Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2576post #38626 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #38627 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:23ampost #38628 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:23amQuote:
Best option for right now. The only problem that was a problem was that since haibur funds wont' go in, it may stop the project, but donations from Joe and some weird progress with Deadly has made sure that doesn't happen :)
How are you saving up btw? Just wondineg? ARe you really not eating Nutella for a few months?post #38629 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:24amQuote:
But..all slots are full..and all the "maybe" slots(1 of them) have a few others interested.
Not to mention, this project hasn't even caught whiff anywhere else yet.post #38630 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:26ampost #38631 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:28amQuote:
In Nutella we trust.
LOL I'm just kidding. I'm not that stupid as to starve myself out just to get some thread-exclusive audio thingy. Just as planned.
Bonus point: she's heterochromia.post #38632 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
So I see we're guilt-tripping haibunyan? Don't you worry about me. I can go on for a month with 10 slices of bread and Nutella only. jk
Man, Magi ep. 4 is such a WTF episode, and I should've seen it coming. I mean, WTF. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Besides, if you're going to kill Baba-san with an arrow, why not make it two; one to the knee, and one to the heart. I guess western gaming meme is a bit too obscure of them. Oh and two arrows might be a bit too cruel I guess.
I see we are all embarking on cruise on SS First World Problems.
LAWL THAT NUTELLA!
Heck, you do know that Nutella is expensive here in Malaysia...post #38633 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:32ampost #38634 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:35ampost #38635 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:36ampost #38636 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:36amQuote:
How much is it for a 350g one? Here it's around RM16-ish. I think that's expensive, as I remember my mom said something about it around 10 or something.post #38637 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:39amQuote:
IMPORT FROM MALAYSIA LOL. It taste the same as here.post #38638 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:41ampost #38639 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:42amQuote:
It's "Upadek" :-P Great movie BTW - watch it if anyone of you haven't.
(Bowei, watch "Wayne's World" as well)Quote:Originally Posted by HybridCore
Does anybody else want it? I always feel guilty about getting something without giving something in return (something common in Chinese culture). That and I might end up just giving it away if I don't like the sound of the CS4398, or I don't have space for it at all (with my current desk, there's no place to put it). Mshenay and Mech are viable options.
Dunno. Am I viable, too? I'd love to have it but there's no freaking way I'm sending Paypal scans of my documents to unlock my account, so I can't really pay for anything (unless I use somebody else's account). If I'm not because of that - I understand and am OK with it...
Still, I'd prefer that you have it...
Edited by Accoun - 10/29/12 at 9:46ampost #38640 of 9682010/29/12 at 9:45am
LOL! Funny thing is that when I saw the packaging of Nutella here, it's made in Australia and exported to south east Asia countries according to the different languages written on the label, India and Malaysia included. Oh yeah, they only sell the little ones. Not the 1 litre jars you find in Europe.
What differs from the European one is that the one made in Australia can get a bit runny and it doesn't really taste natural. While it's European counterpart has much more natural flavours and a better consistency of the chocolate.
Edited by VortexBlast - 10/29/12 at 9:52am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 54 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beats User wants to upgrade to Best quality possible for $400 or... 1 minute ago
- › Alessandro Music Series Pro + Sieveking Omega include free shipping... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade my audio setup. 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude