Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2794

post #41896 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

 

Do you read the translations or the original?

 

Both. I read the original first and the translation when it came out.

post #41897 of 156169
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Thanks, another person that doesn't feel the need to believe all the stupid accessories industries make us believe we absolutely need! cool.gif
Btw, the song links you posted previously (kitty 2211 v2)<--- do you know the song title in that one? I've heard it many times but never heard the song title.

 

Yup, here it is; 

 

post #41898 of 156169

I am still 2 episodes away from finishing that show. I saw one episode (ep 22) a month ago. So basically in the months that it has ended, I had 3 episodes to watch and watch at a rate of less than 1 ep per month.

post #41899 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post

Both. I read the original first and the translation when it came out.

Dyaam! you really like the series don't you?

I need to learn Japanese asap.... probably in my extended summer holiday once I graduate High school.
post #41900 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialX View Post

 

Both. I read the original first and the translation when it came out.

 

Hmm... were the translations fan-made? Mind posting a link?

post #41901 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

 

Hmm... were the translations fan-made? Mind posting a link?

 

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online

post #41902 of 156169
Asap japanese? ......... I dont know about that. It took rikkun a bit of dedication.

Start with yotsuba?
post #41903 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post

Hmm... were the translations fan-made? Mind posting a link?

Yea, fan translated but they did a hella good job with it. Blatant grammar mistakes were few. I mean blatant, im sure grammar nazis would jump down on it but it was well done.
post #41904 of 156169

I don't think Japanese is really very hard. It's just a matter of whether or not you can consistently keep up regular practice and memorization, which I haven't...haha.

 

Now Spanish...I freaking hated Spanish. Then again, I had some truly horrible teachers.

post #41905 of 156169
You havent seen the 10k kanji yet.

Spanish. Oh gosh, those were some dark days.

American foreign language classes are horrible

Ive been playing so many games this week and last.

I will watch some more anime soon... But I bought and or got 8 games in the last 2 weeks(i bought most of them)
post #41906 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Asap japanese? ......... I dont know about that. It took rikkun a bit of dedication.
Start with yotsuba?

I'd probably take a japanese course, figure it'd be a good idea to start by getting all the basics right and self-control is not one of my strengths.
post #41907 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

I don't think Japanese is really very hard. It's just a matter of whether or not you can consistently keep up regular practice and memorization, which I haven't...haha.

 

Now Spanish...I freaking hated Spanish. Then again, I had some truly horrible teachers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

You havent seen the 10k kanji yet.
Spanish. Oh gosh, those were some dark days.
American foreign language classes are horrible
Ive been playing so many games this week and last.
I will watch some more anime soon... But I bought and or got 8 games in the last 2 weeks(i bought most of them)

 

Japanese is far easier to learn than English. Took it over the summer at my university. With my Chinese background, the kanji isn't really a problem, and a lot of the sentence structure is similar to Chinese anyways.

 

English and French are the two most inconsistent and incoherent languages on Earth.

 

If you're looking into self-studying Japanese, there's the Genki and Minna no Nihongo series of textbooks, workbooks, and recordings.

 

Just watched episode 9 of Jinrui wa Suitai Shima****a. I love the satire.


Edited by mbamg - 11/24/12 at 10:42pm
post #41908 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

You havent seen the 10k kanji yet.

Spanish. Oh gosh, those were some dark days.
American foreign language classes are horrible

 

Kanji didn't seem too bad to me. You start to notice patterns and stuff. I'd still say it's merely a matter of if you're actually able to put the time/effort into actually learning it.

 

*shudder*

In Spanish 2, we had one of those teachers who just rambles on about random stuff for an 40-50 minutes and never actually talks about Spanish. The guy next to me literally turned in a blank test with his name on it and I think he got a "B."

 

All the Japanese teachers I've had though for some reason had tons of personality and were exceptional teachers.


Edited by manveru - 11/24/12 at 10:43pm
post #41909 of 156169
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Asap japanese? ......... I dont know about that. It took rikkun a bit of dedication.
Start with yotsuba?

 

Yotsuba!& is pretty good. Doraemon is your best bet though.

post #41910 of 156169

Woot, mini MEGAPOST!

Hmm, I plan on taking Japanese at college, if I get into the college I want. So, eventually I do plan on knowing more than "kawaii" and "hai" and "baka" and stuff like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

I don't think Japanese is really very hard. It's just a matter of whether or not you can consistently keep up regular practice and memorization, which I haven't...haha.

 

Now Spanish...I freaking hated Spanish. Then again, I had some truly horrible teachers.

Learning all the kanji is pretty intimidating to me...

Spanish wasn't that hard at all. Then again, I had some authentic teachers and a 45% mexican population in my town, so I'm sure that helped a bit. It's really easy when you don't have to learn a new alphabet and stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

You havent seen the 10k kanji yet.
Spanish. Oh gosh, those were some dark days.
American foreign language classes are horrible
Ive been playing so many games this week and last.
I will watch some more anime soon... But I bought and or got 8 games in the last 2 weeks(i bought most of them)

Yeah, that's what's intimidating to me is the 10k kanji...

Really? as noted above I didn't think spanish was that bad at all...

I just learned tonight that my little redneck high school offered a Japanese language until 2 years before I got to high school... mad.gif

Apparently there was also an ani-manga club that's now disbanded...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbamg View Post
Japanese is far easier to learn than English. Took it over the summer at my university. With my Chinese background, the kanji isn't really a problem, and a lot of the sentence structure is similar to Chinese anyways.

 

English and French are the two most inconsistent and incoherent languages on Earth.

 

If you're looking into self-studying Japanese, there's the Genki and Minna no Nihongo series of textbooks, workbooks, and recordings.

You definitely had an advantage already knowing kanji... which many other people don't have the luxury of knowing previously. Then again, being English born I understand English a bit better. But I must agree with you that English can be really confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Kanji didn't seem too bad to me. You start to notice patterns and stuff. I'd still say it's merely a matter of if you're actually able to put the time/effort into actually learning it.

 

*shudder*

In Spanish 2, we had one of those teachers who just rambles on about random stuff for an 40-50 minutes and never actually talks about Spanish. The guy next to me literally turned in a blank test with his name on it and I think he got a "B."

 

All the Japanese teachers I've had though for some reason had tons of personality and were exceptional teachers.

Really? Huh, maybe I should start trying to learn Japanese on my iPad with the "learning japanese" app I found... but UGH that requires work.

Wow, my spanish 2 class was tough. One of like 3 classes I didn't get a perfect A in (Only an A- Lol.)

Our teacher was awesome though. He spoke mostly in Spanish, and helped immerse us in Mexican culture. FWIW, he also told us he illegally immigrated to America when he was a child with his parents, and later became a resident and got his teaching degree.


GRR! Amazon is frustrating me... Even though I ordered my 3TB HDD and Flash drive Friday morning, they didn't ship out yesterday. But I got an email tonight at 9:45 saying they had shipped. When I clicked on the tracking though, the left Amazon's warehouse and were on their way to a UPS distribution center now... So 2 day shipping turns out to be 5 day shipping. >_< SERIOUSLY! IT SHOULDN'T TAKE THAT LONG TO SHIP FROM ONE SIDE OF WA TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!


@project H: Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been busy and "busy", haven't found time to work on it any more.  I have mostly been hanging with friends and putting up christmas decorations. But tomorrow hopefully after I finish putting up Christmas stuff and applying to my 2nd university (and the one I really want to get into) I'll have an hour or 2 to adjust the font on the front case, and potentially get a high rez version to Borisu so we can move forward...


Also, I added 280 vocaloid songs to my iPod today... I think I found my new Song of the Week:

Warning: Listening devices with good sub bass response recommended... The HD600s doesn't hit enough of the low octaves in this song to sound great to me IMO. But, my car's subwoofer makes this sound sound GOOD!

Haven't tried my room's sub yet but I'm expecting good things. 
I'm also not even sure why I like the song, I mean it's a song mainly written towards girls about a guy getting friend zoned, but ever since I heard it the first time from the exit tunes album I've been hooked. I guess it just has that addictive sauce added somewhere in the mixing process :)


Edited by mechgamer123 - 11/25/12 at 1:09am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge