Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2684

post #40246 of 121608

ugly polo chan total ignored my statement of pci or pcie internal desktop. :c.

post #40247 of 121608

@Mechy

If it was me, I'd go for a customs because of these reasons :

1. uniquely yours

2. isolation

3. custom art

4. and last but not least, statement


Edited by graphidz - 11/10/12 at 10:35am
post #40248 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

@Mechy
If it was me, I'd go for a customs because of these reasons :
1. uniquely yours
2. isolation
3. custom art
Those are definitely true. But what should one get for custom artwork? It needs to be something timeless, which not very anime are IMO.
Also, the reason I'm bashing customs a bit is because evetan was on a tight budget and looking for IEMs. As far as value for money, customs aren't exactly it.
That being said, if I find myself using IEMs more in college, I'll probably get a set of V3s.
post #40249 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Those are definitely true. But what should one get for custom artwork? It needs to be something timeless, which not very anime are IMO.
Also, the reason I'm bashing customs a bit is because evetan was on a tight budget and looking for IEMs. As far as value for money, customs aren't exactly it.
That being said, if I find myself using IEMs more in college, I'll probably get a set of V3s.

 

Depends on the anime. Well atleast for me code geass will always be a childhood classic and ciems aren't really "out-there" when you put them in, sure someone would notice but they aren't really obnoxious at all so w/e.

post #40250 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

I'm now trying Sounddogs. Will give this a try too. Thanks

 

Update : Wow. the site you gave me is waaay more useful. THANKS!

 

That's what I mean, haha. Sounddogs is pretty crappy.

post #40251 of 121608
A gift from ImperialX: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #40252 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@Accoun

PICS!@ PICS!

I wish. My Galaxy Mini has a tragic camera. May look for others' photos, if you want...

post #40253 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Depends on the anime. Well atleast for me code geass will always be a childhood classic and ciems aren't really "out-there" when you put them in, sure someone would notice but they aren't really obnoxious at all so w/e.
Yeah, unless you have something really obviously vulgar like a huge nipple nobody is really gonna notice...
But I don't really have a childhood favorite anime LOL, the closest thing to it would probably be yugioh, which I was obsessed with for about a year...
I guess if anyone I'd probably put haruhi on one side, and some other kyoani character on the other side... Azunyan? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by mechgamer123 - 11/10/12 at 10:51am
post #40254 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

My lappy is just that terribad...

 

Really? Because some sites say that by lowering the game's video setting helps to lower the ping

And I'm using wireless. I should try using a cable connection sometimes

Sometimes it may, not always, the ping is your connection to the server or another player depending on what style of connection the server uses either server based or p2p based or a conenction of both

 

Past a certain low bottleneck point at the near bottom performance of game shouldn't affect game but if your computer sucks so hard that even the game can't do its input ouput functions right then yes, that could have an effect on ping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

I didn't hate it necessarily, I just couldn't make heads or tails of it so I have no idea what to think, haha.

 

Just finished stringing a guitar for the first time :)

yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Does anyone here knows where I can get really good sound effects from? I want to create a track for the ghost house event

Soudbible?

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Sometimes? It occurs a bit to frequently to call it 'sometimes'.
The problem is not upload speed, people have simply not yet put a torrent online.
Edit: there's a DDL up. Yay!

Ok I do it quite often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Oh my gosh, I just played that last night!!!
Chase-Kun downloaded that and improved on it by adding more custom posters and custom music on the level with a concert in it...
L4D was quite a fun game when I played pc games...
@borisu happy birthday!
@Bowei, why are customs the new age of listening??? It's not like they use magical godlike drivers that universals can't, they just give you a better seal.

They are custom fitted for your ear. No need for tips, or canals of different size. With Customs you can fit 8 or more linear armature drivers in each year. With universals its hard to as you since its universal, it can't be too big, too this or too that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

ugly polo chan total ignored my statement of pci or pcie internal desktop. :c.

I didn't ignore it, I didn't see it

post #40255 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

internal desktop. pcie or pci doesn't matter I have the excess slots for both.

found it.

 

kk, let me work my magic.

post #40256 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

A gift from ImperialX: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

A gift from him? As in: he drew that?

Otherwise I don't quite see the relevance.
post #40257 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

They are custom fitted for your ear. No need for tips, or canals of different size. With Customs you can fit 8 or more linear armature drivers in each year. With universals its hard to as you since its universal, it can't be too big, too this or too that

No need for canals of different size? Aww...

yeah, I have to agree. But fitting 3 or 4 BAs in universals is possible, which is about all you'd get under $500. Anyways, I shouldn't be bashing them, customs are really cool. Just being devil's advocate and possibly a troll? :P

post #40258 of 121608

@numbers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166051

 

This is a cheap highly reviewed Rosewill. It is Draft N but that doesn't matter as Real N is backwards compatible with Draft N and the speeds are the same, there is little difference between the Two if say we took the same exact unit and was able to put a Draft N spec in one and the full spec in the other. New Draft N's sometimes are better as they are newer but many of them like you say have 3 and less star reviews.

 

The enthusiast sites really like the Dlink DWA 552

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127219

 

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DWA-552-Extreme-N-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B000LIJ4ZS

 

It can be had for $46 but its a bit more wishy washy than the Rosewill. I like the Rosewill as it is cheap, has extensive reviews, and is backed by Newegg's guarantee of if schiit hits the fan, its still all ok.

post #40259 of 121608
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

No need for canals of different size? Aww...

yeah, I have to agree. But fitting 3 or 4 BAs in universals is possible, which is about all you'd get under $500. Anyways, I shouldn't be bashing them, customs are really cool. Just being devil's advocate and possibly a troll? :P

Of course it is. Heri 4ai and Fit Ear.

 

But try fitting 10+ drivers in each unit where the unit has to be able to fit the heads of the MAJORITY of people and is easy to make with a standard universal machine. Try that.

post #40260 of 121608
@customs

The fit and isolation are a big plus. Plus, theyre probably more comfortable to sleep in than my M80s. From the Heir thread, ive learned that depending on one's ear canal, the sound will change for the better or worse with CIEM/IEM.

I do wish i could afford custom art though, but most likely i'll just keep it clean without any. Looking at those C4 right now :P


*wow u guys are fast
Edited by EveTan - 11/10/12 at 11:02am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge