- 9,119 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Land of looking for work
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
This review is based on the brief time I had the X5 as part of the UK tour. I am not going in the facts, like spec, what's in the box etc, we all know that by now. This is all my...
In this review, I will be introducing what I believe to be Noontec Zoro's brother, the Zoro HD. The Zoro was a very successful headphone that get positive reviews on several big audio forum/website...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2283post #34231 of 10743710/7/12 at 9:58amHmm, BTOOOM! looks decent-ish. Will wait for 2nd ep. What is it being adapted from?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #34232 of 10743710/7/12 at 10:26am
Got the answer.
USB takes priority over coax.
They then sent me a picture which apparently shows the dimensions on it, but I can't look at it because apparently one needs an eBay HK account to do so? Here's the link (I don't know if this will work or not):
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e11051.m2116.l3478/7?euid=9d5dab2da9db42ed9de151be70736f54&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fmesgmy.ebay.com.hk%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI.dll%3FViewMyMessageDetails%26View%3DMyMessageDetails%26CurrentPage%3DMyeBayMyMessageDetails%26SubmitAction.Show%3Dx%26emailUniqueId%3D9d5dab2da9db42ed9de151be70736f54%26sourceImagePreview%3DImagePreview%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A3478post #34233 of 10743710/7/12 at 10:53am
I was also thinking. Looking at the picture of the DAC board, I noticed it looks like there are four little indicators on the right side. Power, USB, coax, and lock. I don't know if this is how it works, but what do you think about putting a lock indication on the front panel instead of 96kHz? This would actually be a useful thing to have and seems to make way more sense.post #34234 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:02amWow, so much happened while I was asleep! Haha!
Good luck in Georgia bowei.
It seems like we need 2 cases for project H, one that's wider and has more lights, buttons, ect on the front and then one that is longer and more minimalist, like Hybrid's design.
Excuse my ignorance, but what would a "lock" do on a DAC?post #34235 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:07am@mechy.
We cant do two designs. Too much cost
Youcould have directed it at haiburi
But for the stx, all you need is the right pcie slot on your mobo. And done. Most motherboards should come with the one it needs
But why stx? The project H should measure and be much better
Side buttons? That could work as i will only be using optical
Power button and light on front with jack and knob. Gain and i/o switching on the back?
How about glossy black color so it matches my audio gd? :Ppost #34236 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:13amQuote:Meh, glossy black scratches really easily. It looks good for a little bit until it gets scratched to hell. But if it's black, I'm good with it.
Btw, my opinion on what color my tech should be:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fPVUa29kHu8post #34237 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:28amThread Starter
Well that's subjective but I care about aesthetics unlike the rest of you guys.Quote:
NO. JUST NO.
There are 8 drive bays, and there are 3 and 4TB drives now, so 32TB of space. Wow...that's a lot of stuff.Quote:
This. Wider ftw.Quote:Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5
along with the board's dimension (including position of the mounting holes.)
I'm still exporting all the 3D model files to .STEP format so that haiby-kun can use them....
I hate having to reach to the back of the case.
Well, I need some dimensions or else I won't be able to work with anything.
Aw...I was going to put unit power and gain back there (and maybe something else). Oh well...
Which reminds me, I think the materials we'll be using are steel with a brushed effect (or not) and plastic if I have to.Quote:Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5
The 3D models are here!
Grab it off my Drop box!!
(They're all in .STEP Format)
Downloading this and Blender. I need to start getting used to Blender so I can work on curves in it. It does it much better than SketchUp (there are add-ons for SketchUp though but processing takes a ridiculously long time).post #34238 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:29ampost #34239 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:33ampost #34240 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:35ampost #34241 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:36amThread Starterpost #34242 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:38amThread Starterpost #34243 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:40amThread Starterpost #34244 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by mechgamer123
Oh god >_<<br /> http://lifehacker.com/5949489/five-best-headphones
At least there aren't any beats but...
for the most part, a lot of the guys here liked them for what it is: as a superior noise cancelling 'phone. Heck, want to read something crazy? purrin likes the Beats Studio for its NC. Now you're picking chunks of your mind from the floor.post #34245 of 10743710/7/12 at 11:41amThread StarterQuote:
So it's only there because of its good noise cancelling properties? I'd rather get a good set of in-ears.
Edit: Broke Huddler again as of now. Yay?
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Grado Fan Club! just now
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 14 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 14 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 28 seconds ago
- › New Leckerton UHA760 Coming Soon!! 43 seconds ago
- › Earbud reccomendations? 47 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › [Interest Check] Official Vienna Meet 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › Cowon EM1 In-Earphone by vaibhavp
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude