Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2864

post #42946 of 140447
Nvm.
post #42947 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

 

 

I really hate this notion that anime seems to be going in some overly moe driven path to the extent that it's dying or something...seriously, anime has always had a lot of those shows. I will admit, presence of the slice of life genre has gotten bigger but still, the number of anime I can consider non-moe is still pretty good. Every season (sans the particularly poor ones), I am of the opinion that those people who go around complaining have at least 3 anime they can watch that aren't diabetes laden lol. Now I'm not really getting on you jgray, it just frustrates me when people go around talking like there are no good anime nowadays and those very people not only have an extremely limited view on anime and its genres but ignore the ones that fit into what they want. Now the actual quality of those shows can be subjective but overall, generally speaking from a critical standpoint, there are still loads of good shows around that don't involve half assed romcom ecchi moemoe kyun tactics.

 

And don't get me started with the ones who clutter anything that isn't an action show into one big pile of "moe trash". There is no helping those folks.

 

who says slice of life has to be moe lol, recently we had Dansei Koukousei no Nichijou etc.

post #42948 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Really tried to like the Suara and Nana Mizuki duet but the sound quality was lacking frown.gif

There are times where I say heck with the quality! Just enjoy the music :) Suara and Nana Mizuki together are simply brilliant. I heard Suara live before and really, the true skill of a veteran really shows when she sings. I'm also lucky that Aquaplus really cares about the SQ of its music as well which is the reason why her voice on CD(and SACD) is pretty awesome. They did not really do a good job with recording her live concerts though >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

 

 

I'm just saying, the thread became "Project H, Loungin', occasionally anime/manga, and never music" for like three months >_>

 

and because fire was kind enough to share his wondeful wares, I'll post some tunes too.

 

EDIT: My pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Also, so far headphones that are under consideration are the HD600 and HD650 with my mind still tilted towards the 650 because it seems like the sound signature is may be of what I'm looking for. The 600 seems to have better balance through the spectrum and seems like it could actually work well with classical music more so than the 650 but the more colored sound of the 650 is more intriguing at this point. I am also interested in whatever Denon headphone is in the region of my price because the Denon sound seems like it could be what I'm looking for as well. Then again, every time I plugged one into my amp sans the D2000, the Maverick seems to disagree. I think it may be an impedence thing. Then again, I was also in a loud room...idk, I'll look more into it. But yeah, right now the 600 and 650 seem to be where my eyes lay.

I think I like the tonal balance of the HD600 more but the HD650 is supposedly smoother on the top end and EQ these days are pretty good so I think I might go for the 650 if I went for either two. Sadly I'm saving for a paradox and also saving for Suara's Fostex TH900.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Except in my case I haven't really met anyone who finds it creepy.
Maybe that's thanks to the fact that all of the people I know that aren't into anime themselves, all study either mathematics or physics. And trust me, >90% of the people studying that are nerds themselves, so they can understand having hobbies like that very well, even if they don't do anything with it themselves.

Awesome guys you have around there! It took time. In my first year of school(now I'm in my 3rd) my current female friends surfed through my Lenfried collection on my iphone, it was darn funny  now we are pretty close friends LOL 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


Why? There's no need for it. I'm intelligent enough not to watch ecchi in front of everyone, and besides, with my very anal anime choices nowadays, there's no problem of that currently. I'm also hating on the too diabetic direction anime seems to be taking right now, the over-glazed, over-sweetened feel-good-time-for-lonely-otaku anime(**), so there's no way of me being accused of being some sort of pedophile, so there's nothing 'wrong' to hide from the fams. I'm all clean for all intents and purposes, until midnight descends.
Well in my case, I already have friends that watch anime pretty avidly like me, and some of my siblings already watch it too, so there's not much weirdness anymore. IMO you guys are the ones that needs to stop treating it like some taboo and just show it openly, where appropriate. Of course being candyfloss panda, that's impossible since he watch a lot of (**).

While I'm certainly not as "saintly" as yourself, I feel its all about being open with your likes and dislikes. As long its not way too extreme they will accept you for who you are. 

 

And nice custom title there bowei!

 

On another note, anyone looking forward to seeing the Augmented Reality for the new nendoroids?


Edited by firev1 - 12/6/12 at 9:13am
post #42949 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Except in my case I haven't really met anyone who finds it creepy.

Maybe that's thanks to the fact that all of the people I know that aren't into anime themselves, all study either mathematics or physics. And trust me, >90% of the people studying that are nerds themselves, so they can understand having hobbies like that very well, even if they don't do anything with it themselves.
Yeah, my friend moved from studying law to computer science (yes, strange, I know) and said that there whenever he read manga most of the people likie "WTF kiddie/pedo/whatever".
Now it's "I heaven't heard of this one" at worst. ;-)
post #42950 of 140447
This label made me giggle:




Oh, and on the back side it says 'Canadian maple syrup'.
post #42951 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Yeah, my friend moved from studying law to computer science (yes, strange, I know) and said that there whenever he read manga most of the people likie "WTF kiddie/pedo/whatever".
Now it's "I heaven't heard of this one" at worst. ;-)

I am more often shunned by not being a gamer or not really being a party animal than because of my hobby.
post #42952 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post



I really hate this notion that anime seems to be going in some overly moe driven path to the extent that it's dying or something...seriously, anime has always had a lot of those shows. I will admit, presence of the slice of life genre has gotten bigger but still, the number of anime I can consider non-moe is still pretty good. Every season (sans the particularly poor ones), I am of the opinion that those people who go around complaining have at least 3 anime they can watch that aren't diabetes laden lol. Now I'm not really getting on you jgray, it just frustrates me when people go around talking like there are no good anime nowadays and those very people not only have an extremely limited view on anime and its genres but ignore the ones that fit into what they want. Now the actual quality of those shows can be subjective but overall, generally speaking from a critical standpoint, there are still loads of good shows around that don't involve half assed romcom ecchi moemoe kyun tactics.

And don't get me started with the ones who clutter anything that isn't an action show into one big pile of "moe trash". There is no helping those folks.

But that's the thing, every season have them, but they seem to be cropping up more and more than what it seems like to me Back Then (TM). Sure, there might be good, strong overly-glazed art-styled anime that doesn't rely on ****ty 1 dimensional, for-lonely-otaku tropes, but it's really hard for me since almost everything is like that and I don't have the time to sift through them. Apparently Girls und Panzer is considered great, and two days ago I just found out that the director took a no-pantsu stance on it. Now my interest is suddenly piqued again since I've heard of good (if not great) tank battles, only that they used cute girls.

I just don't like that certain art-style that's basically everyone is doing. It's like that everyone saw how successful is KyoAni is doing with this particular brand of diabetes and everyone wants in on it, whether it be for suspiciously-14-y.o.-looking female-laden SoL anime, stupid Insert-kun harem with yet the same plot of girls-want-dick, or even freaking post-apocalyptic rural Japan that's ruled by an authoritarian psychic council. It's as if everyone suddenly lost imagination on how to draw anymore.

I'm trying to think of any anime that has a particular sheen or aura of "we put a lot of money into making the animation and art style this particularly" and I think that's what it is mostly. I don't like GC even during the first episode since I think it's too polished or something. I won't touch chu2koi for the same reason, if I don't have a problem with KyoAni. I dropped K from the first episode, mid episode since I think a stupid blue filter doesn't appeal to me. Yep, I'm a cover-judger it seems. And it seems it could be the downfall of me in this hobby.

And also what boils my blood is that SZS got the boot thanks to the lot of people that wants more moe crap. And earlier this year, SHAFT released a BD special episode, and it is freaking glorious to see it in HD. Which makes me more sad since a lot of people wants shallow moe crap. Sure this is a blanket statement (shallow moe crap), but I'm still not convinced, and if there's any, it's more the exception than the rule.

And yes, I will take a jab at it at every chance I can get lol. inb4 I declare Girls und Panzer best anime 2012, since like I said somewhere before, ImperialX said it's a must watch, and he kind of knows what I like. Also tilpo: should I watch it?
post #42953 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

But that's the thing, every season have them, but they seem to be cropping up more and more than what it seems like to me Back Then (TM). Sure, there might be good, strong overly-glazed art-styled anime that doesn't rely on ****ty 1 dimensional, for-lonely-otaku tropes, but it's really hard for me since almost everything is like that and I don't have the time to sift through them. Apparently Girls und Panzer is considered great, and two days ago I just found out that the director took a no-pantsu stance on it. Now my interest is suddenly piqued again since I've heard of good (if not great) tank battles, only that they used cute girls.
I just don't like that certain art-style that's basically everyone is doing. It's like that everyone saw how successful is KyoAni is doing with this particular brand of diabetes and everyone wants in on it, whether it be for suspiciously-14-y.o.-looking female-laden SoL anime, stupid Insert-kun harem with yet the same plot of girls-want-dick, or even freaking post-apocalyptic rural Japan that's ruled by an authoritarian psychic council. It's as if everyone suddenly lost imagination on how to draw anymore.
I'm trying to think of any anime that has a particular sheen or aura of "we put a lot of money into making the animation and art style this particularly" and I think that's what it is mostly. I don't like GC even during the first episode since I think it's too polished or something. I won't touch chu2koi for the same reason, if I don't have a problem with KyoAni. I dropped K from the first episode, mid episode since I think a stupid blue filter doesn't appeal to me. Yep, I'm a cover-judger it seems. And it seems it could be the downfall of me in this hobby.
And also what boils my blood is that SZS got the boot thanks to the lot of people that wants more moe crap. And earlier this year, SHAFT released a BD special episode, and it is freaking glorious to see it in HD. Which makes me more sad since a lot of people wants shallow moe crap. Sure this is a blanket statement (shallow moe crap), but I'm still not convinced, and if there's any, it's more the exception than the rule.
And yes, I will take a jab at it at every chance I can get lol. inb4 I declare Girls und Panzer best anime 2012, since like I said somewhere before, ImperialX said it's a must watch, and he kind of knows what I like. Also tilpo: should I watch it?

Good post.


I don't know about Girls und Panzer. I watched first episode and LOL'ed hard at gg's subs, but other that that I didn't particularly like it. Don't remember why.

Moe infested crap is usually only about 40% of the shows in the season. Another 40% is even worse: shounen action thrash. I usually have to make due with the remaining 20%.
I don't understand your problem with Chuunibyou. The art, characters, plot and jokes are all excellent, and the amount of fan-service is minimal.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed by this season. Although all the shows I'm following are what I consider excellent, there are way too many bad shows this season, and I turned out to only find a small handful of shows to be worth my time.
post #42954 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I am more often shunned by not being a gamer or not really being a party animal than because of my hobby.

lol this.

I just don't find parties fun at all (especially since I don't drink)....

quite stressful for me as a matter of fact, I have much better use for my time.

post #42955 of 140447

Yea. Chuunibyou is probably best of season.

 

Also pretty good are Btooom! and Tonari no Kaibutsukun. And I watched Little Busters! just because. Sasasegawa is the best.

post #42956 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

My dad saw me watching some sci fi anime last summer. Asked me about it, and i answered, to certain degree of similarity: it's like tv shows and movies, there are star treks, star wars and lord of the rings in anime and i just like anime more then live action. He seems satisfied.
Edit: spelling
I was like that with my dad too

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post


I'm just saying, the thread became "Project H, Loungin', occasionally anime/manga, and never music" for like three months >_>

and because fire was kind enough to share his wondeful wares, I'll post some tunes too.





Sorry about this. We just are so diverse in music. But thank you. I want to get into more. Tokyo jiken didnt really fit me

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

I was watching that Kana video, and I couldn't help but feel that I recognised the place.

So I did some digging in my photos, and yup, I was right. tongue.gif  That's in Shinjuku, I don't think I saw any street performances while I was there. frown.gif

It's almost been a year, but the memories are still vivid, I can't wait to go back again.


Lucky you even did
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Why? There's no need for it. I'm intelligent enough not to watch ecchi in front of everyone, and besides, with my very anal anime choices nowadays, there's no problem of that currently. I'm also hating on the too diabetic direction anime seems to be taking right now, the over-glazed, over-sweetened feel-good-time-for-lonely-otaku anime(**), so there's no way of me being accused of being some sort of pedophile, so there's nothing 'wrong' to hide from the fams. I'm all clean for all intents and purposes, until midnight descends.
Well in my case, I already have friends that watch anime pretty avidly like me, and some of my siblings already watch it too, so there's not much weirdness anymore. IMO you guys are the ones that needs to stop treating it like some taboo and just show it openly, where appropriate. Of course being candyfloss panda, that's impossible since he watch a lot of (**).
Who ever will accuse you of being a pedo.. Or are you saying that there is something we should know wink.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Every time I download a torrent that has the famous 'Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.txt' in it, I cry a little. frown.gif
Edit:
LOL, double post, even though I clicked submit only once.
I also do that frown.gif

Its tracker is now online though
Quote:
Originally Posted by firev1 View Post

There are times where I say heck with the quality! Just enjoy the music smily_headphones1.gif Suara and Nana Mizuki together are simply brilliant. I heard Suara live before and really, the true skill of a veteran really shows when she sings. I'm also lucky that Aquaplus really cares about the SQ of its music as well which is the reason why her voice on CD(and SACD) is pretty awesome. They did not really do a good job with recording her live concerts though >_>

I think I like the tonal balance of the HD600 more but the HD650 is supposedly smoother on the top end and EQ these days are pretty good so I think I might go for the 650 if I went for either two. Sadly I'm saving for a paradox and also saving for Suara's Fostex TH900.

While I'm certainly not as "saintly" as yourself, I feel its all about being open with your likes and dislikes. As long its not way too extreme they will accept you for who you are. 

And nice custom title there bowei!

On another note, anyone looking forward to seeing the Augmented Reality for the new nendoroids?
Thanks wink.gif
Panda MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Good post.
I don't know about Girls und Panzer. I watched first episode and LOL'ed hard at gg's subs, but other that that I didn't particularly like it. Don't remember why.
Moe infested crap is usually only about 40% of the shows in the season. Another 40% is even worse: shounen action thrash. I usually have to make due with the remaining 20%.
I don't understand your problem with Chuunibyou. The art, characters, plot and jokes are all excellent, and the amount of fan-service is minimal.
I have to say that I'm very disappointed by this season. Although all the shows I'm following are what I consider excellent, there are way too many bad shows this season, and I turned out to only find a small handful of shows to be worth my time.
Chuunibyou and a few others are good. Pet no kanono has had 3-4 eps of useless or filler eps recently :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenErik View Post

Yea. Chuunibyou is probably best of season.

Also pretty good are Btooom! and Tonari no Kaibutsukun. And I watched Little Busters! just because. Sasasegawa is the best.
Tonari is good? Ill need to watch btoom(i am reading it) and restart sukitee
post #42957 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

[

Good post.


I don't know about Girls und Panzer. I watched first episode and LOL'ed hard at gg's subs, but other that that I didn't particularly like it. Don't remember why.

Moe infested crap is usually only about 40% of the shows in the season. Another 40% is even worse: shounen action thrash. I usually have to make due with the remaining 20%.
I don't understand your problem with Chuunibyou. The art, characters, plot and jokes are all excellent, and the amount of fan-service is minimal.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed by this season. Although all the shows I'm following are what I consider excellent, there are way too many bad shows this season, and I turned out to only find a small handful of shows to be worth my time.

Hmm if you think so, I think I'll pick it up later then. Minimal ecchi fan-service* is always a good thing.



*There are numerous types of fan-service. Ecchi ones are the type I'm most tired of and fed up with. Good fan-service is what SHAFT did by releasing that BD special episode earlier in this year, for example. I consider fan-service good if it didn't take the most unimaginative route possible: ecchi ones. Anything that's not ecchi fan-service is already a good step in my mind. Of course if the anime in question is itself already ecchi, then there is no imagination left it anyways. wink.gif
post #42958 of 140447
Next season is also quite flat sadly :/

Im a shameless fan of da capo and thats really about it for me

Oh and keep in mind that we do have a yearly best op,ed, ost going on. Ill repost the contendors later. With bdawk, jgray, and fire here, we can get more suggestions. And hell, even a best action, adventure, romance, sol could be made too. Because dammit I want to feel like a real anime thread
post #42959 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Who ever will accuse you of being a pedo.. Or are you saying that there is something we should know wink.gif

If anything I should be accused of being a sick, demented bastard. I think you'll get what I mean if you remember my choice fetishes in H. evil_smiley.gif

Also for best OP/ED of this season, i'm going to do a blog post about it LOL, and I'm not going to squander a bit of pageviews on a anime thread. I'll link it here, sure, but not do a direct post herre LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
post #42960 of 140447
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

Back in ye ol' day, I had to go to the video store to rent anime, because broadband was still quite new in Australia, and we didn't have it yet. 

I remember having dial-up internet up until abouuut 2003 or so. tongue.gif

It took fifteen minutes to download an mp3!
2003? You're lucky! I didn't have high speed Internet until 2007!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post


I'm just saying, the thread became "Project H, Loungin', occasionally anime/manga, and never music" for like three months >_>

and because fire was kind enough to share his wondeful wares, I'll post some tunes too.
Yep, we've got our own forum for project H, so talk of it here will be quite minimal, except for me occasionally telling Boris to check the forum...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Every time I download a torrent that has the famous 'Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.txt' in it, I cry a little. frown.gif
Edit:
LOL, double post, even though I clicked submit only once.
The tracker is back online, and according to torrent freak, Demonoid is planning a comeback...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

This label made me giggle:

Oh, and on the back side it says 'Canadian maple syrup'.
Lol! That's hilarious! Is that a common stereotype about Americans? That we always ride Harley Davidsons around everywhere with our handlebar mustaches wearing cowboy boots?
Then we go to... CANADA??? To get maple syrup???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge