Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2507

post #37591 of 130813
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Input Voltage: 100~120 VAC

Output voltage: 12 VAC

Max output current: 1A (what I'm going with for now, just to be safe)

Output connector: Standard 2.1mm DC Connector

Thanks, I'll see if the guy has any of those. Its a speaker audio shop. They have two boxes full of wall warts. :) Used and being sold for cheap now as they are having a moving sale, they are moving to a mall near me. And will be caring mid line $500 Grado's..

post #37592 of 130813
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

New iMac...its SUPER SUPER SUPER THIN, with new MBP or slight refreshes and iPad mini

 

the imac is unbelievably thin and what they cramed into the 13" MBP is nothing short of amazing.

Ok, the iMac IS pretty amazing.

but the retina is still going with the same port config?

Have they not realized how stupid it is to have 2x thunderbolt + 1x HDMI? Your average consumer won't even touch the thunderbolts....

I'm still wondering if it means I can plug 3 external monitors to the retina to give 4 screens total rolleyes.gif

post #37593 of 130813
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

but the retina is still going with the same port config?

Have they not realized how stupid it is to have 2x thunderbolt + 1x HDMI? Your average consumer won't even touch the thunderbolts....

I'm still wondering if it means I can plug 3 external monitors to the retina to give 4 screens total rolleyes.gif

 

Yep, you can have 4 screens total.

 

The thunderbolt ports are great, I don't see the problem.

post #37594 of 130813
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ok, the iMac IS pretty amazing.

but the retina is still going with the same port config?

Have they not realized how stupid it is to have 2x thunderbolt + 1x HDMI? Your average consumer won't even touch the thunderbolts....

I'm still wondering if it means I can plug 3 external monitors to the retina to give 4 screens total rolleyes.gif

Guess what? That's what people said about Flash, that it would be stupid not to have it. Guess who killed Flash?

 

Thunderbolt is vastly superior to HDMI. But yes, as a consumer descision, it is ...weird but this is Apple. They have ideas. They want to change the industry.

 

Their thunderbolt allows for daisy chaining MANY displays or storage together granted that they have their own power.

 

Yes you can, AND still have Thunderbolt Storage External drives AS WELL. Its 10Gb/s BOTH UPSTREAM AND DOWN. 

 

iMac:

 

 

Price? Same price of $1299 starting at complete with Apple touchpad Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard.


Edited by bowei006 - 10/23/12 at 6:00pm
post #37595 of 130813

Spent an hour tinkering around instead of doing homework again..

 

side-by-side comparisons; mostly for myself lol

 

 

          

post #37596 of 130813

Okay side by side I'm in love with the burn-tooled hair in the 3rd one :x.

post #37597 of 130813

Well I don't really mind the thunderbolts, but it's just that nothing uses the thunderbolt and tonnes of stuff uses the USB...

 


Ill be heading to Jaben hk to see if I can demo the UE900, Fitear MH334, MH335, TO GO! 111 and JVC HA-FXT90.

The JVC HA-S500 is STILL only selling in japan.... frown.gif I wanna try dem carbon nanotubes....

post #37598 of 130813
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Well I don't really mind the thunderbolts, but it's just that nothing uses the thunderbolt and tonnes of stuff uses the USB...

 


Ill be heading to Jaben hk to see if I can demo the UE900, Fitear MH334, MH335, TO GO! 111 and JVC HA-FXT90.

The JVC HA-S500 is STILL only selling in japan.... frown.gif I wanna try dem carbon nanotubes....

Tell us how they are :)

 

oyasumi

gonna watch psycho pass now

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Spent an hour tinkering around instead of doing homework again..

 

side-by-side comparisons; mostly for myself lol

 

 

          

The hair is good in #3 but the body coloring is good in #2. Combine them. #3's hair and #2 everything else

post #37599 of 130813

I would appreciate it if Psycho pass didn't use that high ptiched noise as she walked into the office.....

 

the house is so futuristic but the building looks like crap at the CID and not to mention.....tablet keyboards? You simulate floating panels and windows and AI that can interface with solid goods but you have a bulky tablet?


Edited by bowei006 - 10/23/12 at 6:29pm
post #37600 of 130813
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I would appreciate it if Psycho pass didn't use that high ptiched noise as she walked into the office.....

 

the house is so futuristic but the building looks like crap at the CID and not to mention.....tablet keyboards? You simulate floating panels and windows and AI that can interface with solid goods but you have a bulky tablet?


I would think anyone doing heavy typing would need a real keyboard. Not some keyboard without any feedback, unless future virtual mechnical keyboard on a tablet.

post #37601 of 130813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post


I would think anyone doing heavy typing would need a real keyboard. Not some keyboard without any feedback, unless future virtual mechnical keyboard on a tablet.

If the virtual AI could interface with solid objects and holographs. They could also simulate force feedback as well

 

But then again...guess what? You get used to things. If you type on a flat surface all your life, you get used to it

post #37602 of 130813

@Vocab

Yeah, reading and writing (and knowing a bit of Greek and Latin roots for English) is how you really expand. Also, if you want to know what a word really means, don't just look up the definition. Learn its etymology. Infinitely more elucidating.

 

@iMac

 ∑(O_O;)

post #37603 of 130813

 

me gusta. for now atleast. 4th revision~. should probably start studying now.

post #37604 of 130813
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

...you know what i mean. In  computer terms. DIY means components. Where you can rely on yourlself to do something useully done by company employees

 

Apple was the first major PC (Personal Computer) maker to use EFI...they don't use BIOS and their EFI is largely not user configurable. Apple relys on uniformity, no tweaking for you. its not an overclocking lovers computer. Its the average man and professionals

 

...nowadays. Many regular comptuers still do but a good portion of companies if not close to all have a computer right now with no removable battery switch.

 

It didn't. Take for example that a company X has a 5%(its huge, just for example) failure rate. They make 100 units, and thus 5 will have problems. Out of those 5 that they replace, say 4 of them complain or make it known online. Now you have 5 borken units with 4 reports online. 

That company then expands and now they have a 4% failure rate but with 1000 units. They now have 40 failed units and 30 make it known online that their units failed.....what happened? Company X now has a lower failure rate than before(usually the failure rate is very low, so an even lower number is awesome) but you now read online that there are quite some posts of people with these "problems". Did something change? No. For example the purple tint in the new iPhone 5. People thought there was one as some people just noticed it, and knowing that there was a saphire glass now(some did) blamed that the iPhone 5 has a purple tint issue when pointed at the sun. Consumer reports did a test...there was no problem, every phone produces the same effect and the iPhone 5 has no problem with it. What happened? With a tremendous more people, many dumb, people noticce and nit pick the small stuff and as there are so many, they will post it online so when the next person looks, there will be stuff online. This is what happens usually, now you are educated on what happens. This deals into user error. This also applies to THINKING that more units are breaking when that is just not true. More are adopting and using it and thus more info and amount of posts will be generated on it, even if the process has improved two fold.

 

It isn't happening fast but as this is Apple and Intel that developed it, they could care less(they do but you get me), nothing is based or holding onto this standard, and whether they like it or not, Intel with its ultrabooks program and Apple is pushing for it. Big players, even if someone comes up with something else, with Intel supporting Thunderbolt and the new largest ocmpany in the world co making it(made) and using it on all their devices and a new cable called thunderbolt. It would be hard for it to not be popular....

Swapping RAM isn't considered DIY, bowei, not that I expect you to know because you aren't much of a computephile/computer enthusiast. That's considered the basics, and isn't very DIY at all. We consider DIY building your own computer. Swapping your own parts isn't even considered DIY. It's considered maintenance (even though you "Do it Yourself").

 

I'm aware. You do know that right? There's a reason I'm a so called "enthusiast" and you consider yourself not one of "us" (to be honest, I don't like the term. I'm fine with the term "geek" but commoners don't know the difference between "geek" and "nerd" so I refrain from using it, even though it's a proud name but they just think lowly of us yet we're of superior intelligence in the field of computers).

 

It's mainly ultrabooks and the more portable laptops. Laptops considered "Office Laptops" or ones with mainly CPU power for office tasks and not much GPU power, desktop replacements, and gaming laptops usually have removable batteries.

 

No, I mean quality control upon release. I know Apple fixes it shortly, which I do applaud them for doing so. Unlike some companies (stares at Sandforce).

 

Stop throwing in Apple. Apple didn't develop it. Intel did. Intel licensed it to Apple so they could implement it first, so Intel could make more money and then after awhile it would start being adopted more, but I see that unlikely sometimes because USB 3.0 is more dominant and seems to be taking more of the market than Thunderbolt just because it's backwards compatible with USB 2.0 so we don't need to all get new devices or adapters or anything to use Thunderbolt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Well, the 1GB and 2GB isn't that much difference in price. I'll see about it

 

So I should just skip nvidia then

 

Almost tried but I need COMPATIBLE hardware for it to run properly

I would get the 2GB. 2GB is a good amount.

 

Sort of. It's your choice. I would look at benchmarks and make a choice.

 

IIRC Hackintosh works with any x86 or x64 processor and such just like Windows. Hackintosh isn't Mac OS X which needs Apple approved stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

LOL

What text? You mean "Designed by b1o2r3i4s5"?

The Obj2 has mounting holes..... silly me.

Haha. Yeah, that was mixed. I made a sandwich of "YAY"s and "NEIGH"s.

 

No, I mean thank you for not putting any project name down, and please don't because we all can't decide on anything (well, it's just me who doesn't like project H because of some connotations that pervs or other Japanese fan community members might have). Designed by b1o2r3i4s5 is fine. That I don't mind. We need to give you credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Can you give me the specifics of the wall wart. I have a local place that can get me some, tmmrw :) Like what size plug, and very specific specs 

This.

 

You should be able to find it at the Radioshack inside the mall. I don't really know any other stores nearby that carry the adapters. Maybe Walmart or Best Buy? Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Input Voltage: 100~120 VAC

Output voltage: 12 VAC

Max output current: 1A (what I'm going with for now, just to be safe)

Output connector: Standard 2.1mm DC Connector

Should be able to find something at Radioshack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ok, the iMac IS pretty amazing.

but the retina is still going with the same port config?

Have they not realized how stupid it is to have 2x thunderbolt + 1x HDMI? Your average consumer won't even touch the thunderbolts....

I'm still wondering if it means I can plug 3 external monitors to the retina to give 4 screens total rolleyes.gif

Maybe because they have no idea what Mini DisplayPort is and how vastly superior it is to HDMI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Guess what? That's what people said about Flash, that it would be stupid not to have it. Guess who killed Flash?

 

Thunderbolt is vastly superior to HDMI. But yes, as a consumer descision, it is ...weird but this is Apple. They have ideas. They want to change the industry.

 

Their thunderbolt allows for daisy chaining MANY displays or storage together granted that they have their own power.

 

Yes you can, AND still have Thunderbolt Storage External drives AS WELL. Its 10Gb/s BOTH UPSTREAM AND DOWN. 

 

iMac:

 

 

Price? Same price of $1299 starting at complete with Apple touchpad Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard.

Didn't HTML5 kill flash?

 

Thunderbolt = Mini DisplayPort but with data transfer capabilities, AND IT'S INTEL'S INVENTION. THEY JUST LICENSED IT TO APPLE FIRST. GET IT RIGHT. YOU SPEAK LIKE APPLE OWNS IT.

 

I think Thunderbolt can only daisychain two 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 display or a single 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 display...I don't remember...I think it should be able to do more, but I think 2 was the limit for monitors.

 

YUS. Well, props to Intel for making Thunderbolt.

 

Looks very nice, as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Spent an hour tinkering around instead of doing homework again..

 

side-by-side comparisons; mostly for myself lol

 

 

          

2nd everything + 3rd hair is awesome. 1st one is way too washed out on my monitor. Needs more saturation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Well I don't really mind the thunderbolts, but it's just that nothing uses the thunderbolt and tonnes of stuff uses the USB...

 


Ill be heading to Jaben hk to see if I can demo the UE900, Fitear MH334, MH335, TO GO! 111 and JVC HA-FXT90.

The JVC HA-S500 is STILL only selling in japan.... frown.gif I wanna try dem carbon nanotubes....

The entire computer enthusiast community is dying for Thunderbolt to be adopted and used in external graphics card enclosures due to the high bandwidth which is pretty close to PCIe x16 I believe, or it is PCIe x16 (I'm implying the 2.0 revision, not 3.0. I think that was it...) in a connector but whatever, you get the point; high bandwidth. Allows for external graphics cards for notebooks and ultrabooks to work better.

 

I thought the JVC HA-S400 and HA-S200 were coming to America first and then the HA-S500...but yeah, I want to listen to them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The hair is good in #3 but the body coloring is good in #2. Combine them. #3's hair and #2 everything else

This.

post #37605 of 130813
//Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

@iMac

 ∑(O_O;)

my reaction when I first saw it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

 

me gusta. for now atleast. 4th revision~. should probably start studying now.

nice! what about the other side?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge