comprehend my post re: my driving exp. All of that is based on my exp in Malaysia, where I'm actually from, not here in moscow where i can't even converse properly.
jgray91 vs Saya no Uta (Click to show)
Bat **** insanity in saya no uta again, and loving it. Also, while quite obvious in hindsight i was still surprised at what happened at MC's other female friend. Also badass doctor w/ a sawn-off doible barrel shotgun ftw. And occult insanity where they make you queasy even peeking a look at them. This is getting better and better.

Although i feel as if the h scenes kind of intrude and pauses on the horrifying unknown aspect of it. Sure i know what MC is doing his with is an eldritch spawn, but still like MC said, a man can't help be aroused despite knowing that, and i feel confused when at one part the vn is scaring (and enjoying it) me with the unknown, and the next it's telling me to fap. Stop confusing me game!
post #45719 of 151702
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

LOL!

 

 

Interesting...

 

So just get as stock as possible 7870 and get an alternative cooling system? Or ditch the cooling system and get vaporx?

Ditch extra cooling unless it's very good. MSi seems to do well in that aspect but IMO it's not worth the extra money. The card linked below is from a good manufacturer and uses good components.

 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161411

post #45720 of 151702
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Xeon is safe. Just no overclocking. Intel has great support (same with AMD). It's consumer safe. Maybe a few features might not work with your motherboard that you choose like overclocking features being a server oriented CPU but other than that, they're identical. It's based off of the same Ivy Bridge architecture. It's not any different just because it's a server processor. The E3-1230V2 is nothing more than the desktop Ivy Bridge i7, just without an integrated GPU.

 

Two of the SATA 6.0GB/s (SATA III/SATA 3) ports aren't native. They use a separate controller which won't perform as well. Will cripple the performance. 7 series chipsets (Z77 at least) is two SATA 3 ports native and four SATA 2 ports native. Any extra is not native and runs off of another controller which will give weaker performance.

 

Order online.

 

I'd just get an SSD. In general use, you won't notice a difference. My games still boot up pretty fast from my 500GB HDD (not much stored on it though).

 

Don't worry, there are plenty of good computer cases.

 

GET IT FROM NEWEGG. You can get free shipping on most items. The other choice is Amazon which is free 5-8 day shipping for orders $25 or above.

 

Air cooling. A Hyper 212 EVO will even do fine.

1TB HDD is $80 btw. The WD10EZEX which is a 1TB/platter drive. Performs better than their Caviar black drives right now due to the fact that WD hasn't released any 1TB/Platter WD Black drives yet.

Graph lives in Malaysia...newegg? no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

LOL!

 

 

Interesting...

 

So just get as stock as possible 7870 and get an alternative cooling system? Or ditch the cooling system and get vaporx?

....you can't just get a stock 7870 and get another coolign system. Some brands have those cooling system trademarks, some don't. The 7870's should still be a better card than the Nvidia price to price alternative right now. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Asus representative said it was pronounced Asus like ey-soos.

 

Pegasus, which turned into Pegatron which is basically Asus.

Yeah its pronounced ey-soos but I'm just saying. It is probably pronounced that incorrectly because the founders were Asian.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge