Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2853

post #42781 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yeah there is that but Wine and a few other things make up for it.

 

No they don't. The only two music players with interfaces I really liked are iTunes 11 and the old Zune software. Neither can be used with Wine. The thing that kind of sucks about both of them anyway too is they're made by really retarded people who think it's a good idea to restrict you to their own dumb proprietary formats. No plugins or anything, pretty sure Zune doesn't even have a basic graphic EQ.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

@Manveru I think the unforgiving thing is just like the word "fun" in headphone. It's more of a way of saying a headphone will let you know if something is badly recorded and won't smooth it over well. Like apple ibuds are forgiving because they aren't very revealing. When people say something is fun, they are really just saying something isn't a critical listening type of headphone meant for analyzing. At least that's what I equate it to.

 

That's what I'm talking about though. I don't think that even makes any sense at all. IME there's no such thing as a headphone which "smooths over" a bad recording, or a headphone that will "let you know if something is badly recorded." A bad recording sounds like just as bad a recording on ibuds as on multi-hundred dollar headphones. The "revealing" headphones actually make it sound better...because they are better headphones. Maybe it's just me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post



The outside doesn't look as green as expected. I wonder about the inside.
This is maccha cake. In other words, green tea cake.

 

Ew...haha. I love actual green tea, but any food that is green tea flavored for some reason makes me gag.

post #42782 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

Ew...haha. I love actual green tea, but any food that is green tea flavored for some reason makes me gag.

Really?
The green tea flavor should be subtle. While I can understand not liking too much of it, if it's just a hint of green tea flavor, is it really that bad?
post #42783 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post



The outside doesn't look as green as expected. I wonder about the inside.
This is maccha cake. In other words, green tea cake.

As a Chinese person, people find it weird that I don't like green tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

No they don't. The only two music players with interfaces I really liked are iTunes 11 and the old Zune software. Neither can be used with Wine. The thing that kind of sucks about both of them anyway too is they're made by really retarded people who think it's a good idea to restrict you to their own dumb proprietary formats. No plugins or anything, pretty sure Zune doesn't even have a basic graphic EQ.

 

 

That's what I'm talking about though. I don't think that even makes any sense at all. IME there's no such thing as a headphone which "smooths over" a bad recording, or a headphone that will "let you know if something is badly recorded." A bad recording sounds like just as bad a recording on ibuds as on multi-hundred dollar headphones. The "revealing" headphones actually make it sound better...because they are better headphones. Maybe it's just me.

 

 

Ew...haha. I love actual green tea, but any food that is green tea flavored for some reason makes me gag.

I meant the other options.

post #42784 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Really?
The green tea flavor should be subtle. While I can understand not liking too much of it, if it's just a hint of green tea flavor, is it really that bad?

 

It's weird. I've tried green tea ice cream and cakes or breads before. Both made me feel really sick. But I drink green tea and it's awesome.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I meant the other options.

 

What other options? The reason I started complaining in the first place is because I was saying there were no other good options. Just a few that are decent at best and then a whole lot which suck really bad.

post #42785 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

It's weird. I've tried green tea ice cream and cakes or breads before. Both made me feel really sick. But I drink green tea and it's awesome.

 

 

What other options? The reason I started complaining in the first place is because I was saying there were no other good options. Just a few that are decent at best and then a whole lot which suck really bad.

I meant program options and more open-ness in a sense

 

@Numbers kun

happy birthday!!!!

post #42786 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@Numbers kun
happy birthday!!!!

It's his birthday?

Happy birthday in that case, Nanba. (if possible always Japanifiy a name. Nanba is a nice equivalent to number, and it's actually the name of two anime character as well (nanba hibito/mutta from space bros))
post #42787 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I meant program options and more open-ness in a sense

 

I sense that we haven't even talking about the same thing.

post #42788 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

I sense that we haven't even talking about the same thing.

Happens all the time with the Panda.
post #42789 of 154438

@Manveru To an extent, I see what you are saying but I have found lesser recorded things sound anything from bland to to downright unpleasant on high end headphones. Let's take some low end production rap for example. A terrible headphone like the beats studio(it is quite bad for 90% of music for a $300 headphone imo) does great at bringing some real fun to a lot of that rap and I actually would recommend the beats if you cared about style somewhat and listened to only that kind of rap. But when I plopped some in a 007 Omega....it kind of was...very meh sounding >_>

 

Now someone who's focus is to hear everything and that is their pleasure? I think your theory is true.

post #42790 of 154438

Mom got me a nexus 7 for my birthday. Score. Have to wait until after finals to get it though :c.

post #42791 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

@Manveru To an extent, I see what you are saying but I have found lesser recorded things sound anything from bland to to downright unpleasant on high end headphones. Let's take some low end production rap for example. A terrible headphone like the beats studio(it is quite bad for 90% of music for a $300 headphone imo) does great at bringing some real fun to a lot of that rap and I actually would recommend the beats if you cared about style somewhat and listened to only that kind of rap. But when I plopped some in a 007 Omega....it kind of was...very meh sounding >_>

 

Now someone who's focus is to hear everything and that is their pleasure? I think your theory is true.

 

I don't know. It just seems to me that a lot of things that people say about gear and audio stem more from abstract reasoning, emotional desires, and culturally praised aesthetics applied to reality and experience, rather than the other way around. Personally, I think a lot of the words people use to describe things around here don't make any sense or even have anything to do with reality. For example, take the descriptor "analytical." I've always thought that this was a nothing word. What the heck is that even supposed to mean? I don't see how such a thing is even possible. To me, it seems like a word people just use when they want to flaunt their "sophisticated" audiophile tastes or something, or to use to try and say "eww neutrality!" and defend their romantic fantasies and beliefs. Same with "fun" and stuff like that. In some cases I guess some people are simply using such words as a codename for a certain type of frequency balance, but a headphone's sound signature and how it relates to your personal preferences is another matter altogether which could be described and discussed in infinitely clearer and more efficient ways. They're obviously trying to communicate something but they way they're going about it just renders it completely incomprehensible and up to be (mis)interpreted in whatever way the reader happens to do so.

 

Myself, I'm like the total opposite of the person who tries to "hear everything," and I simultaneously dislike the idea of "fun" headphones. Maybe it's things like that that prevent me from being able to understand the "rules."

 

Once again, none of this is directly aimed at any specific person. Just me ranting about junk...


Edited by manveru - 12/4/12 at 3:49pm
post #42792 of 154438
Happy birthday, then. :-)


BTW, me interested:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502689
post #42793 of 154438
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Your mom sounds..very Asian

 

I do what?

.......

 

\

keep in mind that opening the psu voids their warranty unless you have a company that doesn't do that.

 

What do you mean by..move fans around in your power supply?

 

THAT STARTED IN MY CLASS.......seriously. The black zip tying started in my math class

Yes. Well, today I can open a few things (case and then I will take out the PSU and do some cable management).

 

Creep on people. We all know you're a pedopanda.

 

You are and idiot.

 

I MEAN THE BOX!

 

Hm...I think you told me once too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

*reads through all the unread posts*
*clicks on Full Page Editor or wtv its called*
*sees nothing multi-quoted*
okay...
Bah, terrible day here. I submitted my assignment to the wrong office! Probably a vacant office...
Now I need to redo the assignment yay.
(I was told to go and ask security to open the door for me, and retrieve the assignment but... takes 2 hours to go to school and come home)
Time to redo it, scan it, and email to the T.A. sighhh
On a side note, anyone creeped out by the latest "statue" in Psycho-Pass? dang, just something with that skin tone + smile. Creeps. Me. Out. (Lv.1).

Ugh, I've done that a few times with a megapost or two and I would have to go back and remember which ones I quoted.

 

Sucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Yay! Sketches are done for P-H! Now for Boris to check them over...

 

Also, something sort of amusing about my HTPC.

Here's my boot sequence....

 

BIOS Screen (Click to show)

 

Windows Logon Screen (Click to show)

 

Windows background (Click to show)

No matter what I do, Haruhi isn't impressed!

LOL. That is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Google, Y U SO STUPID??

Went to the language page because I can't read chinese.

Language page and all the language choices written in chinese..... (=_=")

Hahaha. Don't use www.google.cn or whatever they use for the domain for Google China (besides for redirecting you to Baidu. lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

 

*snip*

 

biggrin.gif

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

LOL (because the American Eishi dialog is spoken in horrible English biggrin.gif)

In case you didn't know: TSFs = Mechs, Eishi = Pilot

 

1000

What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

*snip*
Also:
Randomly found this vid. Pretty well done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=WRVHuF0vEqc

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Mom got me a nexus 7 for my birthday. Score. Have to wait until after finals to get it though :c.

Awesome. Is your birthday today? (don't keep track of them. Sorry)

 

Anyways, off to open the box with the NZXT Source 220 and take a few pictures. They're going to be yellow-ish since the light bulbs in the fan have a slightly warm color and the camera I have to use is just horrible. My father got a pretty good Nikon but he took it with him to the other side of the world for the entire year.

post #42794 of 154438

Acchi Kocchi ep 13, I am ready to die from cuteness.

post #42795 of 154438
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Yes. Well, today I can open a few things (case and then I will take out the PSU and do some cable management).

 

Creep on people. We all know you're a pedopanda.

 

You are and idiot.

 

I MEAN THE BOX!

 

Hm...I think you told me once too.

Ugh, I've done that a few times with a megapost or two and I would have to go back and remember which ones I quoted.

 

Sucks...

LOL. That is awesome.

Hahaha. Don't use www.google.cn or whatever they use for the domain for Google China (besides for redirecting you to Baidu. lol).

LOL.

What the...

LOL.

Awesome. Is your birthday today? (don't keep track of them. Sorry)

 

Anyways, off to open the box with the NZXT Source 220 and take a few pictures. They're going to be yellow-ish since the light bulbs in the fan have a slightly warm color and the camera I have to use is just horrible. My father got a pretty good Nikon but he took it with him to the other side of the world for the entire year.

That happened to me too with the yello color.

 

 

 

bedroom new: (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

Acchi Kocchi ep 13, I am ready to die from cuteness.

Holy crap you are still watching that!??

 

 

@numbers kun

Congrats!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge