Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2808

post #42106 of 125436
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

LOL, just use the computer repairman's trick and ground yourself to the case...

+1

I was expecting to read paragraphs of epicness when I got out of school today :(

Meh, I just told you I was too lazy to. Well, I probably won't need to. I'll just route some cables in the case. I need to move the 120mm back exhaust to the front as an intake and move the 140mm fan up one slot and make that an intake too. I need to find a way to make it run at lower speeds. You think the motherboard will be able to adjust the voltage using the UEFI or something like SpeedFan? I don't want to get anything extra. It's going to be a really loud fan (most likely, although I'm hoping for NZXT's 140mm enthusiast fan. Currently the best 140mm fan you can get right now that's not something like Sanyo, Servo, or Delta).

 

Meh, I'm not all that active anymore. I might as well just ask the mods to transfer ownership to somebody else or give somebody my account. A bit lazy to come on. I should be doing homework right now though...

post #42107 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I told you two days ago and you had Monday and Tuesday. I was sort of expecting that you'd let me borrow the anti-static strap starting from today. Meh...

 

Well, it doesn't matter all that much since if I do anything I won't get that far. If I have time at all this week (hopefully today), I'll ask my mother if she wants any more photos taken just in case I need to file for RMA or something and for some reason need proof as to how the item was damaged. Unfortunately, my camera is dumb and won't insert dates. I'm going to have to assume that you'll have to go to the properties of the photos. The camera is horrible. Its white balance is pretty far off and there's enough noise to be comparable to my iPod (6.2MP with that much noise is a bit unacceptable. ISO is locked unfortunately).

 

Didn't know when you would need it. 

 

Dude...LOLOLOL9OLOOAFODSAJFOSAJFODSAF ROFAL ROFLA FASJFLDS ROFL AFJADS[F=DSALFJ ROFL COPTER.

 

Newegg doesn't need photo ident. You basically tell them it was defective, they give you a free ups label and bam. Done.

 

@Mechy

Paragraphs of epicness? Wrong thread?

post #42108 of 125436
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

Didn't know when you would need it. 

 

Dude...LOLOLOL9OLOOAFODSAJFOSAJFODSAF ROFAL ROFLA FASJFLDS ROFL AFJADS[F=DSALFJ ROFL COPTER.

 

Newegg doesn't need photo ident. You basically tell them it was defective, they give you a free ups label and bam. Done.

 

@Mechy

Paragraphs of epicness? Wrong thread?

I know, but my mother doesn't believe. NZXT, Corsair, AMD, Newegg, G.Skill, etc. are all great companies to deal with. I haven't heard anything about Biostar.

 

He's referring to when I put you all to shame by pulling a Haiby (not tripping down the stairs due to my fail balance with my 5-ton backpack).

post #42109 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I know, but my mother doesn't believe. NZXT, Corsair, AMD, Newegg, G.Skill, etc. are all great companies to deal with. I haven't heard anything about Biostar.

 

He's referring to when I put you all to shame by pulling a Haiby.

Oh those.

 

Biostar? If you are within 2 weeks and it dies. You don't deal with Biostar. You deal with Newegg. 

post #42110 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

He's referring to when I put you all to shame by pulling a Haiby (not tripping down the stairs due to my fail balance with my 5-ton backpack).

What have I missed? When did that happen? Were you ok after the fall? Break anything?

Why even have a heavy backpack, don't you have lockers? Or are you one of those weird people who always carries all his books with him?


Did you know that adding a lot of question sentences makes my writing annoying? Have you ever tried it? If not, why not? Don't you think you should?
post #42111 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


What have I missed? When did that happen? Were you ok after the fall? Break anything?
Why even have a heavy backpack, don't you have lockers? Or are you one of those weird people who always carries all his books with him?
Did you know that adding a lot of question sentences makes my writing annoying? Have you ever tried it? If not, why not? Don't you think you should?

I posted about this. It was coincindentally the day after Jgray drew the pic of Haiburi tripping. (is his account stil locked?)

 

 

 

That happened like 2 months ago. He skinned  his knee and did the peter griffin "aaaaaahhh ssssss" thing.

 

Our HS lockers suck.

 

Did you know that questions rule? They are pretty fantastic right? Do you know that the sky is blue?

post #42112 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Meh, I just told you I was too lazy to. Well, I probably won't need to. I'll just route some cables in the case. I need to move the 120mm back exhaust to the front as an intake and move the 140mm fan up one slot and make that an intake too. I need to find a way to make it run at lower speeds. You think the motherboard will be able to adjust the voltage using the UEFI or something like SpeedFan? I don't want to get anything extra. It's going to be a really loud fan (most likely, although I'm hoping for NZXT's 140mm enthusiast fan. Currently the best 140mm fan you can get right now that's not something like Sanyo, Servo, or Delta).

 

Meh, I'm not all that active anymore. I might as well just ask the mods to transfer ownership to somebody else or give somebody my account. A bit lazy to come on. I should be doing homework right now though...

You should be able to if the fans you're dealing with are 3 or 4 pin and hook them directly up to the motherboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
@Mechy

Paragraphs of epicness? Wrong thread?

I was actually referring to MEGAPOSTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I know, but my mother doesn't believe. NZXT, Corsair, AMD, Newegg, G.Skill, etc. are all great companies to deal with. I haven't heard anything about Biostar.

 

He's referring to when I put you all to shame by pulling a Haiby (not tripping down the stairs due to my fail balance with my 5-ton backpack).

 

I've had good experiences with my biostar board, most of their stuff like t-overclocker and bioremote are gimmicks though.

Chase has a biostar board in his comp and it's limiting his 2500k overclock to 4.2GHZ before blue screening the system...

It is really entertaining changing the boot screen with BioScreen though. I should take a video of my computer's startup process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


What have I missed? When did that happen? Were you ok after the fall? Break anything?
Why even have a heavy backpack, don't you have lockers? Or are you one of those weird people who always carries all his books with him?
Did you know that adding a lot of question sentences makes my writing annoying? Have you ever tried it? If not, why not? Don't you think you should?
It really depends on the school and classes you're taking, but at our school, lockers are almost never used and you're expected to carry all your books everywhere.

Planning on getting some work on project H done tonight...


Also, I have FLACs of all the ED songs from oreimo that chase gave me, and I'm trying to figure out if they're bootlegs, upconverts from MP3, or just flat out another master, because I got the songs themselves from the BD copies and some of them sound dramatically better off the BD CDs...

post #42113 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

You should be able to if the fans you're dealing with are 3 or 4 pin and hook them directly up to the motherboard.

I was actually referring to MEGAPOSTS!

 

I've had good experiences with my biostar board, most of their stuff like t-overclocker and bioremote are gimmicks though.

Chase has a biostar board in his comp and it's limiting his 2500k overclock to 4.2GHZ before blue screening the system...

It is really entertaining changing the boot screen with BioScreen though. I should take a video of my computer's startup process...

I believe my RAM is limiting me. It was the cheapest RAM one could buy. How much was it if it was so cheap? 6GiB DDR3 1333MHz at $120 yeah, I was a very early adopter of DDR3.

 

think I'm kidding?

 

700

 

 

This is my invoice.

 

I have too many things plugged into my Mobo. 5HDD's and a DVD drive and then in the back an external, wireless mouse and keyboard and apple transfer cable. What this means that if my computer ever crashes for any reason (gaming with overclocked GPU) I need to unplug all the things in the back, and unplug all the HDD's minus my main boot HDD before it will boot past POST. It's a pain. The 5 drives most of which are just miscellaneous 60GB drives anywho. I should just disconnect them.

post #42114 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I believe my RAM is limiting me. It was the cheapest RAM one could buy. How much was it if it was so cheap? 6GiB DDR3 1333MHz at $120 yeah, I was a very early adopter of DDR3.

 

think I'm kidding?

 

700

 

 

This is my invoice.

 

I have too many things plugged into my Mobo. 5HDD's and a DVD drive and then in the back an external, wireless mouse and keyboard and apple transfer cable. What this means that if my computer ever crashes for any reason (gaming with overclocked GPU) I need to unplug all the things in the back, and unplug all the HDD's minus my main boot HDD before it will boot past POST. It's a pain. The 5 drives most of which are just miscellaneous 60GB drives anywho. I should just disconnect them.

Ram... limiting you from changing your CPU frequency???

I believe you about the RAM, lol. Our school did the same thing with their computers...

Also, that really sucks that you have to disconnect all external drives first, why not just set your boot drive as the first one in the boot order?


Check the P-H forum foolz, I changed up the front panel design.


Edited by mechgamer123 - 11/27/12 at 3:36pm
post #42115 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Ram... limiting you from changing your CPU frequency???

I believe you about the RAM, lol. Our school did the same thing with their computers...

Also, that really sucks that you have to disconnect all external drives first, why not just set your boot drive as the first one in the boot order?

Not changing. From getting a stable 4.2GHz without BSOD'ing. Others with my setups can achieve 4.8GHz no problem. RAM can severely limit clocks if it isnt....that "good"

 

You don't get it. It won't BOOT at all if anything in the back is plugged in ALONG WITH anything but one drive in the SATA ports on my mobo. I used to just clear CMOS but guess what. That means resetting everything and plugging the drives back in would then sometimes give me a dead unstarrtable system again because things are plugged in now. And then if it does boot, as I cleared my CMOS, it would boot to the wrong HDD. And so my solution is to just pull everything out and then start it and as it is booting into my Splash screen and what not I plug all my HDD's and DVD drives in at that moment. If you know what you are doing, it won't fry your computer or anything. 

 

This is one thing called experience. 

post #42116 of 125436
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Oh those.

 

Biostar? If you are within 2 weeks and it dies. You don't deal with Biostar. You deal with Newegg. 

I'm aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


What have I missed? When did that happen? Were you ok after the fall? Break anything?
Why even have a heavy backpack, don't you have lockers? Or are you one of those weird people who always carries all his books with him?
Did you know that adding a lot of question sentences makes my writing annoying? Have you ever tried it? If not, why not? Don't you think you should?

This happened a month or two ago, and yes, I was okay, didn't break anything. Thank you for the concern.

 

We do but it's more convenient and the lockers are puny. The new school will have larger ones (we're getting a new building).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

You should be able to if the fans you're dealing with are 3 or 4 pin and hook them directly up to the motherboard.

I was actually referring to MEGAPOSTS!

Good. Dealing with two 3-pin friends I believe.

 

:D

post #42117 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Not changing. From getting a stable 4.2GHz without BSOD'ing. Others with my setups can achieve 4.8GHz no problem. RAM can severely limit clocks if it isnt....that "good"

 

You don't get it. It won't BOOT at all if anything in the back is plugged in ALONG WITH anything but one drive in the SATA ports on my mobo. I used to just clear CMOS but guess what. That means resetting everything and plugging the drives back in would then sometimes give me a dead unstarrtable system again because things are plugged in now. And then if it does boot, as I cleared my CMOS, it would boot to the wrong HDD. And so my solution is to just pull everything out and then start it and as it is booting into my Splash screen and what not I plug all my HDD's and DVD drives in at that moment. If you know what you are doing, it won't fry your computer or anything. 

 

This is one thing called experience. 

Huh, I believe he got some sort of Corsair Dominator series RAM, it looked pretty good.

That sucks, what brand of mobo do you have again?

post #42118 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I'm aware.

This happened a month or two ago, and yes, I was okay, didn't break anything. Thank you for the concern.

 

We do but it's more convenient and the lockers are puny. The new school will have larger ones (we're getting a new building).

Good. Dealing with two 3-pin friends I believe.

 

:D

That is weird. Photo evidence.....you could literally submit a picture of a pig head to places that do require it (Amazon) and everything would still go smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Huh, I believe he got some sort of Corsair Dominator series RAM, it looked pretty good.

That sucks, what brand of mobo do you have again?

I have a $140 ASUS M4a78T-E motherboard. Using gaming series 790GX chipset. One of the top of the line chipsets of the time. I didn't need a 790FX or Enthusiast class motherboard either way.

 

Obviously...its not the pinicle of tech anymore.

 

 


@Rikkun

I am demoing the entirety of the Tokyo Jiken ADULT album right now.


Edited by bowei006 - 11/27/12 at 3:48pm
post #42119 of 125436
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post

Yes. You need to play at least 2 routes in Muv-Luv Extra which will unlock Muv-Luv Unlimited. After you've finished that you can start Muv-Luv Alternative.

I didn't bother with Extra and Unlimited.
Read everything off Muv-Luv Wikia and I'm already finding it very enjoyable!

@bowei
The OST Album is a must have!
Well 2 albums actually.
post #42120 of 125436

@panda

Weird computer problem you have there with the boot disks... do you mean that because of too many drives plugged in your computer doesn't have power to spin them all up at boot?  Maybe a beefier PSU is your answer then

 

Also, I'd stop juggling so many series and finish one before starting another if I were you.  If I go that long between episodes I hardly remember what's going on with that show anymore haha.  Fate/Zero deserves better than this!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge