Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2642

post #39616 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

If you want death note like series. Code Geass. If you want something light, anything on the list minus the gun and action ones.
And right now I don't really want to commit to another long anime so...
Probably not code geass lol.
post #39617 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


I've been looking for one too, just saving up a bit before putting down the money. I'm aiming for the Nexus 7 since I've had various times to experience the iPad (all latest 3 prior to ipad 3.5) and found out that it's just a tad too heavy for my uses. Sure the screen is nice, esp. for iPad 3, but being practical, it's too heavy for me (going to be reading it in the subway with one hand on the handrail, it's going to get tiring for one hand holding the iPad; using it for reading ebooks on my bed lying down, the iPad's going to smack into my head frequently I imagine; bringing it to classes for the lecture notes, they have kind of small tables all places, and I still have to take notes on paper :s)
That's how I justify going for the Nexus 7 lol. TBH I want the iPad, but like I said, it's too heavy, and the iPad Mini is still an outlier and unknown for me. And I don't like being an early adopter. Besides, it'll be updated with a better screen next iteration so it's better to wait until then to see if Ipad Mini took off.

If Once the iPad mini gets a retina screen I'll be jumping on it. My major complaint with the iPad is that it's too big and heavy. Holding it in one hand for an extended period is a pain. 

post #39618 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I've been looking for one too, just saving up a bit before putting down the money. I'm aiming for the Nexus 7 since I've had various times to experience the iPad (all latest 3 prior to ipad 3.5) and found out that it's just a tad too heavy for my uses. Sure the screen is nice, esp. for iPad 3, but being practical, it's too heavy for me (going to be reading it in the subway with one hand on the handrail, it's going to get tiring for one hand holding the iPad; using it for reading ebooks on my bed lying down, the iPad's going to smack into my head frequently I imagine; bringing it to classes for the lecture notes, they have kind of small tables all places, and I still have to take notes on paper :s)
That's how I justify going for the Nexus 7 lol. TBH I want the iPad, but like I said, it's too heavy, and the iPad Mini is still an outlier and unknown for me. And I don't like being an early adopter. Besides, it'll be updated with a better screen next iteration so it's better to wait until then to see if Ipad Mini took off.
Yeah, even though I already own an iPad, I'm considering the N7, especially if I can get a good black Friday sale on it.
The iPad is pretty heavy, but the retina display really makes it unrivaled for reading books and stuff.
I want to try android as well since I have my Gnex with lots of games that are too awkward to play on the phone screen.
Also, ever 17 and planetarian can be played on android as well.
And there's lots of goofy Japanese games, like three third person shooters based off madoka, and a strip rock paper scissors game I found in the play store.
post #39619 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


And right now I don't really want to commit to another long anime so...
Probably not code geass lol.

Geass seems like a long series at 50 episodes, but you start watching it and suddenly your halfway through the second season on the same day! 

post #39620 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Geass seems like a long series at 50 episodes, but you start watching it and suddenly your halfway through the second season on the same day! 
My life ain't structured that way bruh, I have at most 2 hours of anime viewing a day. The rest is school, homework, screwing off on this thread, and now going to the hospital and filling out college/scholarship forms. To say the least my life is freaking busy right now. Personally I'm amazed I've continued to reserve those 2 hours this far into the year. Not sure how long it will continue though. Especially with video game season ramping up, and a bunch of other random school/life related extras.

@bowei, I didn't even mean to say it like that, but it's pretty damn funny reading that pun again :P
post #39621 of 137728

This is taking FOREVERRR

 

700

post #39622 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

Too lazy right now, gonna play some dota because I just had 2 midterms in a row.

 

 

I have time warner which I think is with AT&T?

 

 

Okay then yeah it is a bandwidth issue.  Especially with time warner, who are known for throttling bandwidth if they suspect you are torrenting (i.e. massive download and higher upload than is normal for normal usage).  Easiest solution would be to stop torrenting when you are reading manga or are on a manga site, should prevent that reset, and just start up your torrent client after that. Another option would be use a VPN or tether a phone connection or different connection. Or change providers.

 

There may be ways to circumvent their checker but I am unsure of how precisely since it was never a huge issue for me (either turned off torrents) or tethered, usually tethering.

 

Hope that will help a little.

post #39623 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Hey there guys, long time no see.

Hey B-Dawk, how you holding up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post




AmuricanXChinese

That noodle was spicy by the way. My hometown is 300km away from Vietnam border and also has some laos inspiration so yeah, spicy stuff.

 



That doesn't look very appetizing, but I see you had fun with it.

I personally prefer sweet noodles over spicy. I really like spicy food, but not noodles. My favorite spicy cuisine is the Indonesian. They can make some godlike food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post


Being hungry makes many a thing much more appetizing! I for one had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans

I had endive stew. One of the very few dishes relatively unique to the Dutch, and it tastes epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

OMFG!!! Graph on one of his pictures looks just like ichi the killer!



I shared it on my FB, look at it now!

I don't quite see the resemblance, but oh well.

If anything, he looks more like me. I have approximately the same hair style (and color, though his is bleached), and except for the mustache, I have the same type of beard as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

He responded, we now need to get a silkscreen template back to him for him to give us a quote on how much it would cost to silkscreen ten units, discounts for ten units and shipping.


Graphs picture I posted on facebook (shared) looks like the icchi the killer one I have above. Graph actually is more yankee looking than one may have expected.

Naw man, I look more like a yankee than he does. I've got a chin curtain, while he doesn't have any facial hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

@project-H

I'm never going to run SolidWorks on Parallels desktop again....

it's a total nightmare..... (bowei, you can try this.)

So anyway, I'm just going to use the software that outputs the manufacturing plots directly
(i.e. controls machines like CNCs, Laser Cutters etc.) It's a 2D design software.
but then....


FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. WHERE'S THE MAC SUPPORT???
THERE ISN'T ONE!

I don't have a PC and don't want to run parallels....

*giggle*
Edited by Tilpo - 11/6/12 at 1:10am
post #39624 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Dont say "bush up there" we americans take it differently
Yankeee kun!
@everyone
I just got on the Digizoid Sound Board. Basically help develop ideas for next gen products and to serve as testers for them as well.

 

Now that you mention it...LOL

 

What's that?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I don't quite see the resemblance, but oh well.
If anything, he looks more like me. I have approximately the same hair style (and color, though his is bleached), and except for the mustache, I have the same type of beard as well.

 

I know right?

I don't think that's a mustache... looks like...steam coming out of his cheeks...gross


Edited by graphidz - 11/6/12 at 1:37am
post #39625 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post


I know right?
I don't think that's a mustache... looks like...steam coming out of his cheeks...gross
I wasn't referring to the smoke. I was referring to his mustache. Look at his mustache, how can that mustache not be a mustache?
post #39626 of 137728

@Tilpo

Right... I missed that because I was too preoccupied by that steam...
Do you just leave your beard or you shave it frequently?

 

@B-Dawk

OKAERI! Been a while I saw you here

post #39627 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

@Tilpo
Right... I missed that because I was too preoccupied by that steam...

Do you just leave your beard or you shave it frequently?

Like I said, I have a chin curtain. Leaving it without doing anything would turn it into a full beard, which I don't want.

I regularly shave and groom my beard.
post #39628 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Like I said, I have a chin curtain. Leaving it without doing anything would turn it into a full beard, which I don't want.
I regularly shave and groom my beard.

 

I usually shave after a month LOL. Because after shaving, I look younger. Plus, my beard grows fast and I'm too lazy to shave frequently

post #39629 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mepstein10 View Post

Okay then yeah it is a bandwidth issue.  Especially with time warner, who are known for throttling bandwidth if they suspect you are torrenting (i.e. massive download and higher upload than is normal for normal usage).  Easiest solution would be to stop torrenting when you are reading manga or are on a manga site, should prevent that reset, and just start up your torrent client after that. Another option would be use a VPN or tether a phone connection or different connection. Or change providers.

 

There may be ways to circumvent their checker but I am unsure of how precisely since it was never a huge issue for me (either turned off torrents) or tethered, usually tethering.

 

Hope that will help a little.

 

but.. but.. I use a seedbox. except for when I download and upload with filezilla which I guess could been viewed as torrenting?

 

hmm I'll look into the n7~ wow the nook paperweight got awful reviews.

post #39630 of 137728
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

I usually shave after a month LOL. Because after shaving, I look younger. Plus, my beard grows fast and I'm too lazy to shave frequently

If I would not shave for an entire month I'd look like a hobo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge