Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/15
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION This is going to be a long review – I'll get that out up front. My time with the U6 has been a...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
Review under construction.
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess Borisu could either fit it directly into the back of the case or just pull the already there connectors off and rewire...but that would take too long so just sticking it into the back like so would be easiest.
And yeah. RCA cables and USB cables or Coaxil cables will probably not be provided. I guess you should either buy your own locally or just add in like $10 for whatever for Borisu to send or..buy your own I guess?
He only got $110 for funding, from Kalbee and I. He has bought I think a few hundreds USD of stuff already.
Are you keeping your E10 and its Wolfson for testing with the CS4398?
I would send in a pre-order or whatever you call it. But, I just recently bought something from the trade section so I won't be able to use the credit card for some time... Is there a chance of ordering...like a month or a few weeks later? Hopefully you guys will be able to accept it then? Just wondering.
Talk to Borisu but I would guess so. This is a prject that does need some funding so yeah. Whatever is best :)
Glad you are watching anime again
I'm in Georgia but ill be getting some too
I'm not possible on the project. I'm all in. I can send some funding once the DT770s arrive at my buyer's house and I can be sure the deal went smoothly.
Would it even be possible to....make our own DAC board unit?
Like this right here:
It uses a CS4344 unit which I also have a home and has everything a featureful device will have.
I have never listened to the CS4344 vs my units as its the unit in my airport express which also has optical out..but just wondering.
If Project H shoots off, I think a project using a leftover O2 PCB and this muse unit would be an interesting combo. If all the current Project H 6 units go out, you are more or less done. We have more or less paid for the 10 unit parts of the O2 and or Project H PCB and thus to save money on a transformer and many other things, could you just use the Muse mni and wham.. An option for two $80 Project something units using the MUSE chip
An interesting idea but I doubt any O2 user or buyer would wan a CS4344. But just saying. for the starving college student
Instead of just that....a fully portable one.......ok nevermind. Even a Portable O2 is big enough to not be portable. It won't be possible.
Well just wondering, I can sink some money into this, as Project H and getting it set up and ideas and just contributing to it will be on my college essay. It looks good when you start talking about DIY enthusiast audio products using tech jargon and words along with working with "international" students online to better help and benefit a communit as well as entrepenurship.
I already have an O2 and the CS4398 is obsolete compared to a dual WM8741 (just the assembled board with no transformer or power stuff of a dual WM8741 is over $130 compared to $27) I have.
I am just doing this to support Borisu on making not only a project, but a community project and to get his hands wet in terms of a project for everyone and so I can write an essay on it and get into college.....seriously. And because it looks good.
What part of this project interested you or made you go, I'm all in?
The great price to performance ratio that somehow nobody on head fi or whatever has thought about creating? Or what?
I spent the money I got from selling my HD650 right the day after. Perhaps I shouldn't have, but at least now I can get my components.
I honestly doubt this is a head-fi first.
And besides, the cost is low because this is a group buy, and Boris can source the components more cheaply than I would be able.
If you're going on group buy threads on diyAudio you'll find complete units sold for the same price or less as well. But without a group buy such a low cost is probably not possible.
I wanted to change or add something to my setup anyway so as to have an amp with a volume knob. Having to use computer volume with the HeadStreamer is annoying. Options are pretty much get a JDS O2, or I was thinking maybe sell HeadStreamer and get Audioengine D1. I could live with either, but O2 has front panel EVERYTHING which is annoying, and Audioengine is also kind of dinky. Not that that really matters, it's just for aesthetics and to make me feel cool, haha.
-6.3mm, RCA, etc
-kick @ss functions, controller PCB, separate units and all that
-it's fun because it's unique to our lovely thread
-CHEAP! Try getting everything this has from a commercial product for a similar price.
I've done that before, haha. But after getting burned with selling the Philips Uptowns (they disappeared in the mail) I want to be extra thorough.
I have insured shipping.
Regular shipping is €24.30. Insured up to €500 is only €1.30 extra. I'm not stupid.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HE60 +HEV70 (Read the description!) 3 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse