Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2568

post #38506 of 121009

@mshenay

You go through a lot of equipment

 

 

@Manveru

BECAUSE... i copy and past the stuff on project H!!!

post #38507 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

So guys I decided upon a Spring and winter purchase set, I plan to replace my ZUNE HD and XB700+e11 combo with a Cowon X9 E17 and Dt 1350 [I'm going to EQ the tar out if it for that Big Sub bass] 

 

This exists!? *Google...*

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@Manveru

BECAUSE... i copy and past the stuff on project H!!!

 

I'm just teasing, haha. Though it is true :)

post #38508 of 121009

iDOLM@STER Shiny Festa already on BCG. Yay!

post #38509 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

This exists!? *Google...*

 

 

I'm just teasing, haha. Though it is true :)

frown.gif I ...just copy and pasted it

post #38510 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

iDOLM@STER Shiny Festa already on BCG. Yay!

I'll see to getting it :)

post #38511 of 121009

@Cowon X9

Why does this even exist? Basically exactly the same as the X7 but with a larger yet still low-res screen and LESS storage? Come on. It would have been interesting if it had a capacitive screen, wifi, and an actually halfway decent amount of storage.

post #38512 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@mshenay

You go through a lot of equipment

I know that's cuz I'm learning and I've had the Zune and XB for almost a year now... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

@Cowon X9

Why does this even exist? Basically exactly the same as the X7 but with a larger yet still low-res screen and LESS storage? Come on. It would have been interesting if it had a capacitive screen, wifi, and an actually halfway decent amount of storage.

Don't remind me. They don't even MAKE X7's really as EVERYONE is sold out and no one has em. But I'd like a nice 160gb X7 <.<

post #38513 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Thanks.

Wow... really? Never gotten a 4 for lab before...

 

I'm like the exact opposite, it's practical-work-all-the-way for me.

Yep, Engineer.

 

This, but I wanna watch all the anime first!!

 

I wish I don't need to sleep...

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Just did some work. Based on the approximate measurements for the PCBs Boris gave me and assuming that the stainless steel is 1.9mm thick, the case is 173.8mm deep, 187.6mm wide, and 53.8mm tall. Some screenshots in Google Sketchup.

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

I color coded the PCBs. Blue = HDAC, Green = O2, White = Controller, and Pale Yellow = Volume. I still need to move the volume board around but this is just an approximate. No screw holes for the top part yet.

 

Edit: File attached.

 

 

Unit Case.zip 12k .zip file

 

I'm gonna join Haiby's custom case troll LOL

Why noy put the controller in the middle?

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

So guys I decided upon a Spring and winter purchase set, I plan to replace my ZUNE HD and XB700+e11 combo with a Cowon X9 E17 and Dt 1350 [I'm going to EQ the tar out if it for that Big Sub bass] 

 

ANOTHER BEYER?!?! F YOU!

post #38514 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Don't remind me. They don't even MAKE X7's really as EVERYONE is sold out and no one has em. But I'd like a nice 160gb X7 <.<

 

Woe unto those who desire high capacity storage players >.<

post #38515 of 121009
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@Borisu

Umm not really, China's to the top but its all land. HK is pretty close to the sea.

 

Can you layer it? Controller pcb up top?

 

Those are some huge capacitators. why does a DAC need such capacitators?

 

@Manveru

 

One has to remember that the Project H unit with all its PCB sizes combined is acutally larger than many desktop combo units out there biggrin.gif

 

Dude...ONE TIME....ONE TIME WITH THE 192KHz!!...come on!! I didn't say that either! I only told mechy that if Haiburi drops, I was going to need to find a dude to fill it.

 

@haiburi

its funny that you keep using ODAC...its the HDAC..you know...the HAIBUNYAN DIGITAL ANALOG CONVERTER ಠ_ಠ

That is WAY TOO MUCH nutella. I don't think I like it... I don't know. Bring me some nutella :)

 

@mechy

Our reservation slots have filled up A LONG TIME AGO.....honestly

No, you need a much more powerful one. The WAU12-1000 is what Borisu has in mind.

 

All ten spots are filled. The only people have haven't sent in payment are Graph and Haiburi *stares at them* but Graph is going to get payment in soon.....And haiburis is still WIDE OPEN.... *cough cough* 

 

I didn't say there was one spot. I said that if Haiburi drops out cause it sounded like he might, I was going to have to find another person to auction the spot off to.

We use all that land to milk money from other countries by making factories and providing cheap labor or to grow our staple supply of rice or save pandas. lol

 

I'd think the controller PCB on the bottom unless it has some tall caps (well, like 1cm or higher) but I'm just assuming all SMD height stuff.

 

Wondering the same here. Those are some giant caps.

 

Well, the trade-off is the cost.

 

Ahahaha. Well, coax = 24/96 and USB = 16/48. Is that right?

 

Ahahaha...no thanks. That Nutella is mine.

 

Yes, I might drop. Most likely because my parents are completely paranoid when not buying or paying people/companies/groups. They'll only trust somebody/thing like Newegg, Amazon, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

So guys I decided upon a Spring and winter purchase set, I plan to replace my ZUNE HD and XB700+e11 combo with a Cowon X9 E17 and Dt 1350 [I'm going to EQ the tar out if it for that Big Sub bass] 

The X9's screen resolution is killing me but you probably wouldn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

I'm gonna join Haiby's custom case troll LOL

Why noy put the controller in the middle?

LOL.

 

Why the center?

post #38516 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

 

Yes, I might drop. Most likely because my parents are completely paranoid when not buying or paying people/companies/groups. They'll only trust somebody/thing like Newegg, Amazon, etc.

 

The funny thing is that I've had problems with retailers such as these on more occasions than I've had with random people in forums, or even eBay, haha.

post #38517 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

LOL.

 

Why the center?

 

Or a bit center since it on the side. It's too far to the left

post #38518 of 121009

Watched the first episode of Now and Then, Here and There. Holy Hephaestus...dat OP/ED. (◐ o ◑ )

post #38519 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Did some work with the approximate dimensions. Boris, how thick do you think the case material is going to be?

Quote:
上盖板2MM厚+前后面板6MM厚

Front / back Panels 6mm, others 2mm.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


Really? Bowei messages me on FB Friday night and said there was one spot open...
Edit: I just Pm'd Boris, I'll deal with it with him privately...

Here's the list again if anyone needs it: (Yea, I'm keeping one of the units, so all 10 slots are filled.)

 

1000

 

Joe isn't a client, he just donated $42 to Project-H.

(Thanks again~)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

http://www.last.fm/music/Metalucifer/_/Metalucifer+(Zwei)
The greatest track to close of my night tonight. Just too awesome.

LOL

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Just did some work. Based on the approximate measurements for the PCBs Boris gave me and assuming that the stainless steel is 1.9mm thick, the case is 173.8mm deep, 187.6mm wide, and 53.8mm tall. Some screenshots in Google Sketchup.

 

I color coded the PCBs. Blue = HDAC, Green = O2, White = Controller, and Pale Yellow = Volume. I still need to move the volume board around but this is just an approximate. No screw holes for the top part yet.

 

Edit: File attached.

 

 

Unit Case.zip 12k .zip file

Gonna look at it later...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post


Boris, here's a friendly advice from someone in the last year of an engineering program:
Engineers don't do that much hands on work. Technicians do.

Really? The summer courses I attended was packed full of 'em

Except for Environmental Engineering... /.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post


Drat he said practical. As they say, engineers and their bad language skills redface.gif

lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@Borisu

Umm not really, China's to the top but its all land. HK is pretty close to the sea.

 

We're Shielded by the surrounding countries like Philippines wink.gif

 

How did you think Asians were going to pronounce it?

 

Pronounce what?

 

Can you layer it? Controller pcb up top?

 

no, because the mounting holes don't match.

 

Those are some huge capacitators. why does a DAC need such capacitators?

 

Ask the designer~

Yeah, the power supply is overkill.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

I wish I don't need to sleep...

This.

post #38520 of 121009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

We use all that land to milk money from other countries by making factories and providing cheap labor or to grow our staple supply of rice or save pandas. lol

 

I'd think the controller PCB on the bottom unless it has some tall caps (well, like 1cm or higher) but I'm just assuming all SMD height stuff.

 

Wondering the same here. Those are some giant caps.

 

Well, the trade-off is the cost.

 

Ahahaha. Well, coax = 24/96 and USB = 16/48. Is that right?

 

Ahahaha...no thanks. That Nutella is mine.

 

Yes, I might drop. Most likely because my parents are completely paranoid when not buying or paying people/companies/groups. They'll only trust somebody/thing like Newegg, Amazon, etc.

The X9's screen resolution is killing me but you probably wouldn't care.

LOL.

 

Why the center?

Tell me by the 31st. I'll arrange for mechy to take your spot if he can provide the down payment of $30 and can provide continuous ones or arrange for others.

 

 

 

This is how I feel about the hurrican right now:

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge