Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2266

post #33976 of 130100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

It may not be feasible to get TOO different cases..

Option 1: Custom cases from China but with light modibility ability 

Option 2: Everyone design their own cases

 

Your tupe of case is pretty easy, my case is a bit close to it.

 

Locking neutrik is about $10 more but with such a cheap unit.. I guess you can? he already bought the jacks I believe so it has to be a full $10 full price payment.

 

My case was super $7 cheap so yeah. You should be fine I think

 

Well, next time borisu goes, see if there are wooden cases boxed like that or very finely finished metal ones:)

 

He last I checked can't engrave words on boxes though :/ You will need to do the metal engravings yourself if your university has one.

This. Actually, a wooden case would work but nothing too complex.

 

I like option one because then the units are actually uniform and such. That and it makes it so the design has to fit most, if not everybody's liking.

 

Locking Neutrik looks ugly in terms of minimalism. I want something flush to the front panel like on the Schiit units (the ring around the jack doesn't have to be black though).

 

I thought he said he could do printing, not engraving.

post #33977 of 130100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

You say there is no inspiration but subtly there still is. Subconciously. Like when your school teacher made something and told you to make yourown in grade school but everyone made her exact same thing. ITs the same thing

 

meh. Ep 14 wasn't as well executed as the LN

YOU'RE BEING DUPLICITOUS NOW. I SAID IT WAS BASICALLY A FRACTAL DESIGN ARC MIDI BLENDED TOGETHER WITH SOME SCHIIT. THAT MEANS IT WAS INSPIRED BY THE TWO. NOW YOU'RE SAYING THAT I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS. WHAT THE HECK BOWEI?! I want to punch you now.

 

I didn't read the LN so...I'll do that when I feel like it.

post #33978 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

YOU'RE BEING DUPLICITOUS NOW. I SAID IT WAS BASICALLY A FRACTAL DESIGN ARC MIDI BLENDED TOGETHER WITH SOME SCHIIT. THAT MEANS IT WAS INSPIRED BY THE TWO. NOW YOU'RE SAYING THAT I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS. WHAT THE HECK BOWEI?! I want to punch you now.

 

I didn't read the LN so...I'll do that when I feel like it.

 

Wel, I'm just saying that there is much more subconciously to it.

 

The LN is much better...this episode is nothing compared tothe LN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

This. Actually, a wooden case would work but nothing too complex.

 

I like option one because then the units are actually uniform and such. That and it makes it so the design has to fit most, if not everybody's liking.

 

Locking Neutrik looks ugly in terms of minimalism. I want something flush to the front panel like on the Schiit units (the ring around the jack doesn't have to be black though).

 

I thought he said he could do printing, not engraving.

ehh, neutrik or not

 

 

 

 

I just got an idea.

 

Not gonna fit everyone as some like differnt cases

 

but we go with option 1 BUT.....with the ability to get a big top case picture of a favorite anime character to show our units apart

post #33979 of 130100

On little busters adaption:

 

I think they are trying to copy Key and Kyoanime adaptions spontaneous action style..but am failing pretty bad at it.

post #33980 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

On little busters adaption:

 

I think they are trying to copy Key and Kyoanime adaptions spontaneous action style..but am failing pretty bad at it.

Does that mean Little Busters will pull a guilty crown?

post #33981 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00MusicLover00 View Post

Does that mean Little Busters will pull a guilty crown?

no. Guilty Crown was fully and highly budgeted and took crap from other series. I don['t care that they took it but that they took it and tried to add originality(which is good) but failed..is what makes a series guilty crown. A series won't guilty crown if it just fails, it needs a set of conditions

 

But yeah, the execution of this series..is meh

 

Budget is mediocre to mid low. 4/10 with 5/10 being the average. This is going off the imperial scale by the way where nothing or stuff rarely gets to the other side of things. so yeah 4/10 animation.

 

Voice Acting is also a 4/10 again following the same scale

 

Execution right now is a 5.5/10 so slightly above normal.

 

let me finish this show and let me see

 

 

WHAT? They name their kitties, lennin, einstein, and gates but not Jobs!??

post #33982 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

It may not be feasible to get TOO different cases..

Option 1: Custom cases from China but with light modibility ability 

Option 2: Everyone design their own cases

 

Your tupe of case is pretty easy, my case is a bit close to it.

 

Locking neutrik is about $10 more but with such a cheap unit.. I guess you can? he already bought the jacks I believe so it has to be a full $10 full price payment.

 

My case was super $7 cheap so yeah. You should be fine I think

 

Well, next time borisu goes, see if there are wooden cases boxed like that or very finely finished metal ones:)

 

He last I checked can't engrave words on boxes though :/ You will need to do the metal engravings yourself if your university has one.

 

Like I said just dreaming out loud. tongue.gif Neutriks look cool I think, but I don't actually care that much to pay extra or make things more complicated for borisu. I don't care about wood or engravings either, I just posted the picture of the Amphora to show stuff I think looks cool in terms of layout.

 

It depends if we are indeed able to get the knobs and switches in custom positions. I'd like gain on the back, then power and switching between I/O on the front. I also think volume knob in the center and headphone jack off to the right looks cool. Rest of the switches and power LED on the left.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

 

All of them? At best you'll be only getting me to put gain and power on the front. DAC and amp power can go on the back because you won't be constantly using DAC or amp only. I could say the same thing about gain too.

 

Are we even going with input/output selection? I'd be glad to add it if we do.

 

Myself, I'd rather have gain on the back because I'd never use that, and all the other stuff on the front. I would switch between using DAC/amp and DAC only constantly because I also have a separate speaker amp.

 

I don't know the details. I thought there was a way to use DAC only, amp only, and DAC/amp together? I remember you guys talking about it before. That's what I mean by I/O selection.


Edited by manveru - 10/6/12 at 4:56pm
post #33983 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

but we go with option 1 BUT.....with the ability to get a big top case picture of a favorite anime character to show our units apart

 

Haha. That would be hilarious.

post #33984 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

no. Guilty Crown was fully and highly budgeted and took crap from other series. I don['t care that they took it but that they took it and tried to add originality(which is good) but failed..is what makes a series guilty crown. A series won't guilty crown if it just fails, it needs a set of conditions

 

But yeah, the execution of this series..is meh

 

Budget is mediocre to mid low. 4/10 with 5/10 being the average. This is going off the imperial scale by the way where nothing or stuff rarely gets to the other side of things. so yeah 4/10 animation.

 

Voice Acting is also a 4/10 again following the same scale

 

Execution right now is a 5.5/10 so slightly above normal.

 

let me finish this show and let me see

 

 

WHAT? They name their kitties, lennin, einstein, and gates but not Jobs!??

LOLOLOL.

 

Oh that sucks.....I was hoping for another masterpiece. Good bye hopes and dreams....

 

I feel like the duck...

post #33985 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Like I said just dreaming out loud. tongue.gif Neutriks look cool I think, but I don't actually care that much to pay extra or make things more complicated for borisu. I don't care about wood or engravings either, I just posted the picture of the Amphora to show stuff I think looks cool in terms of layout.

 

It depends if we are indeed able to get the knobs and switches in custom positions. I'd like gain on the back, then power and switching between I/O on the front. I also think volume knob in the center and headphone jack off to the right looks cool.

 

 

Myself, I'd rather have gain on the back because I'd never use that, and all the other stuff on the front. I would switch between using DAC/amp and DAC only constantly because I also have a separate speaker amp.

 

I don't know the details. I thought there was a way to use DAC only, amp only, and DAC/amp together? I remember you guys talking about it before. That's what I mean by I/O selection.

yep.

 

The DAC and Amp will retain their own inputs and outputs meaning the DAC will have fixed RCA line out on the back and amp O2 will have RCA input on the back so that while they are connected internally, they can be "Split" apart and be used like seperate units with other things :)

 


Despite much pessimism on little busters, and a what I think lackluster opening for such a weighted show like little busters, the studio animating this DOES have indeed some VERY famous projects. 

From 2005 and onwards:

honey and clover

loveless(for BL fans)

nodame cantable

zero no tsukaima 7.5/10

spiral 7/10

kimikiss 8/10

to aru majutsu 7.5/10

TORADORA 9/10

hayate the combat butler 6/10

hatsukoi limited 8/10

aoi hana

kaichou wa maid sama 7/10

bakuman 7/10

ano natsu 8.5/10

 

imo rantings, ratings are bowei scale, not imperial scale

 

so yeah, they are not slow pokes but these are all B to B+ , pretty good series here.

 

IMO, Toradora is the only 9/10 on the list


Edited by bowei006 - 10/6/12 at 5:02pm
post #33986 of 130100

I'm not sure if the budget was like this but the style of the backgrounds and color scheeme is familiar and somewhat reminescent of Clannads except being a bit more compressed.

 

I didn't or wasn't too much of a fan of their voices and self sound effects.

 

Rin's reaction at my criticism:

 

post #33987 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

yep.

 

The DAC and Amp will retain their own inputs and outputs meaning the DAC will have fixed RCA line out on the back and amp O2 will have RCA input on the back so that while they are connected internally, they can be "Split" apart and be used like seperate units with other things :)

 

Awesome sauce. So my question is, how do you switch between different I/O paths? Will there be switches, like for example:

 

For the DAC:  line out <-> internal amp

 

For the amp:  line in <-> internal DAC

 

Or maybe one of those things where if headphones are plugged in it mutes the RCA outs? Or has this not even been designed yet?

post #33988 of 130100

Angel Beats was by PA anime

Clannad was by kyoto anime

Kanon by Kyoto anime

air by kyoto anime

Little Busters by JC Studio

 

To me, Angel BEats wasn't that good but it also was quite original and didn't really use any if much of kyoto anime ideas for execution and what not.

 

 

 

Prestige of Studio in order

Kyoanime 

JC Studio

PA works

 

JC studio has the most anime released out of all of them.

 

Even with that said.. I'm not too much of a fan of this adaption, in terms of it fitting in place with the quite decent Angel Beats and utterly fantastic Clannad

post #33989 of 130100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

Wel, I'm just saying that there is much more subconciously to it.

 

The LN is much better...this episode is nothing compared tothe LN.

ehh, neutrik or not

 

 

 

 

I just got an idea.

 

Not gonna fit everyone as some like differnt cases

 

but we go with option 1 BUT.....with the ability to get a big top case picture of a favorite anime character to show our units apart

That's subjective, but okay. You must be thinking a rectangle with round corners equals to Apple. rolleyes.gif

 

Meh.

 

If we did that, we could just use a piece of acrylic on top with space in between the metal and acrylic so you can slide in a photo, although then it would look like we're trying to copy Apple, even though the acrylic isn't edge to edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Like I said just dreaming out loud. tongue.gif Neutriks look cool I think, but I don't actually care that much to pay extra or make things more complicated for borisu. I don't care about wood or engravings either, I just posted the picture of the Amphora to show stuff I think looks cool in terms of layout.

 

It depends if we are indeed able to get the knobs and switches in custom positions. I'd like gain on the back, then power and switching between I/O on the front. I also think volume knob in the center and headphone jack off to the right looks cool. Rest of the switches and power LED on the left.

 

 

Myself, I'd rather have gain on the back because I'd never use that, and all the other stuff on the front. I would switch between using DAC/amp and DAC only constantly because I also have a separate speaker amp.

 

I don't know the details. I thought there was a way to use DAC only, amp only, and DAC/amp together? I remember you guys talking about it before. That's what I mean by I/O selection.

Really? I'd prefer volume all the way on the right, but that's personal preference.

 

Same here. I would probably have gain on the back. If we did that, I guess you could remove the two LED indicators for high and low gain if you felt like it. I think I would be annoyed having one not lit up and the other lit up all the time though.

 

I'm going to have two rocker switches on the back: one is a power switch to turn on/off or connect/disconnect the DAC and the other having the same function but for the amp so you can just use one unit at a time, although I thought you meant choosing between something like RCA, Coaxial, or TOSLINK in, which we probably will have, or we might just end up doing more rocker switches on the back. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00MusicLover00 View Post

I feel like the duck...

LOL.

post #33990 of 130100
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Awesome sauce. So my question is, how do you switch between different I/O paths? Will there be switches, like for example:

 

For the DAC:  line out <-> internal amp

 

For the amp:  line in <-> internal DAC

 

Or maybe one of those things where if headphones are plugged in it mutes the RCA outs? Or has this not even been designed yet?

If I could read Borisu's diagram, I would tell you.

 

no switches however, that was my first idea but the problem is..you will blow stuff up. As with a simple switch, you can forget to switch the O2 to the right setting and fry one of the two units as you may have the DAC still working and inputing to the O2 while you are using another desktop DAC with the O2 and just forgot.

 

This is why.. WE HAVE A PCB beyersmile.png custom made. so we don't mess up :)

 

No, plug in to mute won't happen on this. I believe, too hard I think.

 

 

Somewhat spoiler pic from little busters but; this is what I imagine Haiburi is doing right now after I made fun of his design traces or ideas

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge