Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2674

post #40096 of 126890
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

seems awfully expensive for a hunk of wood...

 

Its a knock off of this:

 

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Sieveking-Sound/products/726/

 

So I think its cheap :P.

post #40097 of 126890

Just got into the train. Going to Warsaw for AudioSHOW. It's not a head-fi thing, but a full hi-fi expo.

But now I have ~5h of train before me... -_-

post #40098 of 126890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Decimals in MAL? No way dude.
I think 10 gradations between different grades is already more than enough. The line between an 8 and a 9 is pretty vague, but the line between 8 and 8.5 is extremely vague.
Besides, that would be implying that we humans have the ability to rank stuff with really high precision, whereas in reality our impressions of 'good' or 'bad' are both inconsistent and very vague/imprecise.
I personally like a 7-based system best, and I love IB for applying it to.
1/7 5th percentile
6/2 12th percentile
5/3 20th percentile
4 26th percentile
(approximately)
The line between 4 and 5 is very clear, between 7 and 8 is pretty darn vague still.
I personally like the original recordings better than the remasters for some reason. Except for the mono stuff, that is remastered better. (even though the stereo remasters are pretty badly done)
*It can be the bit rate of FLAC file.
FLAC can contain any bitrate, I think. Or at the very least it can contain 16, 24 and 32 bits.
Not that I think that 24 bit recording make much sense to use for home playback.
I love J-cords.
Yeah, I guess it's pretty clear about the rating scale.
I was never in IB (we have what's called AP in 'mericuh, pretty much the same thing)
So you like the original cd masters? I'll have to check 'em out sometime then... I don't like the MFSL vinyls I have right now, they suck.
And yes, that's what I meant about the flac/24 bit thing lol. Just didn't come out right...
J cords are okay until they're terminated to fit to your right pocket while your PMP is in your left pocket... >_<<br />
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@rikkun and jgray
So you guys didnt check out the one episode ova?
@eve
Were you the one that recommended me genki rockets?
If he was a rumour at 10k posts then i must be an ant.
@boris
That sucks
I hear people talk of naruto, bleach, school rumble, fruits basket all the time. I want to punch them.
I dislike anything and everything by jump, mostly because it's mainstream, and too long. Yes I know death note is made by jump as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

This IS the J-ACG thread you know.
I used japanese because a perfect translation to english is not possible.
but I means something along the lines of "we're same type of people (with some excitement)" followed by a "LOL"
Lol alright, I just kinda wanted to use that pulp fiction meme on someone, honestly.
Hopefully I'll get more done on the case today in class....
post #40099 of 126890

@Mshenay

Fraps does the same things. I'm not sure what FPS effect Game Booster has on the game, some do.

 

@numbers

$40 headphone stand?

 

@Accoun

PICS!@ PICS!

 

@mechy

I read Shounen Jump for a long time

 


Top 10 anime movies you should watch
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/12wyzy/the_10_anime_movies_you_should_watch/
The site linked is loading slowly so here:

Quote:
Grave of the Fireflies
5cm Per Second
End of Evangelion
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heaven's Door
Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
Metropolis
Akira
Summer Wars
My Neighbor Totoro

Courtesy of SpringinJapan @Reddit


Edited by bowei006 - 11/9/12 at 10:23am
post #40100 of 126890

@Joe

 

Thanks for the EQ, it is pretty nice. I like bass but the default amount was something I didn't care for. My last set had about the same amount minus the sub bass sauce. But as they were cheap I never looked to EQ them. But with your EQ file, I am having an absolutely fantastic time with these. However there is a problem, the top spectrum of the vocals are too bright. All the "E's have a high ptiched lasting effect. Very sharp. IT is not your EQ though. The problem was still there if I do the A/B to the linear flat line. Its just that the orginal with more bass and coloration was able to hide the effects of the bright upper vocals very well. I played with the 2 EQ points you have in the vocal range and that didn't do anything to it and the ones in the HF were already dropped so yeah. I'll take this to be one of the MH1C's sonic qualities.


Edited by bowei006 - 11/9/12 at 10:49am
post #40101 of 126890
In the end, I picked a bevy of SZS image songs to listen to and relax the **** out of this tiresome week. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~ cool.gif
post #40102 of 126890
10 posts in >8 hours? Common guys, that's just horrible.


Yay! Finished my exams!

Expected grades, let's see how far off I am when I get the results:
'What is math?' (proof theory, number theory and analysis): 7-8/10
Special relativity: 7-8/10
Calculus A: 8-9/10
Classical mechanics: 8-9/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

J cords are okay until they're terminated to fit to your right pocket while your PMP is in your left pocket... >_<<br />
I dislike anything and everything by jump, mostly because it's mainstream, and too long. Yes I know death note is made by jump as well...


Well, my PMP is a huge phone, so putting my headphones in the same pocket would make it almost painful. As a result I always store my headphones in my bag, or if I don't carry a bag, in a pocket of my jacket.
So that doesn't really bother me.

I also keep my PMP in my left pocket by the way.
Left pocket: Phone
Right pocket: Wallet.
(when not carrying a bag) Back pocket: keys


Death Note is too long and mainstream as well, so what's your point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

In the end, I picked a bevy of SZS image songs to listen to and relax the **** out of this tiresome week. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~ cool.gif


Did you have an exam week as well? While mine wasn't stressful at all, and contained a lot less working hours, this week has been very tiring for me. I don't know why, but for some reason exams are very tiring even if they don't stress you out or make you nervous or anything like that. Also didn't really pull short nights, in fact, I had longer than modal nights this week.
post #40103 of 126890
@tilpo, not really, just some life **** that happened. Life, man. Their either can be crappy, or a brand of sauces.
Edited by jgray91 - 11/9/12 at 2:29pm
post #40104 of 126890
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@tilpo, not really, just some life **** that happened. Life, man. Their either can be crappy, or a brand of sauces.

Dang. That's never a good thing to hear.
Well, I wish you the best of luck.
post #40105 of 126890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Dang. That's never a good thing to hear.
Well, I wish you the best of luck.

Why, thank you. At least all my stuff I ordered online is coming in at their predicted, and expected time.
post #40106 of 126890

@Rikkun

I was here the whole time, I didn't have anything to say sorry. I was playing games.

 

Nice man! :)

 

Robotics Notes is also kinda important.

post #40107 of 126890
Found this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post

I've recently been calibrating the response of my system, and I've discovered that certain music (classical, jazz, music recorded before 1970) is almost always mixed to sound best with a carefully calibrated flat response. Modern pop music and rock, in addition to being hot mastered, is being EQed to sound best on cheap speakers. The response is not designed to sound good on a full range, flat response system. It has boosts and cuts all over the range that are designed to compensate for the deficiencies of earbuds, cheap headphones and those tiny little 5:1 satellite speaker systems.

The quality of engineering in popular music today is crappy. I think that's because of the boom in home studios and amateur sound engineers.

I would like to think that most anime songs and J-songs are immune to this, but that's just wishful thinking, and it's probably more the exception than the norm. Nothing new here, actually, but IMO it's worth repeating.
post #40108 of 126890
Quote:
The quality of engineering in popular music today is crappy.

The thing about bigshot is that he is very closed minded on his use of words. He is one member I do not like really enjoy for that reason.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/627111/what-is-the-sound-quality-of-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch/30#post_8778498

 

He is a huge fan of ipod line out being absolutely perfect. Perfect could mean that the line out itself is perfectly transferring data from DAC to the Line out Dock and to the cable and is of high quality which is true but his perfect is implied and stated as an end all type of perfect. We wouldn't have the DarkStar and many different types of amplfiers and DAC's if that was the case. Yes, the price to performance ratio does drop and drop for those of us that don't have the money to achieve absolute perfectionism but none the less it is there. 

 

Next, if you keep reading that thread, he continually refuses to go with soundstage. He is talking and continues to reforce his definition of soundstage that does not apply to headphone audio. His soundstage is a different sonic phenomenom than what we in headphone audio has. I continually state that, but he also continually in a sense acts like I am arguing with his definition. 

 

Lastly we have that statement and the general statement made by his post up above that alll modern popular music todays quality is crappy. We then have a subjective definition of crappy. Popular music today does not have the same sonic qualities of such expanse and very seperated instruments as before on purpose. Looking for those in popular music today is hard. However popular music's quality is not crappy. Select songs, artists, and producers and how they mastered and produced their audio may be crappy. I can listen to Alan, Pendulum, The Black Eyed Peas, and Eminem pretty happily.

 

I do agree with what he means though. Its just that his stubborn use of words and static outlook on the market and graphics of users and people is something I can not agree with. 

post #40109 of 126890

Robotics Note....

 

 

Ok, 5pb+ and NitroPlus..... I don't know why you guys like 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

conspiracies with world renowned scientific research or exploration programs 

its kinda weird that they are using the same thing again.

 

The ED is decent.

post #40110 of 126890
Head's up guys: starting version 3.2.2 uTorrent is going to have ads in the client. I don't know about you guys, but I'm kind of averse to ads in my stuff if I don't care enough to "pay" through ads.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge