Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2504

post #37546 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

On the good side, it's more posts. tongue.gif

That's exactly the bad side.
post #37547 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I read the entire live stream thing on Anandtech. They definitely look nice, as usual, but yes, the specifications are pretty disappointing.

Edit: That and the fact that, as expected, soldered on RAM (soldered to motherboard) and they also used a non-standard solid state drive (uses your standard SATA connector I believe but a different form factor. The SSD is also used for, I think, cache only which you might be able to change).

I sometimes wonder why they don't just make a hole in the PCB for where the RAM should be, throw a connector on where the edge of the hole is on the board, and stick in the RAM so it's very low profile. The RAM PCB would be on the same plane as the motherboard PCB. Swappable RAM and low profile. Y U NO WANT TO INNOVATE THIS TIME APPLE?!

Apple letting people easily swap out internal hardware? What madness. I could understand the low profile point but I don't think they would let their presumed idiotic customers the pleasure for relatively easily swappable RAM. I think.

TBH again, it's the mediocre screen res that's a huge bummer in my mind, even if I'm set to acquire the N7. I mean the most differentiating feature of the iPad is it's ridiculous screen res. And yet the iPad mini's is just the same, if not a little bit inferior to a few other competition. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/10/apple-joins-the-fray-a-survey-of-the-7-inch-tablet-scene


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Spare me. He already spammed my Facebook news feed. If he would have gone inside here it'd be horrible, to be honest.

And quite mercifully, he didn't spam them in Twitter. wink.gif
post #37548 of 140129
I'd say who cares what Apple decides to shove in their new products. If it's good, get it. If it's bad, drop it (gravity!)


On another note...!!

If you're looking purely for good sound, stray away from these :P
post #37549 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

I'd say who cares what Apple decides to shove in their new products. If it's good, get it. If it's bad, drop it (gravity!)


On another note...!!

If you're looking purely for good sound, stray away from these :P

LOL you bought that? I hope at least that you have a AT planar drivers to transplant into that thing. Or any other fitting planar drivers.
post #37550 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

LOL you bought that? I hope at least that you have a AT planar drivers to transplant into that thing. Or any other fitting planar drivers.
ofc that's exactly what's going into them. biggrin.gif
post #37551 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

ofc that's exactly what's going into them. biggrin.gif

Woops pressed quote instead of Edit.
Just to add that perhaps a good >1/3 of my collection was originally bought to be retransplanted in one way or another.
post #37552 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

ofc that's exactly what's going into them. biggrin.gif

Woops pressed quote instead of Edit.
Just to add that perhaps a good >1/3 of my collection was originally bought to be retransplanted in one way or another.

Excellent! I'm glad that it wouldn't go to waste. Have you ever found a good looking, cheap-ish body donor for a small planar driver? But then I think the old planar drivers aren't that efficient. I can remember back at Malaysia, that I can drive my YH-1 pretty okay-ish using my phone (almost at max volume but not at my normal loudness).
post #37553 of 140129

 

My mediocre attempt at a faceplate~. Not really satisfied with it. But seeing as I haven't touched ps in like 4 years I guess its okay. Bah gotta do homework now.

post #37554 of 140129

@2890

You are buying an CIEM?

 

 

 

 

Don't kill me:

I  don't and didn't like yotsuba

 

 

@Haiburi

I somewhat remember that day. Funny thing was, I actually read the original PSU article and only heard about it much later on.

but nonetheless its accurate.

 

My reaction on your case quotes:

 

 

Quote:
 simple brushed aluminum or steel block with the small 19mm diameter (I think that was it) buttons from Bulgin that's flush to the surface. The other possibility was to use a case like the Yulong D100 II, 1704 DAC, DAH1 MK II, or Crystal DAC Amp (not the portable version, well...they look the same so why not?) but with the layout we have and probably without the text on the front panel unless we can come up with a name that basically everybody agrees on (No, not project-H and thank you, Boris, for not putting that on the PCB. Please don't. I'd feel compelled to not buy it for some reason).

 

Christian Bale and Kermit the Frog.

 

 

but it is possible, the cases that are standard ebay are like that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S2207-Full-Aluminum-Power-amplifier-Enclosure-DAC-case-preamp-case-PSU-Box-/120983732370?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item1c2b314092

 

thjs one

 

 

Why do you not like soldered ram on tablets? Seriously? Do you know how much space it saves? These are luxury tablets. Anything U.S middle class would be luxury in terms of the world. Even if it wasn't, you can't and wouldn't just change the RAM anyway and wouldn't be able to.

 

....are you asking for swappable ram?

Problem 1: We are getting farther and farther away from DIY. Every company would pull a yao ming face at your comments that don't take any consideration into the common masses.

Problem 2: Its Apple, it wouldn't work. Their OS is very specific to specific kinds and amounts.

Problem 3:Energy, using different swappable components would use different energy.

 

@Jgray

lol.

 

I would think they would have and SHOULD have priced it at $299.

At $329 it does have competiton. It "works" like any Apple product as if anyone watched the video. It uses iPad 2 screen resolution of aspect ratio so all the old stuff goes into this one easily. But otherwise....hmmm.

It will still sell though. 

 

And yes, Apple is very good at marketing and marketing lingo.

"With a Dual Core A5" ....most won't know what this means and will assume its new and awesome. Its the one used in the iPhone 4S, but probably...or probably not clocked at 1GHz like the iPad 2. The 4S is clocked at 800MHz while iPad2 a full 1GHz, only problem is heat, and this thing is really thin so probably 800MHz

post #37555 of 140129

Uhhhhh not buying yet. I'm probably going to pick up the tf10s whenever they drop to 99$ and depending on how I feel about them possibly reshell them. I just felt like playing around in photoshop today for some reason and decided to make faceplates in case I ever do get a CIEM.

 

made it slightly lighter; didn't really like how the lines stood out before:

 

post #37556 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Don't kill me:
I  don't and didn't like yotsuba




How can you say that to the best manga I've ever read!? (no seriously, it is)
Ah well. I can understand not liking it. However, now I'm mainly reading it because it's a pretty good manga, and the Japanese raws are pretty easy to read. Read 100 pages today.
After I'm done with yotsubato, I'll reread Ika Musume, since I recon that will use simple language as well. (and a lot of でげそ biggrin.gif)
post #37557 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post



How can you say that to the best manga I've ever read!? (no seriously, it is)
Ah well. I can understand not liking it. However, now I'm mainly reading it because it's a pretty good manga, and the Japanese raws are pretty easy to read. Read 100 pages today.
After I'm done with yotsubato, I'll reread Ika Musume, since I recon that will use simple language as well. (and a lot of でげそ biggrin.gif)

 

 

Don't kill me... I swear I just don't like it.

post #37558 of 140129
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


Apple letting people easily swap out internal hardware? What madness. I could understand the low profile point but I don't think they would let their presumed idiotic customers the pleasure for relatively easily swappable RAM. I think.
TBH again, it's the mediocre screen res that's a huge bummer in my mind, even if I'm set to acquire the N7. I mean the most differentiating feature of the iPad is it's ridiculous screen res. And yet the iPad mini's is just the same, if not a little bit inferior to a few other competition. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/10/apple-joins-the-fray-a-survey-of-the-7-inch-tablet-scene
And quite mercifully, he didn't spam them in Twitter. wink.gif

Their "presumed" idiot consumer don't even know how to swap out RAM, or to even open up their Macbooks because they don't know that you have to get a special screwdriver to remove the screws. lol

 

Eh, I was hoping for some high density screen but it seems 2560x1440 (or 2560x1600 if you're talking about a 16:10 aspect ration) is sort of limited to 13 inches and above. Maybe 11 inches but that's it (Apple's iPad I think is a 4:3 tablet...well, it's a 10" screen so 10" is probably the limit as of now for "high res"). Okay, 10 in that case then. I wonder if they're going to have the yellow tinting issue like on the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@Haiburi

I somewhat remember that day. Funny thing was, I actually read the original PSU article and only heard about it much later on.

but nonetheless its accurate.

 

My reaction on your case quotes:

 

 

 

Christian Bale and Kermit the Frog.

 

 

but it is possible, the cases that are standard ebay are like that

http://www.ebay.com/itm/S2207-Full-Aluminum-Power-amplifier-Enclosure-DAC-case-preamp-case-PSU-Box-/120983732370?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item1c2b314092

 

thjs one

 

 

Why do you not like soldered ram on tablets? Seriously? Do you know how much space it saves? These are luxury tablets. Anything U.S middle class would be luxury in terms of the world. Even if it wasn't, you can't and wouldn't just change the RAM anyway and wouldn't be able to.

 

....are you asking for swappable ram?

Problem 1: We are getting farther and farther away from DIY. Every company would pull a yao ming face at your comments that don't take any consideration into the common masses.

Problem 2: Its Apple, it wouldn't work. Their OS is very specific to specific kinds and amounts.

Problem 3:Energy, using different swappable components would use different energy.

Haha. How long was it since then (not that I care)?

 

That front panel looks pretty darn thick though. Those Bulgin switches might end up going into the front panel. lol

 

What? I was talking about laptops. Ultrabooks I don't care too much for because the purpose of it is to save space. Anyways, Apple just wants to milk as much money as they can out of their customers with the RAM soldered on board and their new Lightning connector. rolleyes.gif

 

The common masses don't even know about what goes on inside. rolleyes.gif

I know Apple would never do that. Apple is just being Apple.

They have to meet a set of standards. It's like saying you have two RAM sticks, one that runs off of a DC current and the other that runs off of an AC current (I couldn't think about a better example, and this probably isn't even correct anyways). Honestly, they both run off one or the other, it's a standard. The only difference is voltage (1.35v, 1.5v, etc.). You can always adjust voltage and timings in the BIOS, unless you really have a BIOS that is that locked down. I don't think I can adjust timings on my crappy laptop...but then again, this thing is using DDR2 SODIMM and has a pretty damn locked down BIOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post



How can you say that to the best manga I've ever read!? (no seriously, it is)
Ah well. I can understand not liking it. However, now I'm mainly reading it because it's a pretty good manga, and the Japanese raws are pretty easy to read. Read 100 pages today.
After I'm done with yotsubato, I'll reread Ika Musume, since I recon that will use simple language as well. (and a lot of でげそ biggrin.gif)

LOL.

post #37559 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


Don't kill me... I swear I just don't like it.

Relax, I won't kill you. yet.

I remember that pic from the rape scene in Ika Musume.
(What? She was about to get defiled while laying helplessly on the bed)
post #37560 of 140129
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Their "presumed" idiot consumer don't even know how to swap out RAM, or to even open up their Macbooks because they don't know that you have to get a special screwdriver to remove the screws. lol

 

Eh, I was hoping for some high density screen but it seems 2560x1440 (or 2560x1600 if you're talking about a 16:10 aspect ration) is sort of limited to 13 inches and above. Maybe 11 inches but that's it (Apple's iPad I think is a 4:3 tablet...well, it's a 10" screen so 10" is probably the limit as of now for "high res"). Okay, 10 in that case then. I wonder if they're going to have the yellow tinting issue like on the iPad.

Haha. How long was it since then (not that I care)?

 

That front panel looks pretty darn thick though. Those Bulgin switches might end up going into the front panel. lol

 

What? I was talking about laptops. Ultrabooks I don't care too much for because the purpose of it is to save space. Anyways, Apple just wants to milk as much money as they can out of their customers with the RAM soldered on board and their new Lightning connector. rolleyes.gif

 

The common masses don't even know about what goes on inside. rolleyes.gif

I know Apple would never do that. Apple is just being Apple.

They have to meet a set of standards. It's like saying you have two RAM sticks, one that runs off of a DC current and the other that runs off of an AC current (I couldn't think about a better example, and this probably isn't even correct anyways). Honestly, they both run off one or the other, it's a standard. The only difference is voltage (1.35v, 1.5v, etc.). You can always adjust voltage and timings in the BIOS, unless you really have a BIOS that is that locked down. I don't think I can adjust timings on my crappy laptop...but then again, this thing is using DDR2 SODIMM and has a pretty damn locked down BIOS.

LOL.

They only required a special screwdriver now

 

Basically you could do it before but guess what. Nobody cares anymore to do DIY and thus as people are not doing it, they moved to more special screws. Want me to name all the companies that use special screws besides phillips or flatheads? 

 

I was talking about the new iPad mini, what the hell were you talking about? MBP?

 

Oh right aht, then the swappable RAM, hard drive and everything including battery would have been nice as an enthusiast. I would have preferred that but I can see why the moved away. Numbers were showing that many people if not close to all don't do that. Worldwide, there are only 54million enthusiasts. In the U.S, that amounts to about 10 million. Of those ten million, how many would ever buy a Mac? (fix a friends? ...even fewer and why even) that dwindles numbers down to that very small percentage. And thus, if the people by mass aren't doing it, then you can utilize it for your benefit

 

Using unstandard connectors and soldering directly to motherboard gives you an easier and more complete set. No need to have many "parts" of the mobo but one full large SoC sort of. Next it also raises costs to the people. This increases profit margins. Their own research shows that people that buy Apple...pay big bucks to make sure it is working. WOOT. Good for the people as they get a more finished product back and Apple gets money and the economy further grows (ex: go to the car mechanic and you have to come back again because something else is broken or because soemthing did break and you only fixed select parts of it, it will lessen your overall impression of that brand and product). And then we have energy. Using a soldered on set gives them control of what parts go in and allows for less power draw used by distance between things, and also more specific stuff. IT also further enforces the idea that Apple owns and does everything in that computer. Apple likes that. And guess what. Numbers show it works, using a closed in system.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge