Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2862

post #42916 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

I approve! :)

 

Yay!

 

Why would you want a tube amp?

What canz are you using now?

lol p0rnz... y pay for it?

You pay your own college fees?

Idk... to figure out what the "tube sound" is all about if you will... 

HD600s. They just don't quite satisfy me for some reason in my current chain...

No idea. But I wanna throw my money at something or save it up for some reason...

Well, at the very least I'll wanna buy a laptop and stuff... I'm hoping I'll get enough scholarships to where I don't have to pay for college at all. But that requires applying to scholarships, which I haven't done. It's kinda annoying sorting through all the scholarships and finding ones that white people can apply to... >_<

By the way Borisu, do you think you could get the cable adapters for the HD600 cheap in China? I need a new cable, but the adapters alone are $15 shipped to the US.

Okay, turns out I have a few more wallpapers than I thought... around 400 LOL


Edited by mechgamer123 - 12/5/12 at 10:07pm
post #42917 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Idk... to figure out what the "tube sound" is all about if you will... 

 

HD600s. They just don't quite satisfy me for some reason in my current chain...

 

No idea. But I wanna throw my money at something or save it up for some reason...

 

Well, at the very least I'll wanna buy a laptop and stuff... I'm hoping I'll get enough scholarships to where I don't have to pay for college at all. But that requires applying to scholarships, which I haven't done. It's kinda annoying sorting through all the scholarships and finding ones that white people can apply to... >_<

 

By the way Borisu, do you think you could get the cable adapters for the HD600 cheap in China? I need a new cable, but the adapters alone are $15 shipped to the US.

 

Okay, turns out I have a few more wallpapers than I thought... around 400 LOL

 

As a person who has used and made tube amps,

would you believe me if I told you there's no such thing as "tube sound" electronically?

I believe it's just how you feel when you see the warm glowing tubes.

 

Haha, ok.

I'm not a big fan of the HD600 myself.

 

A laptop is essential for college life, you might want to get one soon.

 

the HD600 connectors? I have no idea.

 

wallpapers? lol I have around 400 too!

post #42918 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Wow, I only have around 100 I believe... All pictures I took with my crappy point and shoot camera myself :D

 

aw, that's cool too. Mine are a combination of things I love. I limit it to 4 pictures per category unless I particularly love that one thing. Now that the picture amount is growing though, I'm starting to add more. I have things like artists, anime shows, albums, cool scenic anime stuff, characters, and pictures of my dogs or friends.

post #42919 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

 

As a person who has used and made tube amps,

would you believe me if I told you there's no such thing as "tube sound" electronically?

I believe it's just how you feel when you see the warm glowing tubes.

 

Haha, ok.

I'm not a big fan of the HD600 myself.

 

A laptop is essential for college life, you might want to get one soon.

 

the HD600 connectors? I have no idea.

 

wallpapers? lol I have around 400 too!

Lol I'd believe it... Don't you also think it has to do with the distortion as well though?

Seeing glowing tubes sounds like fun :)

I like the HD600 sound for the most part, but I get the feeling I'm missing a bit of detail in the treble region... (and lacking sub bass)

Eh, I'll wait. I might get extra scholarship money, I don't know yet :)
That will be another issue for me, finding a laptop that is. I will think all the cheap ones are crap but not want to spend the money on a good one :D

Turns out the connectors are only $8.88 now from China... I kind of want a new cable anyway though since this cable is 15 freaking feet long and seems to be attracted to the rolling feet of my desk chair :)

post #42920 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

 

aw, that's cool too. Mine are a combination of things I love. I limit it to 4 pictures per category unless I particularly love that one thing. Now that the picture amount is growing though, I'm starting to add more. I have things like artists, anime shows, albums, cool scenic anime stuff, characters, and pictures of my dogs or friends.

LOL nice.

I don't want my immediate family knowing about my otaku-ness, so animu stays off my desktop that lives in our front room :(

post #42921 of 127628

I'm wondering how many of you guys here openly show off your anime stuff to your family

 

quite a touchy subject depending on the person...

post #42922 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikomonday View Post

I'm wondering how many of you guys here openly show off your anime stuff to your family

quite a touchy subject depending on the person...
Hmm, well everyone that lives in our house knows (derp).
My mom's fine with it, and my grandpa doesn't really have an opinion. Other than jpop being "a little different" from his 50s/country music...
Outside of that direct family, nobody else knows. I'm sure my very religious ants would think anime is the Antichrist, my hentai uncle... Well I'm not sure how he'd react, but I wouldn't wanna see it, my other uncle might be cool with it, heck he might even watch anime too...
As for other people in the family, I'd rather not see their reaction either...
I'm just going to leave this here...
d0df08ebdfda01ae5b7370ed4030d81e.jpg
Edited by mechgamer123 - 12/5/12 at 11:11pm
post #42923 of 127628

Friggin' bio. All nighter here I come. Then I get ~5 hours to study for my stats final. Passing out afterwards and waking up to study nonstop for ochem after. Yay... I miss quarters..

post #42924 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikomonday View Post

I'm wondering how many of you guys here openly show off your anime stuff to your family

quite a touchy subject depending on the person...

Everyone knows in my family. I am the purveyor of sorts. Of course it goes without saying that I only show the more socially acceptable ones, anything slightly ecchi I'll never watch before midnight back at home. But I'm not back at home right now so, anything less than hentai is a go before midnight.
Testing mobile upload.
post #42925 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikomonday View Post

I'm wondering how many of you guys here openly show off your anime stuff to your family

 

quite a touchy subject depending on the person...

Not me. I do have a friend who I thought was not an anime watcher. Turns out he loves IS and spent ~$100 to import a Laura figma, and openly displays it at home. He also has a IS folder of pictures numbering around 2000 pictures in his phone. Then again, he is otherwise vastly more well-adjusted than I am in every other way. Personally, I would rather not.

 

Off topic, but: just turned on the speaker rig to listen to some supercell. Apparently in 'Feel so good', the opening section does not just sound like Jamiroquai's Virtual Insanity. I swear, it samples Virtual Insanity. Turning it up a bit, I swear I heard Jay Kay's voice buried deep, deep inside the mix. Or I am delusional. Now, I only need a good source for the speaker rig.

 

EDIT: Its a rap. not sure who is rapping it though. I stand corrected regarding my comments above.


Edited by Dissonant - 12/6/12 at 12:13am
post #42926 of 127628
Had my equivalent of St. Nicholas today.
What I got was a report bag (which I don't really like, I prefer a gas mask bag I had before but it has a hole that I have to repair by hand) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
fe972b49ff496ca2fc662aa0fd494c47.jpg
(one like that)
and 2 16GB SD cards...
I don't have where to use (except for my tablet, but I already have a 32GB there) and asked my mother for 2 microSD ones. She even called me from the store where she was about to buy me 2 pendrives because she didn't exactly understand what I was saying... Eww...
post #42927 of 127628
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

LOL nice.

I don't want my immediate family knowing about my otaku-ness, so animu stays off my desktop that lives in our front room :(

 

I try to keep just how much I'm into it away from my whole family but some of them have an idea or know to an extent. Being a second generation anime fan, my dad actually is the person who got me into it with Sci-fi channel saturday anime back in the mid 90s and videos he'd buy. Then me and my sisters would watch things like sailor moon and DBZ as well. My cousin was into anime as well so we'd watch DBZ and stuff too. I'd still seen my fair share of anime from videos and stuff my dad would show me until Toonami came along. Once it started airing more anime I started to get into it myself and then around 2000 or 2001 I went around looking for sailor moon episodes and movies and I discovered IRC and Sailormooncenter as well as a few other things and at that point, I got into anime a lot more on my own. My little sister still likes anime, rpg games, and things like that and she is also a pretty avid K-Pop listener as I often hear it when I'm walking around the house. My cousin now will ask me for new anime once in a blue moon. He is more of a shounen fan and likes stuff like Baki the Grappler, Gintama, and such. I think the last thing I told him to watch was Black Lagoon and he loved it. My dad might talk about some random anime movie or something he saw on the net once in awhile but I don't get along with him much soooo....<_<

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikomonday View Post

I'm wondering how many of you guys here openly show off your anime stuff to your family

 

quite a touchy subject depending on the person...

 

Open? Nope, power level is hidden at all times. But as I said above, some of my family knows pretty well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


Everyone knows in my family. I am the purveyor of sorts. Of course it goes without saying that I only show the more socially acceptable ones, anything slightly ecchi I'll never watch before midnight back at home. But I'm not back at home right now so, anything less than hentai is a go before midnight.
Testing mobile upload.

 

LOL I don't watch ANY anime around my family. **** stays on the low.

post #42928 of 127628

For my hobbies, my entire family knows about it, can't really hide it if its all over your room. They object at first but its not like I care. Normal friends always have something to say about it though, they find it somewhat creepy. I couldn't care less though LOL. Eventually if you are with them for long they will just accept who you are. My father came in when I was watching Nanoha Movie 1st transformation scenes on my BDP, you should have seen his reaction, hilarious! Anyways, here are some vids.

 

 No need to thank me =D

 

Some real music, mayuyu is pretty fail lol but still, bliss

 

So doing this at future concerts I'm going to.

 


Edited by firev1 - 12/6/12 at 12:34am
post #42929 of 127628
My dad saw me watching some sci fi anime last summer. Asked me about it, and i answered, to certain degree of similarity: it's like tv shows and movies, there are star treks, star wars and lord of the rings in anime and i just like anime more then live action. He seems satisfied.

Edit: spelling
Edited by jgray91 - 12/6/12 at 12:51am
post #42930 of 127628

good for you jgray, got pops to be ok with it.

 

 

YAY for firev1. Finally someone actually posts music here >_>

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge