Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Every now and then I get a pleasant surprise in the form of an email inquiring about my interest in reviewing a product. And this was most certainly the case with Unique Innovation...
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess Borisu could either fit it directly into the back of the case or just pull the already there connectors off and rewire...but that would take too long so just sticking it into the back like so would be easiest.
And yeah. RCA cables and USB cables or Coaxil cables will probably not be provided. I guess you should either buy your own locally or just add in like $10 for whatever for Borisu to send or..buy your own I guess?
He only got $110 for funding, from Kalbee and I. He has bought I think a few hundreds USD of stuff already.
Are you keeping your E10 and its Wolfson for testing with the CS4398?
I would send in a pre-order or whatever you call it. But, I just recently bought something from the trade section so I won't be able to use the credit card for some time... Is there a chance of ordering...like a month or a few weeks later? Hopefully you guys will be able to accept it then? Just wondering.
Talk to Borisu but I would guess so. This is a prject that does need some funding so yeah. Whatever is best :)
Glad you are watching anime again
I'm in Georgia but ill be getting some too
I'm not possible on the project. I'm all in. I can send some funding once the DT770s arrive at my buyer's house and I can be sure the deal went smoothly.
Would it even be possible to....make our own DAC board unit?
Like this right here:
It uses a CS4344 unit which I also have a home and has everything a featureful device will have.
I have never listened to the CS4344 vs my units as its the unit in my airport express which also has optical out..but just wondering.
If Project H shoots off, I think a project using a leftover O2 PCB and this muse unit would be an interesting combo. If all the current Project H 6 units go out, you are more or less done. We have more or less paid for the 10 unit parts of the O2 and or Project H PCB and thus to save money on a transformer and many other things, could you just use the Muse mni and wham.. An option for two $80 Project something units using the MUSE chip
An interesting idea but I doubt any O2 user or buyer would wan a CS4344. But just saying. for the starving college student
Instead of just that....a fully portable one.......ok nevermind. Even a Portable O2 is big enough to not be portable. It won't be possible.
Well just wondering, I can sink some money into this, as Project H and getting it set up and ideas and just contributing to it will be on my college essay. It looks good when you start talking about DIY enthusiast audio products using tech jargon and words along with working with "international" students online to better help and benefit a communit as well as entrepenurship.
I already have an O2 and the CS4398 is obsolete compared to a dual WM8741 (just the assembled board with no transformer or power stuff of a dual WM8741 is over $130 compared to $27) I have.
I am just doing this to support Borisu on making not only a project, but a community project and to get his hands wet in terms of a project for everyone and so I can write an essay on it and get into college.....seriously. And because it looks good.
What part of this project interested you or made you go, I'm all in?
The great price to performance ratio that somehow nobody on head fi or whatever has thought about creating? Or what?
I spent the money I got from selling my HD650 right the day after. Perhaps I shouldn't have, but at least now I can get my components.
I honestly doubt this is a head-fi first.
And besides, the cost is low because this is a group buy, and Boris can source the components more cheaply than I would be able.
If you're going on group buy threads on diyAudio you'll find complete units sold for the same price or less as well. But without a group buy such a low cost is probably not possible.
I wanted to change or add something to my setup anyway so as to have an amp with a volume knob. Having to use computer volume with the HeadStreamer is annoying. Options are pretty much get a JDS O2, or I was thinking maybe sell HeadStreamer and get Audioengine D1. I could live with either, but O2 has front panel EVERYTHING which is annoying, and Audioengine is also kind of dinky. Not that that really matters, it's just for aesthetics and to make me feel cool, haha.
-6.3mm, RCA, etc
-kick @ss functions, controller PCB, separate units and all that
-it's fun because it's unique to our lovely thread
-CHEAP! Try getting everything this has from a commercial product for a similar price.
I've done that before, haha. But after getting burned with selling the Philips Uptowns (they disappeared in the mail) I want to be extra thorough.
I have insured shipping.
Regular shipping is €24.30. Insured up to €500 is only €1.30 extra. I'm not stupid.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 36 seconds ago
- › Positional Accuracy in IEM's (ER4SR, q-JAYS, DN-2000J) 1 minute ago
- › Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 2 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear