Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2306

post #34576 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Well....

electronic project >> high school

I just hope I can graduate at this rate...

 

LOL...so you're really giving up huh?

post #34577 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

The T50RP is only around $100. Just to give you how does a planar driver sounds like

Hmm.. meh. I can wait until my friend comes back home for winter break and try out his LCD-2's, no big rush. I tend to take forever to decide to buy anything over like $150 until I've done like 2 weeks of research and then after that watch the price for like a month to wait for it to drop to the lowest xD. Now things that are on sale and under $30~40... i buy way too many of that I don't need.

post #34578 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Well....

electronic project >> high school

I just hope I can graduate at this rate...

D: positive attitude! Though, meh if you're boss at electronics head-fiers spend ridiculous amounts of money from what i've seen so i suppose you could still pretty easily make a living :P.

post #34579 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Hmm.. meh. I can wait until my friend comes back home for winter break and try out his LCD-2's, no big rush. I tend to take forever to decide to buy anything over like $150 until I've done like 2 weeks of research and then after that watch the price for like a month to wait for it to drop to the lowest xD. Now things that are on sale and under $30~40... i buy way too many of that I don't need.

 

Welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet

post #34580 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

D: positive attitude! Though, meh if you're boss at electronics head-fiers spend ridiculous amounts of money from what i've seen so i suppose you could still pretty easily make a living :P.

Me doing business for a living? BLASPHEMY!

I plan on getting a doctorate degree and doing research for the rest of my life! 

post #34581 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

 

Welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet

It's okay I give myself a base amount of money I have to have in my bank account at all times and can't ever dip into that except for bills/then I can't buy anything again until I get back over that limit. I bump it up every few months. Works out pretty well.. so far until I want a 1k+ pair of headphones >_<

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Me doing business for a living? BLASPHEMY!

I plan on getting a doctorate degree and doing research for the rest of my life! 

Looooooooooool. What's your major? Or what are you studying?

post #34582 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Me doing business for a living? BLASPHEMY!

I plan on getting a doctorate degree and doing research for the rest of my life! 

 

Inb4, the richest people in the world are all in business

 

And hey, at least you are doing a job related to your favourite stuff

post #34583 of 127316

@28980

I once tried something like that. Never worked. I'm the kind of person that shops as much as I can at one time instead of spending bit by bit a lot of time

post #34584 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

@28980

I once tried something like that. Never worked. I'm the kind of person that shops as much as I can at one time instead of spending bit by bit a lot of time

Mmmm depends if I really want it I guess; I bought most my computer parts on sale over time in like a 1 month period. Then after having it built for like 20 days I saw the 670 go on sale.. so I returned my 480 with a some lame dysfunctionality excuse so they wouldn't charge me the restocking fee and got the 670 xD. Well the 480 was a bit finicky but I fixed it but w/e. It was like a $150 increase in price and my justification for it was that if I got an aftermarket fan for the 480 it would be like $60 and the 670 came with borderlands 2 which is like a $60 value.. soo.. it was only like 30$ more right? But now I miss my 480 because it ran so hot and I'm being cheap about gas and refusing to turn it on so its so freaking cold in my aprt.

 

Also, I think all the richest people in the world are already businessmen/entrepreneurs 


Edited by 28980 - 10/8/12 at 9:51pm
post #34585 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Ah Paradox...

Too bad LFF are not selling the whole unit instead of having us to send in the headphones and the pads

 

Yeah, though relative to the overall price you're already paying, a few extra dollars for shipping isn't too worrying.

 

 

 

If I was "rich" and in "business" I would have to kill myself.

post #34586 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Yeah, though relative to the overall price you're already paying, a few extra dollars for shipping isn't too worrying.

 

 

 

If I was "rich" and in "business" I would have to kill myself.

Actually been looking into the t50rps even though I just said I would wait until winter break to try my friends lcd-2's these look kinda awesome.. what's the paradox compose of? from what I found it was just like a headband that had paper and holes punched into it and hairties o_O. why does changing the padding/headband do so much for these?

post #34587 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Actually been looking into the t50rps even though I just said I would wait until winter break to try my friends lcd-2's these look kinda awesome.. what's the paradox compose of? from what I found it was just like a headband that had paper and holes punched into it and hairties o_O. why does changing the padding/headband do so much for these?


It's a secret actually.

Nobody knows what is modded since it's personally made and tuned by LFF

post #34588 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post


It's a secret actually.

Nobody knows what is modded since it's personally made and tuned by LFF

Intressssting. What does he need to do them/how much does he charge? Pads and headphones were mentioned above, and from the little bit I read it seems like these http://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC840-Replacement-Cushions-Headphones/dp/B002Z9JWZS are the most popular pads I think? 

 

Fffffffffff. I just spent $250 today and actually am pretty close to my limit.. But i do get paid next monday sooooooo... >_@#!@JDKSNA:D^_^^^^>_>_^>

post #34589 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Actually been looking into the t50rps even though I just said I would wait until winter break to try my friends lcd-2's these look kinda awesome.. what's the paradox compose of? from what I found it was just like a headband that had paper and holes punched into it and hairties o_O. why does changing the padding/headband do so much for these?

 

He mods the inside of the cups, but yeah don't know exactly how as it's a secret. Paradox owners can't open them up and look inside either without destroying them because they are hermetically sealed. The suspension headband is just a bonus to make them more comfortable, and he doesn't use paper. He uses what looks like repurposed shoulder pads or something.

post #34590 of 127316
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28980 View Post

Intressssting. What does he need to do them/how much does he charge? Pads and headphones were mentioned above, and from the little bit I read it seems like these http://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC840-Replacement-Cushions-Headphones/dp/B002Z9JWZS are the most popular pads I think? 

 

Fffffffffff. I just spent $250 today and actually am pretty close to my limit.. But i do get paid next monday sooooooo... >_@#!@JDKSNA:D^_^^^^>_>_^>

 

The Paradox uses FA-003 or Hifiman pads. You have to buy your own T50RPs ($100-130), pads ($20), and then the basic Paradox mod is $350, more if you want a paint job and recable. You would probably also want a Vmoda cable ($10-20).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge