Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2270

post #34036 of 127616

@haiby

here's the list of files I can export...

 

post #34037 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ohayou minna~

 

Skipped 116 posts =_=

 

What did I miss?

 

@haiby 

can you use something other than google sketch up?

I can't seem to export in .3ds

Just thoughts on the design

 

We are seeing if we should go a few options

 

Option 1: A pre designed case like the one haiburi had being used as the template for EVERY unit but with the possibility for small changes, like some may want the gain on the front and others not. And then following off that option as we see in haiburis design, a standardized logo for the unit along with the possibility of accrylic or an ability to somehow "slide" a picture into the acrylic to make our cases custom as we would then have anime on our cases :)

 

Option 2: Everyone designs their own cases. Some like wooden and square and etc etc.

 

 

and I've been securing funding..or trying.

post #34038 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

ON THIS DAY! I HAVE STOOD UP MY FRIENDS! I WILL NEVER BOW AGAIN! LET THE EARTH TREMBLE!

 

Z

 

 

 

For I! Have been victorious!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrybNAl8YEnj5e6u9zsSXJAfXh67jleWM4_aOdn7JuUCvy633N

 

 

I have made the improbably, probable!

 

!I have and will command and pull thine strings!!:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSduWylg1fR7F9c0KZBR5tMa6oBeWOzxYeQ0JQkq1D-q16NPRci6Q

 

 

For ....THE POWER! it.. OVERWHELMS!:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlbnUn6hj9oygPaa2tbenLV8AECVJ7stPraEygQ5N_GCJt33IX

 

 

FOR I...REIGN ....SUPREME!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4HGUO_jOHhgSofqFTUfmBa2KKiUVV6oZyhxOnHg_feSOFLS2j

 

AND IT IS WITHIN POSSIBILITY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBqBEYhGlvKM9lrSt7HiFSyKSSFzBvRrfAFRsMy9uScB--NVSt9w

 

 

 

ON THIS TENTH DAY. I STAND AGAIN. I FIGHT AGAIN. I REIGN SUPREME! 

This is a day to remember! A day to know! A day to sing and talk about for ages to come!

 

 

file01166.jpg

 

 

72886b8d_tumblr_luei74eM5Q1qzo4v6o1_250.gif(initially used and found through user Crinacle)

 

 

 

I HAVE ACHIEVED WHAT ONLY 9 BEFORE ME HAVE EVER AHCIEVED! THE TENTH EVER 10X HEADPHONEUS SUPREMUS

Congats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

 

 You know that I grew over the summer and now I'm taller than you. You can't deny that.

Lol then you're probably taller than me too, but that doesn't mean you're stronger. :P Btw what's your current height?

post #34039 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Just thoughts on the design

 

We are seeing if we should go a few options

 

Option 1: A pre designed case like the one haiburi had being used as the template for EVERY unit but with the possibility for small changes, like some may want the gain on the front and others not. And then following off that option as we see in haiburis design, a standardized logo for the unit along with the possibility of accrylic or an ability to somehow "slide" a picture into the acrylic to make our cases custom as we would then have anime on our cases :)

 

Option 2: Everyone designs their own cases. Some like wooden and square and etc etc.

Both options would be kinda hard to do.....

I'f I were to get them manufactured, all of them would look the same.

It'd probably cost much more to have different designs 

post #34040 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Both options would be kinda hard to do.....

I'f I were to get them manufactured, all of them would look the same.

It'd probably cost much more to have different designs 

Yeah that's what I figured. 

 

So yeah, been asking people if they are interested to get some funding and pre order up. 

 

but with the looks of it, sub $180 to $150 should be possible with 4-5 people.

ME

Haiburi

Kalbee

Graph

 

posible:

manveru

Jgray

 

depending if they have funds.

 

4 people at $170 would get you $680 USD for building and shipping 4 units. Enough to cover shipping, and workman costs :) Or at least it should be.

post #34041 of 127616

SAO is getting a game adaptation! 

post #34042 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Ohayou minna~

 

Skipped 116 posts =_=

 

What did I miss?

 

We had a long and confusing conversation about ideas for Project H.

 

Boris, tell me how it's supposed to work, if you'd be so kind. They were saying that you will be able to use the DAC and amp as separate units. In what way will one switch between different I/O combinations? Like how will you choose between DAC&amp, DAC only, amp only. Is it possible to use more than one at the same time (e.g., headphone amp and DAC line out simultaneously)? I'm curious about all these types of things.

 

Also, the other issue was would it be a bother to have variations in the placement of knobs/switches/buttons/etc? For instance, Haibu wants all of the switches on the back. I'd like all the switches on the front except for gain. Bowei wants gain on the front. One person likes the volume knob off to the side, another person likes it centered. Things like that. Or would it be better for us all to come to some sort of agreement on a standardized layout?

 

Sorry for all the long questions. redface.gif

 

Edit: and I see you guys have already started talking about it a little bit in the time it took me to write this post...

post #34043 of 127616

I could maybe give a little bit of funding right now, but I wouldn't have the total amount squared away until after I've sold my stuff and the money has stopped moving around.

post #34044 of 127616

Also, I don't think anyone has an issue with the case itself. I don't know why bowei is talking about wood and different shapes. He's making that up. We were just debating different placements of knobs and switches if at all possible.


Edited by manveru - 10/6/12 at 7:47pm
post #34045 of 127616

Lol, 9gag is having a audio format discussion??!

http://9gag.com/gag/5538542

post #34046 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

We had a long and confusing conversation about ideas for Project H.

 

Boris, tell me how it's supposed to work, if you'd be so kind. They were saying that you will be able to use the DAC and amp as separate units. In what way will one switch between different I/O combinations? Like how will you choose between DAC&amp, DAC only, amp only. Is it possible to use more than one at the same time (e.g., headphone amp and DAC line out simultaneously)? I'm curious about all these types of things.

 

Also, the other issue was would it be a bother to have variations in the placement of knobs/switches/buttons/etc? For instance, Haibu wants all of the switches on the back. I'd like all the switches on the front except for gain. Bowei wants gain on the front. One person likes the volume knob off to the side, another person likes it centered. Things like that. Or would it be better for us all to come to some sort of agreement on a standardized layout?

 

Sorry for all the long questions. redface.gif

 

Edit: and I see you guys have already started talking about it a little bit in the time it took me to write this post...

The IO control only has 1 button really.

 

The (default) internal configuration is

internal DAC -> Internal Amp

in this config, the external connectors are not connected to anything.

 

When you push the button once, it switches to external configuration

Internal DAC -> Line out

Line- in -> Internal amp

No internal connections are made in this config.

 

Pushing the button again switches it back to internal config.

 

 

yes, It would be much better if we have a standard case design.

 

@haiby

NO!

PUSH BUTTONS DO NOT ON THE BACK!!!! frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

I could maybe give a little bit of funding right now, but I wouldn't have the total amount squared away until after I've sold my stuff and the money has stopped moving around.

Thanks

post #34047 of 127616

I thought you wanted wood?? You showed me a pic of a wooden square case and said it was a dream case?

post #34048 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00MusicLover00 View Post

Lol, 9gag is having a audio format discussion??!

http://9gag.com/gag/5538542

NO WAAAAAYYYY!!

Audiophile on 9gag?

post #34049 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

NO WAAAAAYYYY!!

Audiophile on 9gag?

just commented to a guy that said MP3 was the worse format ever

post #34050 of 127616
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

The IO control only has 1 button really.

 

The (default) internal configuration is

internal DAC -> Internal Amp

in this config, the external connectors are not connected to anything.

 

When you push the button once, it switches to external configuration

Internal DAC -> Line out

Line- in -> Internal amp

No internal connections are made in this config.

 

Pushing the button again switches it back to internal config.

 

 

yes, It would be much better if we have a standard case design.

 

Thank you! Now everything is clear! That's really cool actually.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I thought you wanted wood?? You showed me a pic of a wooden square case and said it was a dream case?

 

No, hahaha. That whole post was hypothetical. Dream amp aesthetics, not Project H. Of course, it would be nice for H to look exactly a certain way I'd like it, but borisu isn't my slave and there are practical considerations to take in mind. All I said was, "here are two amps that I think look cool." I mostly just wanted to point out the way the knobs/jacks/switches were laid out on that amp. Besides, I actually kind of liked the black metal RWA over the wood Amphora :) I already mentioned all this earlier to you...but...daijobu! Panda-sama.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge