or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2596

post #38926 of 158439
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Thanks lolipop-chan. This freaking rippy guy on what is giving me nightmares... popping out a new freeleech every 20 mins so I can't take a power nap and wait for the server to reset.

 

Automatically fetch freeleech stuff with an RSS manager?

post #38927 of 158439
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Quote:
Jeff, 

This is why we are hesitant to send out frequency response graphs. Unless you work with them all the time, it is impossible to read them right. That "peak" is actually a compensation for the resonance on the ear canal. You don't see much of it on the other models because the high frequency response is not as linear (reference level).  



I have no idea what this means, translation please.

Well I'm not certain whether the peak would be a "compensation" for the resonance on the ear canal or actually a result of it. Since when I use other IEMs there's often a resonance peak around 7-8kHz (as heard by my ears, listening to equal-loudness-curve compensated sine sweeps). So a "compensated" IEM (assuming shallow fit like what I'm used to) should have a null instead of a peak in this region. OTOH customs are usually designed for deep insertion so the resonant frequency may move way up while 7000Hz becomes a half-wave cancellation frequency, who knows.
post #38928 of 158439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Also LOL FROM THE TIME I TOLD YOU I WENT UP 8 GB.. I JUST WENT UP 20 GB TROLOLOL.
Numbers-kun, why you have to troll so much


So nobody read the Town where you live new chapter?

Posted by Imperial:
http://i.minus.com/iOc79YNRNgRvR.gif 
SHUT UP WITH THE NON-JAPANESE NAME, YOU FUTZ.
post #38929 of 158439
Also wrt to graphs, IMO it's almost useless if we were to look at a graph all on its own with any comparisons to other graphs achieved from the same measuring system.
post #38930 of 158439
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Just don't go out and use some nondescript white van to hand out candy.
Don't worry, we used my old white sedan.
It was hilarious dressing up as Santa and seeing all the kid's (and their parents) reactions to it...
Also, I'm ~6'5", so some of the kids were afraid to get candy from me. Some also just stared and mumbled...
I'll go through the rest of what I missed tomorrow, but
@bowei, why not get the mad dog t50rp instead of the lcd2? They're pretty much all the same from what I've read.
post #38931 of 158439
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

That's somewhat expected...? 

I wouldn't mind as I already have mai waifus biggrin.gif

 

I know2... but there is just so few of them

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

=_= lots of guys together is FAR from BL....

especially when everyone is a geek as one would expect in an engineering course

 

True

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Welp, I'm done for the day.

Been working since 2:30 PM non-stop (except for dinner and bath time), it is now 2 AM.....

That's almost 12-hours of continuous working... and my eyes kinda hurt now.

 

I could never marathon something that long LOL. Just don't overdo yourself

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Well then the 'problem' lies with graph. He's the 'problem' since he thinks about BL and not the other way around.

 

Whaa...LOL

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@EVeryone

BL for graph party! lets through an anime bash for graph! he will be going to do shota side of things now. He will be missed

 

NO!!!
 

ヽ(●゚´Д`゚●)ノ゚

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Sweet! I started playing clannad on my iPad!!! Saving and everything else except voices work great!
It's gonna be such an awesome ride to go back through clannad again!!!

 

HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

Yeah, I missed one of the works she participated in, she only told people the day before the event, and I didn't check.

 

Can't upload something I don't have =/.

 

Then upload what you have LOL. JPS only have very limited collection of her

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

The secret is in seedboxes, numbers-kun knows!

 

I got a new one recently, $30 for 1TB hard drive, 100/100mbit line with 5TB bandwidth, dedicated use. So no more VPS load-sharing shenanigans. tongue.gif

 

WHAT?! TELL ME WHAT SEEDBOX IS THAT?!

 

post #38932 of 158439
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

WHAT?! TELL ME WHAT SEEDBOX IS THAT?!

 

dtsleech

 

Not bad at all.

 

They, like many other seedboxes from various sellers, are resellers of kimsufi servers (dedicated server hosts). They're like 14 euros, but the problem is, you can't directly buy from them depending on what country you are from.

 

That's why you gotta go through the trouble of finding a reseller. On the flip side though, the service is really good, and everything is set up for you from the get go.

 

You basically get root access too, so you can do whatever you want with the server.

post #38933 of 158439
I was listening to one of SZS OST again, and came to a discordant song that's like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IscIZZYR50I

And to be honest I feel bad for pausing this song to listen to yours. But well, musical tastes are bound to differ, and it's also much harder to like an artist on first listen than to when you've grown accustomed to his/her/their style.

I was honestly quite terrified before I verify that it's not the same song, but now I can't listen to both songs LOL. It's like that realisation that you love and hate a murderer, but both in different light; you love the guy maybe because of his good behaviour or something, but unbeknownst you also hate the guy because he killed a bunch of your friends or pet or whatever. Then you got murdered.

One is just some random band playing some discordant tune that I can't make myself to like, and the other is almost the same thing, only in a biased light where I'm actively trying to even like it just 1%, against all my reasoning saying I won't like it.
post #38934 of 158439
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

dtsleech

 

Not bad at all.

 

They, like many other seedboxes from various sellers, are resellers of kimsufi servers (dedicated server hosts). They're like 14 euros, but the problem is, you can't directly buy from them depending on what country you are from.

 

That's why you gotta go through the trouble of finding a reseller. On the flip side though, the service is really good, and everything is set up for you from the get go.

 

You basically get root access too, so you can do whatever you want with the server.

 

That's a lot of storage and bandwidth LOL. Not to mention cheap too!

post #38935 of 158439

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-50-headphones-compared#user_HP1

 

This will be a very fun read

post #38936 of 158439
I remember something about bowei being bowei again and criticizes Shinsekai Yori ep. 5 being that it looks bad. Well you're wrong. I can see that instead of bland artstyle I think the way the faces are drawn seems to have 'matured' a bit, and seemingly that the art has evolved to fit their current predicament Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
in that now they are without Psychic Magic, their Inquisitor-Monk handler are dead, and now two of them are caught in between to clans of eldritch rat peoples' war.

No more of that idealistic, clean, pure childish bland faces that seem to have seeped to almost every anime the past 3 seasons. Now it lends in its help to the mystery and intrigue and mysticism of the show's premise now. Bravo A-1.

I can't remember what he said about the actual content of the episode since I don't like reading spoilers, but it is quite a bit dry and there's not a lot of information other than Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the eldritch rat people are led by a monstrous mind-screwy giant maggot-sow with horrific teats dangling around; and that the other unmarked eldritch rat-people never seen any of the Psychics before.

Edited by jgray91 - 11/1/12 at 2:27am
post #38937 of 158439
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Any good at chemistry willing to check my homework? biggrin.gif


Chem HW.pdf 102k .pdf file

Don't feel like checking it, sorry. Besides, I wasn't exactly good at chemistry.
Sure I got a 6/7 with ease, but that was because I studied for the exams, despite not really liking the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Welp, I'm done for the day.
Been working since 2:30 PM non-stop (except for dinner and bath time), it is now 2 AM.....
That's almost 12-hours of continuous working... and my eyes kinda hurt now.
Protip:
Don't do that.

You could have done it in 8 hours of working if you spread out the work over two days and took 10 minute breaks every hour. You'll be seriously surprised how much you can increase your efficiency by proper working routines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

He's most likely referring to boys' love.
teh japanese way of saying gay.

Not necessarily gay, BL also refers to bisexual love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Sure, read the FAQ, ill send it to you tomorrow

You MUST READ ALL THE RULES AND EVERYTHING. now pm me your email, and no, i will not watch waynes world yet.

I wish I had proper access to What.cd. But even an invite would not work, since I already have an account. And in contrary to JPopsuki, a thing such as 'bailout' does not exist.

I guess I'll go begging the mods to relieve me of my bad ratio after 2 years. I'm doing this at the risk of getting banned, but I'm at my wits' end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I was listening to one of SZS OST again, and came to a discordant song that's like this:
I was honestly quite terrified before I verify that it's not the same song, but now I can't listen to both songs LOL. It's like that realisation that you love and hate a murderer, but both in different light; you love the guy maybe because of his good behaviour or something, but unbeknownst you also hate the guy because he killed a bunch of your friends or pet or whatever. Then you got murdered.
One is just some random band playing some discordant tune that I can't make myself to like, and the other is almost the same thing, only in a biased light where I'm actively trying to even like it just 1%, against all my reasoning saying I won't like it.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-50-headphones-compared#user_HP1

This will be a very fun read

I skimmed through it. If I wouldn't have lost my headphone interest this would be a holy grail to me.
post #38938 of 158439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I was listening to one of SZS OST again, and came to a discordant song that's like this:
I was honestly quite terrified before I verify that it's not the same song, but now I can't listen to both songs LOL. It's like that realisation that you love and hate a murderer, but both in different light; you love the guy maybe because of his good behaviour or something, but unbeknownst you also hate the guy because he killed a bunch of your friends or pet or whatever. Then you got murdered.
One is just some random band playing some discordant tune that I can't make myself to like, and the other is almost the same thing, only in a biased light where I'm actively trying to even like it just 1%, against all my reasoning saying I won't like it.

I have absolutely no idea what you mean.

It is in the end pointless since nobody know what I'm listening to, and talking about. Lets just say that there's a SZS song similar in style to that youtube vid you liked. I want to like that song, I want to try to like it, but just couldn't. But at the same time, back when you first posted that youtube vid, I just dismissed it because I don't like it, and because the band doesn't connect with me in any way.
post #38939 of 158439

uhh... Russian anyone?

 

700

post #38940 of 158439

Woot sleep time...!!!

While some ppl are going to sleep. woot...

 

@Boris:

If I even had a single bit of memory on my Organic Chem class I'd tell you if those are right or wrong :/

Though I remember theres sites for all that. Forgot what the site what tho lol.

My memory sux... I don't even remember how to Integrate and differentiate properly. That's not even stuff from many years ago it was max 1 year (or 2)!

Obviously engineering should only be a course taken as hobby for me. Can't imagine someone as forgetful as myself to become a engineer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge