Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2840

post #42586 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

My degree in music will be absolutely useless in the conventional sense, haha.

Same for mathematics and physics, but in both cases we will still have gained skills that are valuable (for me it will be things like analytic thinking, formal writing and doing independent research).
post #42587 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Same for mathematics and physics, but in both cases we will still have gained skills that are valuable (for me it will be things like analytic thinking, formal writing and doing independent research).

 

Indeed, indeed.

post #42588 of 134739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Same for mathematics and physics, but in both cases we will still have gained skills that are valuable (for me it will be things like analytic thinking, formal writing and doing independent research).

This.

post #42589 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Your spelling is horrible, I don't even understand how you haven't failed English class yet.
*laughs*

Same here.

Haha, that's how he should.

I can bet you most of his work IS like that.

I see.


My condolences in that case, Panda.
post #42590 of 134739
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I see.
My condolences in that case, Panda.

*laughs*

 

(✌゚∀゚)☞

post #42591 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

The author has taken a personal liking to that sort of scene?

 

Meh, doesn't matter. I'm going to be honest, I thought that was a crappy scene.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This is all you saw:

 
*fight*
 
Asuna clip show
 
*dies*

 

 

Maybe that may have been more dramatic if it were in SAO instead of ALO with the entire "you die in both worlds if you die in one" sort of thing but honestly, that was pretty lame.

Meh. AOTM is pretty pointless now to me.

 

Your spelling is horrible, I don't even understand how you haven't failed English class yet.

*laughs*

Same here.

Haha, that's how he should.

I can bet you most of his work IS like that.

You never did AOTM?

 

Yeah. IT more or less is. My A.P classes besides A.P Euro do not require any care of the English language. I write more in my history class than my Engrish class. And that is still very little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I see.
My condolences in that case, Panda.

Yeah, I admit I never paid attention to it. I just went with the assumption it will get better...

post #42592 of 134739

6ft2Q.gif

post #42593 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

6ft2Q.gif


(/゚Д゚)/


Well it's Pinkiepie, so I guess she kinda deserves it. Annoying brat.
post #42594 of 134739

I majored in history briefly, and I'd say it definitely will require lots of writing. As for myself, I find that writing skills and language proficiency in general are directly proportional to the amount of reading done. And I mean "real" books, like literature or philosophical essays or things of that nature.

post #42595 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

I majored in history briefly, and I'd say it definitely will require lots of writing. As for myself, I find that writing skills and language proficiency in general are directly proportional to the amount of reading done. And I mean "real" books, like literature or philosophical essays or things of that nature.

I disagree. Writing a lot, even on things like forums, also works really well. Sure, reading helps, but it's definitely not necessary.
I have done close to zero reading of what according to you are "real" books, yet I believe my proficiency of the English language is not bad at all.

There are multiple paths to increasing language proficiency, and reading literature is just one of them.
post #42596 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


(/゚Д゚)/
Well it's Pinkiepie, so I guess she kinda deserves it. Annoying brat.

I posted that just for you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

I majored in history briefly, and I'd say it definitely will require lots of writing. As for myself, I find that writing skills and language proficiency in general are directly proportional to the amount of reading done. And I mean "real" books, like literature or philosophical essays or things of that nature.

Really? I talk history a lot and you never add on or say anything to my hisotry?

 

See, I have read way too much manga and not enough Netzche 

post #42597 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I posted that just for you smily_headphones1.gif
Really? I talk history a lot and you never add on or say anything to my hisotry?

See, I have read way too much manga and not enough Netzche 

Who's Netzche? Some Latin American German?
post #42598 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Who's Netzche? Some Latin American German?

I spelt it wrong but here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche

post #42599 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I spelt it wrong but here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche

I knew who you were referring to. I mean, for real, who doesn't know good 'ol Nietzsche?
post #42600 of 134739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I disagree. Writing a lot, even on things like forums, also works really well. Sure, reading helps, but it's definitely not necessary.
I have done close to zero reading of what according to you are "real" books, yet I believe my proficiency of the English language is not bad at all.
There are multiple paths to increasing language proficiency, and reading literature is just one of them.

 

Indeed. That's why I tried to qualify my statement with "as for myself." As soon as I stopped reading as much, I couldn't write as articulately or "flowery" anymore, no matter if I was posting online, writing essays at school or what have you. Reading works best for me personally.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Really? I talk history a lot and you never add on or say anything to my hisotry?

 

Eh, it was only for one semester between dropping physics and transferring to my current school to do music. I don't have a great desire to discuss history unless I need it in order to make a point relating to the present or the future. Besides, I don't actually know it all detailed or anything, more recent or modern history especially. I used to sometimes read books, usually relating to ancient history, in my free time...I should pick them up again if I can find the time and patience. I got an amazing deal on eBay a few years back for all 11 volumes of Will Durant's Story of Civilization.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge