Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2844

post #42646 of 134535

All that Nae talk is making me lost. Couldn't get into Steins;Gate as much as Robotics;Notes (blasphemy?). Possibly because the latter was the type of show I envisioned myself watching in the future as a kid (I was watching more mahou shoujo than you could shake a stick at, and I don't regret it). SoL elements, brunettes, giant robots - what could go wrong? So I guess like Robin van Persie, I listened to the little boy in me and picked up Robotics;Notes. Whilst not Hyouka-level spectacular for me, its nevertheless well beyond just nifty imo and could possibly sneak into my top 3 (out of 5) of the year.

 

It also made me regret not joining the Robotics Club the better part of a decade ago. If I had, I could possibly have made a replica of the Tameguchi and coded something to control it on the iPad/Galaxy Tab ala Kill-Ballad. Instead, I am sitting down here, listening to the Wish You Were Here SACD. Sigh.

 

tl;dr Robotics;Notes is damned nice, and I love that sort of setting, though I am only halfway through Episode 6.

 

Aki is asymptotically perfect, were it not for her somewhat sharp voice (byproduct of her genki personality?), though switching to warmer headphones may do the trick to tone down the stridency. Might need some amping (O2?) to listen to her too. Can anyone recommend me a good amp for listening to Akiho or a cable to recable my rig with so that Aki sounds even better?? I was thinking Nordost Valhalla for my wall wart and something from Audioquest for the internal wiring of my laptop.

 

Damn, I write like Nagaru Tanigawa with all the name-dropping and references.

post #42647 of 134535
Originally Posted by Dissonant View Post

Aki is asymptotically perfect, were it not for her somewhat sharp voice (byproduct of her genki personality?), though switching to warmer headphones may do the trick to tone down the stridency. Might need some amping (O2?) to listen to her too. Can anyone recommend me a good amp for listening to Akiho or a cable to recable my rig with so that Aki sounds even better?? I was thinking Nordost Valhalla for my wall wart and something from Audioquest for the internal wiring of my laptop.

 

I wouldn't bother with getting another amp or cables just to make her sound better (because it wont).

 

What headphones are you using?

 

You're better off grabbing another headphone, or using some EQ.

post #42648 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

That picture you posted is of a guy named Marshall Rosenberg. The fact that you randomly posted a picture of him not even knowing where it was from struck me as quite a coincidence because I am familiar with him and his work in developing a form of nonviolent communication.

 

I wish that everyone who gets into senseless arguments about nothing on forums would learn a little something from him.

Yeah, huge coincidence, it was just a semi well known meme

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonant View Post

All that Nae talk is making me lost. Couldn't get into Steins;Gate as much as Robotics;Notes (blasphemy?). Possibly because the latter was the type of show I envisioned myself watching in the future as a kid (I was watching more mahou shoujo than you could shake a stick at, and I don't regret it). SoL elements, brunettes, giant robots - what could go wrong? So I guess like Robin van Persie, I listened to the little boy in me and picked up Robotics;Notes. Whilst not Hyouka-level spectacular for me, its nevertheless well beyond just nifty imo and could possibly sneak into my top 3 (out of 5) of the year.

 

It also made me regret not joining the Robotics Club the better part of a decade ago. If I had, I could possibly have made a replica of the Tameguchi and coded something to control it on the iPad/Galaxy Tab ala Kill-Ballad. Instead, I am sitting down here, listening to the Wish You Were Here SACD. Sigh.

 

tl;dr Robotics;Notes is damned nice, and I love that sort of setting, though I am only halfway through Episode 6.

 

Aki is asymptotically perfect, were it not for her somewhat sharp voice (byproduct of her genki personality?), though switching to warmer headphones may do the trick to tone down the stridency. Might need some amping (O2?) to listen to her too. Can anyone recommend me a good amp for listening to Akiho or a cable to recable my rig with so that Aki sounds even better?? I was thinking Nordost Valhalla for my wall wart and something from Audioquest for the internal wiring of my laptop.

 

Damn, I write like Nagaru Tanigawa with all the name-dropping and references.

Yeah you do but I know them thankfully

 

So yeah, who the hell is Nae?

 

That would be sweet, building a robo and fitting it with Tamagachi armor and then wireless receiver and programing :)

 

It doesn't sound bad for me?

post #42649 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

I wouldn't bother with getting another amp or cables just to make her sound better (because it wont).

 

What headphones are you using?

 

You're better off grabbing another headphone, or using some EQ.

I looked at his signature and dam. That is one sick ass signature based of Unlimited Blade Wroks

post #42650 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonant View Post

Aki is asymptotically perfect, were it not for her somewhat sharp voice (byproduct of her genki personality?), though switching to warmer headphones may do the trick to tone down the stridency. Might need some amping (O2?) to listen to her too. Can anyone recommend me a good amp for listening to Akiho or a cable to recable my rig with so that Aki sounds even better?? I was thinking Nordost Valhalla for my wall wart and something from Audioquest for the internal wiring of my laptop.

 

No disrespect intended, but I honestly can't tell anymore if these types of questions are supposed to be jokes or not. Well, I can guess, but we sometimes tend to see what we want to see.

post #42651 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Yeah, huge coincidence, it was just a semi well known meme

 

Wow. I can't believe Marshall Rosenberg is actually a meme! Haha. Ironically the content of what he's probably talking about in that picture is serious stuff.

post #42652 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I read like 4 chapters as well.

As a reader of the LN. counting V1,2,3,7 ASUNYAN is pretty awesome.

How many files and how big are they in your SSD? Your SSD may just not be too good in reads and thus with more split up individual files that add up to a lot, it may have a hard time?

OR

check to make sure it is really on your SSD. Windows in the downloads, video's, pictures, documents and other main library folders compounds folders from different locations to make that "downloads library" that you click on. 
No idea but since it's a laptop there's only one SSD as hard drive. So yes, it really is on my SSD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Meh, Fullmetal Alchemist turns out to be above my level as well to read in Japanese.
Any suggestions? Otherwise I'll search on my own again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Non-audiophiles? People interested in a flat or V-curved headphone? Or those who don't like/don't listen to vocal music? Or those who don't like the coloration of the AD2000?
@Borisu: I just the vocaloid sampler from Yamaha, GOOD GOD, WHAT DID THEY DO TO "JUST BE FRIENDS???" IT SOUNDS TERRIBLE!
Also, my new song of the week (probably):
I guess shounen stuff would be easy?
Like Eden no Ori is pretty easy to read until they start talking about wtfDNAandDINOSAURS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

I would totally use iTunes 11 if it could play FLAC.




Totally forgot Robotics;Notes was on the same timeline/world as Steins;Gate until Nae showed up. I hear people's complaints about nothing happening but it's exactly the same as Steins;Gate in that regard. The early episodes just go through life for the characters with a bit of foreshadowing.

I'm quite enjoying the show. Much more than I was enjoying Steins;Gate after eight episodes.
Nae!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonder what kind of upbringing she has in the Robotic;Notes timeline.
post #42653 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

No disrespect intended, but I honestly can't tell anymore if these types of questions are supposed to be jokes or not. Well, I can guess, but we sometimes tend to see what we want to see.

 

I just reread Dissonant's post more closely, and actually now I'm rather certain that it really was a joke...

post #42654 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonant View Post

Aki is asymptotically perfect, were it not for her somewhat sharp voice (byproduct of her genki personality?), though switching to warmer headphones may do the trick to tone down the stridency. Might need some amping (O2?) to listen to her too. Can anyone recommend me a good amp for listening to Akiho or a cable to recable my rig with so that Aki sounds even better?? I was thinking Nordost Valhalla for my wall wart and something from Audioquest for the internal wiring of my laptop.

Damn, I write like Nagaru Tanigawa with all the name-dropping and references.
Silver recabled KSC75 with portapro drivers ofc. And some freakin tube amp. Solid State won't do.
Laptop needs to also be shielded with 1/16" lead sheets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

So yeah, who the hell is Nae?
Mr. Braun's daughter from Steins;Gate. 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 already answered you, you can even see her picture (taken from game).
post #42655 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

NO.jpg

 

*facepalm*

iTunes STILL does not support FLAC?

Not that I care because I'm used the the routine of converting everything to ALAC and re-tagging so things fits nicely in my library...

 

Lol everyone I know just calls the ipod touch a touch.. i mean what other product is called a touch? 

post #42656 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Silver recabled KSC75 with portapro drivers ofc. And some freakin tube amp. Solid State won't do.
Laptop needs to also be shielded with 1/16" lead sheets.
Mr. Braun's daughter from Steins;Gate. 0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 already answered you, you can even see her picture (taken from game).

You forgot uranium platting packed with 1 inch of ruby.

Oh RIGHT!. That may be reason enough to pick it up again. I dont know.....
post #42657 of 134535

Parrot imitating PoPiPo. Go to the 30 second mark and wait for it...

post #42658 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Too much effort, not worth it.

 

 

 

http://myanimelist.net/character.php?id=38559

NAE~

OMG She's in R;N ?!!??!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Well that was unexpected. Do you know who this is a picture of? Or is it just a funny picture? Either way, what a coincidence.

Nope.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Click on the bottom leftmost link in my sig and you'll see what I mean.

 

If you're referring to iTunes, I use Ubuntu...

will watch later...

 

Really? why?
I find it hard to do things in ubuntu due to the lack of functions in the GUI....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

So yeah, who the hell is Nae?

 

That would be sweet, building a robo and fitting it with Tamagachi armor and then wireless receiver and programing :)

read damnit!

 

Not that hard.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I looked at his signature and dam. That is one sick ass signature based of Unlimited Blade Wroks

I know right?!?!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

Lol everyone I know just calls the ipod touch a touch.. i mean what other product is called a touch? 

itouchmyself (yeah I do)

post #42659 of 134535
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

will watch later...

 

Really? why?
I find it hard to do things in ubuntu due to the lack of functions in the GUI....

 

redface.gif

 

OSX is fine, except Finder. Finder is an abomination which I cannot stand for. Macs are way beyond anything I could ever dream of affording anyway.

Windows is nightmarishly obnoxious, always messing up, doing weird stuff, taking forever at the most inconvenient times, an eyesore.

With Ubuntu...everything is free, GUI (using gnome) for me is effortlessly easy to use and has exactly what I want/need without a bunch of extraneous overly convoluted crap I don't, updates are non-compulsory quick and painless, boot and shutdown are way faster, not as buggy or problematic as long as you yourself aren't trying weird or unstable stuff, I think it's pretty. Better or equivalent software for everything (well, I dual boot to use things like Pro Tools of course), though one thing that's lacking is that there's no really good music player for Linux that I've seen, just a few decent to good-but-with-minor-caveats ones.

post #42660 of 134535

@ Nonviolent Communication

If only everybody in the world could do that..........

A communistic society will actually work.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge