Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I guess Borisu could either fit it directly into the back of the case or just pull the already there connectors off and rewire...but that would take too long so just sticking it into the back like so would be easiest.
And yeah. RCA cables and USB cables or Coaxil cables will probably not be provided. I guess you should either buy your own locally or just add in like $10 for whatever for Borisu to send or..buy your own I guess?
He only got $110 for funding, from Kalbee and I. He has bought I think a few hundreds USD of stuff already.
Are you keeping your E10 and its Wolfson for testing with the CS4398?
I would send in a pre-order or whatever you call it. But, I just recently bought something from the trade section so I won't be able to use the credit card for some time... Is there a chance of ordering...like a month or a few weeks later? Hopefully you guys will be able to accept it then? Just wondering.
Talk to Borisu but I would guess so. This is a prject that does need some funding so yeah. Whatever is best :)
Glad you are watching anime again
I'm in Georgia but ill be getting some too
I'm not possible on the project. I'm all in. I can send some funding once the DT770s arrive at my buyer's house and I can be sure the deal went smoothly.
Would it even be possible to....make our own DAC board unit?
Like this right here:
It uses a CS4344 unit which I also have a home and has everything a featureful device will have.
I have never listened to the CS4344 vs my units as its the unit in my airport express which also has optical out..but just wondering.
If Project H shoots off, I think a project using a leftover O2 PCB and this muse unit would be an interesting combo. If all the current Project H 6 units go out, you are more or less done. We have more or less paid for the 10 unit parts of the O2 and or Project H PCB and thus to save money on a transformer and many other things, could you just use the Muse mni and wham.. An option for two $80 Project something units using the MUSE chip
An interesting idea but I doubt any O2 user or buyer would wan a CS4344. But just saying. for the starving college student
Instead of just that....a fully portable one.......ok nevermind. Even a Portable O2 is big enough to not be portable. It won't be possible.
Well just wondering, I can sink some money into this, as Project H and getting it set up and ideas and just contributing to it will be on my college essay. It looks good when you start talking about DIY enthusiast audio products using tech jargon and words along with working with "international" students online to better help and benefit a communit as well as entrepenurship.
I already have an O2 and the CS4398 is obsolete compared to a dual WM8741 (just the assembled board with no transformer or power stuff of a dual WM8741 is over $130 compared to $27) I have.
I am just doing this to support Borisu on making not only a project, but a community project and to get his hands wet in terms of a project for everyone and so I can write an essay on it and get into college.....seriously. And because it looks good.
What part of this project interested you or made you go, I'm all in?
The great price to performance ratio that somehow nobody on head fi or whatever has thought about creating? Or what?
I spent the money I got from selling my HD650 right the day after. Perhaps I shouldn't have, but at least now I can get my components.
I honestly doubt this is a head-fi first.
And besides, the cost is low because this is a group buy, and Boris can source the components more cheaply than I would be able.
If you're going on group buy threads on diyAudio you'll find complete units sold for the same price or less as well. But without a group buy such a low cost is probably not possible.
I wanted to change or add something to my setup anyway so as to have an amp with a volume knob. Having to use computer volume with the HeadStreamer is annoying. Options are pretty much get a JDS O2, or I was thinking maybe sell HeadStreamer and get Audioengine D1. I could live with either, but O2 has front panel EVERYTHING which is annoying, and Audioengine is also kind of dinky. Not that that really matters, it's just for aesthetics and to make me feel cool, haha.
-6.3mm, RCA, etc
-kick @ss functions, controller PCB, separate units and all that
-it's fun because it's unique to our lovely thread
-CHEAP! Try getting everything this has from a commercial product for a similar price.
I've done that before, haha. But after getting burned with selling the Philips Uptowns (they disappeared in the mail) I want to be extra thorough.
I have insured shipping.
Regular shipping is €24.30. Insured up to €500 is only €1.30 extra. I'm not stupid.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 3 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2