Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2852

post #42766 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

LAWL!!! biggrin.gif

 

Quote:

Secret Battle between Director and Animators Over Pantsu in Girls und Panzer

 
According to the Tweet of director Mizushima Tsutomu, he noticed that some animators of Girls und Panzer have been struggling to show pantsu of the characters although Mizushima had promised that there would be no pantsu shown in the anime. He said he will enforce the discipline of the staff to suppress the "resistance", but he would like to praise the courage if someone manages to insert pantsu scenes. According to Ibakaki Newspaper, Girls und Panzer has already contributed a lot to the tourism of the model town Oarai. The character tickets released by the local railway have been flying off the shelves and a Japanese-style Hotel, which Matilda crashed into in episode 4, got many reservations by the fans. Ibaraki Prefecture has been publicizing the anime on the top page of the official website.
 
Sources: Mizushima's Twitter account, Ibaraki Newspaper
 

 

1000

 

biggrin.gif

post #42767 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

 

biggrin.gif

LOL!

You went and dug up that post just for this? Otsukaresama~

post #42768 of 131061

Search within thread function is pretty awesome--I just typed "panzer pantsu" and it singled out your post biggrin.gif I like how you have all the advanced search options available now too.  I can search for "Joe" and have it sort posts by recency and I'd be able to find all the latest posts about me biggrin.gif
 

post #42769 of 131061

LOL (because the American Eishi dialog is spoken in horrible English biggrin.gif)

In case you didn't know: TSFs = Mechs, Eishi = Pilot

 

1000

post #42770 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Can you scrobble plays from your iPod if you use foobar to sync your iPod?

Yes.
post #42771 of 131061


Also:
Randomly found this vid. Pretty well done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=WRVHuF0vEqc
post #42772 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

What's your preferred sound signature?

I personally wouldn't get the HD650s, considering the HD600s are a thing for more balanced sound and the HE400s are a thing for better mids/bass from what I've heard...

 

 

Preferred? Not really sure honestly. Like my music library, my ranges in what I like sonically seem spread out pretty well. I enjoy well extended and controlled bass but am by no means a bass head and have a decent solution to those needs in the M50 so my next headphone need not be overly thumpy in that region but definite presence would be needed. The phone would have to treat well most genres and I guess a jack of all trades is needed with great musicality. Although neutral sound is great and all, my next can needs to have the ability to not dry out some of my lesser recorded music(like some of my anime tunes) but has to be no chump when it comes to my classical, rock, and jazz stuff. Vocals are something that I will admit has to be good, especially female vocalists.

 

When I hear talk about the HD650, I don't hear a lot about technicalities of it's sound, I hear about how a lot of people find them to make them enjoy music and that though they are forgiving to an extent, they also can bring some of the accuracy people look for as well. Once again, not to the extent of some cans but I'm looking for a balancing act hear, and that may be tough to do at this level. I wish I was just like some people and listened to only a few things, but when you go to and from 2Pac, MJ, RHCP, John Williams, Eri Kitamura, and Boyz II Men in a matter of minutes, then you kind of have a problem in the first place =__=. This is why I'll always be a multiple headphones kind of guy but for now, I'm just looking for a great Headphone that will do well with most genres and that has a sense of liveliness to it. What that translates to, I dunno but I'm going to work hard towards finding out what will closest fit that definition.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post


Looks like some Grado's might suit you well. Though I'm not particularly a fan of Grado sound.
Not to mention they aren't really full sized either.
Would any form of portability or transportability be of concern? I mean, if not you can probably manage to snipe some STAX on ebay.

 

No, they need to be dynamic, open, and full size. Also, they must pair well with my amp I guess but that's more of a given. Grado's however are not what I'm looking for. After spending two weeks with the SR325i, I have come to the conclusion that while I liked it for more acoustic pieces when I tried it at a meet, it does not mesh well with my equipment and overall library of music.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I was an inch away from eating sh** this morning. I had a room redesign and a larger bed and thus everything was messed up. As my alarm clock rang. I moved towards the left. But the alarm clock and bed wasnt there.... ... If not for my ninja panda schools. It would have ended badly as my bed is 2-3 ft high

 

Panda bomb!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


foobar2000!
foo_dop is actually better than iTunes' syncing feature, since it allows for more options like determining how the iPod sorts albums/artist. (for example you can make your iPod sort albums by date). And it also has the functionality to automatically transcode files when syncing with some pretty customizable criteria to any file format the iPod supports.

 

Hm, I'll have to remember this for next time I am talking to apple users

post #42773 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

What's your preferred sound signature?

I personally wouldn't get the HD650s, considering the HD600s are a thing for more balanced sound and the HE400s are a thing for better mids/bass from what I've heard...

 

 

Preferred? Not really sure honestly. Like my music library, my ranges in what I like sonically seem spread out pretty well. I enjoy well extended and controlled bass but am by no means a bass head and have a decent solution to those needs in the M50 so my next headphone need not be overly thumpy in that region but definite presence would be needed. The phone would have to treat well most genres and I guess a jack of all trades is needed with great musicality. Although neutral sound is great and all, my next can needs to have the ability to not dry out some of my lesser recorded music(like some of my anime tunes) but has to be no chump when it comes to my classical, rock, and jazz stuff. Vocals are something that I will admit has to be good, especially female vocalists.

 

When I hear talk about the HD650, I don't hear a lot about technicalities of it's sound, I hear about how a lot of people find them to make them enjoy music and that though they are forgiving to an extent, they also can bring some of the accuracy people look for as well. Once again, not to the extent of some cans but I'm looking for a balancing act hear, and that may be tough to do at this level. I wish I was just like some people and listened to only a few things, but when you go to and from 2Pac, MJ, RHCP, John Williams, Eri Kitamura, and Boyz II Men in a matter of minutes, then you kind of have a problem in the first place =__=. This is why I'll always be a multiple headphones kind of guy but for now, I'm just looking for a great Headphone that will do well with most genres and that has a sense of liveliness to it. What that translates to, I dunno but I'm going to work hard towards finding out what will closest fit that definition.

 

 

A varied taste in music shouldn't necessarily deter you in your quest for one ultimate pair of cans:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604058/whats-all-this-best-iem-for-rock-pop-bang-nonsense

post #42774 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I'm feeling like checking out iTunes 11 too right now. Too bad it doesn't run on Linux without Wine, and I don't feel like using Wine with it because it is bound to be even slower than slow when I do.

 

I wish it could actually work with Wine. I was messing around on my friend's Macbook yesterday and I have such iTunes 11 envy! Argh!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

 

Can't really read this, but I'm sure it's the best.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

A varied taste in music shouldn't necessarily deter you in your quest for one ultimate pair of cans:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604058/whats-all-this-best-iem-for-rock-pop-bang-nonsense

 

I've never understood the idea that a headphone is "better" or "worse" for specific genres either. Well, I think it can be to a certain extent, but not to the specificity and detail that people often seem to make it out to be. I've certainly never entertained the idea of having multiple headphones just for different types of music. That just seems silly to me.


Edited by manveru - 12/4/12 at 11:08am
post #42775 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post



biggrin.gif
Lol
Is it a good show!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Search within thread function is pretty awesome--I just typed "panzer pantsu" and it singled out your post biggrin.gif I like how you have all the advanced search options available now too.  I can search for "Joe" and have it sort posts by recency and I'd be able to find all the latest posts about me biggrin.gif

 
The search function is meh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Also:
Randomly found this vid. Pretty well done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=WRVHuF0vEqc
Will check out later
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Preferred? Not really sure honestly. Like my music library, my ranges in what I like sonically seem spread out pretty well. I enjoy well extended and controlled bass but am by no means a bass head and have a decent solution to those needs in the M50 so my next headphone need not be overly thumpy in that region but definite presence would be needed. The phone would have to treat well most genres and I guess a jack of all trades is needed with great musicality. Although neutral sound is great and all, my next can needs to have the ability to not dry out some of my lesser recorded music(like some of my anime tunes) but has to be no chump when it comes to my classical, rock, and jazz stuff. Vocals are something that I will admit has to be good, especially female vocalists.

When I hear talk about the HD650, I don't hear a lot about technicalities of it's sound, I hear about how a lot of people find them to make them enjoy music and that though they are forgiving to an extent, they also can bring some of the accuracy people look for as well. Once again, not to the extent of some cans but I'm looking for a balancing act hear, and that may be tough to do at this level. I wish I was just like some people and listened to only a few things, but when you go to and from 2Pac, MJ, RHCP, John Williams, Eri Kitamura, and Boyz II Men in a matter of minutes, then you kind of have a problem in the first place =__=. This is why I'll always be a multiple headphones kind of guy but for now, I'm just looking for a great Headphone that will do well with most genres and that has a sense of liveliness to it. What that translates to, I dunno but I'm going to work hard towards finding out what will closest fit that definition.


No, they need to be dynamic, open, and full size. Also, they must pair well with my amp I guess but that's more of a given. Grado's however are not what I'm looking for. After spending two weeks with the SR325i, I have come to the conclusion that while I liked it for more acoustic pieces when I tried it at a meet, it does not mesh well with my equipment and overall library of music.


Panda bomb!


Hm, I'll have to remember this for next time I am talking to apple users
Ill see you at NY MEET wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

I wish it could actually work with Wine. I was messing around on my friend's Macbook yesterday and I have such iTunes 11 envy! Argh!


Can't really read this, but I'm sure it's the best.


I've never understood the idea that a headphone is "better" or "worse" for specific genres either. Well, I think it can be to a certain extent, but not to the specificity and detail that people often seem to make it out to be. I've certainly never entertained the idea of having multiple headphones just for different types of music. That just seems silly to me.

Did you buy that desktop or laptop?
post #42776 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Did you buy that desktop or laptop?

 

That desktop. Once I have it, I'm almost tempted to just use Windows at first and see if I can get used to it again or be able to stand it, just for the ability to use iTunes. Almost...maybe...

post #42777 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

That desktop. Once I have it, I'm almost tempted to just use Windows at first and see if I can get used to it again or be able to stand it, just for the ability to use iTunes. Almost...maybe...
Oh you use linux?
So you already bought it?

I would never imagine someone would do such a drastic thing just for iTunes.
post #42778 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I would never imagine someone would do such a drastic thing just for iTunes.

 

I wouldn't actually do that, but I almost want to. Most music players in linux suck hard. There's only a few that are decent and none that are actually very good.

post #42779 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

 

A varied taste in music shouldn't necessarily deter you in your quest for one ultimate pair of cans:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604058/whats-all-this-best-iem-for-rock-pop-bang-nonsense

 

 

Though I disagree with the notion that one can to rule them all just because some argument about mastering, I do believe the "ultimate can" is an extremely neutral unforgiving one. But beyond that, I do feel that sometimes, headphones that "color" the sound to fit certain genres better are a good thing and nice to have.

 

@Manveru I'm not saying I have to have a can for every single genre....that IS silly. But because their are very powerful extremes in the sound of music across the board of it all, tt can be necessary for people like me to feel the need for multiple headphones to please them. To further add into that, there is the whole idea of just simply loving how a certain headphone sounds with some things and how one may sound with others.Sometimes there is no better, there just is how each does things differently and there is something to be respected about that and how some folks have that issue. You don't have to have 20 headphones for that, but I can understand why some have 5 or so just because they enjoy how certain cans treat certain songs. Maybe there is a more balanced option out there for those guys, maybe there isn't. Until it comes to fruition, the best choice is to have more than one can.

post #42780 of 131061
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Though I disagree with the notion that one can to rule them all just because some argument about mastering, I do believe the "ultimate can" is an extremely neutral unforgiving one. But beyond that, I do feel that sometimes, headphones that "color" the sound to fit certain genres better are a good thing and nice to have.

 

@Manveru I'm not saying I have to have a can for every single genre....that IS silly. But because their are very powerful extremes in the sound of music across the board of it all, tt can be necessary for people like me to feel the need for multiple headphones to please them. To further add into that, there is the whole idea of just simply loving how a certain headphone sounds with some things and how one may sound with others.Sometimes there is no better, there just is how each does things differently and there is something to be respected about that and how some folks have that issue. You don't have to have 20 headphones for that, but I can understand why some have 5 or so just because they enjoy how certain cans treat certain songs. Maybe there is a more balanced option out there for those guys, maybe there isn't. Until it comes to fruition, the best choice is to have more than one can.

 

I wasn't talking about you, just thinking aloud about generalities. redface.gif

 

More general thoughts:

I've never understood the idea of "unforgiving" either. The idea that some headphone is "so good that it makes bad recordings unlistenable." IME, a good headphone is...a good headphone. By the nature of what it's supposed to be it sounds good. Everything you play through it sounds better compared to a not as good headphone. Besides, a bad recording is a bad recording. It doesn't become any better or worse a recording if you play it through different gear. To me, bad recordings sound a whole lot better on the AD2000 or the Paradox compared to not as good headphones. In fact, I would say that a good headphone makes bad recordings more listenable (or should I say "bearable" depending on how bad it is).

 

Then of course, speakers seem to make recordings that sound awful on headphones sound amazing sometimes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge